PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Darkhorse

spurspokesman
01-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Despite our frontcourt problems and all our other problems we had this season I believe our spurs are right where they need to be. It seems every time these spurs are looked past they find A way to play well at the right time and do big things. We have arguably the best backcourt and the best damn big man money can buy and A few vets that know how to get it done. And we are well prepared to win close games. I know theyre is not really much out theyre right now to help our cause but in this league you never know.I truly believe the FO knows well that this team is capable of getting number 5 and will try something or anything they can if it comes along to get Tim some help. Can't wait to see what they do or dont do and how the season plays out.:ihit

PDXSpursFan
01-30-2009, 01:48 PM
What we have today + Ginobli getting to 100% would've been enought to win a championship last year. This year however, the Fakers have raised the bar with the addition of Bynum + Ariza. We need a real center (starter-quality/7-footer) to win the WCF this year.

spurspokesman
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Im with you on that.

xtremesteven33
01-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Im with you on that.

??????

Hahahaha.....

NFGIII
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
As of now the Spurs are a darkhorse but with time to improve. And they will definitely improve in the second half of the season. As mentioned in other threads I get the feeling that Pop has been experimenting with the D and when the stretch run comes we will see more of the old style D that we'll all come accustomed to. Less double teams and more man to man with Bowen most likely starting. Another CIA Pop move.

Whether the Spurs trade for a big this year remains to be seen. I really don't know what is going to happen regarding that situation. Time will tell.

I just want to see the Spurs continually improve the D and start excecuting down the strech more often. It looks like we are gaining momentum and this bodes well for the Spurs.

FreeMason
01-30-2009, 04:18 PM
It will take shots falling and Manu getting a min of 25 pts a game to have a good shot at winning a ring.

hater
01-30-2009, 04:21 PM
as long as Turnobili doesn't show up. we have a chance

EricB
01-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Do we want a trade? yes.

Do we need a trade? maybe

Is it feasible? probobly not.

People that keep demanding trades need to come to the realization that its just not that easy to make trades, and to also stop doing the idiotic vaughn, udoka, Oberto for ........ threads.

STX_21
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry, the team is not good enough as it is. We will not get past LA without an Althletic Rebounder/Defender at Center. They beat us last year without Bynum & Ariza. Ginobili was banged up and we have gotten better guards, but Bynum is the game changer here.

We need that big for LA/Boston.

exstatic
01-31-2009, 12:36 PM
:lmao @ the Ariza fear. He scores 9ppg. If Bowen does that, you people call him a scrub, and he's a WAY better defender than Ariza.

As for Bynum, he has no playoff track record. He may be as big a wuss as Gasol in the spotlight.

intlspurshk
01-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry Lakers can beat SPURS in 6 games with their full line up. I hate to admit but what the above posters stated are correct. Let's hope they lose Odom and Ariza next season

exstatic
01-31-2009, 01:10 PM
This Laker squad is talented, but they have shown plenty of vulnerability in the playoffs. Just ask Boston. On paper, the Lakers should have won that series. They are younger and more athletic, and had the MVP on their side. Good thing the games aren't played on paper.

m33p0
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
just give Fabs 5 minutes and he'll have Bynum ejected. :lol