PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you guys but . . .

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:21 AM
. . . I kinda like that guard duo of Parker and Ginobili. Maybe keeping those two might be the better idea instead of trading them for pennies on the dollar.

Just a thought.

DPG21920
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Love it.

DPG21920
01-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Feel free to merge the "eat shit sequ" thread and the "tony f'ing Parker thread" for full effect!

rasho8
01-30-2009, 01:24 AM
. . . I kinda like that guard duo of Parker and Ginobili. Maybe keeping those two might be the better idea instead of trading them for pennies on the dollar.

Just a thought.

theyre not too bad, Im sure I can get used to it though if I have to.

anakha
Trade both now while their value is high.

admiralfats
nothing like the suns to get us back on track.

that behind the back-crossover tony put on barbosa....oh my.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Screw these bandwagon fans... Tony and Manu were here for 3 championships, they earned the right to go down with the ship in my opinion

duncan228
01-30-2009, 01:29 AM
The core of this team is Championship material, led by the best Coach going. I have faith in them knowing more than we do.

m33p0
01-30-2009, 01:31 AM

Just a thought.
do you think the spurs have the necessary pieces to make a trade for them?

thekingrobert
01-30-2009, 01:31 AM
nah trade both for 2nd round picks and let's run Hack Vaughn and Mike Brickley as our backcourt

50 cent
01-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Tonight was the best the 3 played together in a long while.

Even Kurt Thomas looked like that "other big" we need on D and rebounding.

roycrikside
01-30-2009, 01:37 AM
I just hope Ducks and Sequ give Manu permission to stay on the team for another game or two.

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Even Kurt Thomas looked like that "other big" we need on D and rebounding.If KT could bottle what he does against the Suns, the Spurs would be set.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-30-2009, 01:39 AM
KT was built for the Suns. Now all we need is a big to do the damn thing against the other teams...

polandprzem
01-30-2009, 01:39 AM

Just a thought.

Yea they can play some ball

Ditty
01-30-2009, 01:40 AM
nah trade both for 2nd round picks and let's run Hack Vaughn and Mike Brickley as our backcourt

then we would have so much cap room :toast

exstatic
01-30-2009, 01:43 AM

Just a thought.

timvp, FTW

ElNono
01-30-2009, 01:47 AM

Just a thought.

You mean Cleveland isn't interested in trading Lebron for Manu and Vaughn????
Damn, there goes my trade idea...

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2009, 01:58 AM
it's actually ridiculous how well Kurt plays against the Suns..he absolutely owns them..

GSH
01-30-2009, 02:00 AM

Just a thought.

:toast The most under-appreciated players in the league. How spoiled do fans have to be to have guys like that to watch (not to mention one of the best records in the league) and still bitch about them, and talk trades constantly?

It's been so long since the Spurs had a "re-building" year, most fans have forgotten what it feels like.

ShoogarBear
01-30-2009, 02:07 AM
What about that one play in the third quarter where Parker didn't pass the ball to Manu? Huh???

Solid D
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
What about that one play in the third quarter where Parker didn't pass the ball to Manu? Huh???

:lol

Yorae
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
What a bright idea, Timvp!!!! Hope these fucking ingrate spurs fans realizes it.

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Good point. Let's trade Parker for Calderon and Ginobili for Jamal Crawford so that we can make sure that the Spurs are good after Duncan retires.

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 02:12 AM

pop noticed and sat him accordingly. not for punishment, but for perspective imo.

Jmoney
01-30-2009, 02:14 AM
:toast The most under-appreciated players in the league. How spoiled do fans have to be to have guys like that to watch (not to mention one of the best records in the league) and still bitch about them, and talk trades constantly?

It's been so long since the Spurs had a "re-building" year, most fans have forgotten what it feels like.

Define rebuilding year :P.

Only time I can remember that was like 1984 or 85 when we traded Gervin for Moore and then we imploded. Or I guess in the 90's when we decided to trade Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ for Rodman does that count?

polandprzem
01-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Define rebuilding year :P.

Only time I can remember that was like 1984 or 85 when we traded Gervin for Moore and then we imploded. Or I guess in the 90's when we decided to trade Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ for Rodman does that count?
:lol

It's never gets old

polandprzem
01-30-2009, 02:22 AM

Do you have a youtube link to that play?

:wakeup

mathbzh
01-30-2009, 03:59 AM
:nope Calderon has a better ast/to ratio than Parker and Ginobili is not even good enough to be a starter :rolleyes

baseline bum
01-30-2009, 04:24 AM

Just a thought.

Eh, I'd still trade 'em.... for LeBron. Otherwise, f@Ck that.

Chieflion
01-30-2009, 06:32 AM
Eh, I'd still trade 'em.... for LeBron. Otherwise, f@Ck that.

Dwayne Wade!!!!!

m33p0
01-30-2009, 06:41 AM

by it's freaking fans!!! :bang:bang:bang

vanvannen
01-30-2009, 06:52 AM
nothing like the suns to get us back on track.

that behind the back-crossover tony put on barbosa....oh my.

That was face-melting.

The_Worlds_finest
01-30-2009, 06:54 AM
do us all a favor go buy nba 2k or nba live, and carry out your idiotic trade ideas there and spare us your ignorant pathatic dribble

xapatan2
01-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Classic thread !
:lobt2:
thanks Timvp

Xap'

1Parker1
01-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, the Suns play almost zero defense and with Raja Bell gone, they literally have NO ONE on that team to guard Ginobili or Parker.

Agloco
01-30-2009, 09:20 AM

Just a thought.

I believe all of the trade hype stemmed from that fact that Ginobili hasn't been consistent as of yet.

And after one game, we still haven't seen consistency. We also cannot forget who this came against either. This is what Manu is capable of. I think the worry here was, can he still do it night in and night out?

More on that as the Rodeo Road Trip commences.........

resistanze
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Not only is TP a ballhog, he's a hotdog.

Did you see what he did to Nash and Barbosa?? Classless.

rascal
01-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't know about you but the spurs still need frontline help.

They are not winning this year without it. If you want to call this season a success with another exit to the lakers then don't make any impact trades and keep the team as it is.

MoSpur
01-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I think Barbosa would fit better with the Spurs because he's younger.

easjer
01-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Sarcasm doesn't always translate well, does it?

Blue-Lightning
01-30-2009, 10:20 AM
There are four players who, if they work hard, should retire as Spurs. Timmy, Manu, Tony, and Bruce have brough trophies to San Antonio. They've earned the respect of the city and staying on their own terms. Put the people around them to keep a championship possible, and let the multiple-time champs continue to play together.

They're this decade's Spurs.

BL

Spurminator
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Don't be a fence-sitter. Everyone knows you have to choose between Parker and Manu.

galvatron3000
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM

Just a thought.

Was trading either ever a serious thought around here? They should retire Spurs, both of them as well as Tim and Bowen. Everyone else is trade bait waiting to happen if necessary.

sonic21
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM

Just a thought.

they're ok.
but calderon > tony+manu

quentin_compson
01-30-2009, 08:37 PM

Just a thought.

Are you fucking kidding me? When have scrubs like Parker and Ginobili ever proven they could win anything like, for example, a championship? They are losers, and I want true winners!

So trade Tony and Manu for Arenas and AI. We will go Fo' Fo' Fo' Fo'...

Yorae
01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't even trade them for MJ. I want them to retire as a spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-31-2009, 12:46 AM

Just a thought.

... but... but... no, you're right. ;)

Absofrigginlutely. I'm getting really sick of all these chumps who want to treat our team like it's a yahoo fantasy team. Message to chumps - the real NBA is NOT a fantasy league! :rolleyes

pawe
01-31-2009, 01:48 AM
But TP likes Mason more than Manu right?

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2009, 02:01 AM
:nope Calderon has a better ast/to ratio than Parker and Ginobili is not even good enough to be a starter :rolleyes

he hasnt missed a ft this season or someshit...

but who cares, dude is fkn overrated as far im concerned, no point in posting up big numbers if you cant get the team win.

same with bosh and any raptor....every year their fans love to hype up and boast about the potential of the raptors, only to be disappointed half way through the season.....

YODA
01-31-2009, 02:02 AM
I love TIMVPs sarcasm....
just cracks me up

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2009, 02:18 AM
i think there value has gone up after the suns game...

trade them now while you still can.....

Slomo
01-31-2009, 04:34 AM

Just a thought.

You young people and your crazy ideas! What's next? A network accessible to any computer in the world?

samikeyp
01-31-2009, 09:36 AM

Just a thought.

Yeah, they'll do. :)