PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton Insists She's Not Stupid

mrsmaalox
01-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Paris Hilton Insists She's Not Stupid

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20255502,00.html?xid=rss-yahooheadlines

Paris Hilton says she sometimes acts dumb on television to get laughs, but in real life she's "a strong person" who's been through a lot.

Appearing on the British morning show GMTV to launch her new reality show Paris Hilton's British Best Friend, Hilton, 27, said she cultivated her dumb blonde image for her hit FOX reality show The Simple Life, costarring Nicole Richie, and it became her schtick.

"For five seasons I was stuck doing this character," she says. "It was kind of hard always having to play that character when it's not who I am."

She adds, "I just say jokes but they think I'm serious, which I think is funny, and I think I kind of play up the image sometimes because – whatever – it's just entertainment."

In her British show, 12 young hopefuls battle it out to be crowned her official "British best friend." In real life, Hilton says her fame makes it hard to find close, trustworthy friends.

"It's difficult because you never know what people's intentions are, and I think a lot of girls have become my friend for the wrong reasons and used me," Hilton says. "I didn't realize it but now, throughout the years, I'm realizing who those kind of people are."

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
I insist that she is stupid.

ORION
01-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I insist that she is stupid.

she has yet to unlock her true potential.

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 09:58 AM

I think she did that with a prison gaurd last year.

ORION
01-29-2009, 10:02 AM
I think she did that with a prison gaurd last year.

I bet if she practiced she could suck dick so good you'd have to pull the sheets out of your ass

samikeyp
01-29-2009, 10:03 AM
If she is just acting dumb....she deserves an Oscar.

mrsmaalox
01-29-2009, 10:04 AM
You guys are just crude! Remember, she was a virgin in that sex tape.

ATRAIN
01-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Looks like Maalox and Hilton have the same problem.

Dr. Gonzo
01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
If I had that kind of scratch I wouldn't give a shit if anyone thought I was stupid.

desflood
01-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Maybe she's a better actress than everybody thought.

Nah.

ATRAIN
01-29-2009, 10:30 AM

If anyone should make a sex tape when they lose their virginity it should be tw, because no oen will believe him when it finally happens.

florige

:lol

ATRAIN
If I had that kind of scratch I wouldn't give a shit if anyone thought I was stupid.

+1

MannyIsGod
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't think she's stupid at all. I think she knows its in her interests to act stupid. If I had to put her up against half the posters in this forum, I'd probably take her.

florige
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM

I thought that old man decided not to give her anything?

tlongII
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd hit it.

Dr. Gonzo
01-29-2009, 10:35 AM

I'm sure she is still loaded. She gets paid for going to clubs, her perfume, her show, etc.

She has more money than I do, that's for damn sure.

mrsmaalox
01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Looks like Maalox and Hilton have the same problem.

Well what am I supposed to do? Act smart?! :dizzy

florige
01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm sure she is still loaded. She gets paid for going to clubs, her perfume, her show, etc.

She has more money than I do, that's for damn sure.

Me too for that matter.

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM

I saw no blood.

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM

I'd hit it.

The old man?

DarkReign
01-29-2009, 10:56 AM
...but in real life she's "a strong person" who's been through a lot.

Stopped reading right there. Oh yeah, been through a lot. Touch being a trust-fund baby, I am soooo totally sure, right?

Shes emboides everything thats wrong with this country. Work for nothing, have zero talent, be famous!. Thats her "job".....being famous.

1Parker1
01-29-2009, 10:56 AM
She's made herself famouse for being a...socialite. And she's gotten herself record deals, her own reality shows, and clothing line all out of being a blond ditz, with seemingly no talent.

She's a smart businesswoman, I'll give her that. I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out how America is so obsessed with her and why she's so famous.

DarkReign
01-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out how America is so obsessed with her and why she's so famous.

Celebrity Worship > Everything Else in America.

Every publication of report could be shutdown tomorrow and the only ones left selling millions of copies would be US Weekly, People and whatever teeny-bop bullshit sells Jonas Brothers' popularity and musical talent as genuine.

More Americans know how many kids Brad and Angelina have than how many Clinton has. Or even better, they can do the "7 degree" game with just about any well known actor, but couldnt tell you who is 3rd in line for the Presidency, or who the Chairman of the Fed is.

Filling your mind with worthless knowledge only useful over watercoolers and hair salons is an American tradition it seems. The Church of Celebrity is by far the most appealing to envious Americans slogging through their lives whilst seeing others dance through theirs.

florige
01-29-2009, 11:05 AM
She's made herself famouse for being a...socialite. And she's gotten herself record deals, her own reality shows, and clothing line all out of being a blond ditz, with seemingly no talent.

She's a smart businesswoman, I'll give her that. I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out how America is so obsessed with her and why she's so famous.

Thats one if those things that she made out on because she was the first person to actually do that. Kim Kardasian tried to follow suit but it didn't work as well.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Paris isn't stupid. The people that have managed to fuel the demand for her particular brand of bullshit are the ones whose IQs I question.

No, she's just a greedy attention whore apparently willing to publicly portray herself as something else in the name of publicity and money and then turn around and bitch about how unfortunate that is. I'd be less insulted if someone called me stupid.

Slomo
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM

If she was a virgin....she deserves a second Oscar.

Oh, and you'd be surprise how popular she's over here. Even her shitty song sold fairly well in Europe... :bang

florige
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM

Oh, and you'd be surprise how popular she's over here. Even her shitty song sold fairly well in Europe... :bang

No way man!?:lol

Richard Cranium
01-29-2009, 12:18 PM
She'll be party hopping for years to come.

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Was Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time" a big hit over there?

Slomo
01-29-2009, 12:25 PM
No way man!?:lol

I think it went gold in a couple of countries :depressed

Was Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time" a big hit over there?

I don't know this song so I'm guessing no.

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't know this song so I'm guessing no.

No way!

bDbpzjbXUZI

Slomo
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
No way!

bDbpzjbXUZI

:lmao

I guess we dodged that one.

florige
01-29-2009, 12:38 PM
No way!

bDbpzjbXUZI

:lmao PW don't lie, you know you have that freakin song in your iPod album.
Atrain says that he jams to it on the weekends in his Tahoe on the way to the club.

peewee's lovechild
01-29-2009, 12:41 PM
:lmao PW don't lie, you know you have that freakin song in your iPod album.
Atrain says that he jams to it on the weekends in his Tahoe on the way to the club.

I used to use it to pump me up when I would hit the club.

With that song in your head, you're bound to get all sorts of tail.

CuckingFunt
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't mind celebrity (though I do think our obsession with it has really gone overboard in the last decade or so) as long as the people are famous for actually doing something. Be an actor --> get film roles --> become famous. That progression makes sense to me. But the Paris Hilton model of become famous --> get film roles and recording contracts --> call yourself an actor/singer just doesn't add up.

S_A_Longhorn
01-29-2009, 04:12 PM

Didn't you see her sex video? That will forever be her "potential".

ShoogarBear
01-29-2009, 05:35 PM

If she hadn't released the sex tape, she wouldn't be that famous.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
And don't be dissin' Party All The Time. :madrun

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Paris isn't stupid. The people that have managed to fuel the demand for her particular brand of bullshit are the ones whose IQs I question.

I read that Vegas clubs would pay her anywhere from $60K to $250K to show up and party at their club either on a big party night like New Years or when they were trying to draw in the media for an opening or some new campaign.

I think she's freaking brilliant. She's an extremely well paid attention whore.

florige
01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
If she hadn't released the sex tape, she wouldn't be that famous.

Was she heard of any before she came out with that tape?