PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix is a team of bitches

exstatic
01-30-2009, 01:25 AM
Just play fucking basketball. We don't want to hear how much you miss your boyfriend Raja. You're worse than Stevie Franchise crying when Cat Mobley was traded.

Ditty
01-30-2009, 01:25 AM
fuck the suns

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 01:26 AM
they have zero class and act entitled. they deserve the torment.

lurker
01-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Are you having a very delayed reaction to Steve's comments from the day Raja was traded?

bigfan
01-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Suns fans are the biggest bunch of turdblossoms out there. They talk all kinds of shit before the game then whine like babies after they get their asses whipped.

exstatic
01-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Are you having a very delayed reaction to Steve's comments from the day Raja was traded?

It's just their whole trip. The Nash thing is just the most appalling example. It just seems they're always looking for a reason to lose, and someone to listen to them cry about it, or explain it. Just kick someone's ass. You won't have to explain anything.

timvp
01-30-2009, 01:41 AM
I wonder if it's as fun beating the Suns as it looks on TV.

Pop: Good job guys. Guess we pwned them again.

Duncan: :lol

Ginobili: :rollin

Parker: :lmao

Spurologist
01-30-2009, 01:41 AM
brain cramps off the ying yang.

out of all people, Nash forgets the rules of last 2 minutes. almost as bad as mcnabb not knowing the game could end in a tie.

Stupid technicals

Hack a Bowen

the list goes on

Ditty
01-30-2009, 01:42 AM
there just getting boring of beating them

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 01:43 AM
it will only get worse for phoenix, because snaq is gonna drown his sorrow in about 2 boxes of Twinkies.

ClingingMars
01-30-2009, 01:43 AM

:lmao

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Among my favorite parts of tonight's game was Suns fans booing in the Hack-a-Bowen phase. In other cities, I might have presumed the booing to be aimed at a coach for a controversial strategy; in Phoenix, however, I'm certain that the booing was aimed at officials for having the gall to call fouls that the Suns intended to commit.

That was awesome.

ClingingMars
01-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Among my favorite parts of tonight's game was Suns fans booing in the Hack-a-Bowen phase. In other cities, I might have presumed the booing to be aimed at a coach for a controversial strategy; in Phoenix, however, I'm certain that the booing was aimed at officials for having the gall to call fouls that the Suns intended to commit.

That was awesome.

that is hilarious

BradLohaus
01-30-2009, 01:47 AM
They crumble against the Spurs.

But remember this night, because we may have just seen the final Hack a Bowen ever.

ClingingMars
01-30-2009, 01:48 AM
they may be bitches, but they're OUR bitches

-Mars

ehz33satx
01-30-2009, 01:50 AM
they have zero class and act entitled. they deserve the torment.

DrHouse
01-30-2009, 01:52 AM
The NBA is disgracing the word "rivalry" every time they use it when these teams matchup.

Kori Ellis
01-30-2009, 01:53 AM

During the game ...

Tim: http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/288_basketball.gif

Parker: http://spurstalk.com/Bball-tony.gif

Manu: http://images.zaazu.com/img/basketball-basketball-sports-espn-smiley-emoticon-000171-design.gif

Bowen: http://wholewheatradio.org/wiki/images/3/37/CRZ_93.GIF

duncan228
01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
It's pretty easy to see, the Spurs are just in their heads.

Biggems
01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
The NBA is disgracing the word "rivalry" every time they use it when these teams matchup.

Similar to the Lakers/Kings rivalry that was a completely one-sided affair. Yes the Lakers were the Kings rivals, but it sure wasn't the same the other way around.

ehz33satx
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Sorry, I meant to post that I don't think the Suns feel entitled. They know that they are a second class team compared to the Spurs. Junior Varsity compared to Varsity. They can't beat the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2009, 01:58 AM
It's pretty easy to see, the Spurs are just in their heads.

I actually think the Spurs are just better. When Doug Collins went on during the game about how a lot of the Spurs ownership in the playoffs has just been bad luck, my first thought was "or it's been because the Spurs have just been better."

Kori Ellis
01-30-2009, 02:00 AM
I actually think the Spurs are just better. When Doug Collins went on during the game about how a lot of the Spurs ownership in the playoffs has just been bad luck, my first thought was "or it's been because the Spurs have just been better."

The "bad luck" comment was ridiculous. But Collins was sucking the collective dick of the Suns all game.

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:00 AM
I actually think the Spurs are just better. When Doug Collins went on during the game about how a lot of the Spurs ownership in the playoffs has just been bad luck, my first thought was "or it's been because the Spurs have just been better."Yeah, that was lame. 16-6 in those four playoff matchups tells me it's been decided which team is better. Hard to argue with a 72%+ winning percentage.

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 02:01 AM
he wants that gig.

duncan228
01-30-2009, 02:01 AM

I agree, the Spurs are better. And the Suns know it and it's in their heads. No matter what the Suns have done to try to adjust to us and get through us it's failed. We can play their game and we can make them play ours. It's always fun to watch.

timvp
01-30-2009, 02:06 AM
he wants that gig.I want Collins to get any gig. He's just horrible and changes his stances as the game goes along so that he can constantly prop himself.

My favorite tonight is how he harped about the Spurs not wanting for the game to be in the 100's because that was Phoenix's pace. Then after the Spurs scored 100, he started talking about how the Spurs are 14-0 when scoring more than 100 points.

:rolleyes

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Why is the Spurs ownership of the Suns such a big deal anymore?

2centsworth
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
I want Collins to get any gig. He's just horrible and changes his stances as the game goes along so that he can constantly prop himself.

My favorite tonight is how he harped about the Spurs not wanting for the game to be in the 100's because that was Phoenix's pace. Then after the Spurs scored 100, he started talking about how the Spurs are 14-0 when scoring more than 100 points.

:rolleyes

i usually think he's ok, but admit he was brutal tonight.

SpursPreacher
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Your gonna take doug collins seriously when he couldnt win when he had michael jordan in chicago lol.

ShoogarBear
01-30-2009, 02:09 AM
The "bad luck" comment was ridiculous. But Collins was sucking the collective dick of the Suns all game.

He's made a career out of that. Remember the playoffs last year?

Manufan909
01-30-2009, 03:27 AM
I agree, the Spurs are better. And the Suns know it and it's in their heads. No matter what the Suns have done to try to adjust to us and get through us it's failed. We can play their game and we can make them play ours. It's always fun to watch.

What I said in the 3rd fucking page of the game blog, but everyone proceeded to bitch about the Spurs could'nt keep it up. Nice to know someone else has some common sense.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Saying the Suns and Spurs have a rivalry is like saying a hammer and nail have a rivalry.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 03:37 AM
Just play fucking basketball. We don't want to hear how much you miss your boyfriend Raja. You're worse than Stevie Franchise crying when Cat Mobley was traded.

That's 100% true. Nash isn't a winner. He's more concerned with having fun with his friends as if it's a club league.

Ghazi
01-30-2009, 03:46 AM
Nash isnt a winner? Please, what the fuck were the Suns before Nash got there? His defense is a matter of talent, not effort... should've kept Marion if its such a bother as it masked some of his deficiencies (Suns were 13th defensively in 06-07, whereas they hover in the 20's these days).

Regarding the Spurs owning the Suns, who the fuck doesn't own the Suns these days? The Lakers have won 5 of the last 6 v them, the Hornets have won 6 straight v them, even our beloved Mavs have won 7 of the last 11 v them. Big fuuuuuucking deal.

baseline bum
01-30-2009, 03:52 AM
Saying the Suns and Spurs have a rivalry is like saying a hammer and nail have a rivalry.

If Yankees-RedSox could be a rivalry, Spurs-Suns can be too.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2009, 03:54 AM
huh? we OWN the Suns..it's not some win streak, or some stretch..

this is beyond anything..we've made their franchise attempt to completely remodel their franchise after the Spurs, to the point where they try to steal Pop's strategies, only to backfire on them..Porter tries to use Pop's strategy, and he ends up using it with 40 seconds left in the game, which gives us free throws and the ball..

to the point where they fired a coach, and hired Porter..to the point where they hired a horrible GM in Steve Kerr..we've eliminated them from the playoffs countless times..we've beat them in every way, whether it's physically or mentally..

when you beat a franchise so badly that they try to become your team, it gets to a ridiculous point..

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 04:17 AM

Probably because he lives in PHX and is pretty tight with Steve Kerr. Recall that he stated "on-air" that he got early wind of the J-Rich trade, just after the Suns lost to the Mavs earlier this year. But had to keep quiet about it out of respect to the Suns brass.

Ghazi
01-30-2009, 05:30 AM
huh? we OWN the Suns..it's not some win streak, or some stretch..

this is beyond anything..we've made their franchise attempt to completely remodel their franchise after the Spurs, to the point where they try to steal Pop's strategies, only to backfire on them..Porter tries to use Pop's strategy, and he ends up using it with 40 seconds left in the game, which gives us free throws and the ball..

to the point where they fired a coach, and hired Porter..to the point where they hired a horrible GM in Steve Kerr..we've eliminated them from the playoffs countless times..we've beat them in every way, whether it's physically or mentally..

when you beat a franchise so badly that they try to become your team, it gets to a ridiculous point..

Blah Blah. The Suns haven't tried to remodel shit, they've never even bothered trying to play defense or acquiring defensive minded players. The Spurs didn't "kill" the Suns, the Suns front office did with a slew of boneheaded errors. The Suns are just going from elite to mediocrity, nothing to see here.

Manufan909
01-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Blah Blah. The Suns haven't tried to remodel shit, they've never even bothered trying to play defense or acquiring defensive minded players. The Spurs didn't "kill" the Suns, the Suns front office did with a slew of boneheaded errors. The Suns are just going from elite to mediocrity, nothing to see here.

You know why they got Shaq, because Duncan kills them. They remodeled and ruined their super quick O just for our franchise player. And of course they don't play D or even attempt it, D'Antoni became too ingrained in their heads, they don't know any other way.

Ghazi
01-30-2009, 05:40 AM
To say "kill" implies the Suns were destined for great things. They weren't, run and gun and no defense has never been a formula for championships.... Jordan... Hakeem.... Duncan... etc.... Stoudamire... which of these names is unlike the others? Stoudamire, no team with Stoudamire as its best player will ever win a championship, nor were they ever expected to.

The Suns just had a cute little 3 year run and are descending into mediocrity now.. much like the Mavs/Pistons.... and much like the Blazers/Kings earlier this decade.

Manufan909
01-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Kill means he destroyed them, took away their life energy, and killed them even worse when they tried to adapt(bringing in The Big Cactus). And the Pistons actually one a title, so they should never be in the same sentence as the Mavs/Suns. Plus, they're the only team this decade who won without a "Big 3".

Not to hate on either Wallace, Tayshaun, or Rip, but I only considered Billups(Rasheed would be a stretch, I can't remember how he played that season) to be a star on their 2004 team. They just had a PURE TEAM. And pure teams can beat Big 3+role players, as proven aginst the Lakers. Hell didn't the Lakers have not only Shaq, Fish(?), and Kobe, but Malone and Payton(or whoever) still? That team was even more stacked than the current Lakers.

Ghazi
01-30-2009, 05:50 AM
The Pistons were just lucky Fisher hit a fluky bullshit .4 shot, otherwise the Spurs would've prevented them from their fluke title.

Manufan909
01-30-2009, 06:17 AM
Hey, I'm a Spurs fan, and even I won't go as far as to say the Spurs would've definitely had it. I will agree that I belive the Dirk foul hadn't happened, the Spurs would've 3-peated. But whatever, if that'd happened, they wouldn't be the odd number Dynasty. I like that title, it's catchy.

And once The Gist gets here, the whole NBA is screwed anyways. Including the Spurs players, since Gist does not play with others, and he plays 48 minutes a game, every game.

FromWayDowntown
01-30-2009, 08:11 AM

True. It was funny that Collins, at the end of the game, started to make some redundant observation and stammered to get the words San Antonio Spurs out, saying something like "Phoenix . . . the Suns . . . . the Sun . . . . San Antonio Spurs, pardon me." It was as if his script called for him to pimp the Suns there, but the scoreboard wouldn't let him.

That and the elation in his voice when Hill got the and-1 off the steal from Parker to make it a 3 point game late was interesting to compare to his absolutely crestfallen tone when Parker drilled the long jumper to make it 5 with about a minute to go.

Brazil
01-30-2009, 08:26 AM

Doug Collins
01-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Your gonna take doug collins seriously when he couldnt win when he had michael jordan in chicago lol.

Erroneous!

Twisted_Dawg
01-30-2009, 08:44 AM

I love it when you talk dirty.

slayermin
01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
I hope we continue to own the Suns. After the Shaq trade last season, I thought they would be our most formidable opponent in the playoffs. But we end up beating them in five. I thought we matched up very well with the Lakers, but we end up losing to them in five.

Right now, I'm not sure what to think about this years playoffs. I know the Lakers are good but I still think we match up pretty well with them.

And the Suns, for some reason, still worry me. But maybe these last two wins against them will break their back a little. Nash and Shaq are a year older and it's really beginning to show.

I Love Me Some Me
01-30-2009, 09:14 AM
During this entire "rivalry", the Suns have done themselves the worst disservice by never acknowledging they lost to the Spurs because SA was a better team. There was always some misfortunate incident that prevented them from winning. Now, to his credit, I think Steve Kerr has come in and said "we're not as good as they are", and has made an effort to get better. Unfortunately, Shaq in the twilight of his career isn't gonna get them over the top. He traded his best perimeter defender away. His MVP point guard is incapable of defending. His all-start power forward is one of the worst defenders at his position. His coach's are always out-classed and out-coached by Pop.

The should've admitted a few years back that they weren't gonna get it done with those guys. Imagine if they had traded Amare to Boston for the same guys (specifically Al Jefferson) instead of letting Minnesota move KG first. Or, if they'd traded Amare to Minny for KG. They just weren't ready to admit at that point that the team wasn't good enough...they just had bad luck.

underdawg
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM

The Spurs killed the Suns and the Mavs - both teams went through significant changes even though they had been at the top of the Western Conference regular season standings. Both teams decided that they were not going to beat the Spurs with their current lineups. The run and gun Suns and the pre-Kidd Mavs were better teams than they are now.

ducks
01-30-2009, 09:51 AM
suns are better then the run and gun
it is nash that is worse

Rummpd
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM

Just like the Mavs Office is doing! Justice served on two over-hyped owners and franchises that will only be remembered as near misses, not championship organizations.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Just like the Mavs Office is doing! Justice served on two over-hyped owners and franchises that will only be remembered as near misses, not championship organizations.

Cuban is a great owner, and Sarver is a mediocre owner, not some Donald Sterling part 2 like some people say he is.

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I'd be the first to say I don't have any sympathy for the bitch-ass Suns. It's been a pleasure seeing the Spurs "own" their asses for the past 5 years, on their way to 4 titles. I was thinking that it's gotta be just disheartening for Suns players and fans, to see them lose to the Spurs, 3 times in the playoffs, under all sorts of varying circumstances (injuries, suspensions, natural beat downs, etc.)

On last year, they make the sudden, midseason move of bringing in the Big Mouth, with the deliberate intent to counter Duncan. Only to lose in the playoffs again.

Then over the summer, they make the drastic decision of changing coaches, changing styles, changing philosophies and still end up being the Spurs favorite jailhouse bitch during the regular season.

Can't wait to read the meltdown responses on the Suns Fan Forum. In fact, I'm going there now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd be the first to say I don't have any sympathy for the bitch-ass Suns. It's been a pleasure seeing the Spurs "own" their asses for the past 5 years, on their way to 4 titles. I was thinking that it's gotta be just disheartening for Suns players and fans, to see them lose to the Spurs, 3 times in the playoffs, under all sorts of varying circumstances (injuries, suspensions, natural beat downs, etc.)

On last year, they make the sudden, midseason move of bringing in the Big Mouth, with the deliberate intent to counter Duncan. Only to lose in the playoffs again.

Then over the summer, they make the drastic decision of changing coaches, changing styles, changing philosophies and still end up being the Spurs favorite jailhouse bitch during the regular season.

Can't wait to read the meltdown responses on the Suns Fan Forum. In fact, I'm going there now.

They traded for Shaq for many reasons, Duncan only being one of them. The Gasol trade played a role, Al Jefferson dropping 40 points whenever they played was a problem. Manu's monster game in the paint a week prior played a role.

If they still had Marion, they would be just as bad. Shaq has been their best player this year.

They didn't try to change the system, they tried to worry less about O and more about D. The problem is Nash and Amare never gave Porter a chance and refused to get better at D because it wasn't "fun". We now know what the problem is on this team, and we now know all the Suns were doing against the Spurs when they had Nash was losing to a team they should be losing to.

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
They traded for Shaq for many reasons, Duncan only being one of them. The Gasol trade played a role, Al Jefferson dropping 40 points whenever they played was a problem. Manu's monster game in the paint a week prior played a role.

If they still had Marion, they would be just as bad. Shaq has been their best player this year.

They didn't try to change the system, they tried to worry less about O and more about D. The problem is Nash and Amare never gave Porter a chance and refused to get better at D because it wasn't "fun". We now know what the problem is on this team, and we now know all the Suns were doing against the Spurs when they had Nash was losing to a team they should be losing to.

I've been reading the Kerr will soon be faced with a crucial decision. Should he axe the coach and appease the players by going back to a more friendly style of play? Or should he ship out Amare, who will have the option to opt out of his contract in the next year or so. Obviously, he's been one of the loudest opponents of the new style and he's simply not progressed enough as a solid defender.

What do you think Kerr will do? Do yo believe the root cause of the issues with that team is their continued resistance to play D?

YoMamaIsCallin
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
But Collins was sucking the collective dick of the Suns all game.

What the hell is a "collective dick" ??

Is it one single giant dick made up of all the Suns dicks? If so are they end-to-end, or are they side-by-side like asparagus at the supermarket?

Or maybe there's a singular "Collective Dick" that speaks for and controls all the dicks, and they are sucked by proxy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Here's what I wrote about Phx in another thread:

As a Spurs fan, it's easy to post that I'm glad to see the Suns struggle. But, I've liked their style of play in the last 4-5 years and I believe the front office got away from their strengths in order to beat the Spurs.

They've never had the personnel to totally remake themselves. Unless they were able to draft someone like a Tim Duncan (I know those type of players...don't come around often) and then you would have to totally rebuild and start over.

But, they are trying to remake their team and still win and that usually doesn't work.

I believe you should never go away from your strengths to overcompensate for your weaknesses. For example, I can't sing and no matter how much I want to sing and tell everybody I can sing and take lessons to sing....it isn't going to happen and if it did happen (miraculously) it would be mediocre at best.

The Suns were never going to be a great defensive team with the personnel they had and they should have continue to push the envelop offensively and see what happens. They won a lot of basketball games (I know they didn't win a championship) and were still a contender.

Look at Utah...they have stayed with same philosophy over the years and they are a winning franchise.

Strengthen your strengths instead of trying to overcome your weaknesses!![/QUOTE]

YoMamaIsCallin
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
True. It was funny that Collins, at the end of the game, started to make some redundant observation and stammered to get the words San Antonio Spurs out, saying something like "Phoenix . . . the Suns . . . . the Sun . . . . San Antonio Spurs, pardon me." It was as if his script called for him to pimp the Suns there, but the scoreboard wouldn't let him.

That and the elation in his voice when Hill got the and-1 off the steal from Parker to make it a 3 point game late was interesting to compare to his absolutely crestfallen tone when Parker drilled the long jumper to make it 5 with about a minute to go.

Excellent observations. Collins was extremely clear about his version of the narrative of this game. He specifically mentioned right at the top, and repeated it later when the Suns were catching up in the 4th, that the Suns really, really wanted this game, and that it was to be their launching pad for an 8 game win streak which would put them right back into the upper echelon of the Western Conference. And his joy when the Suns made a run, and his sadness when Parker and Ginobili cold-bloodedly nailed the win at the end, were painfully obvious.

Does Collins hate the Spurs for some reason that anyone knows? Or does he just think the Suns are more "exciting" for the NBA and it would be better from a ratings point of view if they were in it?

MarHill
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Excellent observations. Collins was extremely clear about his version of the narrative of this game. He specifically mentioned right at the top, and repeated it later when the Suns were catching up in the 4th, that the Suns really, really wanted this game, and that it was to be their launching pad for an 8 game win streak which would put them right back into the upper echelon of the Western Conference. And his joy when the Suns made a run, and his sadness when Parker and Ginobili cold-bloodedly nailed the win at the end, were painfully obvious.

Does Collins hate the Spurs for some reason that anyone knows? Or does he just think the Suns are more "exciting" for the NBA and it would be better from a ratings point of view if they were in it?

I don't think that Doug Collins hates the Spurs. I believe Spurs fans are hypersensitive about the media's perception on this team.

Doug lives in Phoenix and he said the Suns players told the local media this was a big regular season game. Also, there is a lot of angst from the city of PHX against the Spurs for obvious reasons.

:flag:

sribb43
01-30-2009, 12:10 PM
This thread title is a classic:lmao

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Here's what I wrote about Phx in another thread:

As a Spurs fan, it's easy to post that I'm glad to see the Suns struggle. But, I've liked their style of play in the last 4-5 years and I believe the front office got away from their strengths in order to beat the Spurs.

They've never had the personnel to totally remake themselves. Unless they were able to draft someone like a Tim Duncan (I know those type of players...don't come around often) and then you would have to totally rebuild and start over.

But, they are trying to remake their team and still win and that usually doesn't work.

I believe you should never go away from your strengths to overcompensate for your weaknesses. For example, I can't sing and no matter how much I want to sing and tell everybody I can sing and take lessons to sing....it isn't going to happen and if it did happen (miraculously) it would be mediocre at best.

The Suns were never going to be a great defensive team with the personnel they had and they should have continue to push the envelop offensively and see what happens. They won a lot of basketball games (I know they didn't win a championship) and were still a contender.

Look at Utah...they have stayed with same philosophy over the years and they are a winning franchise.

Strengthen your strengths instead of trying to overcome your weaknesses!!

Very good post.

Allow me to chime in. You sound like a person, who is very self-aware and in tune with your personal strengths and weaknesses. You're also very honest about your shortcomings in the singing department. You're certainly don't appear to be in denial about it at all.

For a GM to be successful, he must do the same thing. Take an honest evaluation of his teams strengths and weaknesses. Face the truthe, no matter how unpleasant. Understand what you are and what you aspire to be.

I agree with you. The Suns decided they wanted to be more offensively flexibile and play a more half-court style during the playoffs. As a result, they went out and traded for Shaq. If the Suns wanted to aspire to be a better defensive team, they should have traded out some of the current parts and brought in parts that would help them move toward that goal. While they finally traded out a few parts, the remaining parts from the old regime have resisted the change in playing style. They're not committed because they don't seemingly have the ability to self-sacrifice.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I've been reading the Kerr will soon be faced with a crucial decision. Should he axe the coach and appease the players by going back to a more friendly style of play? Or should he ship out Amare, who will have the option to opt out of his contract in the next year or so. Obviously, he's been one of the loudest opponents of the new style and he's simply not progressed enough as a solid defender.

What do you think Kerr will do? Do yo believe the root cause of the issues with that team is their continued resistance to play D?

I actually think Amare himself is the root cause of their issues. He is a classic team killer. He demands so much on offense that they become extremely predictable, and he gives most of it back on the defensive end, because he doesn't even try there. I compare him to Antoine Walker in his effects on a team, although they are very different players.

Bringing Shaq in actually made things worse. As the Spurs showed, he is vulnerable to swarming team defense. I think they took the ball away from him three times in a row in the fourth quarter. Plus, Shaq demands the ball too, like Amare does, so when Shaq and Amare are in together, Amare is kind of wasted, except for his 18-foot jumpers (which anyone in the league can do!)

The Suns have lots of talented players who just aren't getting touches on the offense. Jason Richardson and Leandro Barbosa aren't getting anything. Grant Hill gets some, but most of that is on fast breaks and just because he keeps moving and getting open rather than waiting for a play to develop.

I think if the Suns got rid of Amare it'd be addition by subtraction. And they'd get a quality backup for Nash, or another great shooter, or something good in return.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Very good post.

Allow me to chime in. You sound like a person, who is very self-aware and in tune with your personal strengths and weaknesses. You're also very honest about your shortcomings in the singing department. You're certainly don't appear to be in denial about it at all.

For a GM to be successful, he must do the same thing. Take an honest evaluation of his teams strengths and weaknesses. Face the truthe, no matter how unpleasant. Understand what you are and what you aspire to be.

I agree with you. The Suns decided they wanted to be more offensively flexibile and play a more half-court style during the playoffs. As a result, they went out and traded for Shaq. If the Suns wanted to aspire to be a better defensive team, they should have traded out some of the current parts and brought in parts that would help them move toward that goal. While they finally traded out a few parts, the remaining parts from the old regime have resisted the change in playing style. They're not committed because they don't seemingly have the ability to self-sacrifice.

Thanks, Senor Spur! :toast

I'm just older now and I know what I can do and what I can't do. I had to learn the hard way! :lol

ShoogarBear
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't think that Doug Collins hates the Spurs. I believe Spurs fans are hypersensitive about the media's perception on this team.

Doug lives in Phoenix and he said the Suns players told the local media this was a big regular season game. Also, there is a lot of angst from the city of PHX against the Spurs for obvious reasons.

I almost never hate on TNT announcers, but Collins is especially bad, and his apex was the 2007 playoffs. His hatred of the Spurs (especially v. the Suns) was on full display.

tp2021
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM

You want to know how to suck a dick? :lmao

tp2021
01-30-2009, 12:38 PM

This.

BlackBellamy
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM

It has been said before and I'll say it again. The Spurs/Suns "rivalry" exists nowadays only in the minds of Suns fans. And that is only for the fact that if they ever win one they can feel like they are contenders again. Weak sauce.

hater
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
this is a good point. TNT/ESPN pimp each suns vs. SPurs game as "one of the biggest rivalries in NBA" :lmao it's a fucking joke of a rivalry.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Yes, I do believe the root of the Sun's problems is their resistance to defense. Their offensive rating going from 113.3 to 110.2 isn't the reason they're imploding this season (contrary to what the Phoenix media says and what a lot of the announcers say), their defensive rating staying at 108.9 is the reason they're imploding.

I think if it were completely up to Kerr Nash and Amare would be gone shortly, but the problem is the media and ticket buyers have fallen in love with Nash and Amare too much and refuse to give up on the all offense no defense mentality. Kerr's seat would get extremely hot because the Phoenix fans will expect to see immediate results and they wouldn't.

de Soto
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Maybe bitches but still better than the "Homos in Blue" up North. :lmao

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes, I do believe the root of the Sun's problems is their resistance to defense. Their offensive rating going from 113.3 to 110.2 isn't the reason they're imploding this season (contrary to what the Phoenix media says and what a lot of the announcers say), their defensive rating staying at 108.9 is the reason they're imploding.

I think if it were completely up to Kerr Nash and Amare would be gone shortly, but the problem is the media and ticket buyers have fallen in love with Nash and Amare too much and refuse to give up on the all offense no defense mentality. Kerr's seat would get extremely hot because the Phoenix fans will expect to see immediate results and they wouldn't.

Kerr has quite a conundrum. Nash and Amare are not, all of a sudden, going to become better defenders.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
i wonder whats the fine if a player calls out or a rude gesture to the commentators....cause seriously they suck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Maybe bitches but still better than the "Homos in Blue" up North. :lmao

what about the Homos in pink?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Kerr has quite a conundrum. Nash and Amare are not, all of a sudden, going to become better defenders.

And teams with grotesque defense are not, all of a sudden, going to start winning championships.

tsb2000
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
What the hell is a "collective dick" ??

Is it one single giant dick made up of all the Suns dicks? If so are they end-to-end, or are they side-by-side like asparagus at the supermarket?

Or maybe there's a singular "Collective Dick" that speaks for and controls all the dicks, and they are sucked by proxy?

:lmao:lmao:lmao

tsb2000
01-30-2009, 05:25 PM

That's true. I live in AZ, and the media were practically ill this morning reporting another Suns loss to the Spurs. One reporter even remarked to the other that she "hated" the Spurs. My 9 year old daughter asked me, "Dad, why do they hate us so much?" I said, "It's because we own them, and there's nothing they can do about it, so they just get mad."

Obstructed_View
01-30-2009, 05:26 PM
In other news, sky blue...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 05:28 PM
That's true. I live in AZ, and the media were practically ill this morning reporting another Suns loss to the Spurs. One reporter even remarked to the other that she "hated" the Spurs. My 9 year old daughter asked me, "Dad, why do they hate us so much?" I said, "It's because we own them, and there's nothing they can do about it, so they just get mad."

They hate SA for the most part because of the media, and most Suns fans always reflect the views of the media.

tsb2000
01-30-2009, 05:32 PM
They will get over this one quickly, I'd guess. It's obviously a busy weekend here. :)

Ghazi
01-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Did someone honestly mention the Spurs killing the MAVS franchise too? Were the 2006 playoffs just a dream? :)

2006 Finals were rigged!

zinagray
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
I so wish Robert Horry was there last nite to give Nash another "Body Check" like he did in the playoffs!!! Did anyone see Manu give his interview after the game and then as he was leaving a Spurs fan called him and he went over and hugged her and even took a picture with her!! Classy guy!!!

hater
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Did someone honestly mention the Spurs killing the MAVS franchise too? Were the 2006 playoffs just a dream? :)

2006 Finals were rigged!

Everyone knows mavs franchise was built with one main purpose: to beat the Spurs.

mission accomplished, except that the way mavs were built, other teams ate them alive. :lol

So most definitely, Spurs killed mavs franchise :toast

hater
01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Everyone knows mavs franchise was built with one main purpose: to beat the Spurs.

mission accomplished, except that the way mavs were built, other teams ate them alive. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 07:11 PM

2006 Finals were rigged!

Ya ok, and the Suns killed SA in the 2000 playoffs. Big fuckin deal.

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I so wish Robert Horry was there last nite to give Nash another "Body Check" like he did in the playoffs!!! Did anyone see Manu give his interview after the game and then as he was leaving a Spurs fan called him and he went over and hugged her and even took a picture with her!! Classy guy!!!

Sure did. I mentioned that in one of my earlier posts. Really a good guy, just like the rest of the team.

Yorae
01-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry guys, but I wish we could have gotten grant hill instead of finley........

jmanu20
01-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Ya ok, and the Suns killed SA in the 2000 playoffs. Big fuckin deal.

Congratulations on committing the first epic fail of this thread! Duncan was injured that year. The Suns have tried EVERYTHING since 2005 or so to beat the Spurs and ALWAYS FAIL!

kace
01-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Congratulations on committing the first epic fail of this thread! Duncan was injured that year. The Suns have tried EVERYTHING since 2005 or so to beat the Spurs and ALWAYS FAIL!

calm down and try to read. this guy wasn't boasting.

pawe
01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
If the Suns treat the Spurs as rivals because they cant beat them.
What team should the Spurs view as rivals? Mavs, Lakers, Bucks?

Phoenix is a mystery, they always manage to hang tough with the Spurs but just crumbles down towards the end. They have veterans, high BB IQ players and are freakishly athletic. What the fuck is wrong with that team?

Yorae
01-30-2009, 10:37 PM
I think they just couldn't figure out manu and tony.....

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2009, 12:11 AM
i think i have to use wayne brady's line " does wayne brady have to choke a bitch?"

Rogue
01-31-2009, 12:38 AM

quote one's own post, just to double print the BS.

mavs were built with no particular aim at any other team, they were built to beat any other team which underestimates mavs. look what the horse is always stepping on, or what is nailed on its hipposideros.