PDA

View Full Version : Rumor (Chad Ford): Elton Brand on the block. speculations about Pistons and Bulls?

mountainballer
01-28-2009, 05:29 AM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/opinions/blogs/intell_blogs/tom_moore.html

January 27

ESPN's Ford: Sources say 'Brand is available'

ESPN's Chad Ford said in a Tuesday online chat that "from what my sources around the league are saying, (Elton) Brand is available."

Sixers president Ed Stefanski signed Brand to a five-year, $82 million contract on July 9. But Brand, a 10th-year power forward, hasn't had the on-court impact the Sixers had hoped and won seven of eight games at the end of a 16-game stretch he missed with a dislocated right shoulder.

Later, Ford wrote: "The question is, given how poorly (Brand has) played this year and his huge contract, does anyone want him (by the Feb. 19 trade deadline)?"

The 30-year-old Brand is earning $13.8 million this season.

Ford speculated that the Pistons might be interested in trading Philly native Rasheed Wallace, who is in the final year of his contract, for Brand, but doubted if Detroit president Joe Dumars would be willing to take back Brand's additional four years and $68 million.

Ford also wondered if the Bulls would be willing to send ex-Sixer Larry Hughes and either Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah to the Sixers for Brand.

Stefanski doesn't comment on trade rumors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what about Brand for AI? :lol
(seriously, if the Pistons can get Brand without giving up Sheed, they get two frontcourt players, who would compliment each other perfectly. even the bad 2009 version of Brand would be a great addition for the pistons. and I'm sure he would look much better in the Pistons offense.)

baseline bum
01-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Damn, Brand used to be the ultimate Malik Rose. Is Philly trying too hard to run their offense through him? I've only seen one game of his this season, and it seemed like they were trying to force him the ball on the block like he's Shaq or Duncan. Brand needs to be the clean-up man he was in LA and not try to be some franchise guy that has to live up to a max contract.

TDMVPDPOY
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
82m im rich bieatchs

jacobdrj
01-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Sheed for Brand.

Or;
Iverson for Brand...

DO IT NAAAAUUUUUGH!

Disclaimer - I, JacboDrJ, do not necessarily agree with the views demonstrated in the preceding part of the post, nor am I responsible for forthcoming Aaaahnold/JibJab reference afterwords, nor am I aware of the cap rules, or bothered to put this trade, or any other, through the ESPN trade machine. Not available in Taiwan. Member NSCL.

angelbelow
01-28-2009, 11:37 AM
lol brand for ai. that would be funny.

Trainwreck2100
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Pistons traded Billups to get a contract that would expire before 2010, why would they trade for a guy with 5 years?

turiaf for president
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Pistons traded Billups to get a contract that would expire before 2010, why would they trade for a guy with 5 years?

i think only reason they would do this deal is if they KNOW they cant get lebron, wade, or bosh. i think lebron is staying in cle if they keep playing this well. i think wade is prolly staying in miami since they are improving every game. Bosh is the one the pistons will prolly have the best chance of landing

Bob Lanier
01-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Because Billups is (or tries to be) a point guard, and Rodney Stuckey is a point guard, and Brand isn't.

mystargtr34
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I think Philly might be willing to take Iverson's expiring deal back. It gives tham an escape route from the Brand contract since its obviously not working.

Then they could be 2010 players.

j-money24
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
wow i would love to see iverson back in a sixers jersey

Austin_Toros
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
76ers gettin Brand in the first place was a huge mistake.
paying him the big bucks was also terrible.
trade him NOW