PDA

View Full Version : Frost Nixon

MannyIsGod
01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Pretty damn good. I think the beginning starts off really slow, but it really starts to kick off in the middle and builds pretty strong. I thought that Nixon was played exceptionally well. I don't know how well Frosts' character stands up to the real Frost but I think he was played really well in the sense that the stress he was under and how uncomfortable and lost he seemed at times was emphasized.

Not as good as Milk, IMO, but pretty damn good.

Twisted_Dawg
01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Very good movie. Not as good as Slum Dog, but still very good. I have not seen Milk. I did see Benjamin Button and thought it was a marginal at best and a cheap attempt at trying a Forrest Gump.

Spurminator
01-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Damn, somebody is on an Oscar movie binge. :lol

I've been meaning to catch up but right now I'm working my way through the entire Six Feet Under series and any free time I have is devoted to that.

MannyIsGod
01-29-2009, 11:50 AM

I've been meaning to catch up but right now I'm working my way through the entire Six Feet Under series and any free time I have is devoted to that.

I need to start on that and The Sopranos but there are a lot of good movies right now so TV series have taken a bit of a back burner.

I have not seen Benjamin Button because I can find absolutely nothing enticing about that movie. I'll probably see it eventually but I just am not very interested.

ClingingMars
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
BB sucked.

-Mars

Tony Sinclair
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Frost/Nixon was very well done. Excellent.

CuckingFunt
01-29-2009, 02:47 PM

I love that show. I've been trying to decide whether or not I can justify taking the time to watch the whole thing over again. Maybe this summer.

Spurminator
01-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I have not seen Benjamin Button because I can find absolutely nothing enticing about that movie. I'll probably see it eventually but I just am not very interested.

That was the one Oscar movie I've managed to see. And I really wish I had seen another one instead. In fact, I would have rather seen Hotel for Dogs.

Spurminator
01-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I love that show. I've been trying to decide whether or not I can justify taking the time to watch the whole thing over again. Maybe this summer.

Thanks to a couple of Ice Days in Dallas I watched all of Season 3 in the last two days. I'm now finding myself in an existential rut and having the urge to jog a lot.