PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix is bad

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd like to be happy about the Spurs winning 2 out of 3 on this road trip but the truth is, we just beat a banged up and injured Jazz team (barely) and then beat a bad Phoenix team.

Have you ever seen a Phoenix team play so uninspired before ? It seems like no one on that team believes in Terry Porter or the front office. Who knew that Steve Kerr would completely dismantle one of the most entertaining teams in league history ?

We all know they weren't going to get by the Spurs but at least they could have gone out in style. They have now reduced themselves to a bunch of confused, talented guys who look absolutely lost on the court. Porter's days are numbered.

Talk about being completely pwned. The Spurs success has led the Suns to completely strip their identity.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2009, 10:15 AM
If it shuts up Suns fan, I'm happy.

CubanMustGo
01-30-2009, 10:17 AM
This would be the same "bad", "uninspired" Suns team that moved the ball better than it has in weeks and didn't commit a turnover in the first half?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:17 AM
If it shuts up Suns fan, I'm happy.

When were we ever saying anything :lol?

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 10:18 AM
This would be the same "bad", "uninspired" Suns team that moved the ball better than it has in weeks and didn't commit a turnover in the first half?

I get it. Baby steps right ?

raspsa
01-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I wonder if Suns fans are paranoid enough to suspect Kerr may have been planted to sow chaos in Phoenix?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I find it funny all the Suns fans I know are blaming Porter for the loss acting like he caused all the problems and acting like they always beat San Antonio with D'antoni. The truth is Nash and Amare are the reason why they lose to SA.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2009, 10:21 AM
When were we ever saying anything :lol?

last season (before the spurs-suns playoffs series). pwnt.

btw, grant hill had a good game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:24 AM

Well I wasn't saying anything but I understand what you're talking about.

And yes, Grant Hill and Shaq are the two players on this sorry team that want to win games. I feel bad for Grant who could have chosen his team based on how little he's being paid. He deserves better than this crap.

Amare and Nash, like always, put up great numbers on the Spurs, but played extremely incomplete heartless games on defense.

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I find it funny all the Suns fans I know are blaming Porter for the loss acting like he caused all the problems and acting like they always beat San Antonio with D'antoni. The truth is Nash and Amare are the reason why they lose to SA.

Uninspired = Nash

Lost = Amare

Nash is still bitter at the personnel moves and Amare can't seem to find his role on this team. They are trying to change the identity of this team and seem to be getting resistance from the players.

They've gone this far, they need to make the extra step and trade Amare for a better defender and rebounding 4. I'm not sure who you could trade Nash for but unless they really turn things around, I'm not so sure how committed he will be to Porter's system.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Uninspired = Nash

Lost = Amare

Nash is still bitter at the personnel moves and Amare can't seem to find his role on this team. They are trying to change the identity of this team and seem to be getting resistance from the players.

They've gone this far, they need to make the extra step and trade Amare for a better defender and rebounding 4. I'm not sure who you could trade Nash for but unless they really turn things around, I'm not so sure how committed he will be to Porter's system.

Both need to be traded bottom line. People hate how close Kerr and Sarver are, but their great relationship is a blessing in disguise because it enables Kerr to do whatever is necessary and not worry about making job saving moves.

If people think firing Terry Porter and promoting Alvan Gentry to head coach and hiring Ivaroni as head assistant will put this team in contention, I don't know what to say. It's just dumb that every year people fabricate a new excuse for Amare and Nash.

dmac
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM

Hill looked 23 years old again. (almost)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Can the Suns trade me and Grant Hill to the Spurs and their fan base for Udoka and a fan no one likes?

I know I have no value but I'm sure Grant Hill makes up for that.

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Both need to be traded bottom line. People hate how close Kerr and Sarver are, but their great relationship is a blessing in disguise because it enables Kerr to do whatever is necessary and not worry about making job saving moves.

If people think firing Terry Porter and promoting Alvan Gentry to head coach and hiring Ivaroni as head assistant will put this team in contention, I don't know what to say. It's just dumb that every year people fabricate a new excuse for Amare and Nash.

I think Portland has some nice pieces that Phoenix could move Amare and Nash for.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
I think Portland has some nice pieces that Phoenix could move Amare and Nash for.

Portland is too smart to trade Oden or Lamarcus for Amaretard. They also wouldn't want Nash, all Nash is in normal offense is a glorified Steve Blake, whom they have.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
All I have to say is.......

THANK GOD FOR THE CARDINALS!!!!!

honestfool84
01-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Can the Suns trade me and Grant Hill to the Spurs and their fan base for Udoka and a fan no one likes?

I know I have no value but I'm sure Grant Hill makes up for that.

i'll take it!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Hill looked 23 years old again. (almost)

He picked the Spurs apart in the 3rd quarter. Of course that means he shouldn't touch the ball in the fourth quarter and it should be forced to Amare. duh. Just like game 5 last year, Diaw is destroying the Spurs, so of course that means Amare gets all the 4th quarter touches.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
i'll take it!

I would throw Shaq in if the salaries matched, my most humble apologies. Imagine that though....

Parker
Mason
Hill
Duncan
Shaq

Hill
Manu
Bowen
Bonner
Thomas

I'm pretty sure they would never lose a game.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
I'd like to be happy about the Spurs winning 2 out of 3 on this road trip but the truth is, we just beat a banged up and injured Jazz team (barely) and then beat a bad Phoenix team.

Have you ever seen a Phoenix team play so uninspired before ? It seems like no one on that team believes in Terry Porter or the front office. Who knew that Steve Kerr would completely dismantle one of the most entertaining teams in league history ?

We all know they weren't going to get by the Spurs but at least they could have gone out in style. They have now reduced themselves to a bunch of confused, talented guys who look absolutely lost on the court. Porter's days are numbered.

Talk about being completely pwned. The Spurs success has led the Suns to completely strip their identity.

It seems that some Spurs fans wants to have it both ways! What if the Spurs had lost to both Phoenix and Utah....then everybody would be complaining about that!

These were quality road wins for late Jan especially after losing to the Lakers.

Utah is tough to beat at home regardless of how many people they have injured and they had the 2nd best home record in the West going into that game.

The Suns said this was an important game last night against the Spurs and they had several days off to get ready for the Spurs and they still lost. The Spurs have been the Suns twice on their home floor. I write that is a good win.

Also, last season the Suns had made the trade for Shaq about this time and played the Spurs and won the game. It gave the Suns confidence for the 2nd half of the season.

So, I have to disagree with you that those two wins were not good wins. They were and seeing Manu play well last night will give the Spurs more confidence as they head into the RRT.

:flag:

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
To be fair, there was a short moment in 2007 where we were a little concerned with the Suns, in 2008, weren't we a little worried about them.

Kerr really did fuck up this team in terms of excitement and maintaining a cohesive unit. They don't even have a philosophy anymore. No shooters. No real uses of roles for the players outside of Nash, Amare, Shaq and Grant Hill.

I don't know who's worse Phoenix or Dallas.

NFGIII
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM

IMHO the style of ball Porter wants to play is 180 degrees opposite to these two players capabilities. Both would thrive in NY and with Nellie. Shaq can't play the style that Nash and Amare like to play with any consistency.

Nash = no D but is a wonderful open floor PG who struggles in a half court slow down type of game. He is one of the best passers in the game with a very good offensive game. When D'Antoni was there this team was one of the most exciting and entertaining teams I've seen in decades. I just loved to watch them run and gun.

Amare = low BBIQ and suspect D who needs a Nash type of PG to get him the ball on the move and with the proper spacing in order to operate. When that happens you see dunks galore along with open looks all night long. He has a great offensive game and is an unbelievalbe talent but like Nash struggles in the half court game.

This isn't a good match and something has got to give in Phoenix. Either can the half court stuff and run or trade one or both.

Nash brings the least due to age and reoccuring injuries...chronic back.. but the Suns might get something for him.

Amare would bring much more. I'm sure many a GM would take a chance on him. Many GMs over the years seem to have the opinion that "if this particular player played for me in my system he woudld turn around and be better". Doesn't always work but Amare's talent would probably blind many to his faults.

Dude needs to be in a run and gun atmosphere. Frankly what you see from him is what you are going to get from here on out. I really don't see him improving drastically - playing much better D with a higher BBIQ - at all.

Though watching him and Nash play 7 second ball is lots of fun.

tmtcsc
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
It seems that some Spurs fans wants to have it both ways! What if the Spurs had lost to both Phoenix and Utah....then everybody would be complaining about that!

So, I have to disagree with you that those two wins were not good wins. They were and seeing Manu play well last night will give the Spurs more confidence as they head into the RRT.

Ok, first things first. I didn't say they weren't good wins. Any win is a good win. I'm thrilled we've won close games but we've won a lot of close games against sub par teams that we should be winning easily. So, to take a quote from Pop, some of these wins are Fool's Gold.

I see the regular season as nothing more than an extended pre-season to the playoffs. We play 82 games to get to our highest level. Utah had no Boozer and no Kirelenko. Sure, tough place to play, but we were supposed to win that game. Phoenix ? Like I said, they are bad. They don't have it together right now.

If we can beat New Orleans in our own house, decisively (8-10 pts)and play solid D, then I'll be happy. Right now, it's all about progressing and getting better.

Last night was more about Phoenix being bad than us being good, IMO. How do you intentionally foul Bruce Bowen with under a minute to go and not know that its a technical foul shot and the ball back ?

Also, what the hell was up with the hack a Bruce ? It came at an odd time and just didn't make sense. That's where I was going with this thread.

z0sa
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok, first things first. I didn't say they weren't good wins. Any win is a good win. I'm thrilled we've won close games but we've won a lot of close games against sub par teams that we should be winning easily. So, to take a quote from Pop, some of these wins are Fool's Gold.

I see the regular season as nothing more than an extended pre-season to the playoffs. We play 82 games to get to our highest level. Utah had no Boozer and no Kirelenko. Sure, tough place to play, but we were supposed to win that game. Phoenix ? Like I said, they are bad. They don't have it together right now.

If we can beat New Orleans in our own house, decisively (8-10 pts)and play solid D, then I'll be happy. Right now, it's all about progressing and getting better.

Last night was more about Phoenix being bad than us being good, IMO. How do you intentionally foul Bruce Bowen with under a minute to go and not know that its a technical foul shot and the ball back ?

Also, what the hell was up with the hack a Bruce ? It came at an odd time and just didn't make sense. That's where I was going with this thread.

If Bruce hadn't of knocked down the freethrows, it was perfect timing.. problem is, their style of play is up and down still, even with shaq, because of nash and amare even when they are holding back. Fouling doesn't help them even half as much as the Spurs and their slowed down, defensive style of game.

td4mvp21
01-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Eh, they are both still good teams. They aren't great or strong teams but they are good and generally good teams get most of their wins at home, so it was a good pair of road wins.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
IMHO the style of ball Porter wants to play is 180 degrees opposite to these two players capabilities. Both would thrive in NY and with Nellie. Shaq can't play the style that Nash and Amare like to play with any consistency.

Nash = no D but is a wonderful open floor PG who struggles in a half court slow down type of game. He is one of the best passers in the game with a very good offensive game. When D'Antoni was there this team was one of the most exciting and entertaining teams I've seen in decades. I just loved to watch them run and gun.

Amare = low BBIQ and suspect D who needs a Nash type of PG to get him the ball on the move and with the proper spacing in order to operate. When that happens you see dunks galore along with open looks all night long. He has a great offensive game and is an unbelievalbe talent but like Nash struggles in the half court game.

This isn't a good match and something has got to give in Phoenix. Either can the half court stuff and run or trade one or both.

Nash brings the least due to age and reoccuring injuries...chronic back.. but the Suns might get something for him.

Amare would bring much more. I'm sure many a GM would take a chance on him. Many GMs over the years seem to have the opinion that "if this particular player played for me in my system he woudld turn around and be better". Doesn't always work but Amare's talent would probably blind many to his faults.

Dude needs to be in a run and gun atmosphere. Frankly what you see from him is what you are going to get from here on out. I really don't see him improving drastically - playing much better D with a higher BBIQ - at all.

Though watching him and Nash play 7 second ball is lots of fun.

The reason it's beyond their capabilities is because they never gave it a chance, don't even try on defense, and didn't work on becoming better half court players at all. Nash is more concerned with avenging D'antoni and his butt buddy Bell by sucking it up.

Jeff Van Gundy said it best a few months ago, he basically said it's a sad sign for Phoenix that their two longest tenured players are unwilling to get better in certain areas to help the suns get to the next level.

MarHill
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM

Well...I misunderstood you if you didn't write they were not good wins. Still Utah and Phoenix are not Oklahoma City and Memphis. They are teams in playoff contention and have plus .500 records.

Furthermore...the Spurs could have easily lost in Utah because they did have the second best home record in the West and people would have posted the Spurs were affected by losing to the Lakers and going overboard about the team sucking.

Also, the Suns admitted publicly in the local media last night's game was important and Doug Collins mentioned that several times during the broadcast. So the Spurs were going to get Phoenix's best shot and to win it was a good win for late January in the regular season.

Lastly, I believe fans really overrate point differential in the NBA regular season. I got into this discussion on another forum. But, I think it's an overrated stat. I would rather the Spurs play well and win close games than beat someone by 30.

Also, the 82 game season is a grind and bad teams can and will beat good teams during the regular season. The Bobcats beat the Lakers this week in overtime in LA. So it will happen more often than not.

Still, I think both wins were good wins and gives the Spurs confidence going into the RRT.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Amare = low BBIQ and suspect D who needs a Nash type of PG to get him the ball on the move and with the proper spacing in order to operate.

Smartest sentence on this thread. Amare isn't a franchise big man who can create his own shot, and to boot is a defensive liability. The Suns should trade him regardless of the route they take.

And another thing, the Suns have the 4th highest offensive rating in basketball. The problem here is DEFENSE, I know Porter is being criticized for the offensive struggles they're supposedly having. People are so used to seeing Final score Suns 110 opponent 102 that they think the offense was the problem when the final score is Suns 100 opponent 102.

If you're scoring 104 on the Spurs and losing, offense ain't the issue.

vicphoenix13
01-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Portland is too smart to trade Oden or Lamarcus for Amaretard. They also wouldn't want Nash, all Nash is in normal offense is a glorified Steve Blake, whom they have.

Glorified Steve Blake? Seriously? Your just ranting now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Glorified Steve Blake? Seriously? Your just ranting now.

The way Nash is playing this year he's not a whole lot better, look what happened in their last meeting:

Blake: 8 for 15, 22 points, 10 assists, 4 steals, 0 turnovers
Nash: 5 for 14, 15 points, 11 assists, 1 steal, 6 turnovers.

50 cent
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Getting waxed at home by Chicago.

What a shitty team. :lmao

ducks
01-31-2009, 11:22 PM
nash 7 turnovers