PDA

View Full Version : UTSA reaches out to Bob Davie

peewee's lovechild
01-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Matt Gutierrez

San Antonio Express

UTSA has begun communication with Bob Davie, former coach of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. It was not an unexpected move, as the UTSA football program has picked up a lot of steam since it was announced that the program would start in about a year.

Several UTSA alumni have been pushing the athletics department to interview Davie. The athletics department succumbed to the alumni pressure and reached out to Davie.

When Davie was asked about the possibility of coaching the much feared Roadrunners he said, "That's just crazy talk."

UTSA athletics is hoping the denial is a non-denial.

I Love Me Some Me
01-28-2009, 12:56 PM
"Hello, Bob?"
- "Who's speaking?"
"This is Lynn Hickey with the University of Texas at San Antonio"
- "Hello, sir"
"Uhh...that's ma'am, but you can call me Lynn. We were wondering if you'd be interested in coachiCLICK...Hello? Hello, Bob...Hello?

Dammit...get me DW Rutledge's number!!!"

The Reckoning
01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
:lol

ClingingMars
01-28-2009, 01:27 PM
:lmao

-Mars

tonylongoriafan
01-28-2009, 01:36 PM
okay...so the express news is lying by actually quoting davie less than two weeks ago.

awesome information :toast :p:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/david_flores/Race_begins_for_UTSA_head-coaching_job.html
That said, Davie expressed his thoughts on the potential of the UTSA football program.

“As an unbiased observer of college football, it makes sense to me for UTSA to take this step,” he said. “It's San Antonio, it's football and it's Texas. There are so many inherent positives. You have a great city, a great state to recruit in and good-sized university.”

peewee's lovechild
01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
okay...so the express news is lying by actually quoting davie less than two weeks ago.

awesome information :toast :p:

I'm telling you . . .

That quote implies that he would take a job at UTSA.

I mean, it only makes sense that you would go from Notre Dame to a school that is just starting a football program.

That's like College Football 101.

CubanMustGo
01-28-2009, 02:37 PM

CosmicCowboy
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm telling you . . .

That quote implies that he would take a job at UTSA.

I mean, it only makes sense that you would go from Notre Dame to a school that is just starting a football program.

That's like College Football 101.

LOL

Not just starting a program bust starting a 1-AA program.

UTSA will join the other regional 1-AA football powerhouses like Texas Southern, Stephen F Austin, Sam Houston State, and Texas State....

I'm sure Davie popped wood just at the thought of playing in such illustrious company...

S_A_Longhorn
01-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Paul Alexander is available...