PDA

View Full Version : Penders accuses ESPN of using "x-ray vision thing" to doctor footage

IceColdBrewski
01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
You can't make this stuff up.

"They doctoroed it up. They put that x-ray vision thing in, as if Aubrey was looking down, which painted a very poor picture of what actually happened. We have replays of the game taken at different angles, where we have the entire sequence ... Aubrey's eyes never do anything but look straight ahead and then up and toward the ceiling ... ESPN made it look like he was looking down. I think it was a total distortion.

I've worked there, and I've seen them do that kind of thing. I called a producer I know over there, and he's pretty high up, a guy named Norby Williamson; I called him three times. And he hasn't returned my calls. So you know something's not right. ... He was tried and convicted without a jury. Without a defense."

http://deadspin.com/5141464/tom-penders-accuses-espn-of-video-trickery-not-returning-calls

Another doozy

"He attempted to step over Chase; at no time did he mean to hurt the kid," Penders said. "It's clear on the replay that he never touches his face, but his shoulder."

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4615/colemanie9.jpg

What a douchebag. :lol

samikeyp
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I didn't like him at UT but I put up with him. The dude is a tool.

Holmes_Fans
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Meh, you make it sound like he meant some kind of x-ray device.

fail

IceColdBrewski
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM

What do you mean I made it sound that way? Those are his words dipstick, not mine.

The sad part of the whole thing was how the player just completely followed his lead. Just made excuses for the whole thing instead of manning up about it.

samikeyp
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM

fail

They doctoroed it up. They put that x-ray vision thing in

Fail.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
The guy CLEARLY stepped on his face on purpose and didn't do a very convincing "oh, gee I didn't see you down there" acting job. Anybody that attempts to defend that in any way is a fool, and ESPN only put that in there to counter the idiots that are trying. They simply pointed out that the kid looked down, saw the guy on the ground and then looked up and wandered over onto his face and "tripped" while intentionally NOT looking at what he'd just stepped on.