PDA

View Full Version : Peter Holt ... FWIW

PeterBurns
01-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Not that he would say anything different.
But we had Peter Holt on this morning, and I asked him about who we are trading for.

His answer....."They haven't bought me any names to look at, and I'm involved in all those decisions. Looks like we will sit tight"

mrspurs
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
But we had Peter Holt on this morning, and I asked him about who we are trading for.

His answer....."They haven't bought me any names to look at, and I've involved in all those decisions. Looks like we will sit tight"

Pop has said it already. And Timmy has said more then once. This is what we will go with. If its true, then it explains the rumors we hear inside the AT&T about ticket prices for season ticket holders.

DPG21920
01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Holt speaks broken english?

PeterBurns
01-27-2009, 10:25 AM
So basically this means...trade looming. CIA SPURS

raspsa
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Of course, but nothing is set in stone and I just have a feeling there could be a surprise coming ,, (fingers crossed)

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
I highly doubt they aren't TRYING to do something..it's not like they would admit it anyways..also, they obviously realize that we don't currently have many assets to make a big move, so let's not get our hopes up..

Dex
01-27-2009, 10:46 AM
The CIA gears are turning. Expect Lebron James any day now.

Budkin
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
LeBron is our target with Dwight Howard as our safety?

Duncan2177
01-27-2009, 11:24 AM

His answer....."They haven't bought me any names to look at, and I'm involved in all those decisions. Looks like we will sit tight"

Were Fucked

Lakers999
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Were Fucked

:toast

z0sa
01-27-2009, 11:49 AM
for what its worth .. I dont think its worth anything. Doubt the owner puts his staff in a precarious position when they're always closed-lips about this sort of thing.

I Love Me Some Me
01-27-2009, 01:52 PM
The less you hear, the more is happening.

EricB
01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Pop has said it already. And Timmy has said more then once. This is what we will go with. If its true, then it explains the rumors we hear inside the AT&T about ticket prices for season ticket holders.

What rumors are these? I'm a season ticket holder and I haven't heard jack squat.

EricB
01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
It would be foolish to not make a move, guys are out there, we may need to give up future picks to get them.

What guys are these exactly?

Dr. Gonzo
01-27-2009, 02:04 PM
What rumors are these? I'm a season ticket holder and I haven't heard jack squat.

I heard something mentioned about that at the very ass end of an interview with Holt on 1200 last night but I didn't get any details.

EricB
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
They raised prices last year, but as I've said before, as long as they are a championship team, and spend money like last summer, I have no problem with it.

tonylongoriafan
01-27-2009, 02:31 PM
So basically this means...trade looming. CIA SPURS

hate to say it again BUT maybe the spurs know that we know that they know they are CIA Spurs...u follow? obvious logic leads one to believe NO TRADE!

South Side Spurs Fan
01-27-2009, 02:47 PM
The Answer is already here.

http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1204/nba_g_dailydime_268.jpg

z0sa
01-27-2009, 02:51 PM
^^ check that gun out ... :lmao

duncan228
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM

I don't know what the rumors are, but it was announced that they froze season ticket prices.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115307

FromWayDowntown
01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't know what the rumors are, but it was announced that they froze season ticket prices.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115307

They froze season ticket prices and playoff ticket prices while providing a pay-as-you-go option on playoff tickets for 2009.

I'm not sure what that has to do with making a trade or not, since the numbers involved would have to match and the cash outlays would essentially be the same, but I'm sure someone can explain it to me.

What that announcement does offer me is the resounding lack of doubt about whether the Spurs will make the playoffs at all. Having just seen a game at Conseco Fieldhouse on Friday night, I can tell you, first-hand, the difference between a franchise and fan-base that hopes to make the playoffs and a franchise and fan-base that it certain it will make the playoffs. It's far better to be in the latter group, as the Spurs have been for 18 of the last 19 years.

lefty
01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
The CIA gears are turning. Expect Lebron James any day now.

For who?

Bruno
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Spurs are in a bad situation to do a trade with their limited assets and the 2010 plan.
While Spurs are obviously trying to improve their team as every year, it's likely that they won't be able to do a trade that could help them. IMO, Holt was just saying the truth and Spurs aren't close to make a trade.

YODA
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Theres always something in the works. I doubt Hold would tell anyone if there was anthing going on anyways. Would you? of course not. Sources say there are talks,,but only talks at the moment. Take that for whatever it means. I kinda think there are always someone trying to make some type of trade. We just dont happen to hear about it.

xellos88330
01-27-2009, 04:23 PM
If only I could have spies in the Spurs organization so I could know exactly what is going on. I hate waiting.

DPG21920
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Usually if there something in the works a gm or coach says something along the lines of: "we are always exploring options to better our team and to increase our chances of winning..." The fact he came out and said no, leads me to believe he is telling the truth.

timvp
01-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Usually if there something in the works a gm or coach says something along the lines of: "we are always exploring options to better our team and to increase our chances of winning..." The fact he came out and said no, leads me to believe he is telling the truth.He also said the Spurs were absolutely not going to trade Malik Rose and that he had heard of no scenario that involved Rose.

When anyone in the front office, including Holt, says something, it's best to ignore because there is no pattern to telling the truth or furthering CIA Pop.

FromWayDowntown
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Spurs are in a bad situation to do a trade with their limited assets and the 2010 plan.

While Spurs are obviously trying to improve their team as every year, it's likely that they won't be able to do a trade that could help them. IMO, Holt was just saying the truth and Spurs aren't close to make a trade.

This I agree with. Unless the Spurs are willing to part with Parker or Ginobili, they don't have much in the way of assets to make a deal; that's true no matter how many posters to this site want to propose rationales for why other teams would accept pieces like Vaughn, Bonner, Udoka, Splitter, Javtokas, or others in various trade scenarios.

It was one thing when Isiah was in New York and could be fleeced; it's something else entirely when the league has basically seen the wisdom of avoiding undesireable deals and is uniformly in Prepare for Summer 2010 mode. Teams that are in line to be at or over the cap are looking for big expiring deals; teams that are under the cap have no incentive to make deals for garbage players.

Without expendable talent or a sizeable expiring deal -- neither of which the Spurs seem to have -- there's almost no room to make a move that has a chance to be a difference-maker.

ManuTP9
01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
i would love for us to win it all this year but whats more important, trying to win a title with the guys we have or focus on the future? i would pefer future so there will be more titles to come to SA.

xtremesteven33
01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Only case scenarios for Spurs to make the Finals this year:

1) Bynum or Gasol get hurt and are out for the season
2) Another team eliminates the Lakers early in the playoffs
3) Spurs sign a good solid Center

take your pick spurs fans

arodz
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
If that's what Holt said, then it's a sure thing that they'll make a trade. Holt doesn't make the calls. He ain't Jerry.

mingus
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Only case scenarios for Spurs to make the Finals this year:

1) Bynum or Gasol get hurt and are out for the season
2) Another team eliminates the Lakers early in the playoffs
3) Spurs sign a good solid Center

take your pick spurs fans

or they can not shoot 5/23(?) from three land against them.

ploto
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
He also said the Spurs were absolutely not going to trade Malik Rose and that he had heard of no scenario that involved Rose.

When he was the one specifically pushing for the trade of Rose.