Hemotivo
01-29-2009, 11:53 PM
:tu

Ditty
01-29-2009, 11:56 PM
don't like his defense

TMTTRIO
01-30-2009, 12:00 AM
he's alright. I wouldn't say he's been great so far.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Man I Miss The Old Manu!

spursfan09
01-30-2009, 12:35 AM
I love his aggressiveness. He's getting free throws and slowing the game down! I hope I hope I hope he is more consistent.

jag
01-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Manu is playing is ass off tonight...on both ends of the floor.

Ditty
01-30-2009, 01:14 AM
i love u now manu

hes backkkkkkkkkkk

Avitus1
01-30-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm hoping for many more like this.

Chieflion
01-30-2009, 01:18 AM
season high 30 points 18/18 free throws. Great work. Looking towards the next game.

urunobili
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
year after year... after he learns he hasn't been invited tot he allstar game... he wins a huge game on the road for us being the leading scorer... last year in Lebron's house 46 pts IIRC

porscha
01-30-2009, 01:23 AM
whom ever wants to trade manu can shut the fuck up now

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 01:23 AM
the best i've seen Manu, gives me hope. Plus, growing of the hair is encouraging too.

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Loved the aggressiveness. Great game. Vintage Manu.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2009, 01:26 AM
18 fucking free throw attempts..

we NEED this..we aren't winning a title this year unless Manu is Manu..he needs to be our aggressive player, along with TP..we need him to get to the line..of course he won't get there 18 times on a regular basis, but we need him to give us good production in that regard, instead of jacking up 3's..

this is the Manu that can't be replaced for us by any trade..

doldrums
01-30-2009, 01:35 AM
NO turnovers by Manu!!!!!!!

thekingrobert
01-30-2009, 01:36 AM
he said he's taking a couple games off UH OH

m33p0
01-30-2009, 01:39 AM
i hope this game will propel manu into driving to the rim more instead of jacking up three's.
that was the old time spurs we saw: tony and manu pressuring the defense with dribble penetrations. :tu

m33p0
01-30-2009, 01:40 AM
he's talking about the all-star game.

tomtom
01-30-2009, 01:44 AM
his jumper's still off but can't deny his penetration was unbelievable

Ditty
01-30-2009, 01:45 AM

hopefully hell be back by boston then

Austin_Toros
01-30-2009, 01:45 AM
18-18 FT

nice ;)

peskypesky
01-30-2009, 01:47 AM
he played with a ton of energy tonight, so i give him major props

spursfaninla
01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
We don't want him to play like this too often...he can save this kind of aggressiveness for the playoffs.

We need him healthy, and if he is slashing too much it increases the chances he gets hurt.

Dont' get me wrong, I am happy he did so well driving to the hoop... it is good to see he is capable of it.

Crookshanks
01-30-2009, 02:06 AM
I think Manu needed this game as much as anyone. He said in the postgame interview that he feels great - he thinks it's a mental thing right now. So a game like this has to boost his confidence and get him back to the old Manu.

Another thing - we really don't know how long Manu was playing with that ankle pain and how bad it was for him. Suffering an injury like that and then having surgery has to had affected him mentally - and caused him to be a little tentative. Tonight's game was great on so many levels!

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:15 AM
That was hilarious that Manu said he's now going to disappear for the next five or ten games. He has to rival Duncan as the humility leader in the NBA.

Yorae
01-30-2009, 02:16 AM
I hope we're not jinxing him again.

duncan228
01-30-2009, 02:26 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wallpaper_090129_1024.jpg

vander
01-30-2009, 02:33 AM
that was the return of Manu? you guys have pretty low standards, maybe go watch some tape of 05-07 Manu again :bang
he was completely unimpressive tonight, took bad shots and missed them, messed up the rhythm of the offense, threw himself at the hoop and got bailed out by the refs all night.
we'd need a LOT more out of him than that to beat a real team that doesn't hand us the game, but we won't be getting it. trips to the line, one or 2 vintage drives to the hoop, and a couple 3's is the best we can hope for now

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2009, 02:36 AM
damn..I hope vander is being sarcastic..I don't know how much more you can ask for from a guy scoring 30 points and abusing the other team in the lane..

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:37 AM
that was the return of Manu? you guys have pretty low standards, maybe go watch some tape of 05-07 Manu again :bang
he was completely unimpressive tonight, took bad shots and missed them, messed up the rhythm of the offense, threw himself at the hoop and got bailed out by the refs all night.
we'd need a LOT more out of him than that to beat a real team that doesn't hand us the game, but we won't be getting it. trips to the line, one or 2 vintage drives to the hoop, and a couple 3's is the best we can hope for nowIf that's Unimpressive Manu, I'll take him the rest of the season.

vander
01-30-2009, 02:42 AM
If that's Unimpressive Manu, I'll take him the rest of the season.

2nd round exit again good enough for you?

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:47 AM

Spurs wouldn't be getting eliminated if Manu is putting up 30 points on 13 shots and attacking the rim relentless. Not to mention zero turnovers.

amy020
01-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Nice to see Manu back. He looked more aggressive in the game.
And It's duck that started the thread, unbelievable.

DAF86
01-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Nice to see Manu back. He looked more aggressive in the game.
And It's duck that started the thread, unbelievable.

Just like Sequ said "Ducks is kin to people" the thing is he lets the "Tony bashing" by ultra fanatic CoM members get to him and instead of attacking those guys only, he starts bashing Manu.

DAF86
01-30-2009, 03:06 AM
we'd need a LOT more out of him than that to beat a real team that doesn't hand us the game, but we won't be getting it. trips to the line, one or 2 vintage drives to the hoop, and a couple 3's is the best we can hope for now

See, this is the example of a hopeless CoT member.

MB20
01-30-2009, 06:59 AM

What do you expect from Manu? Seriously.
A triple double? Shooting 60% of his 3 pointers? More steals? More rebounds?
This was a great game from our big 3.
I really donīt know what more do you want Manu to do...

If you are talking about consistency, ok, fine. But donīt tell me that his performance was "unimpressive". Shooting 18/18 is impressive.

SouthTexasRancher
01-30-2009, 07:33 AM
whom ever wants to trade manu can shut the fuck up now

Damn Right Porscha....!!!

Pop allowed Manu to talk him into to coming back 2-3 weeks too early. He should have rehabbed it a little longer to stretch the ligaments more so as to get his lift back. But, he looked great last night so hopefully this is a good sign!

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 08:53 AM
i hope this game will propel manu into driving to the rim more instead of jacking up three's.
that was the old time spurs we saw: tony and manu pressuring the defense with dribble penetrations. :tu

During his post-game interview with Craig Sager, Manu even indicated that he realizes he MUST attack the rim more in order to open up the rest of his game and gain confidence.

ducks
01-30-2009, 09:41 AM

During his post-game interview with Craig Sager, Manu even indicated that he realizes he MUST attack the rim more in order to open up the rest of his game and gain confidence.

also said he realizes he has been sucking
playing like this will help spurs win titles

sonic21
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
ducks trying to jinx manu with this thread :nope

jk nice thread

FreeMason
01-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Just wait until the beard is in full effect.

Once he hits Rocky IV mode, shit is going down!

raspsa
01-30-2009, 10:38 AM
I think Manu isn't that impressed with his performance.. he know he can do much better. I'm not complaining but by the high standards I judge Manu (and I believe Manu holds himself to an even higher standard) his performance was acceptable but far from vintage. At the very least, we see him aggresively attacking the rim which we all want him to do more frequently.

it's me
01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
I think Manu isn't that impressed with his performance.. he know he can do much better. I'm not complaining but by the high standards I judge Manu (and I believe Manu holds himself to an even higher standard) his performance was acceptable but far from vintage. At the very least, we see him aggresively attacking the rim which we all want him to do more frequently.

+1

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM

2nd round ? We got knocked out in the WCF with a 1 legged Manu. I think last night was a nice start. Although he took some bad shots, he said in the post game interview that he realizes he needs to take the ball to the rim and stop jacking up the 3's. That's what I wanted to hear.

He didn't finish w/ dunks but I saw a little more explosiveness (as mentioned by Doug Collins) and a real desire to take the ball to the rim. Its a good start towards the right direction. The 30 pts are a little misleading. All those points at the FT line helped the cause quite a bit. If that's how we get them, so be it.

TMTTRIO
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
you got to keep in mind though that Phoenix isn't a very good defensive team so of course Manu's going to be more aggressive. I'm not sold yet that he's back.

DAF86
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
2nd round ? We got knocked out in the WCF with a 1 legged Manu. I think last night was a nice start. Although he took some bad shots, he said in the post game interview that he realizes he needs to take the ball to the rim and stop jacking up the 3's. That's what I wanted to hear.

He didn't finish w/ dunks but I saw a little more explosiveness (as mentioned by Doug Collins) and a real desire to take the ball to the rim. Its a good start towards the right direction. The 30 pts are a little misleading. All those points at the FT line helped the cause quite a bit. If that's how we get them, so be it.

That's legal too you know. To get free throws you have to earn them first by attacking the rim. I'd rather have him atempting free throws than step back three's, is all about %.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Spurs wouldn't be getting eliminated if Manu is putting up 30 points on 13 shots and attacking the rim relentless. Not to mention zero turnovers.

Thank you, Timvp!!

I don't know what game they were watching last night. Wow!!

If Lebron James had attacked the rim against Orlando like Manu did against Phoenix last night...the Cavs would have beaten the Magic.

I guess some people expect perfection from Manu. Yikes!!

I believe last night's game was an excellent step in the right direction from him!!

:flag:

vander
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
What do you expect from Manu? Seriously.
A triple double? Shooting 60% of his 3 pointers? More steals? More rebounds?
This was a great game from our big 3.
I really donīt know what more do you want Manu to do...

If you are talking about consistency, ok, fine. But donīt tell me that his performance was "unimpressive". Shooting 18/18 is impressive.

don't underestimate how much phoenix had to do with those numbers, and when he went to the line, it was usually after a wild drive/layup that had no chance to go in.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
don't underestimate how much phoenix had to do with those numbers, and when he went to the line, it was usually after a wild drive/layup that had no chance to go in.

Well, New Orleans will be a good test for your skepticism. Phoenix is a midlevel/ shitty team now so you do have a point. But he wasn't bailed out by the refs, they were mostly legit calls, and normally the vintage Manu would have had a couple And-1's out of those possessions, but no one can deny Manu knocking down Shaq is the stuff we want to see from him, not relying on step back jumpers on an avg of 10 shots ppg.

it's me
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM

:lmao I said this guy is the funniest MonuhaterTonynutssucker of the forum… he’s proving me right post after post. :toast

roycrikside
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
also said he realizes he has been sucking
playing like this will help spurs win titles

Funny, I watched the same interview and I never heard him use the word "sucking." I guess you watched a different feed than I did.

Also, I think it's hilarious that prior to the game, a "sucky" Manu was 16th in the NBA in PER at 21.65, higher than KG, Granger, Gasol, Carter, Stoudemire, Nelson, Millsap, Billups, Durant, Bynum, etc. and everyone wants him traded for basically nothing.

Tony who's having a career season was 14th, at 22.05.

After the Suns game Manu is 14th, at 22.47 (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics), Tony is 16th, 22.24. The guy is 14th in the whole league in PER and the CoT wants him traded because he's sucking. Unreal.

:lol:lol

Borosai
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.imagehut.net/images/4ibsil7fgf8eozuqrpph.jpg

vander
01-30-2009, 01:53 PM
:lmao I said this guy is the funniest MonuhaterTonynutssucker of the forum… he’s proving me right post after post. :toast

find some of my tonynutssucker posts
:toast
your hero is downside of his career, his stock is falling and we need to sell before we can't get anything for it

hater
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
he was playing vs. Phoenix defense for christsake.

He will be officially back when he has a game like this vs. Lakers/Celtics/Hornets/Magic

EricB
01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
find some of my tonynutssucker posts
your hero is downside of his career, his stock is falling and we need to sell before we can't get anything for it

Trade one of the clutchest players in the league and the clutchest on the team.

Genius :tu

vander
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Funny, I watched the same interview and I never heard him use the word "sucking." I guess you watched a different feed than I did.

Also, I think it's hilarious that prior to the game, a "sucky" Manu was 16th in the NBA in PER at 21.65, higher than KG, Granger, Gasol, Carter, Stoudemire, Nelson, Millsap, Billups, Durant, Bynum, etc. and everyone wants him traded for basically nothing.

Tony who's having a career season was 14th, at 22.05.

After the Suns game Manu is 14th, at 22.47 (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics), Tony is 16th, 22.24. The guy is 14th in the whole league in PER and the CoT wants him traded because he's sucking. Unreal.

:lol:lol

:lol @ the sudden importance of PER
and he's not sucking he's aging, and his style of play doesn't age well, he needs all that athleticism that's been slowly slipping away

MarHill
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM

He will be officially back when he has a game like this vs. Lakers/Celtics/Hornets/Magic

I don't care if it was the Minnesota Timberwolves or LA Clippers he played against...it was a good sign to see Manu attack the basket like that.

The fact it was the Phoenix Suns on a nationally televised game the Suns players admitted to the local media they wanted to win this game...makes even better.

It isn't a playoff game...but consider the fact Manu had major surgery for the first time in his career in the offseason and he didn't have training camp.....last night's play hopefully will bode well for the rest of the season.

It deserves credit for now and let see if he can continue it!

vander
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Trade one of the clutchest players in the league and the clutchest on the team.

Genius :tu

yep, nothing ever changes, let's go sign George Gervin, we could use a 30ppg scorer

it's me
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM
yep, nothing ever changes, let's go sign George Gervin, we could use a 30ppg scorer

Post after post :toast

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
:lol @ the sudden importance of PER
and he's not sucking he's aging, and his style of play doesn't age well, he needs all that athleticism that's been slowly slipping away

You're the only Spurs fan who seems to be reveling in the aspect or the very idea of Manu's eventual "decline." You certainly have surpassed Ducks in bashing an important member of our team, at least he's irrationally jealous of the gushing homerism at times. You're just a schadenfraude douchebag.

Spurs Brazil
01-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Great game for Manu. I hope this game give him the confidence he wants

vander
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
You're the only Spurs fan who seems to be reveling in the aspect or the very idea of Manu's eventual "decline." You certainly have surpassed Ducks in bashing an important member of our team, at least he's irrationally jealous of the gushing homerism at times. You're just a schadenfraude douchebag.

no, I like Championships and the business/management aspect of building a successful basketball team.
and one easy way to keep your team at the top is to recognize a player's decline before others do, and get value for him while you can.
The NBA is a business of winning, and getting something (picks or young assets) for Manu will translate to more wins in the future, we're not going to win a title with this team, so it's time to do a little on-the-fly rebuilding.
if we could get a legit young PF or C for Manu, we would remain championship contenders for the rest of Duncan's career. Mason/Bowen/Fin could hold down the 2/3 just fine for the rest of this year and we could pick up another 3 in the off season if need be.

or we could wait until next year, and manu's expiring contract will be in demand as teams try to make room for the much-hyped Summer of 09.
because going into the summer of 09 ready to overspend on some free agent just like everyone else is bad strategy, and I don't think that's what the Spurs plan to do. we've got to zig when the ignorant masses zag, beat the market.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
no, I like Championships and the business/management aspect of building a successful basketball team.
and one easy way to keep your team at the top is to recognize a player's decline before others do, and get value for him while you can.
The NBA is a business of winning, and getting something (picks or young assets) for Manu will translate to more wins in the future, we're not going to win a title with this team, so it's time to do a little on-the-fly rebuilding.
if we could get a legit young PF or C for Manu, we would remain championship contenders for the rest of Duncan's career. Mason/Bowen/Fin could hold down the 2/3 just fine for the rest of this year and we could pick up another 3 in the off season if need be.

or we could wait until next year, and manu's expiring contract will be in demand as teams try to make room for the much-hyped Summer of 09.
because going into the summer of 09 ready to overspend on some free agent just like everyone else is bad strategy, and I don't think that's what the Spurs plan to do. we've got to zig when the ignorant masses zag, beat the market.

I like the championships and the business part of the sports as well. But, you can do "paralysis of analysis" trying to predict the decline of an athlete.

In Manu's case, I believe people(like yourself) are a little premature in wanting to trade him. First of all, he's just major surgery in the offseason for the first time in his career and he didn't have training camp.

Manu has earned the right to get well this season and for the team to see if he still has it.

Also, one of the factors the fans and even the media forgets..is chemistry. Some say (like Jerry Jones and Deion Sanders) chemistry is overrated. Look what happened to the Cowboys this season. Well..it isnt especially if you have a championship level contender like the Spurs have.

Manu is the X-Factor for this team. He's the playmaker and if he plays well...they are a legit title contender. They aren't many teams that can say that.

The goal is to win as many titles as you can...when you have that kind of window. I was listening to Shaq being interviewed by Stephen A. Smith and he was reminiscing about playing with Kobe. They did win 3 out of 4 titles...but could have possibly won more.

You don't break up that type of chemistry...I know it was their fault. The same thing with the 90's Bulls. The organization acted prematurely to break-up Jordan and Pippen so they could start over. Look where that got them.

Lastly, Manu deserves this year to get himself right for the Spurs' organization to see if he can still be the player he has been and wanting to trade him prematurely is wrong in my opinion.

anonoftheinternets
01-30-2009, 03:39 PM

?????? he had 27 points against the lakers????? and raped ariza ? ... ohhh ur talking about @ lakers game where no one came to play ..... meh .....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
if we could get a legit young PF or C for Manu, we would remain championship contenders for the rest of Duncan's career.

I think the trade Manu while he has value risk outweigh the rewards, if you can't see it I don't what I can do for your rationalized disapproval (and borderline fluff justification) ,of Manu as an integral part of the team that wins championships. If we trade him we run the risk of being just a really, really good talented defensive team/ post 2005 Detroit Pistons type of contender. You don't squander a guy who wins games just because he starts to plateau a little bit. I'd understand if this was April, the playoffs, etc and he's just not being effective as he once was at helping our team get wins.
But you're talking as if he has no signs of being effective at all when jumpshooting is the main weakness of his right now and is an easily correctable and mental aspect of his game.

Mason/Bowen/Fin could hold down the 2/3 just fine for the rest of this year and we could pick up another 3 in the off season if need be.

Mason/Fin/Bowen replacing Manu's production at the 2? Mason is great and will probably show stuff with more minutes, but he hasn't shown to have the equivalent intangibles. It's more than just PPG/minutes or shot distribution for them to replace.
George Hill is someone I can see shouldering the backcourt rebounding load but he still is too green too.

EJK5032
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
if you watched his post game interview, Manu even said that he realizes he's been spending too much time on the perimeter, and he knows he needs to get in the paint more. everyone on this forum needs to get off his back. Pop made a good decision not calling any plays for Manu, if indeed that was the case like the commentators kept saying.......but I like the idea, without any plays called for him, it forces Manu to use his creativity and play more naturally, because he's such a competitor there is no way he's just going to be idle just because there's no plays called for him.

urunobili
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
if you watched his post game interview, Manu even said that he realizes he's been spending too much time on the perimeter, and he knows he needs to get in the paint more. everyone on this forum needs to get off his back. Pop made a good decision not calling any plays for Manu, if indeed that was the case like the commentators kept saying.......but I like the idea, without any plays called for him, it forces Manu to use his creativity and play more naturally, because he's such a competitor there is no way he's just going to be idle just because there's no plays called for him.

great post right there :tu

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
That's legal too you know. To get free throws you have to earn them first by attacking the rim. I'd rather have him atempting free throws than step back three's, is all about %.

Unless of course, the other team is in the penalty for about half the quarter and you go to the line without attempting a shot.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Manu's PER is always inflated though, since it's a "per minute" stat, and also because he comes off the bench..I agree with your point though..

Slippy
01-30-2009, 11:00 PM
I guess some people expect perfection from Manu. Yikes!!

I believe last night's game was an excellent step in the right direction from him!!

Too true.. Manu should of hit all his threes and gone for 42 points.

Atleast Vander is staying true to his ideals unlike the quack quack. :lol

DAF86
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Unless of course, the other team is in the penalty for about half the quarter and you go to the line without attempting a shot.

18 FT's, at some point he must have attacked the basket. Besides there's a reason he took those ft's, you can't count on nobody else on this team to make those shots.

TMTTRIO
01-31-2009, 12:36 AM
One thing I have been thinking about is maybe it's time to start Manu. Now that we have Mason and Hill they could play well from the bench. I just remember reading an article last season when he was playing through it he said it was easier to start because he had more time to let his game come to him and that he didn't have to rush it. Maybe it would be good for him to start with Tim and Tony that way he doesn't feel pressured to do something right away like he does when he comes off the bench which has been the case since he's got back.

Ice009
01-31-2009, 02:07 AM
One thing I have been thinking about is maybe it's time to start Manu. Now that we have Mason and Hill they could play well from the bench. I just remember reading an article last season when he was playing through it he said it was easier to start because he had more time to let his game come to him and that he didn't have to rush it. Maybe it would be good for him to start with Tim and Tony that way he doesn't feel pressured to do something right away like he does when he comes off the bench which has been the case since he's got back.

I've been saying this almost all week. Start Bruce and Manu.

Agloco
01-31-2009, 05:08 PM
manu needs to play like tonight
he is attacking again finally
way to go:flag::flag::flag::hat

Everyone's lining up to suck his dick already? I'll wait until he puts up 30 against Boston or Cleveland......

:lol

vander
01-31-2009, 05:48 PM
so,If that's the case,Let's sell Duncan and Manu together while we're at it. Let's try to get some money out of them while they still worth something. I bet you would sell your mom for a brand new Plasma TV, or leave your wife when She is old and not pretty any more. You Bastard.

Duncan's a different story, Not only does he continue to impact the game as much as he ever did, outplaying the other more athletic big men, leading the team, making players around him better, playing smarter basketball than anyone else in the league, anchoring this D...
but he is the face of the Spurs, a treasure, a Historic NBA player, you don't trade that kind of player away ever.

manu is none of those things, He's just another flash in the pan.

vander
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
really? I don't know and I don't really care how much Basketball you've seen in your life, but Manu Ginobili will be inducted in the HOF, He will retire as a Spur and his jersey will be retired too. Ginobili aint another flash in the pan, maybe guys like AJ, Sean, Mario Elie or Bruce Bowen were/are, but not Ginobili.

Sean > Manu

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Sean > Manu

I liked Sean's game. Sean wouldn't agree with you. :lol
He's like one of the biggest Manu homers ever, and he doesn't even post on here.
Call or argue Manu overrated all you want, but he is definitely NOT a flash in the pan player. Killer-instinct isn't something that every player has. Manu has that will to win. Spurs are lucky to have a guy who dives after loose balls etc. will risk failure or dish the ball for the win over being glory-hog. That kind of grit is hard to teach. Any Spurs fan who has been watching the team since Manu's joined recognizes his intangibles.

Dude, you're just a hater - stop pretending that you're speaking behalf of a valid difference of opinion.
Either you trade Tim Duncan off your same reasons for trading Manu or you don't.

vander
01-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I liked Sean's game. Sean wouldn't agree with you. :lol
He's like one of the biggest Manu homers ever, and he doesn't even post on here.
Call or argue Manu overrated all you want, but he is definitely NOT a flash in the pan player. Killer-instinct isn't something that every player has. Manu has that will to win. Spurs are lucky to have a guy who dives after loose balls etc. will risk failure or dish the ball for the win over being glory-hog. That kind of grit is hard to teach. Any Spurs fan who has been watching the team since Manu's joined recognizes his intangibles.

Dude, you're just a hater - stop pretending that you're speaking behalf of a valid difference of opinion.
Either you trade Tim Duncan off your same reasons for trading Manu or you don't.

OK even if flash in the pan is a too harsh, he's still not in the same universe as Duncan, don't even try to make that pathetic arguement, Duncan is once in a lifetime absolutely untradeable.
even at 32 there's no one in the league who could replace Duncan, there were plenty who could have replaced Manu even in his prime, and plenty more now. the value he adds to the team now is no longer rare, but very easily replaceble.

porscha
01-31-2009, 11:07 PM
OK even if flash in the pan is a too harsh, he's still not in the same universe as Duncan, don't even try to make that pathetic arguement, Duncan is once in a lifetime absolutely untradeable.
even at 32 there's no one in the league who could replace Duncan, there were plenty who could have replaced Manu even in his prime, and plenty more now. the value he adds to the team now is no longer rare, but very easily replaceble.

http://i42.tinypic.com/t8qn4k.jpg

thank you manu! for shutting those xxxxers up!:lol:lmao

vander
01-31-2009, 11:07 PM
:lmao

http://i42.tinypic.com/t8qn4k.jpg

BTW, 22 pts in 25 mins tonite hater. Yeah He's replaceble and there are many SGs in his same lavel making only $10 M p/yr.
Good call :tu

:lol one dunk and the CoM are all pissing themselves

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM

I never said he's on the same level as Duncan, jsut that they're both unique.
and going off what you said, you can make an argument from your earlier post to trade any aging veteran player to superstar playing in any position if it means you can get equivalent strengths in return for whatever arbitrary position.

Manu has the competitiveness of Larry Bird. In tonight's game he dove after a loose ball, got fouled and elbowed still holding on to the ball, threw the ball behind his head to Bowen. Bowen couldn't grab the handle or keep possession. Hornets get the ball. Manu swipes at it again from behind, when they took their eyes off him. Manu gets possession and gets fouled for two points.
That kind of relentlessness - when one doesn't give up on the play even after the first lost possession - Is something VERY RARE. Maybe you're not a hater. Maybe you're just blind. It's as replaceable as Tony Parker's speed, or Tim Duncan's work ethic.

MarHill
01-31-2009, 11:24 PM
and going off what you said, you can make an argument from your earlier post to trade any aging veteran player to superstar playing in any position if it means you can get equivalent strengths in return for whatever arbitrary position.

Manu has the competitiveness of Larry Bird. In tonight's game he dove after a loose ball, got fouled and elbowed still holding on to the ball, threw the ball behind his head to Bowen. Bowen couldn't grab the handle or keep possession. Hornets get the ball. Manu swipes at it again from behind, when they took their eyes off him. Manu gets possession and gets fouled for two points.
That kind of relentlessness - when one doesn't give up on the play even after the first lost possession - Is something VERY RARE. Maybe you're not a hater. Maybe you're just blind. It's as replaceable as Tony Parker's speed, or Tim Duncan's work ethic.

+1

Manu is a perfect fit for this team!

it's me
01-31-2009, 11:28 PM
:lol one dunk and the CoM are all pissing themselves

Post after post :toast

amy020
01-31-2009, 11:35 PM
22 pts in 25 mins so great
and I love that dunk!

vander
01-31-2009, 11:40 PM

You'll never be able to see it, the hypothetical alternative. you'll only see Manu making a steal or dunk and think that if he wasn't here, nothing like that would ever happen, that anyone else playing his minutes will never make a steal or create a shot or drive to the hoop sensationally. but you are wrong

it's me
01-31-2009, 11:43 PM
You'll never be able to see it, the hypothetical alternative. you'll only see Manu making a steal or dunk and think that if he wasn't here, nothing like that would ever happen, that anyone else playing his minutes will never make a steal or create a shot or drive to the hoop sensationally. but you are wrong

:lmao Somebody is running out of arguments

it's me
01-31-2009, 11:45 PM
but but but "but you are wrong" :lmao:lmao:lmao

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2009, 01:04 AM
You'll never be able to see it, the hypothetical alternative. you'll only see Manu making a steal or dunk and think that if he wasn't here, nothing like that would ever happen, that anyone else playing his minutes will never make a steal or create a shot or drive to the hoop sensationally.

I don't give a shit about Manu's dunk or steals. They're just bonus. He's a playmaker. Now you're just guilty of projection. I do care about players not giving up on plays and exceptional team players. Sometimes Manu is flashy, other times he's not but the results are the same.

but you are wrong
:lmao
you're just reaching.

Manu is a fucking winner. His appeal is his flair and that he has an underdog thing going for him - that is the cause for all the homerism and COM you bitch about.
He's this frickin' scrawny white italian foreigner who dares to dunk on people like the other more athletically gifted SG's in the league.
Any SG in this league can put up 20ppg but might lack the competitive combination of a versatile team player/role player/pseudo superstar who has the ability to get in the zone just like the Lebrons and Kobes.

You are definitely hating, that's like saying just about ANY NBA SG could win games and that guys like Robert Horry too were just "in the right place at the right time" during all those times he contributed a "little" play here or a "little" shot there. If you can't recognize that some players have other things such as BB IQ, tenacity, and court vision, unique to them, and that it's not just about replacing PPG in the boxscore, you are hopeless.
If you think I'm wrong, that's fine with me. As a Spurs fan I don't want to have to quantify my team's players solely on paper.
With your argument you might as well ask a Bonzi Wells to replace Manu or a TMac! They are proven losers, but hey - they've recorded steals, shots, and drives in their statsheets before, so obviously Manu is nothing special, especially when it comes to that kind of hustle during regular season games.
I doubt you actually watched the play I was describing in the game, otherwise you'd recognize that any other player that is less competitive would have been settling for the lost possession in January.