PDA

View Full Version : No suspension for Bynum

tlongII
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3870190

WTF? Can you imagine what they would do if someone messed up Kobe like that?

Bob Lanier
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I can only imagine what the League Office would do if somebody stabbed Pierce in the lung.

picnroll
01-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Imagine if it had been Bowen. Every fan in the league would be clamoring for an execution with Lakers' fans leading the charge.

DrHouse
01-29-2009, 08:12 PM
That's because Bowen has a history of doing dirty things to intentionally injure players.

Bynum does not.

ezau
01-29-2009, 08:21 PM
That's because Bowen has a history of doing dirty things to intentionally injure players.

Bynum does not.

Bynum does not and yet he almost killed a hapless player because he's too lazy top defend

IronMexican
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
I think it was borderline. I do think if this was a player with some history, he would have gotten a game. But, this is Bynum's first offense.

timvp
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Imagine if it had been Bowen. Every fan in the league would be clamoring for an execution with Lakers' fans leading the charge.

hZNwSC_6H90

Bowen gets suspended for getting hit in the junk.

Bynum doesn't get suspended for collapsing a lung via a flagrant foul.

Interesting.

DrHouse
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Bynum does not and yet he almost killed a hapless player because he's too lazy top defend

Ok drama queen. Where was your outrage when Horford nearly paralyzed TJ Ford?

Face it, the only reason you even care is because it's someone on the Lakers and you hate the Lakers with all your heart because the Spurs cannot beat them.

CubanMustGo
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM

Face it, the only reason you even care is because it's someone on the Lakers and you hate the Lakers with all your heart because the Spurs cannot beat them.

The Lakers apologist can't deny Bynum nearly killed this guy so he goes for the deflection.

FromWayDowntown
01-29-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't care if Bynum plays for the Lakers or for the Thunder; the decision in this case is inexplicable to me.

I agree with tlong -- had Emeka Okafor done precisely the same thing to Kobe, I'm guessing he'd be cooling his heels for at least a game or two; and that would have followed after 36 hours or so of Lakers fans screaming for Okafor's permanent exclusion from the league.

I don't care who did it, I want consistency. I don't think that happened here.

DrHouse
01-29-2009, 09:13 PM
You are just now beginning to realize the NBA isn't consistent in their rulings?

Findog
01-29-2009, 09:19 PM

Horford was suspended, as he should've been. When Dirk flagrantly fouled AK47, he got suspended after having his foul upgraded to an F2. Given the precedent that has been established, to what do you ascribe the inconsistency? I don't think it was a malicious play, just reckless. The only thing that bothers me is he got upgraded to an F2 and isn't being suspended like other players in remarkably similar situations.

Findog
01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
You are just now beginning to realize the NBA isn't consistent in their rulings?

It's no less maddening and inexplicable. Especially when players on your favorite team received more punishment for essentially the same offense.

manufor3
01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
house, you keep referring to horford, he got suspended. i cant imagine what you would say if it was kobe and bowen

Pelicans78
01-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Ridiculous by the NBA not suspend Bynum. He was very wreckless and his wrecklessness led to Wallace getting injured. What a joke!

m33p0
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Horford was suspended, as he should've been. When Dirk flagrantly fouled AK47, he got suspended after having his foul upgraded to an F2. Given the precedent that has been established, to what do you ascribe the inconsistency? I don't think it was a malicious play, just reckless. The only thing that bothers me is he got upgraded to an F2 and isn't being suspended like other players in remarkably similar situations.
:tu heck x2:tu

sook
01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Why am i not surprised? After all, he is an LA Laker....

but he was really apologetic,

"That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "If he had a history of that [rough play], I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."

Rogue
01-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Bynum is the bluedog of LA now, suspending him would cause a series of reactions that the league's operators don't want to see. LA is the largest market in the west (next NY to be the 2nd largest market in the league) so the lakers fans contribute more dollars to the league, I mean there wouldn't be two NBA teams living there if LA is not big enough to hold both of them. Kobe is a great player but he has never drawn any love from LA's fans due to his rape, lakers fans root for the lakers but seldom for him even in the game that he scored 81. Lakers fans have cultivated their consistant love for a dominant center since O'Neal swam there, but they have little appetite for a selfish Kobe, that's why they lakers fans were as happy as being kissed by the God when the lakers managed to steal Pau Gasol from memphis. The memphis should have traded Pau Gasol but not to LA, they should have trade him to houston to upgrade their PF which had long been their flaw. the league does want the LA to be a title contender instead of a firstround-falling team like rockets, so they have been trying their best to nutrite the lakers. So there's no wonder the lakers can re-erect their dynasty that soon. they should have started to rebuild their team after their big four fail in the finals to pistons, actually they did but the rebuilding process is so short that we haven't noticed.

That also shows how bad the knicks suck, bad they have shown us some sign that they are gonna bounce back with D'antoni.

DrHouse
01-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Suspending Bynum for 1 game against MIN would not send Laker nation into a frenzy.

If that were the case Kobe would never have gotten suspended for those flying elbows he threw years ago.

jonnybravo
01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Bynum is the bluedog of LA now, suspending him would cause a series of reactions that the league's operators don't want to see. LA is the largest market in the west (next NY to be the 2nd largest market in the league) so the lakers fans contribute more dollars to the league, I mean there wouldn't be two NBA teams living there if LA is not big enough to hold both of them. Kobe is a great player but he has never drawn any love from LA's fans due to his rape, lakers fans root for the lakers but seldom for him even in the game that he scored 81. Lakers fans have cultivated their consistant love for a dominant center since O'Neal swam there, but they have little appetite for a selfish Kobe, that's why they lakers fans were as happy as being kissed by the God when the lakers managed to steal Pau Gasol from memphis. The memphis should have traded Pau Gasol but not to LA, they should have trade him to houston to upgrade their PF which had long been their flaw. the league does want the LA to be a title contender instead of a firstround-falling team like rockets, so they have been trying their best to nutrite the lakers. So there's no wonder the lakers can re-erect their dynasty that soon. they should have started to rebuild their team after their big four fail in the finals to pistons, actually they did but the rebuilding process is so short that we haven't noticed.

That also shows how bad the knicks suck, bad they have shown us some sign that they are gonna bounce back with D'antoni.

Yeah, his #1 jersey sales surely show no one likes the Kobe0ster you stupid fuck.

Allanon
01-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Why am i not surprised? After all, he is an LA Laker....

but he was really apologetic,

"That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "If he had a history of that [rough play], I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."

Thanks for posting that, Bynum's a good kid.

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 12:41 AM

Are you handicapped or just dumb. Oh, and Kobe is the Lakers, and the Lakers are Kobe. Just like Magic was the Lakers when he played.

Rogue
01-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Tomorrow I will drink 1-gallon water in the morning and drive to staples center at noon, piss right in front of the staples center until it is totally swallowed.

I don't think I would be acused or condemned for doing that, and LA cops wouldn't collect enough stuff to charge me in court. As long as they can tolerate Bynum's malicious behaviours.

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Tomorrow I will drink 1-gallon water in the morning and drive to staples center at noon, piss right in front of the staples center until it is totally swallowed.

I don't think I would be acused or condemned for doing that, and LA cops wouldn't collect enough stuff to charge me in court. As long as they can tolerate Bynum's malicious behaviours.

Is this joke poster....because damn.....
"piss right in front of the staples center until it is totally swallowed" WTF

ESL buddy, ESL. I hear ya.....

Findog
01-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Is this joke poster....because damn.....
"piss right in front of the staples center until it is totally swallowed" WTF

ESL buddy, ESL. I hear ya.....

You've got to be the most humorless motherfucker on here...you bitched and whined about the KFC stuff and always piss on people's attempts to joke around.

I bet you complained in school if the teacher didnt assign homework:

"Excuse me Miss, but you forgot to give us our homework assignment!"

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 01:46 AM
You've got to be the most humorless motherfucker on here...you bitched and whined about the KFC stuff and always piss on people's attempts to joke around.

Once again your assessment is spot on. Keep up the good work.

DrHouse
01-30-2009, 01:51 AM

Yo' Rick Rickerts chill the fuck out. Medved is good peoples.

Mav fan humor is difficult for the average human being to understand.

JoeTait75
01-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Charmed life for the LakeShow.

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Yo' Rick Rickerts chill the fuck out. Medved is good peoples.

Mav fan humor is difficult for the average human being to understand.

I appreciate the support....however Findog and I go way back. He's been struggling a lot on this forum. Go easy on him.

anonoftheinternets
01-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Thanks for posting that, Bynum's a good kid.

Yes look at him throw money and flaunt his class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLfZnl4bsI

Findog
01-30-2009, 02:03 AM
I appreciate the support....however Findog and I go way back. He's been struggling a lot on this forum. Go easy on him.

Thanks for taking pity on me. Without you I'd be drowning without benefit of a lifesaver. :rolleyes

Pelicans78

I thought that was Johan Petro

Findog
Once again your assessment is spot on. Keep up the good work.

You have self-awareness. You deserve a cookie.

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 02:06 AM
You have self-awareness. You deserve a cookie.

Like usual, your struggle with mediocrity, however where's your sense of humor. I thought for sure that's what you bring. I bring the dour and the depressing and you're the funny one. Kind of like Gallagher or Carrot Top, oh snap that's Mono.....KFC for life...right....right.....

Rogue
01-30-2009, 02:07 AM

thanks a bunch, Findog.

lighten up, remember what I posted:

"canada's government needs to adjust their policies on immigration before it's too late."

Findog
01-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Like usual, your struggle with mediocrity, however where's your sense of humor. I thought for sure that's what you bring. I bring the dour and the depressing and you're the funny one. Kind of like Gallagher or Carrot Top, oh snap that's Mono.....KFC for life...right....right.....

Look at this edgy motherfucker here! You're a real Bill Hicks or Lenny Bruce, aren't you?????

phyzik
01-30-2009, 02:16 AM
DrHouse is most likely a Mouse troll... the problem is that its too clever for Mouse.... Either way its been proven that House is the "American Version" of KBP. He loves to suck Laker-internet-cock.

I've been drinking and cant remember what else I was going to say about this particular topic, but the fact remains that DrHouse is a big fucking cocksucker.

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 02:31 AM
DrHouse is most likely a Mouse troll... the problem is that its too clever for Mouse.... Either way its been proven that House is the "American Version" of KBP. He loves to suck Laker-internet-cock.

I've been drinking and cant remember what else I was going to say about this particular topic, but the fact remains that DrHouse is a big fucking cocksucker.

Very succinct...keep drinking, I might make sense one day.

Medvedenko
01-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Look at this edgy motherfucker here! You're a real Bill Hicks or Lenny Bruce, aren't you?????

Thanks bromie, I appreciate the kudos and comparisons. See you lates kid.....

Allanon
01-30-2009, 07:28 AM

That looks pretty fun.

Rogue
01-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks bromie, I appreciate the kudos and comparisons. See you lates kid.....
your post makes me laugh my ass off. http://i40.tinypic.com/a2zswg.jpg

"The time to fix our broken immigration system is now… We need stronger enforcement on the border and at the workplace… But for reform to work, we also must respond to what pulls people to America… Where we can reunite families, we should. Where we can bring in more foreign-born workers with the skills our economy needs, we should." -- Barack Obama, Statement on U.S. Senate Floor
May 23, 2007

Sen. Obama, or Mr President, please take a look at his post and deliver you words to Canada's president. Take it seriously, Barack, we won't be as smart as we are today if we live beside a neighbour country which is filled with Mendvendenko-like guys. It's time for US to pay more attention and energy to the northern border.

Supergirl
01-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Srsly, after watching the clip, I think they should have handed out a hefty suspension to Bynum, BECAUSE this kind of thing happens too often and clearly can cause serious injury. It was clearly deliberate - he stuck out his arm, knowing Wallace was coming forward, and even if he didn't "know" he was going to FRACTURE HIS RIBS and PUNCTURE HIS LUNGS he was behaving recklessly and it caused an injury that should never, ever happen in professional sports.
Give me a break. Tweaked ankles when someone lands awkwardly on someone's foot? Knee fracture from bumping knees? That's accidental. Puncturing someone's lung after you deliberately put out your arm? That's reckless, and the NBA should make an example out of Bynum.

I don't believe I've ever seen Bowen do anything that blatant. But other guys have, and they should have been punished too.

21_Blessings
01-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen Bowen do anything that blatant. But other guys have, and they should have been punished too.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ClingingMars
01-30-2009, 03:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

question. Has Bowen ever punctured someone's lung? no.

question. Are you a dumbass Laker troll? yes.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 03:16 PM
question. Has Bowen ever punctured someone's lung? no.

Neither has Bynum.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Neither has Bynum.

Yeah, that rib Bynum crushed did all the puncturing.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM

Nah, there was no puncture, it's a collapsed lung. Happens often when you get the wind really knocked out of you.

The ribs were also fractured, not broken.

That kind of blow is not strong enough to actually break a rib.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Nah, there was no puncture, it's a collapsed lung. Happens often when you get the wind really knocked out of you.

The ribs were also fractured, not broken.

That kind of blow is not strong enough to actually break a rib.

Yeah, every time I wrestled with my bros as a kid I got a collapsed lung. Ditto on the fracture.

:rolleyes my god you're a fucking homer.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, every time I wrestled with my bros as a kid I got a collapsed lung. Ditto on the fracture.

:rolleyes my god you're a fucking homer.

My god you're a fucking dumbass. RIF. These are grown ass men in one-on-one collissions, much different than kids.

Show me a news article that says puncture or broken ribs?

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Karma.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 03:52 PM
My god you're a fucking dumbass. RIF. These are grown ass men in one-on-one collissions, much different than kids.

Show me a news article that says puncture?

Reread my post before you call yourself a dumbass. I gave you it wasn't a puncture, but the fact of the matter remains he has a collapsed fucking lung and a fractured (broken is a synonym to fractured) rib. You CLEARLY said

it's a collapsed lung. Happens often when you get the wind really knocked out of you.

The fact they are grown men only adds to my argument, you do understand that right? Going for a player's weak spot is a pussy move regardless as they're in the air defenseless, but the nonchalant way you spell it off as if it's nothing makes you nothing but a blind fucking homer, period.

BTW, nice calling me a dumbass and getting all butt hurt and defensive when I called you a homer.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Reread my post before you call yourself a dumbass. I gave you it wasn't a puncture, but the fact of the matter remains he has a collapsed fucking lung and a fractured (broken is a synonym to fractured) rib. You CLEARLY said

The fact they are grown men only adds to my argument, you do understand that right? Going for a player's weak spot is a pussy move regardless as they're in the air defenseless, but the nonchalant way you spell it off as if it's nothing makes you nothing but a blind fucking homer, period.

Accidents happen. I didn't say it was a flagrant foul, it was regardless of the intention.

But the way you are trying to make it sound worse than it really was (after calling Bynum SOFT this whole time) is fucking haterism, period.

Soon, I wouldn't be surprised to read that Bynum "cut off Wallace's head and ate it".

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Soon, I wouldn't be surprised to read that Bynum "cut off Wallace's head and ate it".

Nobody would notice it though

z0sa
01-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Accidents happen. I didn't say it was a flagrant foul, it was regardless of the intention.

But the way you are trying to make it sound worse than it really is is fucking haterism, period.

Dude, wrestling even as kids is much more physical than nonintentional fouls in the air .. but when you think about it, how often do you hear about UFC fighters even getting collapsed lungs? Getting the wind knocked out of you doesn't collapse a lung, it was a complication of being in the air defenseless, getting the hit, going to the floor, and the additional fact its a broken (fractured) bone right by his lung. In case you forgot, the ribs are there to protect your vital organs. Not only that, so many different systems are in that midsection of your body, any damage is a lot of damage.

I said he had a punctured lung, you said he didn't, I didn't stick to the subject and try to say he did, I went on to the for sure fact that he has a collapsed lung and a broken rib, rather than stick on the most pointless part of the whole subject material.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Dude, wrestling even as kids is much more physical than nonintentional fouls in the air .. but when you think about it, how often do you hear about UFC fighters even getting collapsed lungs? Getting the wind knocked out of you doesn't collapse a lung, it was a complication of being in the air defenseless, getting the hit, going to the floor, and the additional fact its a broken (fractured) bone right by his lung. In case you forgot, the ribs are there to protect your vital organs.

Gerald Wallace was running full speed, in case you forgot the replay, Bynum didn't see him until the last second.

That kind of blow could definitely knock the wind out of you thereby collapsing your lung. It definitely didn't "puncture his lungs" as you had written.

It was a freak accident, nothing more, nothing less. I agree it was a flagrant foul, but let's not go overboard with the punctures and crushing blows and head eating.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Gerald Wallace was running full speed, in case you forgot the replay, Bynum didn't see him until the last second.

That kind of blow could definitely knock the wind out of you thereby collapsing your lung. It definitely didn't "puncture his lungs" as you had written.

It was a freak accident, nothing more, nothing less.

Bynum didn't see him til the last second? Oh of course, that totally justifies it. Nothing like going for a player while he's in the air just because you didn't see him in time. Let's collapse his lung over a layin ..

you're a homer, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, and a broken rip sure can puncture your lung .. so I'm not off base. Don't stop being a total douche though.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
You know, I'm just gonna say it. The League is totally wrong in not giving Bynum a suspension. Whether it was with intent or not, the foul was purposeful.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
you're a homer, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, and a broken rip sure can puncture your lung .. so I'm not off base. Don't stop being a total douche though.

you're a hater, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, the rib DIDN'T puncture the lung .. so you ARE making shit up. But don't let the facts stop you from being a total douche though.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 04:15 PM
you're a hater, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, the rib DIDN'T puncture the lung .. so you ARE making shit up. But don't let the facts stop you from being a total douche though.

If the blow would have been any harder, it probably would have. Again, not offbase to believe a broken or even fractured rib punctured his lung. The two can go hand in hand very often. Look it up yourself. Especially considering the context, that he does indeed have a collapsed lung.

Surprise surprise! Lakerfan calls me a hater because I disagree. You're the fucking hater.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
If the blow would have been any harder, it probably would have. Again, not offbase to believe a broken or even fractured rib punctured his lung. The two can go hand in hand very often. Look it up yourself.

There is a big difference between Would of, Could of, Should of.... and Reality.

Shit, the Spurs could have won the Championship last year too if Bynum hadn't broken Manu's ankle with a pipe before the WCF.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 04:20 PM
There is a big difference between Would of, Could of, Should of.... and Reality.

Shit, the Spurs could have won the Championship last year too if Bynum hadn't broken Manu's ankle with a pipe before the WCF.

The reality is Bynum made a purposeful foul which caused injury. Whether or not it was with intent to injure is not the question when the foul is for sure purposeful. Fuck the League office who just showed why everyone complains about the refs and the Lakers time after time after time - the League clearly is partial to their biggest TV market.

oh and :rolleyes on the ridiculous WCF mention. Your team could have not lost by 40 in the deciding game of the NBA Finals.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 04:26 PM
The reality is Bynum made a purposeful foul which caused injury. Whether or not it was with intent to injure is not the question when the foul is for sure purposeful. Fuck the League office who just showed why everyone complains about the refs and the Lakers time after time after time - the League clearly is partial to their biggest TV market.

If there was such a conspiracy theory, the Lakers would not have lost to the Bobcats 5 out of 6. Kobe wouldn't have fouled out. Spurs wouldn't have won 4 championships, etc.

No suspension was warranted. It was a freakish foul that only happened due to the speed of Wallace and the size of Bynum.

oh and :rolleyes on the ridiculous WCF mention. Your team could have not lost by 40 in the deciding game of the NBA Finals.

We all know the Spurs lost because Bynum thug'ed out on Manu too, don't try to rewrite history. Lakers lost because Bynum wasn't there to mug Paul Pierce after game 1.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
If there was such a conspiracy theory, the Lakers would not have lost to the Bobcats 5 out of 6. Kobe wouldn't have fouled out. Spurs wouldn't have won 4 championships, etc.

No suspension was warranted. It was a freakish foul that only happened due to the speed of Wallace and the size of Bynum.

We all know the Spurs lost because Bynum thug'ed out on Manu too, don't try to rewrite history.

No conspiracy. Just good business sense. The bigger the TV market, the more they're going to get away with. That simple.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
No conspiracy. Just good business sense. The bigger the TV market, the more they're going to get away with. That simple.

Now what kind of business sense "let" the Spurs win 4 rings? What business sense suspended the star player of the most entertaining team in the NBA during the Playoffs?

Bynum's not dirty, Bynum's not a thug, Bynum's actaully been somewhat "soft".

It was a Flagrant 2 on an uncontrolled play, nothing more, nothing less.

FreeMason
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
I hope someone rips out Bynum's lungs and gives it to the less fortunate in the crowd. Just hand it to somebody and go D back up.

DrHouse
01-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Now what kind of business sense "let" the Spurs win 4 rings? What business sense suspended the star player of the most entertaining team in the NBA during the Playoffs?

Don't waste your breath. The Spur trolls aren't interested in facts or logical reasoning. They will latch onto to anything they can to criticize the Lakers now that their team is over the hill.

TheMACHINE
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM

:lol:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lol

TheMACHINE
01-30-2009, 08:48 PM

Pelicans78
01-30-2009, 09:15 PM
It did puncture his lung. He had a pneumothorax from the broken rib. That's why they placed a chest tube in him. No one usually stays in the hospital for a few days just for broken ribs. They had to keep the chest tube in him for at least 3 days before his lungs recovered.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 10:53 PM
It did puncture his lung. He had a pneumothorax from the broken rib. That's why they placed a chest tube in him. No one usually stays in the hospital for a few days just for broken ribs. They had to keep the chest tube in him for at least 3 days before his lungs recovered.

There was no puncture. It was a "non-displaced" rib fracture. With an actual lung puncture, he'd be in the hospital for weeks, not days.

The lung collapse was due to barotrauma, not puncture.

mystargtr34
01-31-2009, 05:59 AM
I think it should have been a suspension. If Okafor does that to Kobe i think its 3 games at least.

Thats just my opinion.

Im sure Bynum didnt try to break his rib and puncture his lung - but it was reckless/careless. Its obvious he hit him with uneccesary force, so it was absolutely a flagrant.

manufor3
01-31-2009, 10:15 AM
lol at allanon and drhouse. the laker fan iq has dropped within these last few posts

Sportstudi
01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I think it should have been a suspension. If Okafor does that to Kobe i think its 3 games at least.

Thats just my opinion.

Im sure Bynum didnt try to break his rib and puncture his lung - but it was reckless/careless. Its obvious he hit him with uneccesary force, so it was absolutely a flagrant.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sayin' that Bynum wanted to hurt him. I'm sure he didn't want to break his rips and puncture his lung, but it was definitely reckless. IMO, it's a comparable situation with Dirk's foul on AK47. Dirk didn't want to injure him, but it was kinda reckless as well. Thus he got a flagrant 2 with a suspension. It should have been the same judgement with Bynum right now.

Allanon
01-31-2009, 01:19 PM
lol at allanon and drhouse. the laker fan iq has dropped within these last few posts

Just keeping spur fan from changing the facts... rib fracture, and no puncture. lol

DPG21920
01-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Is his lung collapsed? Is that the distinction you are trying to make? You guys have derailed.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 01:42 PM

Reread my post, I'm not going to repeat myself over and over on this one. I denied there's a conspiracy, which is the only way there would be a "let" in your sentence like above, IE "the League 'let' the Spurs win 4 championships." In reality, the League is not that overpowering. They can't stop the ball from going in the basket is the main problem - great teams overcome bad officiating by executing on the court. Now you can plug in the Spurs and why they have 4championships. Despite a partial League bias to their bigger stars and markets, the NBA is still mostly fair. But it's transparent to see that they are definitely pulling for their bigger markets as opposed to others - again, just common business sense. The bigger marketed teams and players are going to attract more viewers, which means more advertisers will want to buy in. If you really think a many billion-dollared business like the NBA and even Basketball period (all the endorsements for non-basketball related shit like King James and Sprite) is going to just let nature runs its course, and not do everything they can do to get the big markets in there, you're a fool.

Not only that, we are in the midst of a rather bad recession. The NBA needs its best markets doing their best right now to keep profits up, so the League favoritism is probably at an all-time high.

A lack of self control is not even a semblance of an excuse ..

z0sa
01-31-2009, 01:45 PM
Just keeping spur fan from changing the facts... rib fracture, and no puncture. lol

"He got taken down, but at least he's not shitting blood." -Lakerfan's view of the facts

Allanon
01-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Reread my post, I'm not going to repeat myself over and over on this one. I denied there's a conspiracy, which is the only way there would be a "let" in your sentence like above, IE "the League 'let' the Spurs win 4 championships." In reality, the League is not that overpowering. They can't stop the ball from going in the basket is the main problem - great teams overcome bad officiating by executing on the court. Now you can plug in the Spurs and why they have 4championships. Despite a partial League bias to their bigger stars and markets, the NBA is still mostly fair. But it's transparent to see that they are definitely pulling for their bigger markets as opposed to others - again, just common business sense. The bigger marketed teams and players are going to attract more viewers, which means more advertisers will want to buy in. If you really think a many billion-dollared business like the NBA and even Basketball period (all the endorsements for non-basketball related shit like King James and Sprite) is going to just let nature runs its course, and not do everything they can do to get the big markets in there, you're a fool.

This is where you are a fool. You specifically name King James...who plays in Cleveland....a tiny ass market. He is the perfect example of nature runnings its course in a small market, ala San Antonio.

Just like the Suns were the darlings of the NBA and the league had a chance to let them off the hook. But no, they suspended Amare and Diaw during the Playoffs against the very rating unfriendly spurs.

Not only that, we are in the midst of a rather bad recession. The NBA needs its best markets doing their best right now to keep profits up, so the League favoritism is probably at an all-time high.

Not at all. The largest market is New York and they still suck. While small market teams like the Cavs and Spurs are #2 in their conference.[/quote]

A lack of self control is not even a semblance of an excuse ..

Intent plays a major portion in suspensions. Lack of self conrol shows no intent, thus no suspension.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 02:16 PM
This is where you are a fool. You specifically name King James...who plays in Cleveland....a tiny ass market. He is the perfect example of nature runnings its course in a small market, ala San Antonio.

Just like the Suns were the darlings of the NBA and the league had a chance to let them off the hook. But no, they suspended Amare and Diaw during the Playoffs against the very rating unfriendly spurs.

I simply named Sprite as non-basketball related - and King James attracts many many more viewers than just Cleveland's. Fail, and don't even try to read between the lines next time :td And don't even try to bring up 2007 NBA Finals. Even casual NBA fans knew the Spurs were going to dismantle the Cavaliers that year.

With the suspensions - off the hook? They clearly, defineably, broke League rules. There was no hook to be off of or get caught on. They were already in the bait box for doing something so boneheaded. Amare's an idiot, that's not David Stern's fault.

This is fucking stupid, I honestly don't even know why I'm replying. Arguing with a Laker homer over how the League is clearly biased towards his team is like throwing rocks at retards. They'll never understand.

Not at all. The largest market is New York and they still suck. While small market teams like the Cavs and Spurs are #2 in their conference.

Cavs = King James = high TV ratings. You don't have to live in Cleveland to wanna watch King James play basketball. I guarantee you if Cleveland makes it against LA this year its among the most watched Finals ever. Even if they meet Spurs or some dark horse team, the ratings will be much higher than 07 - LeBron actually has a team capable of winning it all now, no matter who they face.

About NY, they are actually doing fine considering the last few seasons - dunno what point you're trying to make. And the Spurs? An anomaly you may not ever see again. It is my honest opinion that if the Spurs had LA's tv market, the Spurs would have 5-7 championships right now.

Intent plays a major portion in suspensions. Lack of self conrol shows no intent, thus no suspension.

"I'm guilty of causing collapsing someone's lung, possibly puncturing it, and breaking their rib but I didn't mean to so I shouldn't be punished."

Basically what Bynum must be thinking right now ..

let me make it easier to understandfor you: "I knew what I was going to do could put him on the ground, just didn't know it was going to put him on the ground, break his rib, and collapse his lung."

^^ in any one's view but the douchebags at the LO and Lakerfan, thats a suspension.

Allanon
01-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I simply named Sprite as non-basketball related - and King James attracts many many more viewers than just Cleveland's. Fail, and don't even try to read between the lines next time :td And don't even try to bring up 2007 NBA Finals. Even casual NBA fans knew the Spurs were going to dismantle the Cavaliers that year.

Exactly, and how is this good business sense? You admit that King James brings in viewers, why keep him in a small market? You say the NBA has bias towards the large market teams, why not gift him to New York?

Why bring in two small market teams for the 2007 Finals. Both are bad "business sense" if you're trying to rig the NBA as you have said. Why stop just at suspensions?

With the suspensions - off the hook? They clearly, defineably, broke League rules. There was no hook to be off of or get caught on. They were already in the bait box for doing something so boneheaded. Amare's an idiot, that's not David Stern's fault.

And what clearly, definable rule says Bynum should be suspended?

This is fucking stupid, I honestly don't even know why I'm replying. Arguing with a Laker homer over how the League is clearly biased towards his team is like throwing rocks at retards. They'll never understand.

In the same game that Spur fan says the league is biased towards them, Kobe fouls out for the first time in who knows how long. Great bias for the Bobcats :)

Cavs = King James = high TV ratings. You don't have to live in Cleveland to wanna watch King James play basketball. I guarantee you if Cleveland makes it against LA this year its among the most watched Finals ever. Even if they meet Spurs or some dark horse team, the ratings will be much higher than 07 - LeBron actually has a team capable of winning it all now, no matter who they face.

Sure against LA, the ratings would be through the roof. But against the Spurs? Not at all, it's gonna be like 2007 all over again.

About NY, they are actually doing fine considering the last few seasons - dunno what point you're trying to make. And the Spurs? An anomaly you may not ever see again. It is my honest opinion that if the Spurs had LA's tv market, the Spurs would have 5-7 championships right now.

If the NBA was using "business sense" to manipulate the NBA to its large markets as you claim, New York would not be sucking.

Instead, the NBA "let" the Spurs, one of the smallest market NBA teams, win 4 titles in the last 10 years. This is against your "business sense (it's not a conspiracy)" theory.

"I'm guilty of causing collapsing someone's lung, possibly puncturing it, and breaking their rib but I didn't mean to so I shouldn't be punished."

Basically what Bynum must be thinking right now ..

Nah, he's thinking about how he dominated Al Jefferson last night.

Bob Lanier
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Not at all. The largest market is New York and they still suck.
The Knicks are a playoff team in the East and therefore better than any team in the West.

Allanon
01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
The Knicks are a playoff team in the East and therefore better than any team in the West.

They would be a contender if the NBA "gave" Lebron to them after his first contract was up.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Exactly, and how is this good business sense? You admit that King James brings in viewers, why keep him in a small market? You say the NBA has bias towards the large market teams, why not gift him to New York?

Why bring in two small market teams for the 2007 Finals. Both are bad "business sense" if you're trying to rig the NBA as you have said. Why stop just at suspensions?

How old are you? Have you no idea how the adult world works? I don't have the patience or extra time to explain to you that the draft lottery, IE how LeBron ended up in Cleveland in the first place, works. Additionally, now that he's in Cleveland and revitalizing that franchise, you really think the League can force them to trade him? This is not a communist country, and the League cannot control what each individual franchise does. I honestly think its stupid and underhanded to bring up points you obviously know are of no contention, just to move the subject off of somewhere you're clearly wrong.

Additionally, you ask "Why [would the League] bring in two small market teams for the 2007 NBA Finals." The answer for Spurs I already made, yet you ask the same question again knowing half the answer. Can you not piece this together yourself, or are you so blinded with homer Laker glasses? LeBron was far and away the best player they could have hoped to come out of the East that year. Just because the Finals were not heavily watched, does not mean the League failed in putting a sports icon on the biggest staged. Again, don't even try to read between the lines :td

In the same game that Spur fan says the league is biased towards them, Kobe fouls out for the first time in who knows how long. Great bias for the Bobcats :)

Fail and not even worth answering. Are you to tell me fouls are just not called on players when they foul? THAT would be kin to conspiracy theory. Jesus get yuor facts straight and get on the subject material.

Sure against LA, the ratings would be through the roof. But against the Spurs? Not at all, it's gonna be like 2007 all over again.

If it comes true we'll see. But I completely disagree.

If the NBA was using "business sense" to manipulate the NBA to its large markets as you claim, New York would not be sucking.

Instead, the NBA "let" the Spurs, one of the smallest market NBA teams, win 4 titles in the last 10 years. This is against your "business sense (it's not a conspiracy)" theory.

The NBA cannot control the actual franchises and their boneheaded decision making. Their main ability to influence games if through refereeing and scheduling. I say refereeing with a grain of salt to be taken. The refs come in with things to be looking for which the League office has instructed. This often is where they give teams an advantage - the refs are notified to watch one player more closely for certain things, a la JVG's Yao complaint in 05, and oftentimes that gets a player into foul trouble or puts a team in the bonus early, giving the other team an advantage.

One such event just gave LA a huge bonus - Mason jr's two ticky tack fouls won kobe going over screens last Spurs-LA game, with less than 4 minutes expired in the game. After seeing how well Mason guarded Kobe two weeks earlier (at least compared to many) they tightened up on their calling for that contact going over the screen. Ends up totally throwing off our best roleplayer on both ends and had a lot of effect on that first half.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
They would be a contender if the NBA "gave" Lebron to them after his first contract was up.

Since the NBA can force players to sign a contract somewhere they don't want to :lmao

Dude, your lack of NBA knowledge is frightening

Allanon
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
How old are you? Have you no idea how the adult world works? I don't have the patience or extra time to explain to you that the draft lottery, IE how LeBron ended up in Cleveland in the first place, works. Additionally, now that he's in Cleveland and revitalizing that franchise, you really think the League can force them to trade him? This is not a communist country, and the League cannot control what each individual franchise does. I honestly think its stupid and underhanded to bring up points you obviously know are of no contention, just to move the subject off of somewhere you're clearly wrong.

Exactly. LeBron defies your small market "business sense" theory.

Additionally, you ask "Why [would the League] bring in two small market teams for the 2007 NBA Finals." The answer for Spurs I already made, yet you ask the same question again knowing half the answer. Can you not piece this together yourself, or are you so blinded with homer Laker glasses? LeBron was far and away the best player they could have hoped to come out of the East that year. Just because the Finals were not heavily watched, does not mean the League failed in putting a sports icon on the biggest staged. Again, don't even try to read between the lines :td

Spurs/Cavs were one of the worst rated Finals in history. More "business sense" after the Pistons/Spurs debacle? :D

Fail and not even worth answering. Are you to tell me fouls are just not called on players when they foul? THAT would be kin to conspiracy theory. Jesus get yuor facts straight and get on the subject material.

That would be you saying it makes "business sense" to knowingly give large market teams the upper hand, which I disagree with. Don't peddle your conspiracy theories on me.

Obviously, the Spurs won't meet the Cavs this year, because the NBA is going to "give it to the Lakers". Just like they gave them Pau Gasol and Bynum :D

The NBA cannot control the actual franchises and their boneheaded decision making. Their main ability to influence games if through refereeing and scheduling. I say refereeing with a grain of salt to be taken. The refs come in with things to be looking for which the League office has instructed. This often is where they give teams an advantage - the refs are notified to watch one player more closely for certain things, a la JVG's Yao complaint in 05, and oftentimes that gets a player into foul trouble or puts a team in the bonus early, giving the other team an advantage.

Ah more Spur fan complaints about the refs.

The NBA tells them to look out for the "big market teams" eh? That's why the Spurs won 4 titles, the refs were obviously "notified to watch" all the other teams. That's why small market San Antonio is the winningest franchise in sports during the Duncan era by percentage right?

I like to think the Spurs won because they had Tim Duncan, the greatest power forward ever. But if you like to think they won because the "NBA notified the refs" to watch out for them, sure.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Allanon = thick minded Lakers homer

I denied a conspiracy, which means there's not this whole mindset to fuck the small market teams.

Are you dimwitted?

The more marketable a player and his team are, the more they're going to get away with. That simple. I'm paraphrasing my original post about this subject.

I'm not going to reply to stupid questions you ask, thinking they are rhetorical, when in fact their rhetoricality is based upon your own inaccurate homer beliefs.

DrHouse
01-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Spur fan likes to believe the NBA is conspiring against his small market team and that Stern and the refs are the reason why the Lakers have beaten them year after year in the playoffs.

They will do anything to shift the blame from their own team. It's never that the Spurs lost, it's that Manu was injured, the refs cheated, Stern was against them, etc.

Banzai
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/Ilikewherethisthreadisgoing.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1789)

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
i love it. these threads separate the idiot Laker trolls from the sane ones.

-Mars

Cry Havoc
01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
i love it. these threads separate the idiot Laker trolls from the sane ones.

-Mars

+1 :lol

"I agree that there is no conspiracy. I do feel there is a bias, however." -z0sa

"ZOMG U SPURZ FANZ ONLY SEE KUNSPEERUSY!" - Allanon/House

m33p0
02-01-2009, 12:45 AM
the lakers wish he got suspended.

tlongII
02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Karma is a bitch. :lol

FreeMason
02-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Would he have been suspended this game?

:lmao

m33p0
02-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Would he have been suspended this game?

:lmao
yes. and he wouldn't have been there to cushion kobe's head with his knees.

this is one of 'em forks in the space-time continuum.

ClingingMars
02-01-2009, 01:18 AM
well this is good enough for me :toast

-Mars