PDA

View Full Version : Fck that Gasol Trade tho

InRareForm
01-26-2009, 11:48 PM
yep.

Rogue
01-26-2009, 11:56 PM
only the lakers fans consider it a trade.

It's a robbery :makemyday:

Banzai
01-27-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif ya the trade was pretty mind boggling.

InRareForm
01-27-2009, 12:06 AM
yea that crittenton prospect sure made that deal fair as some laker fans were yelling out when it happened.

Biggems
01-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Well had we drafted Marc Gasol instead of Marcus Williams, then that trade probably wouldnt have happened....or at least Odom might have been involved instead of Marc Gasol's rights.

Def Rowe
01-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Well had we drafted Marc Gasol instead of Marcus Williams, then that trade probably wouldnt have happened....or at least Odom might have been involved instead of Marc Gasol's rights.

QFT

TheMACHINE
01-27-2009, 12:33 AM
lopsided trade...shoulda gave up walton instead of marc gasols rights.

Biggems
01-27-2009, 12:39 AM
QFT

QFT?

j-money24
01-27-2009, 12:54 AM
it might be lopsided, but i still think its good for the grizzlies too.

InRareForm
01-27-2009, 12:55 AM
^ in depth analysis

Ghazi
01-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Even if the Lakers gave up Odom for Gasol they'd probably still be the best team in the West.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2009, 01:22 AM
The Grizzlies traded Crittenton for a pick that in all likelihood will be a top 10 pick, so in effect they traded Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol and 3 1st round picks (Kwame Brown isn't worth mentioning), it's not a terribly bad trade.

Def Rowe
01-27-2009, 01:24 AM
QFT?

I think QFT means quoted for truth... I think.

The one aspect of that trade people fail to recognize was that the Lakers gave up Marc Gasol's Bird Rights. Essentially the Grizz' owner made the best cash grab possible while acquiring Marc Gasol for around 1/10th the salary costs of Pau.

Bob Lanier
01-27-2009, 01:26 AM
The Grizzlies don't seem to be doing any worse.

InRareForm
01-27-2009, 01:41 AM
The Grizzlies traded Crittenton for a pick that in all likelihood will be a top 10 pick, so in effect they traded Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol and 3 1st round picks (Kwame Brown isn't worth mentioning), it's not a terribly bad trade.

??? the other picks are going to be late first round... that's not even worth mentioning.

InRareForm
01-27-2009, 01:43 AM
I think QFT means quoted for truth... I think.

The one aspect of that trade people fail to recognize was that the Lakers gave up Marc Gasol's Bird Rights. Essentially the Grizz' owner made the best cash grab possible while acquiring Marc Gasol for around 1/10th the salary costs of Pau.

it doesn't matter, i hate all the cash/salary dump reasoning. you get something in return, end of story.

mogrovejo
01-27-2009, 03:20 AM
Memphis should have rebuild around Gasol. He was still young enough. They finally had a wing scorer to pair with him (Gay). They were going to get a good draft pick, even if they had opted to keep him. They had Conley to develop. They could get some value for Miller.

Anyway, if Gasol didn't want to stay and they wanted to part with him, they got the best possible deal at that time. I don't like this philosophy of dumping talent for salary relief and better draft picks. Marc Gasol is a nice piece to have, but he'll never be remotely as good as Pau, he's just another role-player.

Lakers999
01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
you spurs fans are just mad becuase the spurs did nothing of the sort or couldnt capitalize on the situation... dont get mad at the lakers or grizzlies for making a legitimate trade, both parties knew of the terms, one side regrets it now and one side is on the teter of a title....

this is jus hatred from spurs fans... nothing more nothing less then pure childish hatred.!!!! dont get mad at laker fans or grizz management GET MAD AT RC BUFFORD FOR not doing the same to keep up with los angeles

z0sa
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
We have a whole thread for this in the Spurs forum .. I lay out my reasoning there, but this trade should have been investigated by a permanently established trade commission .. the rest of it I really don't have a problem with, but salary dumping should not be a viable means of trading your marquee players.

Lakers999
01-27-2009, 11:58 AM
We have a whole thread for this in the Spurs forum .. I lay out my reasoning there, but this trade should have been investigated by a permanently established trade commission .. the rest of it I really don't have a problem with, but salary dumping should not be a viable means of trading your marquee players.

if the lakers traded for stephon marbury to dump salaries you spurs fans wouldnt have anything to say just because the player in question is pau gasol a player the spurs would LOVE to have and him going to the most hated spurs rival ever means HATRED.... this argument comes from jealousy nothing but jealousy. cry piss and moan all you want... the season is not over yet so in the mean time try to pray for a laker injury cas thats the only way the spurs can stop them

ChumpDumper
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
it doesn't matter, i hate all the cash/salary dump reasoning.Your hating it doesn't make it any less true.

pawe
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
if the lakers traded for stephon marbury to dump salaries you spurs fans wouldnt have anything to say just because the player in question is pau gasol a player the spurs would LOVE to have and him going to the most hated spurs rival ever means HATRED.... this argument comes from jealousy nothing but jealousy. cry piss and moan all you want... the season is not over yet so in the mean time try to pray for a laker injury cas thats the only way the spurs can stop them

GTFO! Spurtalk wont stoop down to Lakerfan level.

2Cleva
01-27-2009, 12:13 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7439/justinjf1.jpg

lefty
01-27-2009, 01:15 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7439/justinjf1.jpg

I knew you had a man crush on him !!!!

pauls931
01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm fairly sure the Gasol trade directly resulted in the self destruction of the Mavs and Suns. (I think pho can be turned around, but not championship worthy)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm fairly sure the Gasol trade directly resulted in the self destruction of the Mavs and Suns. (I think pho can be turned around, but not championship worthy)

No specific thing led to the destruction of the Suns. If there was one specific trade, it was the Kurt Thomas trade. It was also the lack of activity in the 2007 off season to get better.

pauls931
01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
No specific thing led to the destruction of the Suns. If there was one specific trade, it was the Kurt Thomas trade. It was also the lack of activity in the 2007 off season to get better.

Kurt was ok, but I must not be able to see talent because all I saw was a guy to foul Duncan with and hit a few jumpers. They were good before him.