PDA

View Full Version : The Astros are Finished

Spurminator
08-29-2004, 07:16 PM
The Astros' season is over.

I don't care that they just beat the Wild Card leading Cubs three times in a row to pull within 4 games of the Wild Card spot. I don't care that they have won 11 of their last 14. I don't care that they are starting to really heat up offensively.

I refuse to get my hopes up because the Astros have no chance in hell to catch the Wild Card.

[/reverse mojo reverse mojo reverse mojo reverse mojo]

IcemanCometh
08-29-2004, 07:20 PM
no shit

DuffMcCartney
08-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Astros blow. Cardinals blow. Red Sox blow.

It's all about the Yankees.

timvp
08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
If you're not from New York and you're not married to me and you are a Yankees fan, you are a jock-riding, band-wagoning fool who supports the team that ruined baseball.

:cuss

P.S.

Next year is the Expos year! :cry

DuffMcCartney
08-29-2004, 07:55 PM
If you're not from New York and you're not married to me and you are a Yankees fan, you are a jock-riding, band-wagoning fool who supports the team that ruined baseball.

timvp..that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

Spurminator
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Exactly. How can anyone outside of New York root for the Yankees? What do you have to gain?

If they win, they were supposed to... If they lose, it was a horrible failure because they outspent the entire league by a huge margin and still lost. It's a lose-lose situation.

Taz1
08-29-2004, 08:14 PM
i have to raise issue with what timvp posted.

the new york yankees baseball team did not ruin baseball !
the current system, both management & the players union ruined america's past-time !

how can u have a "profitable" business that has a commisioner that was at one time a owner ?

that explains why new york yankee owner, george steinbrenner can do what he needs to guarantee to his fans that he supplies them with the best team that money can buy !

as long as u have that scumbag, bud selig, who is the former milwaukee brewer owner as a biased commisioner, then you will never be able to stop owners such as steinbrenner from paying whatever he needs to to put the best nine players on the diamond !

and don't even start with the mlb player's union, after the "work stoppage", back in 1994, we baseball fans have about as much respect for that organization as we have for tom arnold being a respected authority on sporting events !

King Latifah
08-29-2004, 09:45 PM
It's not the Yankees who ruined baseball. It's the penny pinching owners of other teams who ruined baseball.

(Although, I don't think it's been ruined, anyway.)

Jimcs50
08-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Houston is going to catch Chicago, I can feel it....unfortunately, Andy will not be able to pitch in playoffs either.

T Park Num 9
08-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Houston I think ran out of time.

Still havent heard the status of Beltran yet.

San Fran will prob get the wild card.

They are supposedly trading for Jeromy Burnitz and Shawn Estes.

Although no bullpen help, wich is what they, the Cubs, Astros need desperately.

Spurminator
09-28-2004, 11:58 PM
Astros win, Cubs lose.

So they're half a game back now. Big deal. I still say they're done.

The Astros are dead to me. Bring on the basketball season.

[/reverse mojo reverse mojo reverse mojo]

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 12:00 AM
:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

T Park Num 9
09-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Astros Cardinals would be one hell of a NLCS.

Jimcs50
09-29-2004, 10:35 PM
TPark, you better hope that the Astros do not get in playoffs, as the Cards are the Astros' bitches.

Hook Dem
09-29-2004, 11:42 PM
Astros finished????? Not just yet! Won again!

T Park Num 9
09-30-2004, 12:33 AM
They are Jim?

Interesting, seems the Cardinals were beating hte Astros pretty good when the Cardinals actually gave a shit what was going on.

Spurminator
09-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Head to Head...

Wins

Astros: 10
Cards: 8

Runs Scored:

Astros: 92
Cards: 78

Can't really say either team is the other's bitch... But nor can you say the Astros have only beaten the Cardinals after it didn't matter anymore. It's been pretty even all season.... Astros bookended the season series with sweeps.

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 09:35 AM
TPark, the Cardinals played all their stars, they played their two best pitchers in this series, so do not tell me that they did not try to win, I watched every game, I know whan a team is mailing it in, and they were doing everything to win each game...go ahead and keep telling yourself that they were only playing half speed, maybe it will make you feel better, but I know better. The Cardinals would much rather play the Giants or Cubs as they have totally dominated both teams this year, and that is why they were trying to eliminate the Astros....... Fear the Astro!!

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Just imagine if we had Wade Miller and Andy Pettitte, what would this team's chances be in the playoffs?

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 11:12 AM
But if the Astros do get the wild card, the Astros will have to play the Braves before they even get a chance to beat the Cardinals. We all know what the Astros' history is in playing Atlanta in 1st round is, too.:depressed

Jimcs50
09-30-2004, 11:24 AM
The Giants were hoping for the Rockies to help them out by beating LA 2 of 3 at least, and they have not helped at all, with their Bullpen blowing a chance to sweep the Dodgers in the first 2 games, before finally winning last night. Now the Giants must hope the woeful Rockies beat Houston 2 of 3.

tlong, go ahead and send my $20 now.