PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown praises the Blazers

tlongII
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Blogs/CourtsideBlog.asp?GAME_ID=28868&LEAGUE_CODE=NBA

Larry Brown has never been at a loss for words.

Minutes after Charlotte fell hard to Portland, Bobcats head coach had nothing but praise for the Blazers – a team who now eleven games over .500 and have their eyes set upon a postseason run.

"I'd like to be the Blazers," Larry Brown said when asked how Portland stacks-up out West.

"They have done a marvelous job; they have a good coaching staff. Nate is really special. They quality guys sitting there and you can see the young guys improving. Any time soon they are going to have as good a power forward we have in our league, as good a center we have in our league and as good a two-guard we have in our league – if not know.

"Kevin (Pritchard) has done a wonderful job. I love where they are. I think if you ask any GM in the league, that is as good as any young group in our league.

For Portland, this was more than another win against an injury riddled team.

This was LaMarcus Aldridge playing another All-Star worthy outing. This was Greg Oden posting his team leading fourteenth double-double, easily stringing together some of his best basketball of the season. This was Brandon Roy picking his spots. This was Jerryd Bayless making a mark.

This was just what the Blazers needed knowing what awaits.

"I've said all along that we wanted to find our groove and get with these games at home before the All-Star break," Blazers head coach Nate McMillan offered.

"We've got a big one Saturday against a division rival Utah. They've had our number. Now we have a three game winning streak and I'd like to close out this home stand with another win."

As it stands, Portland has an 8-5 record in January to show for their efforts.

Can they make it 9 wins on Saturday night against the Jazz?

JamStone
01-29-2009, 01:13 PM
That's just Larry Brown being Larry Brown. Working on his next head coaching gig, the Portland Trailblazers. No surprises here.

ElNono
01-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Nate McMillan should be shitting his pants right about now...

z0sa
01-29-2009, 01:48 PM
That's just Larry Brown being Larry Brown. Working on his next head coaching gig, the Portland Trailblazers. No surprises here.

Isn't LB like 75 now?

lil_penny
01-29-2009, 01:51 PM

Lol

mogrovejo
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM

Yeah, at least Michael Curry is a faithful guy, not some fool who does nothing but offer himself to other teams.

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM

well his looking at a larry brown motivation poster, brown is laughing.....when you see it, u shit bricks....