PDA

View Full Version : David West most likely back tonight

Pelicans78
01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Julian Wright is going back to the bench. Overall I'm happy he's back, but I'm concerned the offense won't run as smoothly as it has the last 5 games, especially with Peja getting better looks. Hopefully D-West will be a part of the offense instead of disrupting it. His presence will help on defense, but he needs to rebound better.

BRHornet45
01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
great sons ... David "I want MY NAME in the paper" West truly did have his name in the paper yesterday with the all star selection. I'm sure he will still be hyped up about making the all star team and will try to be the star as usual tonight by shooting every time he touches the ball.

"to hell with anyone that is open!!! I don't care if I am being double and triple teamed I'm going to throw up a brick anyways and dat ref BETTER call a foul cause I made da all star team!!! I'm David fucking West!!!"

Shank
01-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Ok.

BlackSwordsMan
01-30-2009, 07:51 PM
sons david west needs rest to show tim duncan how to be a power forward during the all-star game

BRHornet45
01-30-2009, 07:57 PM
sons david west needs rest to show tim duncan how to be a power forward during the all-star game

son West will be too busy riding the bench during the all star game taking notes from Duncan. The first note he should take from Duncan is "there is no I in team" ..... pssss I wish

Rogue
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
my son West will be too busy riding the bench during the all star game taking notes from Duncan. The first note he should take from Duncan is "there is no I in team" ..... pssss I wish
Congrats you, Mr West. Your son David have been selected to all-star game again, though we all think he is overrated and bowen is more deserving of his seat.

BRHornet45
01-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Congrats you, Mr West. Your son David have been selected to all-star game again, though we all think he is overrated and bowen is more deserving of his seat.

LMAO at that. son now that is funny right there!

Pelicans78
01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
West was pretty efficient in limited time with 2 points, 2 boards, and 3 assists on 1-2 shooting in 5 minutes of action.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 12:11 AM
West comes back, Hornets lose... just sayin

blackhole

Pelicans78
01-31-2009, 12:13 AM
West comes back, Hornets lose... just sayin

blackhole

Can't argue with that. The offense totally sucked tonight against one of the worse defensive teams in the league. Totally stagnant tonight. No ball movement, no motion, just isolation with West and Paul. Peja, Butler, and Posey were all non-factors.

Warlord23
01-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Son the Hornets better bring their A game tomorrow or they're getting smoked

scanry
01-31-2009, 12:20 AM
I have to agree with the Hornets fans. D West is hurting the Hornets with his Selfishness. He's transforming into the improbable guy named Amare. :wow

Hornets miss Chandler, and i guess they did a good thing by keeping Chandler rather than trading him. I'd rather trade West before he becomes too smuggy.

Oh.. and BTW David West needs to know his role before he takes over this team and becomes a cancer.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 12:25 AM
I have to agree with the Hornets fans. D West is hurting the Hornets with his Selfishness. He's transforming into the improbable guy named Amare. :wow

Hornets miss Chandler, and i guess they did a good thing by keeping Chandler rather than trading him. I'd rather trade West before he becomes too smuggy.

Oh.. and BTW David West needs to know his role before he takes over this team and becomes a cancer.

son thank you for seeing the truth. I get bashed constantly by other Hornets fans for pointing this out. not all, but most Hornets fans refuse to admit the truth about West. All they see is that he averages 19-20 points per game and thats all they care about. West easily eliminates at least an additional 10-12 points per game (if not more) from our other shooters with his selfishness refusing to pass the ball out whenever he is double teamed. oh and yes son the Hornets need Chandler more than they need that trash David West ..... CP3, Chandler, Peja, and the rest of the team have great chemistry together .... West slows everyone down. pure trash sons.

Pelicans78
01-31-2009, 12:35 AM
son thank you for seeing the truth. I get bashed constantly by other Hornets fans for pointing this out. not all, but most Hornets fans refuse to admit the truth about West. All they see is that he averages 19-20 points per game and thats all they care about. West easily eliminates at least an additional 10-12 points per game (if not more) from our other shooters with his selfishness refusing to pass the ball out whenever he is double teamed. oh and yes son the Hornets need Chandler more than they need that trash David West ..... CP3, Chandler, Peja, and the rest of the team have great chemistry together .... West slows everyone down. pure trash sons.

I don't understand why he can't set more screens, pass to the open guy, and rebound. He totally killed our offense tonight. Our offense stunk after the first quarter.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 12:45 AM
I don't understand why he can't set more screens, pass to the open guy, and rebound. He totally killed our offense tonight. Our offense stunk after the first quarter.

son because its ALL about HIM .... its almost as if he doesn't care about making the team better as long as his personal stats look good. we don't call him David "I want MY NAME in the paper" West for nothing!!! LOL

also I find it funny how West couldn't even show up to ANY of the 5 games that he missed to support the team. The road games I understand, but he didn't even show up to the last home game ... yet he was able to play hard tonight? Tyson Chandler is still walking with a limp and he hasn't missed a game yet.

Pelicans78
01-31-2009, 12:58 AM
son because its ALL about HIM .... its almost as if he doesn't care about making the team better as long as his personal stats look good. we don't call him David "I want MY NAME in the paper" West for nothing!!! LOL

also I find it funny how West couldn't even show up to ANY of the 5 games that he missed to support the team. The road games I understand, but he didn't even show up to the last home game ... yet he was able to play hard tonight? Tyson Chandler is still walking with a limp and he hasn't missed a game yet.

Probably pissed when Peja made him look replaceable. He thinks he's the go-to guy on this team. The offense was so good without him. Look at the shooting percentages.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 01:03 AM
Probably pissed when Peja made him look replaceable. He thinks he's the go-to guy on this team. The offense was so good without him. Look at the shooting percentages.

LMAO son ... me and the person that I share season tickets with were saying the same thing at the last game! Whenever Peja was lighting it up I was like ... "I bet David West is pouting at his house right now and already turned the game off" .... bitching to his wife like "but but but I wanted my name in the paper! just wait until I get back. Peja trying to steal my spotlight! i'll show them!!!"

DANILO DRASKOVIC
01-31-2009, 02:34 AM
too bad peja and posey stayed home tonight

cp3 4 mvp
01-31-2009, 04:54 PM

Well i guess for a sore back the best thing to do is to sit still in a chair for 3 hours. You have no clue what byron told him. Byron probably told him to stay home and rest until he can come back.

cp3 4 mvp
01-31-2009, 04:59 PM

Dude chandler is alot worse than west. Chandler might be the biggest pussy in the league. West is not nearly as bad as you are saying. I guess west is the reason that peja and butler were missing WIDE OPEN shots or paul turning the ball over 6 times. West was the only one hustling last night. He was down on the boards working hard in the post. Most of the time on offense there were 3 warriors and only west trying to get an offensive board.

SenorSpur
01-31-2009, 06:27 PM

You guys are Hornets fans, so I respect your opinions. My question to you (sons, I like that), is whether you ever seen Byron Scott address this with Wast? Has anyone ever called him out to move the ball around, post and kick out to open shooters and possibly repost for ball re-entry?

sook
01-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Saw the Golden State game last night..man... the hornets looked pretty bad with him on the floor. I think its his over confidence that is getting to his head, i never liked him though.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Byron SCott has referred to a lack of focus and intensity for his team at times... I think it's referring to West/Chandler in particular.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
You guys are Hornets fans, so I respect your opinions. My question to you (sons, I like that), is whether you ever seen Byron Scott address this with Wast? Has anyone ever called him out to move the ball around, post and kick out to open shooters and possibly repost for ball re-entry?

No son .... unfortunately most people in New Orleans are just like the fan who posted above. They won't dare criticize West because he has made the All Star team twice now. it really is pathetic. All they see is one number and that is his points average.... "but but but! he averages 20 points and made the All Star team!".... that right there is their typical argument.

Anyone with a brain can watch the Hornets night in and night out and see that West's selfish style of playing limits our SG and SF from scoring. watch the game tonight and notice how damn near every shot that Peja and Butler gets will be rushed or someone in their face mostly due to West hogging the ball..... the only time those guys get decent looks is whenever Chris Paul finds them which at times is hard whenever West is calling for the ball EVERY play. West will not set screens or do anything to help other players. Also notice how many times that West will get double teamed (leaving Peja or Butler wide ass open), and instead of passing the ball out to them, he will throw up a brick and whine to the ref he doesn't get the call ....

As far as Byron Scott goes .... well lets just say I expect him to get out coached again as usual tonight by Pop. Scott does next to nothing to change anything and is hell bent on sticking with his game plan.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Saw the Golden State game last night..man... the hornets looked pretty bad with him on the floor. I think its his over confidence that is getting to his head, i never liked him though.

your exactly right son .... like I have said before, its not like I just want to rag on one of our players for no damn reason lol. The bottom line is that West is not the same great player that made the TEAM better like he was last year and its crystal clear to anyone who understands the game of basketball. Last year, West can thank Chris Paul for helping him get into the All Star game. Not that West didn't deserve it because he did, but the truth is that Paul MADE HIM BETTER. West became well known last season for hitting those 17 foot jumpers wide open whenever Paul would find him ... that is what made him an All Star. Now this year he rarely plays that way anymore and would rather pump fake and drive in with the ball or post up and throw up an idiotic shot damn near every possession. Ever since the Mavericks series in the playoffs last year, West has been trying to do WAY TOO much and you can tell that he considers himself the "Go to guy" now.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Well i guess for a sore back the best thing to do is to sit still in a chair for 3 hours. You have no clue what byron told him. Byron probably told him to stay home and rest until he can come back.

son who knows what was said, but all I know is that Tyson is STILL walking around limping yet he hasn't missed a game yet. West played perfectly fine last night, yet he couldn't even show up to support the team 3 nights ago at home??? hmmm ... I find it hard to believe that he was magically healed over night.

BRHornet45
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Dude chandler is alot worse than west. Chandler might be the biggest pussy in the league. West is not nearly as bad as you are saying. I guess west is the reason that peja and butler were missing WIDE OPEN shots or paul turning the ball over 6 times. West was the only one hustling last night. He was down on the boards working hard in the post. Most of the time on offense there were 3 warriors and only west trying to get an offensive board.

son Tyson has had an off year so far. there is no doubt about that .... but you would be a damn fool to believe the Hornets are better off without him. see this is exactly what I am talking about .... most of you guys only see one thing and that is offensive production. Tyson has never been known as an offensive threat and that is fine. he was not brought in to be that. His defensive presence on big guys and rebounding (which has slacked some this year) is priceless .... just ask Spurs fans how well Tyson guarded Duncan. son there is more to a player than points per game. did you not notice how well the offense flowed in those 5 games without West!??

dallaskd
01-31-2009, 09:29 PM
uh-oh hornets are going to drop 2 in a row...