PDA

View Full Version : Tony F!!!!kin Parker!!!!

SequSpur
01-30-2009, 01:10 AM
:toast

Remember that time the Spurs beat Phoenix and I bought the first round............................. :toast

duncan228
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Parker showed why he's an All-Star tonight. Nice performance.

Dalamar_the_Dark
01-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Parker deserves to be an all-star. But Nash showed us what the ASG will be missing.

Creation88
01-30-2009, 01:19 AM
stepped up and hit huge shots tonight. great confidence.

SequSpur
01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Parker deserves to be an all-star. But Nash showed us what the ASG will be missing.

how to look like an allstar, a dumb ass and a loser in the same game??? yeah, I want to see that again.

:flag:

Spurologist
01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
His top of the key jumper sealed the victory.

Just when Grant Hill trying to gain momentum for phx, tp sticks in the DAGGER

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
that crossover move was sick!!!!

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM

Defense?

Kori Ellis
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM

Not knowing the rules in the last 2 minutes?

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Steve Nash is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. No amount of offense can compensate for his total lack of defense.

anakha

Defense?

Responding at the same time, no less. :lol

2centsworth

I hope that wasn't on Porter.

thekingrobert
01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
only if he had George Hill's defense

Kori Ellis
01-30-2009, 01:30 AM
I hope that wasn't on Porter.

It wasn't. After the play, Porter was screaming, "You can't do that" to Nash. Nash was acting perplexed. So that was all on Nash.

SequSpur
01-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Kori, i didn't cuss in the title.. :D

DPG21920
01-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Kori, i didn't cuss in the title.. :d

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

completely deck
01-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Finally, a Sequ thread that makes sense.

it's me
01-30-2009, 01:34 AM
Weren't we trading this BIG guy??

50 cent
01-30-2009, 01:34 AM

A clutz?

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:37 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dWU0I2elq979/340x.jpg

raspsa
01-30-2009, 01:39 AM
It wasn't. After the play, Porter was screaming, "You can't do that" to Nash. Nash was acting perplexed. So that was all on Nash.

The previous play Nash had tripped and lost the ball.. maybe he hit his head on the floor or something because he did something very un-Nashlike..

peskypesky
01-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Tony was maqnifique tonight, n'est-ce pas?

tp2021
01-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Ommelette du fromage!

Solid D
01-30-2009, 01:42 AM
His top of the key jumper sealed the victory.

Just when Grant Hill trying to gain momentum for phx, tp sticks in the DAGGER

That play was huge, right after he got stripped for an and-1 to get it to only a 3 point margin....TP comes right down and sticks the 22 footer right in their EYE.

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:43 AM
That play was huge, right after he got stripped for an and-1 to get it to only a 3 point margin....TP comes right down and sticks the 22 footer right between their EYES.

Fixed.

tp2021
01-30-2009, 01:44 AM
That play was huge, right after he got stripped for an and-1 to get it to only a 3 point margin....TP comes right down and sticks the 22 footer right in their EYE.

And I guarantee that before the season is over, another poster will say he isn't clutch.

SequSpur
01-30-2009, 01:45 AM

welcome to the parker fan club. :toast

TampaDude
01-30-2009, 01:46 AM
And I guarantee that before the season is over, another poster will say he isn't clutch.

TP isn't clutch. :lol

Solid D
01-30-2009, 01:47 AM

Re-Fixed

:smokin

tp2021
01-30-2009, 01:52 AM
TP isn't clutch. :lol

I knew I should've put money on it.

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Steve Nash is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. No amount of offense can compensate for his total lack of defense.

Yeah, because every star player in the NBA is a good defender. Didn't Nash have 16 points and 18 assists tonight? By the way, check the alltime assists list. Nash just passed Terry Porter and moved into 11th place. He is also third alltime in free throw shooting and sixth alltime in three point shooting.

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 02:20 AM
Yeah, because every star player in the NBA is a good defender.

nobody said he wasn't a star player, but so is tracy mcgrady.

Didn't Nash have 16 points and 18 assists tonight? By the way, check the alltime assists list. Nash just passed Terry Porter and moved into 11th place. He is also third alltime in free throw shooting and sixth alltime in three point shooting.

he is arguably the best offensive pg ever, but his lack of d totally negates his offensive abilities. I've had the benefit of watching steve since his dallas days when he had a habit of making steve kerr look like michael jordan. shoot, even jacque vaughn looked servicable against nash last year. I like steve, but you can't win it all with the guy.

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I liked that one point in the third quarter when Parker drove on Nash for about the eighth time and laid it up easily. Nash called a timeout and looked like he was about to burst out into tears. Then coming out of the timeout they switched Nash onto Finley :lol

td4mvp21
01-30-2009, 02:27 AM
Tony Parker was flat out sick tonight.

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 02:28 AM
nobody said he wasn't a star player, but so is tracy mcgrady.

he is arguably the best offensive pg ever, but his lack of d totally negates his offensive abilities. I've had the benefit of watching steve since his dallas days when he had a habit of making steve kerr look like michael jordan. shoot, even jacque vaughn looked servicable against nash last year. I like steve, but you can't win it all with the guy.

Its easy to say he can't win it all but how many great point guards have won it all? The nature of the point guard position makes it difficult to take over a game like a shooting guard or forward can. Look at some of the great point guards who never won it all.
-Kevin Johnson
-Steve Nash
-Jason Kidd
-Gary Payton the one with Miami doesn't count since he was a spare part

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 02:31 AM
I liked that one point in the third quarter when Parker drove on Nash for about the eighth time and laid it up easily. Nash called a timeout and looked like he was about to burst out into tears. Then coming out of the timeout they switched Nash onto Finley :lol

To be fair to Nash, he was left out on an island. Shaq was awful at helping.

Manu-of-steel
01-30-2009, 04:46 AM
nice game tony! keep it up. go spurs go!

Brazil
01-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Calderon !!!!!!

Shastafarian
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah, because every star player in the NBA is a good defender. Didn't Nash have 16 points and 18 assists tonight? By the way, check the alltime assists list. Nash just passed Terry Porter and moved into 11th place. He is also third alltime in free throw shooting and sixth alltime in three point shooting.

Doesn't this kinda tell you assists aren't THAT good of an indicator of talent?

Did anyone else catch Inside the NBA and Webber doing a french style "Huh huh huh". Classic :lol

Spurs Brazil
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Great job for TP. He's playing fantatic this year

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Its easy to say he can't win it all but how many great point guards have won it all? The nature of the point guard position makes it difficult to take over a game like a shooting guard or forward can. Look at some of the great point guards who never won it all.
-Kevin Johnson
-Steve Nash
-Jason Kidd
-Gary Payton the one with Miami doesn't count since he was a spare part

if Steve Nash is equal to Kevin Johnson, and then why does Steve Nash have two MVPs? As I said, he's good, but he's also the most overrated PG in the history of the NBA.

Pauleta14
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
only if he had George Hill's defense

I don't agree!
Hill D is overrated by spurs fans!
ok, better rebounding, but too many faults!
If he had to play a whole game, he would be fouled out often. Sometimes the best D is stay constantly in front of the guy, instead of always trying to grab the ball...
TP is a veteran now, he knows that only PO really matter! He has to keep some "gas" for when it really counts and we have seen previously that when he wants it, he is a heck of a defender (remember game 5 against Detroit, the last pocession of the game against Hamilton...)
People always tend to forget/underestimate the impact of 82 regular games+travels on a body... Then you have to be at your best comming the PO!!!
It's crazy...:wow

Pauleta14
01-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Tony was maqnifique tonight, n'est-ce pas?
:lol

Absolument !

Pauleta14
01-30-2009, 03:42 PM

Did anyone else catch Inside the NBA and Webber doing a french style "Huh huh huh". Classic :lol

Yes, I saw it, funny face, but the accent...:wow:(:downspin:, really:lol, but :wow!
I understand it comes from a comic, but I really don't get it...
I mean not really life-like!
But maybe it's because I'm french...:lol

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
if Steve Nash is equal to Kevin Johnson, and then why does Steve Nash have two MVPs? As I said, he's good, but he's also the most overrated PG in the history of the NBA.

Nash benefited from the fact that the Suns were awful before he got there in 2004. During his first season in 2004/05, the Suns looked outstanding until he got injured. There was a game in Washington where the Suns played without Nash and they only scored 70 points. That's what got the MVP talk started. In 2005/06, everyone thought the Suns would miss the playoffs when Amare went down in training camp, but the Suns won 55 games.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 03:48 PM
^ Nash deserved MVP in 06 IMO, but 05 should have gone to Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 03:52 PM

Assists aren't a great indicator of talent? Look at some of the names above Nash on the alltime assists list. Stockton, Magic, Isiah Thomas, Kidd, Gary Payton, Oscar Robertson, Lenny Wilkins and Maurice Cheeks. All those players are hall of fame point guards.

Bender
01-30-2009, 03:53 PM

what did nash do at the end of the game...?
I watched the first half, but during halftime my wife was complaining about me watching b-ball all night...
so I quit watching to spend some time with her.

Shastafarian
01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Assists aren't a great indicator of talent? Look at some of the names above Nash on the alltime assists list. Stockton, Magic, Isiah Thomas, Kidd, Gary Payton, Oscar Robertson, Lenny Wilkins and Maurice Cheeks. All those players are hall of fame point guards.

colargol
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
when he wants it, he is a heck of a defender (remember game 5 against Detroit, the last pocession of the game against Hamilton...)

Thank you to remember that play ..:toast..... i use to remember it when i read some posters complaining about TP's defense..:bang.when needed TP could be a heck of a defender

RobSM64
01-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Ommelette du fromage!

:lmao

PDXSpursFan
01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Let's trade him now that his value is high... maybe for Calderon? :rolleyes

baseline bum
01-30-2009, 05:36 PM

Sucks to have the party in your house and not be invited.

baseline bum
01-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I watched the first half, but during halftime my wife was complaining about me watching b-ball all night...

He committed an intentional foul away from the ball on Bowen in the last two minutes, resulting in one shot and the ball back.

superbigtime
01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
that crossover move was sick!!!!

The commentators creamed themselves over it. I replayed it like 5 times. Tony changed his dribble hand 5 or 6 times and did a behind the back crossover in addition to numerous crossovers in front of his body. It happened so damn fast. He had Barbosa hoppin around like a frog. Tony was badass last night. Tony!!!

Manufan909
01-30-2009, 09:57 PM
The commentators creamed themselves over it. I replayed it like 5 times. Tony changed his dribble hand 5 or 6 times and did a behind the back crossover in addition to numerous crossovers in front of his body. It happened so damn fast. He had Barbosa hoppin around like a frog. Tony was badass last night. Tony!!!

Plus he made Nash fall.:flag:

Slippy
01-30-2009, 11:25 PM

Wow that's harsh. Who wheres the pants in your house? J/K

I guess im one of the lucky ones. My wife, mother in-law and parents all know how it is. The imaginary do not disturb sign goes up when im watching bball. Same goes when they watching one of their shows.

MANUUU
01-31-2009, 12:55 AM
you think anyone here can get the tony parker clip of shaking barbosa into a short clip gif? like an avatar gif? i want a short clip that just replays that all day! anyone?

Kori Ellis
01-31-2009, 12:59 AM
you think anyone here can get the tony parker clip of shaking barbosa into a short clip gif? like an avatar gif? i want a short clip that just replays that all day! anyone?

There's a few of them here: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115624

MANUUU
01-31-2009, 01:06 AM
cool, thanks alot kori ellis! :D