PDA

View Full Version : Here's a trade that could work!

MarHill
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Since everyone wants to a make trade on this forum. I thought of a trade on my own.

Udoka & Bonner for Channing Frye.

The salaries are close and Channing is a legit 6'10 or 6'11 and he can hit the 12-15 ft jump shot. Also, he's only 25!

I know giving up Bonner would suck....but you have to give up something in order to get something and plus Udoka gets to return home.

:flag:

benefactor
01-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Lateral move...and it might actually make us worse. Add Frye without having to give up a big and we might have something

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
frye so far hasnt done shit

while bonner has...keep the dude if his producing

MarHill
01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Lateral move...and it might actually make us worse. Add Frye without having to give up a big and we might have something

Good point!

But Frye makes 3 million plus and I don't think Portland would let him go without getting something in return.

Even if you wanted to add Vaughn and Oberto....the salaries don't quite match with Frye's.

Agloco
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Since everyone wants to a make trade on this forum. I thought of a trade on my own.

The salaries are close and Channing is a legit 6'10 or 6'11 and he can hit the 12-15 ft jump shot. Also, he's only 25!

I know giving up Bonner would suck....but you have to give up something in order to get something and plus Udoka gets to return home.

I was a big Channing Frye fan when he came out of college. Unfortunately, he's turned out to be a lot softer than most imagined.

Kinda reminds me of Brad Sellers now :wow:(

MarHill
01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
frye so far hasnt done shit

while bonner has...keep the dude if his producing

I would agree..but I know Portland is going to want something in return. If you can get him without giving up Bonner...that will be great!

I just don't think so.

MarHill
01-29-2009, 12:09 PM
I was a big Channing Frye fan when he came out of college. Unfortunately, he's turned out to be a lot softer than most imagined.

Kinda reminds me of Brad Sellers now :wow:(

Maybe so....

But he is a legit 6'10 or 6'11 and can hit the midrange jumper. I feel the Spurs needs someone like that in their system.

For example...Pau Gasol can hit that midrange jumper consistently and which makes LA that more dangerous in the post.

If TD had someone like that beside him...the Spurs would be that much more difficult to beat!!

PDXSpursFan
01-29-2009, 12:17 PM

I like the trade for the Spurs, but I don't see why Portland would do it.

Behrooz24
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Frye is softer than Bonner, no thanks

timvp
01-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Frye is softer than Bonner, no thanks

:tu

mogrovejo
01-29-2009, 01:02 PM
There are lots of C's fans who also want Frye to replace Brown. What's the fascination with this guy?

Frye is what PJ Brown would be if he was a woman.

mrspurs
01-29-2009, 01:48 PM
If he's soft and isnt working out on some other team. Please dont tell the FO.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
MarHill.

Check.

MarHill
01-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Frye does have some skill and can hit the midrange jumper. He may be soft.....but his skill set would be a good fit opposite TD.

For example, imagine if Pau Gasol was on the Spurs? Gasol is soft....but very skilled and can hit the midrange jumper. If teams double teamed TD..he would make them pay!!

I know that Gasol is a much better player than Frye. But Frye is skilled and its a realistic scenario the Spurs could do.

HarlemHeat37
01-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Gasol actually plays D though..he's soft, but he can play above average defense..

Frye's D isn't better than Bonner..he's basically a slightly more athletic player with less range..

Agloco
01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Maybe so....

But he is a legit 6'10 or 6'11 and can hit the midrange jumper. I feel the Spurs needs someone like that in their system.

For example...Pau Gasol can hit that midrange jumper consistently and which makes LA that more dangerous in the post.

If TD had someone like that beside him...the Spurs would be that much more difficult to beat!!

Agreed, but isn't it about defense and rebounding at this point?

I thought that was the clarion call for all of those folks who wanted trades. The Spurs aren't very good this year in categories that are usually their bread and butter.

My question would be: What does Frye offer that Bonner doesn't?

"Potential" doesn't suffice in this situation.

spursncowboys
01-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Could you imagine how good he would be after working under Duncan. The problem with Portland is they have all that talent and no way to build them. He is only in his third year.