PDA

View Full Version : Legit trade issues.

Yogurt210
01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok here’s what’s going on.
As we all know, most of us hated Bonner for different reasons last season and early this season. Pop has done a great job giving him some time and letting him develop his jump shot and become more of a consistent defender. Pop was just prepping him up increasing his value for a possible upcoming trade. I would almost guarantee that Bonner will be included in any future trade straight –up or moving multiple players. Now we all know we DEF! need a BIG 4 with defensive capabilities and also an long athletic-slasher for the 2-3 spot. Granted if we fill those positions we could be on our way to another ring. But who is looking for a big that can shoot really really well(Bonner). Finely also is being prepped up too by pop giving him the start before his value goes down the drain with his “old-age” looming over him.

So in short I really think Bonner and Finley are our biggest offer that we could possibly let go without ruining our foundation.
JV,IME just plain suck and I don’t think any teams will want them, unless they are just salary matchers. Ginobili probably has about until the end of next season to prove he can they way he used to before a possible trade includes him, So don’t count him out just yet. Parker is playing fine, Duncan is consistent but no way as dominant as he used to be, but he will be staying for the long run most likely to play with Splitter in 2010.

With all we have to offer that other teams could possibly want without ruining what we have is: Bonner, Finley and rights to Splitter.
Hopefully that will be enough to land us a bigman, and or an athletic slasher this year.

POP work your magic.

DPG21920
01-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Finley cannot be traded without his consent, so he is going no where.

Yogurt210
01-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Finley cannot be traded without his consent, so he is going no where.

that is correct..deng forgot about that. now unless we trade him to a contender team.

Agloco
01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok here’s what’s going on.
As we all know, most of us hated Bonner for different reasons last season and early this season. Pop has done a great job giving him some time and letting him develop his jump shot and become more of a consistent defender. Pop was just prepping him up increasing his value for a possible upcoming trade. I would almost guarantee that Bonner will be included in any future trade straight –up or moving multiple players. Now we all know we DEF! need a BIG 4 with defensive capabilities and also an long athletic-slasher for the 2-3 spot. Granted if we fill those positions we could be on our way to another ring. But who is looking for a big that can shoot really really well(Bonner). Finely also is being prepped up too by pop giving him the start before his value goes down the drain with his “old-age” looming over him.

So in short I really think Bonner and Finley are our biggest offer that we could possibly let go without ruining our foundation.
JV,IME just plain suck and I don’t think any teams will want them, unless they are just salary matchers. Ginobili probably has about until the end of next season to prove he can they way he used to before a possible trade includes him, So don’t count him out just yet. Parker is playing fine, Duncan is consistent but no way as dominant as he used to be, but he will be staying for the long run most likely to play with Splitter in 2010.

With all we have to offer that other teams could possibly want without ruining what we have is: Bonner, Finley and rights to Splitter.
Hopefully that will be enough to land us a bigman, and or an athletic slasher this year.

POP work your magic.

What we REALLY have is Bonner and, well......... Bonner.

Finley needs to be consented before a trade, so guess what?

Splitters rights are worth less than a two-cent whore as he's under contract with another team (which is paying him quite handsomely I might add....)

Soooo........

I don't see much happening :hat

loveforthegame
01-27-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't see Finley giving the ok even if the Spurs wanted to trade him to a contender.