PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I watch a Suns Spurs game

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I feel like Charlie Brown thinking he's really going to kick the football this time. Even though I knew SA is a better team, I thought Phoenix would win tonight.

Then there was that inevitable late 3rd quarter run engineered by Manu to get the Spurs in the driver's seat. That's about when Charlie Brown whiffs and falls flat on his ass.

hater
01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
funniest thing is Porter's hack-a-Bowen deflated any momentum the Suns were having. :lmao

brilliant!

BlackSwordsMan
01-30-2009, 11:34 AM
porter misses being a spur that much?

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Bowen told them to SUCK IT!!

pauls931
01-30-2009, 01:42 PM
funniest thing is Porter's hack-a-Bowen deflated any momentum the Suns were having. :lmao

brilliant!

One of the dumber things I've seen in recent history. Slows down the game, plays into the Spurs hand, Porter does not know how to run this team.

That said, I swore I saw some backspin on shaq's freethrows recently. WTF is that? It actually seems to help a bit since his shots actually bounce around a bit on the rim rather than the hard brick shoot he usually does.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
I really can't believe it but the Spurs own the Suns. Throw in the Hornets too.

I don't get why it's like that but it is. Suns have Nash, Shaq, Amare, that should get you at least 1 game versus the Spurs or Hornets.

At least D'Antoni didn't get owned by the Spurs in the regular season, he's probably laughing his ass off.

pauls931
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I really can't believe it but the Spurs own the Suns. Throw in the Hornets too.

I don't get why it's like that but it is. Suns have Nash, Shaq, Amare, that should get you at least 1 game versus the Spurs or Hornets.

At least D'Antoni didn't get owned by the Spurs in the regular season, he's probably laughing his ass off.

I just think it comes down to the wrong coach and management trying to force a style with the wrong players. When the suns started pushing it things got interesting. When they go into slow boring halfcourt sets, they'd turn the ball over and get forced shots against the clock (in the 2nd half).

It's frustrating because the system underutilizes just about every player except shaq. Barbosa doesn't get much, they limit the pick and roll with nash and amare, nash despite getting high assist numbers doesn't look fluid, richardson was a non-factor. It's amazing they have the skill to make this group of players lose.

Allanon
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I just think it comes down to the wrong coach and management trying to force a style with the wrong players. When the suns started pushing it things got interesting. When they go into slow boring halfcourt sets, they'd turn the ball over and get forced shots against the clock (in the 2nd half).

It's frustrating because the system underutilizes just about every player except shaq. Barbosa doesn't get much, they limit the pick and roll with nash and amare, nash despite getting high assist numbers doesn't look fluid, richardson was a non-factor. It's amazing they have the skill to make this group of players lose.

Richardson probably would be a stud playing under Mike D'Antoni.

I read this quote at a Suns forum, had me cracking up....

Firing D'Antoni was like finally letting go of the hottest girlfriend you ever had because she was dumb as rocks and you just couldn't take it anymore despite the best sex you'll probably ever have in your life.

ElNono
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
It's like watching the same Broadway play over and over again... There's the drama, but the ending is always the same...

baseline bum
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I feel like Charlie Brown thinking he's really going to kick the football this time. Even though I knew SA is a better team, I thought Phoenix would win tonight.

Then there was that inevitable late 3rd quarter run engineered by Manu to get the Spurs in the driver's seat. That's about when Charlie Brown whiffs and falls flat on his ass.

LMAO @ the Spurs 7-0 run as soon as Porter started that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
It's like watching the same Broadway play over and over again... There's the drama, but the ending is always the same...

Ya know what's sad is every year when the 1993 NBA finals game 6 is on ESPN classic I watch it at the edge of my seat expecting Paxson's 3 to not go in.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Right, cause D'antoni's system was so dominant against the Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
01-30-2009, 04:53 PM
i hope the arizona team loses in the superbowl

a state full of bandwagon fans.....i cant tolerate that shit

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Ginobili still has it

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 05:01 PM

fuck off.

pawe
01-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Not everyone!
I stuck with the Cards even after the humiliating loss against the Bears on monday night football and everyone here in PHX hated the team.

And of course, Ive been a longtime Spurs fan no matter what happened with the team.

Biggems
01-31-2009, 12:54 AM
why is it that either under DAntoni or Porter, the Suns seem to never allow their bench players to develop? Why draft em, if you arent going to let them play?

IMO, they should use November and December to allow their bench to get seasoning and to work with different lineups. Then after those first two months, they could set their rotation for the rest of the season and work to make a push. By then, they should know which bench players they can count on for quality minutes.

But no, they merely use the same 6-7 players year in and year out and never develop anyone else.

Biggems
01-31-2009, 12:59 AM

A state full of bandwagon fans? Those fans deserve to be happy after all the BS they have had to deal with.....with Bidwell, the Lomax curse (all those injuries year after year to key players), and the crappy teams. Ever since the Cards have moved to Zona, they have been slowly building a fan base.....and let's be honest, most fans become fans because the team is local or the team is a winner. I have notices that Zona fans are either Cowboys fans or Cards fans.