PDA

View Full Version : ps3 wtf

stretch
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
anyone have the same issue with a ps3 where the screen flashes a bunch, usually when you first turn the machine on, and when you are in the menu?

its so fucking annoying.

Evan
01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
anyone have the same issue with a ps3 where the screen flashes a bunch, usually when you first turn the machine on, and when you are in the menu?

its so fucking annoying.

Sounds like a bad cable?

stretch
01-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds like a bad cable?

but the strange thing is that it only does it when you first turn the system on, and in the menu. once you play a game, it works just fine. leave the game and go back to the menu, and it starts flashing again.

Evan
01-28-2009, 06:53 PM
but the strange thing is that it only does it when you first turn the system on, and in the menu. once you play a game, it works just fine. leave the game and go back to the menu, and it starts flashing again.

During the PS1 days I worked at a video game store (I know, long time ago) systems did crap like that all the time and 90% of the time it was a bum cable. Maybe even try a different slot on your TV. Good luck.

Reck
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
I had that problem. Really f**ed my system badly.

Like yours it happened in while I was in the main menu but once you put the game on and start everything would go back to normal but I decided I had enough of that stuff and unplugged everything to try it on the Living room tv. That's when everything went sour for me.

After that I just got a black screen and couldn't see a thing. I had to send my PS3 to the Sony people to get it fixed.

I would be carefull if I were you unplugging your PS3.

IronMexican
01-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Since I don't want to make a thread. Anyone know a good site to download MP3's to my ps3 straight from the browser?

florige
01-29-2009, 08:53 AM

its so fucking annoying.

Have you switched between HD and regular TV anytime recently?

ATRAIN
01-29-2009, 09:06 AM
is this the equivalent to the xbox red ring?

florige
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM
is this the equivalent to the xbox red ring?

Nah, because it still works...:lol

lefty
01-29-2009, 09:15 AM

its so fucking annoying.

No.

Just you

to21
01-29-2009, 09:19 AM
I had that problem. Really f**ed my system badly.

Like yours it happened in while I was in the main menu but once you put the game on and start everything would go back to normal but I decided I had enough of that stuff and unplugged everything to try it on the Living room tv. That's when everything went sour for me.

After that I just got a black screen and couldn't see a thing. I had to send my PS3 to the Sony people to get it fixed.

I would be carefull if I were you unplugging your PS3.Did you reset your box after you switched TV's?

florige
01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Did you reset your box after you switched TV's?

Yeah really! I called Sony and they told me to hold the power button down for 5 seconds until it beeps three times at which time the system will reset back to the default settings. Although I must say the more times I do it, the harder it is to get it to switch back to the default settings.

to21
01-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah really! I called Sony and they told me to hold the power button down for 5 seconds until it beeps three times at which time the system will reset back to the default settings. Although I must say the more times I do it, the harder it is to get it to switch back to the default settings.Yup.

fatsack
01-29-2009, 10:28 AM
I have not had this problem

Fpoonsie
01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah! I had the EXACT same problem. I just ended up tryin a different slot in the back (HDMI1 to HDMI4 (as was already suggested)) and it's currently workin fine.

Reck
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Did you reset your box after you switched TV's?

Yeah I did the 5 second power buttom press and nothing. Didn't reset jack squad because I still had the black screen with wavy while lines on it.