PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Barkley

spursncowboys
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I cannot stand Peyton and Webber. Even if they were Spurs fans, they are still morons. It is as if TNT told to act wild. They over-simplify the popularity that Barkley had and just assume because he was loud and mostly unscripted that that is the winning formula. The reason why Barkley was popular had more to do with his unbias opinion and his knowledge of the game. Mix that with his chemistry with Kenny and the white guy.
I try and watch the half-time show and the two extras just sound like a bunch of idiots.

SenorSpur
01-30-2009, 04:53 PM
I've suffered through them on NBATV for a good portion of the season. And frankly, I can't watch them anymore. It's barbershop trash talk - devoid of cuss words.

Tully365
01-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I cannot stand Peyton and Webber. Even if they were Spurs fans, they are still morons. It is as if TNT told to act wild. They over-simplify the popularity that Barkley had and just assume because he was loud and mostly unscripted that that is the winning formula. The reason why Barkley was popular had more to do with his unbias opinion and his knowledge of the game. Mix that with his chemistry with Kenny and the white guy.
I try and watch the half-time show and the two extras just sound like a bunch of idiots.

:lol "Kenny and the white guy"

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
When Chris Webber was doing his french impression of Tony Parker it was like hearing commentary from a classroom full of fifth graders. Gary and Webber laughing at their own jokes.

They should have an obscurity clause for these retirees like Payton because I don't expect them to be very sharp and the less they have to speak in front of the cameras the better it is for their dignity. Reggie Miller for some reason I've developed an immunity toward, no matter how horrible he is, but Barkley should be the only exception to the rule when it comes to needing to hear this type of candor.

EJK5032
01-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Webber is okay.......Payton is a thug, he has no business being a tv commentator, unless it's a streetball game.

zinagray
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Why is Barkley gone? Is it cause he got a DUI or what he said about his DUI? He needs to come back!!!

Flux451
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Why is Barkley gone? Is it cause he got a DUI or what he said about his DUI? He needs to come back!!!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Charles Barkley is taking a leave of absence from the broadcast booth.
The announcement by Turner Sports came Friday, hours after police said the 45-year-old former NBA star was legally drunk when he was arrested Dec. 31 on suspicion of drunken driving in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Test results show Barkley had a blood-alcohol level at .149, nearly twice the legal limit of .08 in Arizona.
Barkley will be off the air for a minimum of several weeks, and no return date has been set, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it.
Barkley was stopped by a Gilbert officer working a regional DUI task force shortly after he left a popular nightclub at about 1:30 a.m. He failed field sobriety tests but was cooperative.
He was booked and released at a field command post and later issued a statement saying he was disappointed he put himself in that situation.
"When I spoke with Charles, he was apologetic for the events that transpired and it was obvious he understood the significance of this situation," said David Levy, president of Turner Sports, said in a statement. "This is an important time for Charles as he deals with the legal and personal issues that confront him. Charles is a valued part of the Turner Sports organization, and we are concerned for his well-being.

Rogue
01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
don't kiss the bottom of a guy who has kissed a donkey's bottom.

bigfan
01-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey, if Marv Albert can do games why the hell cant Charles Barkley do his show? He screwed up, he knows it. Bring him back ASAP!

spursncowboys
01-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Barkley early on his career said he is not a role model. I respect the fact that he lives his life how he wants. He has a gambling problem and he drinks and drives. But he has the best commentary in sports, aside from Jim Rome.