PDA

View Full Version : Three simple words: Final. Fantasy. XIII.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2009, 04:31 AM
Or, more accurately, two words and a Roman numeral. It doesn't matter.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/

It looks incredible.

Mister Sinister
01-29-2009, 01:43 PM
360!

Fermixalot
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
It looks fucking amazing! SE has always been tops when it comes to cutscenes and graphics so that was never a worry but the battles look awesome as well.

I personally would like to see a video of the controls in battle. Any details about the battle system would be nice actually.

E20
01-31-2009, 01:31 PM
From the screens it sort of reminds me of VII, because they have a black dude and a character that looks like Cait Sith. Plus an enviornment that looked like an old broken down Shinra plant.

Shaolin-Style
01-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Too bad it's rumored to not be in the US until 2010.

Cry Havoc
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
It looks fucking amazing! SE has always been tops when it comes to cutscenes and graphics so that was never a worry but the battles look awesome as well.

I personally would like to see a video of the controls in battle. Any details about the battle system would be nice actually.

I hope they evolve that a lot more. I think Xenogears was probably the best battle system of any Square RPG. Sad that the genre didn't evolve more towards intense, time-driven battles that rely on the speed and response abilities of the user, rather than casting set commands to exploit a pre-known weakness about an enemy. It gets old. I may not even buy the game if it's going to consist of essentially the same battle mechanics used since Final Fantasy ONE, more than 20 years ago.

Time for the RPG to evolve.

Fermixalot
02-03-2009, 03:41 AM
I hope they evolve that a lot more. I think Xenogears was probably the best battle system of any Square RPG. Sad that the genre didn't evolve more towards intense, time-driven battles that rely on the speed and response abilities of the user, rather than casting set commands to exploit a pre-known weakness about an enemy. It gets old. I may not even buy the game if it's going to consist of essentially the same battle mechanics used since Final Fantasy ONE, more than 20 years ago.

Time for the RPG to evolve.

Xenogears did have a great battle system, though I haven't been able to play it all the way through sadly. I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy, so I'm instinctively forced to buy each new installment but I haven't been disappointed by any of them.

Honestly I think the battle system in Star Ocean Till the End of Time is leaps and bounds better than the one in FFXII, though the gambit system did have its good parts.