PDA

View Full Version : Sean's Jersey Retirement

Kori Ellis
03-02-2005, 05:40 PM
SPURS TO RETIRE ELLIOTT’S JERSEY THIS SUNDAY
FORMER SPURS FORWARD WILL BECOME FIFTH PLAYER TO RECEIVE HONOR

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs will retire Sean Elliott’s No. 32 on Sunday, March 6, 2005 following their home contest with the Utah Jazz.

The jersey retirement ceremony will take place on the court at the SBC Center following the game. Participants in the ceremony will include Elliott’s former teammates Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr and David Robinson as well as Lute Olson, who was his coach at the University of Arizona. Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich, owner Peter Holt and Texas Governor Rick Perry will also be a part of the ceremony.

Fans attending Sunday’s game will receive a holographic card featuring Elliott’s game winning three-pointer in Game 2 of the 1999 NBA Western Conference Finals, now known as the “Memorial Day Miracle”. Fans will also see highlights of Elliott’s career featured on the SBC Center Lighthouse during timeouts and quarter breaks.

Fans that do not have a ticket for Sunday’s game can catch all the action on Fox Sports Net. FSN will feature highlights from Elliott’s 11-year career with the Spurs during Sunday’s game and will be the only station televising the entire post-game retirement ceremony live.

Selected by the Spurs with the third overall pick in the 1989 NBA Draft, Elliott spent 11 of his 12 NBA seasons with the Spurs. He is San Antonio's all-time leader in three-point field goals made (with 563) and attempted (1,485). He also ranks among the Spurs regular season all-time leaders in games (third with 669), points (fourth with 9,659), rebounds (sixth with 2,941), assists (seventh with 1,700), steals (eighth with 522) and blocks (ninth with 257). Elliott is the only player in franchise history to rank among the top 10 in all seven of these categories. He also saw action in 85 playoff games with the Spurs which is the second most postseason appearances in franchise history behind David Robinson's 123.

Elliott captured the sporting world’s attention on March 14, 2000 when he became the first player in NBA history to return to action following a major organ transplant. Elliott underwent a kidney transplant on July 21, 1999 after suffering from focal glomerulosclerosis, a rare kidney disease that was detected seven years earlier.

HIP HOOPERS
03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
oh man.... can't they wait for another 2 days?!? I would love to see that live! :)

timvp
03-02-2005, 05:46 PM
:cry

P.S.

Avery Johnson in the house!

exstatic
03-02-2005, 05:48 PM
oh man.... can't they wait for another 2 days?!?
I'll take dumb questions for 500, Alex.

What is NO?

MannyIsGod
03-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I'll take dumb questions for 500, Alex.

What is NO?

I'll take Assholes bigger than Manny for 100, Alex.

Who is EX.

blackbucket
03-02-2005, 05:58 PM
I may have an extra ticket for that game. I'll will post a thread in here if it is available.

exstatic
03-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I'll take Assholes bigger than Manny for 100, Alex.

Who is EX.

Ohhh, I'm sorry your response is incorrect. The correct response is "Who is no one?".

HIP HOOPERS
03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm going to the nets:spurs game on tuesday, and since i've never been to a NBA game before it would be great to catch a "jersey retirement show" also... maybe if they retire another jersey on tuesday... :)

exstatic
03-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Just messing with you, HH. ;) Enjoy the game, and you are in for a treat watching Tony and JKidd go at it. Just stay clear of Sequ, as his boy Vince will be in the house. He'll likely be in heat.

Phenomanul
03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
:lol :lol :lol
Just messing with you, HH. ;) Enjoy the game, and you are in for a treat watching Tony and JKidd go at it. Just stay clear of Sequ, as his boy Vince will be in the house. He'll likely be in heat. :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin

ducks
03-02-2005, 06:37 PM
against the jazz so people would go to the game
nice marketing ploy spurs