PDA

View Full Version : Doug Collins the idiot

thekingrobert
01-30-2009, 03:53 AM
we all know this guy hates the Spurs but listening to hi throw the wrong info over and over is past annoying the Spurs are 2-0 win allowing over 100 points. so we didn't win in double OT against the TWolves, so Parker didnt hit a last second shot against Philly, so we didn't beat Oklahoma, Memphis and Dallas in December all when they scored over 100....get that assclown off the air already

50Bestspurever
01-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Im a SPUR's fan since the 70's and I have learned to not get expect respect from a national level (when it comes to the broadcasters). That is knowledge as a SPURS fan you are issued at birth. But I hate, and hate is a strong word, doug collins or any other national media idiot calling a SPURS game. Time and time again collins and his other idiot mouth pieces, ruin a spurs broadcast. IE...telling you what the other team has done wrong instead of the reality of what the SPURS made them do. The Spurs shawdow has stretched itself far to the coaching ranks, please for the love of god make it to the play by play calling table. God bless america and god bless Tim Duncan, the alpha and the omega of the SPURS.

dmac
01-30-2009, 10:51 AM
At least his statue will look good at Illinois State.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah I heard that from him last night and I was telling my wife that the Spurs beat Dallas 133-126 in 2OT and Minnesota 129-125 in 2OT this season. Where did he get his stats from?

Also, they beat Philly 108-106 and I forgot about the Oklahoma City game?

Their stats guy should be fired!! :lol

:flag:

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I dont think Collins hates the Spurs. I actually think he likes them but just likes other teams better. Last night it was obvious the commentators wanted the Suns to win but the Spurs won again and i didnt see any obvious indication from the announcers that they were unprofessional. I think they did a decent job.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 11:21 AM
I dont think Collins hates the Spurs. I actually think he likes them but just likes other teams better. Last night it was obvious the commentators wanted the Suns to win but the Spurs won again and i didnt see any obvious indication from the announcers that they were unprofessional. I think they did a decent job.

I agree. I like Doug Collins. But he lives in Phoenix and he knows the angst that city has against the Spurs.

Last night's game was important to the Suns and they fell short. The Suns admitted in the Phoenix media it was an important regular season game and Doug Collins mentioned that several times during the broadcast.

Too bad they lost!!

:flag:

tp2021
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Marck Jackson FTL

Flux451
01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
At least he is unbiased.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Almost all the national commentators suck, but Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy have definitely lowered the bar so I'll put up with Doug Collins.

They should have buyer's remorse with JVG, not only is he not amusing anymore they're more amused/entertained by themselves and their own banter instead of covering the actual game. :bang At least Doug Collins' makes an effort to ask dumb questions about what's going on and being clueless about the rules, like that foul off the ball moment.

tp2021
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I love JVG because of how he makes Jackson look like an idiot. Also I think he's funny on his own anyway.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
doug collins is probably just reading stats handed to him.

tp2021
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
At least he admitted that he hadn't watched Manu play much this year before offering his take.

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Man i miss Walton...:(

tp2021
01-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Man i miss Walton...:(

+1

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I even liked Tom Tolbert....that dude was funny.

bigdog
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Bill Walton FTW. I actually like JVG, but Mark Jackson sucks, as well as Doug Collins.

baseline bum
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Doug Collins is really negative; he's always harping on missed shots as if players should shoot 100% or something. I'd hate to have ever been one of his players.

Rummpd
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
TNT coverage is simply overall poor these days and ESPN if even worse most of the time. Better to mute the sound and pick up the game on NBA audio pass and hope you get the Spurs crew instead of some of the God awful other local announcers.

You have to love the Jim Beam Girl Friend commercial though!

EJK5032
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
I liked when Parker schooled Barbosa and Kevin Harlan got all excited and in the background you could hear Collins going "Ohhh no....ohhh noooo!" hahaha

Doug Collins
01-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Fuck you guys, I love the spurs!

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not a fan of Doug Collins, he's too biased to elite swingmen and the Suns..

most national announcers suck though..Bill Walton is by far the best, it's not even close..I love JVG though, he speaks the truth for the most part..Mike Fratello is pretty good too..

a lot of horrible ones though..Reggie Miller is absolutely horrible..Mark Jackson is by far the worst..it's difficult to understand anything he says, since he always has Kobe's balls in his mouth..

Doug Collins
01-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Reggie Miller is by far the worst.

spursncowboys
01-30-2009, 08:21 PM
I cannot stand Wilbon or Steven A Smith. Those guys act like the US is only on the Atlantic time zone. I remember when the Eastern Conference barely had teams over .500 and all they would talk about was the Nets or Philly. Media bias is nothing new to me either. I remember growing up watching NBA Inside Stuff and waiting to see about the Spurs and I was lucky if they even showed the Spurs' scores better yet a dunk from Robinson or Willie Anderson.
What I like the most is when these rejects talk about the Spurs and it is obvious to us real fans that not only do they not know what they are talking about but they are using cleches from past seasons.

m33p0
01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
he did call bronbron an idiot. :lol

SpurYank
01-31-2009, 11:54 AM
The real insult for us Spurs fans who live up here is when there is absolutely nothing in the sports page after a Spurs win the night before but a change in the standings and the score listed alongside all the others. The one who really hates the Spurs is Tony Kornheiser. He will say it out loud that the only teams that should make the playoffs every year are his NY teams and the Lakers. They scoffed at the Spurs supporters' predictions that the Spurs would beat Cleveland in 5 games. I was in seventh heaven when it happened in four.

Still, there are many people up here who love the Spurs. Many remember Timmy from his college days and remain fans of his, if not the Spurs. When people comment on my license plate (SASPURS) they say "Oh, that's where Duncan plays, isn't it?"

FreeMason
01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
They may not like the Spurs, they may not even want to acknowledge the Spurs, but everyone respects the Spurs.

weebo
01-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Hubie Brown is pretty good.

Killakobe81
01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Spurs announcers are not good Im sorry to break it to yall I personally like Hubie Brown he may be old and unhip but he knows more basketball than all of us on here combined (myself included) and it shows in his analysis he breaks down plays and i dont think he is biased and he doesnt come across as "well back in my day" type guys ...
And none of them are as good as young Chick n STU RIP chicky baby
But guys i dont mind are ...Kevin Harlan, Doug and Marv dont care much for Fratello

Killakobe81
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Hubie Brown is pretty good.

Smart man you beat me 2 it ...