PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Noah

Jmoney
01-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Seems to me hes on the outs with his team. Only gets lots of minutes when somebody else is injured. We've got parts Chicago would like. We could even through in the rights to say Splitter. I mean Splitter is under contract in euro league till 2010 the big year he's a good power forward but he seems to having problems switching to Center just not long enough and not enough muscle. Noah while not a big scorer rebounds nicely and his defense is solid. While he has been a nutball at times nothing Pop can't handle. Seems to me we could offer various pieces to the Bulls without hurting us and his contract is low. I would say something like the rights to Splitter a 2nd rounder and a player to be named would be sufficient. He hasn't produced like a 1st round player but that could change in a system where hes not asked to score alot and just be a defense presence like every center we've had since David retired.

peskypesky
01-29-2009, 01:30 AM
He sorta sucks.

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2009, 01:34 AM
He sorta sucks.

Not to mention he looks like a retarded muppet.

peskypesky
01-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Not to mention he looks like a retarded muppet.

:(

ss1986v2
01-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Seems to me hes on the outs with his team. Only gets lots of minutes when somebody else is injured.

wait, what? hes averaging almost 20 minutes a game for them (appearing in 43 games, starting in 18). i think you have gray and noah confused. gray had started to rack of the DNP-CDs until gooden went down.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2009, 01:41 AM
i give them finley just to make it work nothing else...his from chicago anyway

bigdog
01-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Because Noah is fail. His character is horrible. The guy might be talented but he doesn't have the brains to go along with it.

Jmoney
01-29-2009, 02:03 AM
wait, what? hes averaging almost 20 minutes a game for them (appearing in 43 games, starting in 18). i think you have gray and noah confused. gray had started to rack of the DNP-CDs until gooden went down.

Thats kind of inflated due to injuries to Tyrus Thomas and Gooden. While he's appeared in those games his minutes were few and far between. He gets alot more playing time due to those injuries. Vinny does not like him. Like I said the kid is a nutball his basketball I.Q is actually quite high but he just seems to not be focused it's like he was so high off his college play he thought he would be Jesus reborn in the NBA and it did not happen that way. If you take his stats for the season on whole compare it to what he was playing he's basically a Nest type player with better ball handling skills and better post defense.

ss1986v2
01-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Thats kind of inflated due to injuries to Tyrus Thomas and Gooden. While he's appeared in those games his minutes were few and far between. He gets alot more playing time due to those injuries. Vinny does not like him.

tyrus has only missed 3 games this year, so im not sure his minutes are inflated due to him. gooden, on the other hand, has missed a couple of stretches already. but even in the 7 games that gooden had played this month (missing 6 other games with a sore groin), noah averaged 20 minutes per.

a lot of the minute issues on the bulls have been with vdn messing with the rotations. for a stretch this year, he was starting gray, pulling him at about the 6 minute mark, and then giving him scrap minutes for the rest of the game, if any at all.

yes, there are some issues with noah and the organization, but its not like they are looking to dump him. and hes been playing rather well for them in goodens absence (aside from on horrid game last friday).

ChumpDumper
01-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Who are you people?

mathbzh
01-29-2009, 03:41 AM
# Ranks #9 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(15.6)
# Ranks #6 in the NBA in Blocks Per 48 Minutes(3.44)

I don't like him but if we could have him, he would certainly help.
More important, we will not find a better player without trading one of the big 3.

If there is a possibility to get him without giving too much, why not.

angelbelow
01-29-2009, 05:41 AM
from what i recall, it doesnt seem like his head is on right. perhaps its his attitude or his work ethic but he seems to get into trouble.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Actually Noah's a good shout. Unfortunately, I don't see what we've got as trading asset that would entice the Bulls to trade him away.

Yes, he's talented, yet has got flaws and he'd probably not be able to help much this season, but being realistic everyone that we could get for next to nothing will have flaws, so we'd have to accept them and hope they could help.

I believe there was a discussion about Noah not too long ago. Much better than all these Vaughn for Howard threads that keep popping up.

xapatan2
01-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Hey guys,

just to recall you're talking about a Two time NCAA champion...

You're talking about the guy who convince his teamates not to take the money and a good draft position in june 2007....

You're talking about a guy that's doesn't care about his stats, just the win and that doesn't care to the dirty job...

You're talking about the rookie who doesn't give a fuck to go public ( and he was right to do so) when he just can't stand that his teamates do not care about the team and the wins but cares about their money and their stats...

Many of you are just plenty wrong.
Noah would be the perfect fit and within the Spurs organization he would just find one of the few coaches that is hard and FAIR.

My guess...
Xap'

Muser
01-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Noah isn't great, I will admit that. But it seems everyone on here thinks we should be getting people like Dwight Howard or Yao.

We already have the players who can score, it's just Timmy needs some help on D against some of the bigger men and as someone else has posted, Noah is 9th and 6th respectively in Rebounds and Blocks. That's some pretty good numbers if you ask me.

kace
01-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Noah isn't great, I will admit that. But it seems everyone on here thinks we should be getting people like Dwight Howard or Yao.

We already have the players who can score, it's just Timmy needs some help on D against some of the bigger men and as someone else has posted, Noah is 9th and 6th respectively in Rebounds and Blocks. That's some pretty good numbers if you ask me.

i always thought Noah would be good for the spurs. and his lack of offense still make him a possible trade: how could be have a good big who rebounds and score ? and even if he scores a little, he has a good % (+ 50%).

oh, and he's now #5 in Blocks per 48.

stéphane
01-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Just because...

samikeyp
01-29-2009, 07:48 AM
You're talking about the rookie who doesn't give a fuck to go public ( and he was right to do so) when he just can't stand that his teamates do not care about the team and the wins but cares about their money and their stats...

No, He was wrong. If you have a problem with your teammates, you keep it between you and them and in the locker room, you don't run to the media and whine. It was a bitch move.

Hemotivo
01-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey guys,

just to recall you're talking about a Two time NCAA champion...

You're talking about the guy who convince his teamates not to take the money and a good draft position in june 2007....

You're talking about a guy that's doesn't care about his stats, just the win and that doesn't care to the dirty job...

where is that guy?

xapatan2
01-29-2009, 08:21 AM
No, He was wrong. If you have a problem with your teammates, you keep it between you and them and in the locker room, you don't run to the media and whine. It was a bitch move.

It was a charactere move, a sportship move. I disagree

where is that guy?

fucking brilliant and fucking funny.

Well, is that all you have to bring to the table to explain why Noah wouldn't fit to the spurs mentality ?

Fucking weak ! :)

But let's face it, i do not say : "noah is the solution and the only one we need"

I am just trying to be realistic on who we could chase.

Xap'

Hemotivo
01-29-2009, 08:29 AM
:toast

samikeyp
01-29-2009, 09:01 AM
It was a charactere move, a sportship move. I disagree

IMO, It was neither a character move or a sportsmanship move.

If you have a problem with your teammates, you be man enough to talk to them face to face.

mrspurs
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I didnt think he would be able to play in the NBA. His body was to skinny. He proved me wrong. Though Timmy didnt have any problems with him in the paint. Not sure if I would pass or not. When it comes to Bigs, Im not sure even our FO is sure either.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
noahs game so far hasnt translated to the NBA lvl....

LOOK at all the good college players who come to the nba and end up avg or busts.

xapatan2
01-29-2009, 09:49 AM
IMO, It was neither a character move or a sportsmanship move.

If you have a problem with your teammates, you be man enough to talk to them face to face.

I see what you mean and I agree with your statement. But I think Noah has gone public after having talked face to face. You talk "face to face", the response you get makes you understand that the man don't give a shit about your remarks... What do you do ? you don't want to loose your time, you want badly to win and to play within a Team with a big T...

What do you do ? you go public ! you know you will have to handle the situation afterwards but you are sure to make things change...

Xap'

samikeyp
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I see what you mean and I agree with your statement. But I think Noah has gone public after having talked face to face. You talk "face to face", the response you get makes you understand that the man don't give a shit about your remarks... What do you do ? you don't want to loose your time, you want badly to win and to play within a Team with a big T...

What do you do ? you go public ! you know you will have to handle the situation afterwards but you are sure to make things change...

Xap'

Maybe he did talk to his teammates, but maybe he didn't. Either way you don't go public. If he did address his teammates over it and it didn't work, then you go to the coach. If that doesn't work then you play your ass off and make sure you are doing your job and when your contract is up, you go else where. You NEVER bring internal issues to the media or the public. You handle them in house. You NEVER air your dirty laundry.

Jmoney
01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Maybe he did talk to his teammates, but maybe he didn't. Either way you don't go public. If he did address his teammates over it and it didn't work, then you go to the coach. If that doesn't work then you play your ass off and make sure you are doing your job and when your contract is up, you go else where. You NEVER bring internal issues to the media or the public. You handle them in house. You NEVER air your dirty laundry.

Or you pull a Joe Torre leave the team wait a bit publish a book...

DPG21920
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Noah would help the Spurs imo. I do not care what he did, he is young and still has time to learn. Spurs fans can't keep acting like all the Spurs are saints and never do anything wrong. We are blessed to have such a great group of guys, but that does not make everyone else bad people.

He would help, he could learn, but there is no way to get him unless we are willing to take on a bad contract along with it.

SenorSpur
01-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Noah's growth and development has been stunted in that organization. One could argue that he should be further along by now and perhaps should have spent more time in the summer honing his game. However with the right level of coaching and instruction, he could be a productive big for the right team.

samikeyp
01-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Or you pull a Joe Torre leave the team wait a bit publish a book...

:lol or that!

DPG21920
01-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Players and coaches air out their "dirty laundry" all the time. Pop, Phil Jackson always use the media and call their teams soft. Players (Noah, Alston, Artest...) say their team is not hustling or sharing the ball. It is not that uncommon and it is a good thing sometimes.

samikeyp
01-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Players and coaches air out their "dirty laundry" all the time. Pop, Phil Jackson always use the media and call their teams soft. Players (Noah, Alston, Artest...) say their team is not hustling or sharing the ball. It is not that uncommon and it is a good thing sometimes.

True but I still think its unnecessary, especially when a player bitches about not getting the ball enough. Its common and I get that, I just don't agree with the tactic and I never think its a good thing.

Agloco
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Who are you people?

We are who we thought we were. :rollin

bigfan
01-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Noah is a douchebag. I remember his interview when he was drafted and all he could talk about was his sense of "style" or whatever. Fuck him.

m33p0
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
why noah? if he pulls that stunt he did on the spurs, pop will chew him up and spit him out like cheap tobacco.

tav1
01-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I was talking about this with someone elsewhere--a person who is fairly close to the Bulls situation--and he said that the Bulls might entertain including Noah in a package with Noce to unload his contract. Even then, they'd likely ask for things the Spurs couldn't give, but I trust his sense of the situation. But from what he said, Noah is not a complete impossibility. It's highly unlikely that the Spurs could even get in on Noah trade conversation.

DPG21920
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
He would help, he could learn, but there is no way to get him unless we are willing to take on a bad contract along with it.

I was talking about this with someone elsewhere--a person who is fairly close to the Bulls situation--and he said that the Bulls might entertain including Noah in a package with Noce to unload his contract. . It's highly unlikely that the Spurs could even get in on Noah trade conversation.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Jmoney.

Check.

Jmoney
01-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Noah just seems an easier push than say Camby or David Lee etc who's large contracts will make it impossible for us to go after unless we either trade alot of players which I know Pop is loathe to do or restructure Timmy's contract more which I could see but I just don't see it at this stage. The window we have to win titles is closing and I'm sorry 2010 is not going to be a big deal for us here in Spurs land I can't see any of the big market guys saying you know what I want to go to Spurs instead of New York Chicago etc. With that said we need a big man NOW. Come playoffs we aren't going to be getting past teams like LA, NO, or Houston without somebody else with Duncan in the middle. The pickup of Kurt Thomas while good for the suns last year is not a long term solution and I like Bonner but come on do you really think in a series he matches up with Yao/Scola or Gasol/Bynum or West/Chandler?

EJK5032
01-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Noah sucks. Next dumb idea.

bdictjames
01-30-2009, 06:02 PM
The guy is undersized, and Im not sure if he can jump very well.

If we give a couple of players like Vaughn and Udoka, I'd do it. But anything more, no.

But I admit, I think he'd be a good Spur. He's just frustrated at Chicago because its a losing team.

purist
01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Noah=d bag

Yorae
01-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I'd rather bring one of our d-leaguer than him.

Jmoney
01-31-2009, 02:22 PM
In going with my Noah theme.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=846~1981~356~3224~125~194~3461&teams=12~12~12~24~4~4~24&te=&cash= (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=846%7E1981%7E356%7E3224%7E125% 7E194%7E3461&teams=12%7E12%7E12%7E24%7E4%7E4%7E24&te=&cash=).

Now to understand this trade lets look at the gossip.

1.Baron Davis is unhappy playing in this market and really in this system he is not going to flourish.

2.Chicago has been looking for ways that it can dump a few contracts and find a way to trade other guys. Here's there chance. They get Baron Davis who can groom rose as well as slide over to the sg slot if they want to now trade Gordon. They also get big defensive presence with Camby. Who also comes off the books in 2010. This also gives them the ability to actually keep Tyrus Thomas at PF instead of rotating him at center with gray/Noah. So now they can decide what to do with the Gooden/Tyrus situation and which way they want to go. Now they a starting roster of Rose/Davis/Deng/Gooden/Camby. You have Tyrus and Ben Gordon to offer in a deal down the line for the future if you like plus still giving you cap room in 2010. Plus Kurt comes in and comes off the books in 2010 as well.

3. LA gets it's wish it gets rid of Camby and Baron Davis. It gives them hinrich who fits better with who they have and Hughes who comes off the books in 2010. Now you have point guard that will distrubte to Thornton/Hughes/Camen/Randolph.

4. Spurs while losing the vet Kurt Thomas gains a young c/pf who wants to win. While he isn't a great scoring presence *lets face it his shot sucks* He brings a great rebounding presence and good shot blocking ability that would only get better in our system with Duncan to help him. We also get a young pg who's D actually looks good when he's on the floor that we can use for a 3rd rotation and also replace vaughn.

Argue away :P

benefactor
01-31-2009, 02:59 PM
No need to argue away...it would be easier and less time consuming for you to just go away.