PDA

View Full Version : Tpups roll over and play dead again

ShoogarBear
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Warriors start the 4th quarter 16-2 and are up on Minny 84-75, at the Target Center.

Looks like the status quo is back in Minnesota.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-02-2005, 10:03 PM
This season is a good demonstration of why KG should never be mentioned in the same breathe as Tim Duncan.

SequSpur
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
NBA Forum

RobinsontoDuncan
03-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Sequ get a life you're gay forum.

Experiment2100
03-02-2005, 10:42 PM
why do you have to insult our only gay poster, give you a hint, it's not sequ.

Spurminator
03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Unbelieveable.

PM5K
03-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I can't understand why Minnesota did not make any moves before the deadline, they needed to make them more than anyone, and how can you replace a decent coach with a guy that's never coached? An assistant should have stepped up or they should have quickly hired a replacement....

And Kevin Garnett is the fucking truth, I don't put any of this on him and if you do you don't know shit....

28/13/2 13-18 FG

NUFF SAID

Spurminator
03-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Meh, Shareef Abdur Rahim had some nice numbers for Lotto teams too. To not put ANY of this on KG is short sighted.

GoldToe
03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I think they have talent and just need a good coach and Flip was it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Fuck off PM5K.

If KG were even a "Half Truth", he wouldn't be "leading" his team to a .500 record. Leadership/franchise player my ass, he's a damn joke.

Jdspur20
03-02-2005, 11:13 PM
This season is a good demonstration of why KG should never be mentioned in the same breathe as Tim Duncan.

amen to that!

Rummpd
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Checkmate.

Warlord23
03-02-2005, 11:22 PM
"7 first round exits and counting" forum

Spurminator
03-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Mavs are getting whipped pretty bad too... Bizarro Night in the NBA. Glad the Spurs didn't catch the bug.

exstatic
03-02-2005, 11:53 PM
And Kevin Garnett is the fucking truth, I don't put any of this on him and if you do you don't know shit....

He's coasting this year, and just dropping numbers on his raw talent alone. Nowhere to be seen this year is the ferocious point of their zone defense. He's playing Mavs-style defense this year: save your energy and then go score. That won't get it done as a franchise player. I know they have other problems, but as THE MAN, it's his responsibility to step UP, and set the tone.

sungo99
03-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Fuck off PM5K.

If KG were even a "Half Truth", he wouldn't be "leading" his team to a .500 record. Leadership/franchise player my ass, he's a damn joke.

Yer dumb.

kskonn
03-03-2005, 12:01 AM
He's coasting this year, and just dropping numbers on his raw talent alone. Nowhere to be seen this year is the ferocious point of their zone defense. He's playing Mavs-style defense this year: save your energy and then go score. That won't get it done as a franchise player. I know they have other problems, but as THE MAN, it's his responsibility to step UP, and set the tone.

yea agreed. as the old saying goes, shit rolls down Hill. In that franchise KG is the top of that Hill.

milkyway21
03-03-2005, 01:29 AM
among the top players of today, there's ONLY two who had proven they can make a difference to any team or any group of players & that's Duncan & ShaQ

Duncan w/ almost diff. backups each year but the Spurs are always on top of the WC, if not won a title. Let it be AJ, Daniels, or TP.

Shaq-w/ Lakers 3 rings, w/ Miami, now they are on top of EC.

KG has proven nothing. Minny are still outside the magic 8 of the WC, & that's scary.

a lot of those they call "prized possessions" get traded this year :

TMac to Houston-no major impact
Shaq to Miami
Vinsanity to NJersey-no major impact
CWebber to Philly-just won 1 game since the major trade

who do you think is next?

how about KG? shld his team trade him next season? I think KG would fit in in LA or maybe, NY(Marbury, watch out).

T Park
03-03-2005, 01:38 AM
I can see firing Flip Saunders made alot of difference.

Hey Mchale, your problem aint Flip, its Sprewell, Cassell, Hudson.....

Its peanut head galore Mchale, and your main man is a total chicken shit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Yer dumb.

You're right, what was I thinking? It's the sign of a true MVP player when he can have his team below .500 after the All-Star break.

Good call on that one.

smeagol
03-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey, why don't we trade Sprewel for Manu?

Just Win Baby!

xcoriate
03-03-2005, 08:41 AM
smeagol thats not funny [/end patronising tone]

Jimcs50
03-03-2005, 09:20 AM
"7 first round exits and counting" forum

They won 2 series last year.

Minn has been horrible at home with a 16-14 record.

They have been great on the road against Western playoff teams, but at home, their fans have seen poor play all year long. I think it all started with Cassell and Sprewell's whining about money in the preseason, their teammates knew that their so-called leaders were mainly looking out for #1, instead of the unit.

sickdsm
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
This is rediculous. Come on guys, its obvious KG has been playing with a bad leg. Jim, you have Leaguepass, don't you? You've obviously seen that. Just jumping for a simple rebound sometimes his knee buckles on him coming down. He ain't right.

Flip was and always will be a horrible coach. In a league full of overpaid babies you need a guardian and he wasn't one of them. I'm much rather see Mo Cheeks than Saunders. Theres a reason they had to pull him out of the CBA. I was vactioning when the trade deadline passed. Straining my neck trying to hear what deals the wolves had did. Searching the back pages of USA today trying to find the 12 trade done. Nope, I was stratching my head too. Surely Baron Davis could have been had for some sort of deal?

Sammy was quoted earlier, before Flip was fired as saying something to the extent of last year it was the big three freelancing their plays and thats why they did so well (to his credit, he's right, it was him pulling up midranges on breaks and secondary breaks, not set plays) and to just allow them time to get into their own rythym again. I think alot of people got disgusted by that comment thinking our coach should be ruling with an iron fist.

Jimcs50
03-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I have stopped watching Minn play lately, they are no longer a threat to the Spurs. I watched them all of last year, rooting for them to lose, but this year, I watch Phoenix, Washington, Seattle and Dallas mainly.

I believe you about KG. It is not his fault that this team is under achieving, KG is a great player, but you need more than one player to win.

boutons
03-03-2005, 10:20 AM
"watch Phoenix, Washington, Seattle and Dallas"

Yep, and I add Grizz, and add Pistons. I only bother with watching Heat if it's a close/losing game.

There's nobody in the EC to worry but the Pistons.

PM5K
03-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah I guess it's got nothing to do with the fact that Cassell and Sprewell combined are scoring ten points per game less than last year, 2.5 assists per game less than last year, 1.5 rebounds less per game than last year, and one steal per game less than last year, and Cassell is shooting 17% lower from the three point line.

I guess somehow that's all Kevin Garnetts fault even though his numbers are virtually identical to last year except that he's scoring two points less and his block shots are down about one but are still at his career average....

Experiment2100
03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Where is wolves00Jackass lately? I am kinda hoping that the Wolves play the Spurs in the first round so he comes back just to get owned some more.

sickdsm
03-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Percantages matter here, not PPG. McHale is trying to push more offense through Spree, sure, hes getting 25 points or so lately but on 25 or so shots. Sammy is this years version of Troy. You never know if he's healthy or not.

smeagol
03-03-2005, 11:10 AM
smeagol thats not funny [/end patronising tone]
Sprewel is a true all star, Manu is a hot dog.

The dude is out of control! Trade his ass!

Just Win Baby!

indianspur
03-03-2005, 11:16 AM
I have stopped watching Minn play lately, they are no longer a threat to the Spurs. I watched them all of last year, rooting for them to lose, but this year, I watch Phoenix, Washington, Seattle and Dallas mainly.

I believe you about KG. It is not his fault that this team is under achieving, KG is a great player, but you need more than one player to win.

True. Minny should just put KG on the injured list and head for lottery this season. No point in risking injury to KG. The way they are playing they cant acheive much. Let Sam and Spree walk and try and woo FAs. Maybe Ray Allen or something like that and try to get a decent PG. This would help improve their fortunes!!

sungo99
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
You're right, what was I thinking? It's the sign of a true MVP player when he can have his team below .500 after the All-Star break.

Good call on that one.

I don't understand this visceral and unjustified hatred towards Garnett. Actually, I can understand the hatred, because that's pure emotion, but I don't get slagging him as a player. As if one player is entirely responsible for his team.

Minnesota's starting lineup is

Garnett
Sprewell
Cassell / Hudson
Ervin Johnson
Trenton Hassell

Not a one of them would start for the Spurs. In fact who on the Wolves would even get PT with the Spurs? Cassell (if healthy) or Hudson would play over Beno. Szczerbiak would play over Barry. Hoiberg would play a bit. And Johnson might get Massenburg's minutes. That's it. But, yeah, that has nothing to do with why the Spurs are 15-20 games ahead of the Wolves, it's all because Garnett isn't a "true MVP." What the fuck ever.

Yer dumb.

Jimcs50
03-03-2005, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

The eight seed is still within reach you Spursies

I actually want LA to get it rather than Minn. I think SA sweeps LA and beats Minn in 5.

Spurminator
03-03-2005, 02:55 PM
I agree that you can't necessarily FAULT Garnett for their slide this year after last year... mainly because last year's success was predicated on the fact that Cassell had quite possibly the best season of any NBA guard last year and Sprewell also overachieved. Had both of those two played at their normal levels last year, it probably would have been another typical Wolves season. Maybe Sam Cassell was really the 2004 MVP, and not KG?

This year, they are woefully underachieving. The reason KG gets so much of the criticism is probably because he got so much of the credit last year. That comes with being an elite player. And it's not very common to see an elite player struggle to make the Playoffs, no matter what's going on around him.

boutons
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
"I actually want LA to get it rather than Minn. I think SA sweeps LA and beats Minn in 5."

TWolves sneak into 8th or be "gone fishin".

I can't see MIN stealin in above 8th. They're already 4.5 GB of 7th seed Grizz, with just 24 games left.

ducks
03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
this offseason kg ask out?

Jdspur20
03-03-2005, 03:44 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

The eight seed is still within reach you Spursies

:drunk + :smokin = Wolves009

td4mvp21
03-03-2005, 06:14 PM
I think Denver has a chance to steal the eighth seed. George Karl is a very good coach and the team seems to be doing well with him.

sickdsm
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
True. Minny should just put KG on the injured list and head for lottery this season. No point in risking injury to KG. The way they are playing they cant acheive much. Let Sam and Spree walk and try and woo FAs. Maybe Ray Allen or something like that and try to get a decent PG. This would help improve their fortunes!!

Minnesota will get nearly $20 million off the books with Earv and Spree next year. Unfortunately thats not good enough for the 4th highest payroll. I was hoping a trade would have been done more in the case to free up cap room.

I think Karl is overated, he reminds me of Flip alot. But any coach that sits Carmelo's loser ass down is good with me.

boutons
03-03-2005, 08:10 PM
nug, wolves, lakers slug it out for 8th.

Not very probable that the Griz, or any team above Griz, would drop below 7th, nor Clips come up from 11th.

Can we assume that teams to occupy any seed 1 - 7 are set now? My guess is yes.

ShoogarBear
03-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Sprewel is a true all star, Manu is a hot dog.

The dude is out of control! Trade his ass!

Just Win Baby!

:lol

Pretty good. I actually had to scroll back up and check the name before I realized it was you.