PDA

View Full Version : New Springsteen Album: 'Working On A Dream'

duncan228
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Has anyone heard it all yet? It's getting incredible reviews, they say it's the best thing he's done in years.

Oh, and a reminder, he's the half-time show at the Superbowl. :)

"WORKING ON A DREAM": NOW AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE! (http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html)

Bruce Springsteen's new album "Working on a Dream" has been released on Columbia Records. "Working on a Dream" was recorded with the E Street Band and features twelve new Springsteen compositions plus one bonus track. It is the fourth collaboration between Springsteen and Brendan O'Brien, who produced and mixed the album.

"Working on a Dream" Song Titles:

Outlaw Pete
My Lucky Day
Working On A Dream
Queen Of The Supermarket
What Love Can Do
This Life
Good Eye
Tomorrow Never Knows
Life Itself
Kingdom Of Days
Surprise, Surprise
The Last Carnival
Bonus track:
The Wrestler

Bruce Springsteen said, "Towards the end of recording 'Magic,' excited by the return to pop production sounds, I continued writing. When my friend producer Brendan O'Brien heard the new songs, he said, 'Let's keep going.' Over the course of the next year, that's just what we did, recording with the E Street Band during the breaks on last year's tour. I hope 'Working on a Dream' has caught the energy of the band fresh off the road from some of the most exciting shows we've ever done. All the songs were written quickly, we usually used one of our first few takes, and we all had a blast making this one from beginning to end."

"Working on a Dream" is Bruce Springsteen's twenty-fourth album and was recorded and mixed at Southern Tracks in Atlanta, GA with additional recording in New York City, Los Angeles, and New Jersey.

The Deluxe Package of 'Working on a Dream' features a DVD showing fans the first-ever look behind the scenes at the making of a Springsteen album; nothing in the film is staged. Produced, directed, and edited by longtime Springsteen associate and Emmy and GRAMMY winner Thom Zimny, the documentary film includes in-studio footage edited to the tracks of "My Lucky Day," "Queen of the Supermarket," "Kingdom of Days," "Working on a Dream," "Life Itself," and "The Last Carnival." Fans may also revel in never-before-heard demos and early versions of various songs as they see Springsteen and the E Street Band at work from a fly-on-the-wall point of view.

alamo50
01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Love the CD.
Can't wait to see them perform live over here in Holland end of May.

leemajors
01-27-2009, 09:36 PM
thunder dan has been waiting for this. surprised you beat him to it