PDA

View Full Version : the Suns are the dumbest team in the NBA

EJK5032
01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
from top to bottom, the Suns' organization is just dumb. Kerr totally blew up their identity, you can tell the team now has no idea what style of ball they are supposed to be playing. at least when D'Antoni was there, they knew who they were and played with confidence. Kerr stupidly brings in Shaq, which clogs the lane for their most talented player, Amare. You don't need Shaq for Duncan, you already had KT, who they stupidly got rid of. The Suns are supposed to be preaching defense now days, yet they traded away their best defensive player, Bell, for more scoring, Richardson? How about just let Nash score some more and let Diaw, now gone, and Hill make more plays as point forwards? Then they sign Matt Barnes? Barnes should have been on the Suns during the D'Antoni years, not now. Amare is stupid for continually falling for the open elbow jumpers instead of taking the ball to the hole. you can tell Porter is in over his head and he's stupid for using Hack-a-Bowen. the Suns are stupid and now hypocrits for whining about Hack-a-Shaq and then using it against us. Nash is stupid for trying to use Hack-a-Bowen in the final 2 minutes, which resulted in a foul shot from the Spurs choice of players, plus they keep the ball. where is the basketball IQ? the Suns really are comical. I hope they hold on for the #7 spot cause after the Spurs sweep them in the first round, we will get some much needed rest.
Go Spurs Go!

Indazone
01-30-2009, 06:31 PM
It's not the entire Suns organization. You can put the blame squarely on the shoulders of one man.

Steve "I got no common sense" Kerr

jack sommerset
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Agreed they are DUMB. What a line up.They should be 2,3,4 in the West.

hater
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
you know something is seriously wrong when the GM is quoted as saying "if this doesn't work... I'm an idiot"

Rogue
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
For start I don't think suns are really as dumb as some of us consider, suns have a sheet of names of talented players and higefamed veterans, but the suns as a team has not yet earned any honour to boast of in front of the 4-ring spurs, or even the rockets.

This team used to be dominated by nash on offense, that's all because they didn't player defense at all. But nash has gradually been losing his control over this team as his own abilities recesses due to aging. Amare is a cute striker but also a semi-nobrainer who doesn't know how to play the game when nash is on the bench. amare is just a soldier of commander nash, but neither of them has the willingness to play some D. championship always belongs to a team instead of 15 guys, even though they are more talented than spurs. celtics' success has inspired many other teams to try implicating the "boston mode" but most of them have failed (like rockets and our mavs). Boston has little talent besides their big three, rondo is just a crap who is luckily polished by KG and Ray Allen, no one expects Pierce to do more to his team though he is the youngest of big three. Pierce keeps gaining weight and is likely to catch up with tmac in body weight, and becomes a shit like tmac someday.

pauls931
01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
you know something is seriously wrong when the GM is quoted as saying "if this doesn't work... I'm an idiot"

I remember that... I pretty much blame kerr at this point too. The team was always almost right there and then he makes a bunch of changes and puts in a coach that doesn't have a clue. I always thought they were a few defensive plays away from greatness.

Kurt Thomas? All I remember is Duncan scoring at will and torturing him game after game. Shaq does 10x better job on duncan. KT does make a great role player fitting into your system very well.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
I remember that... I pretty much blame kerr at this point too. The team was always almost right there and then he makes a bunch of changes and puts in a coach that doesn't have a clue. I always thought they were a few defensive plays away from greatness.

Kurt Thomas? All I remember is Duncan scoring at will and torturing him game after game.

There's more to KT's job on Duncan than that. Timmy, in the playoffs, is gonna drop 30 a game on the Suns regardless. When KT is guarding him, Timmy's offense is limited to Timmy. When Amare is guarding him, Timmy drops 30 AND opens up the floor for his teammates because the team always collapses to help Amare.

pauls931
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
There's more to KT's job on Duncan than that. Timmy, in the playoffs, is gonna drop 30 a game on the Suns regardless. When KT is guarding him, Timmy's offense is limited to Timmy. When Amare is guarding him, Timmy drops 30 AND opens up the floor for his teammates because the team always collapses to help Amare.

I guess a couple years back the suns lost to the spurs because Diaw got suspended...

Pelicans78
01-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I think the Bulls are the worst run team in the league. They had all this young talent and tons of draft picks. They could have had either Brandon Roy or Aldridge, Paul Gasol, and others but wasted it. I'm surprised John Paxon still has a job.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I guess a couple years back the suns lost to the spurs because Diaw got suspended...

They lost to the Spurs that year because the Spurs were a more disciplined team who's best player restrained himself at that moment.

pauls931
01-30-2009, 07:34 PM
They lost to the Spurs that year because the Spurs were a more disciplined team who's best player restrained himself at that moment.

Using your logic, I would have thunk the defensive boost the suns would get not having amare would have put them over the top. :downspin:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Using your logic, I would have thunk the defensive boost the suns would get not having amare would have put them over the top. :downspin:

It almost did. It was by far their best defensive game of the series. Coincidence? I think not.

N4th4n
01-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I agree =(

diego
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
whats crazy is that the suns would have been so much better if they traded amare for KG. KG would have put marion and diaw in line, protected nash on D, made KT and diaw especially look much better, attracted cassel/brown/horry types...

if i were a suns fan, thats what would keep me up at night...

Pelicans78
01-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Amare had so much potential. It seemed he was destined to dominate. Hindsight, KG would have been a good pickup. The Shaq trade is what killed them. Like someone posted earlier, they were better with Amare/Thomas in the frontcourt with Marion.

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2009, 04:01 AM
I think the Bulls are the worst run team in the league. They had all this young talent and tons of draft picks. They could have had either Brandon Roy or Aldridge, Paul Gasol, and others but wasted it. I'm surprised John Paxon still has a job.

same with the clippers had sterling open his wallet and kept the core

cmon now brand, miles, qrich, maggete.....

intlspurshk
01-31-2009, 01:05 PM
I think Suns are just poorly configured. Suns have very good individual pieces but players' strengths and weaknesses are not matched with each other. With a better GM, they can easily fix the problem though.

ducks
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
It's not the entire Suns organization. You can put the blame squarely on the shoulders of one man.

Steve "I got no common sense" Kerr

did steve get amare and diaw suspendion
without that the suns had the best shot at beating spurs that playoff series

Hemotivo
01-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Nash is stupid for trying to use Hack-a-Bowen in the final 2 minutes, which resulted in a foul shot from the Spurs choice of players, plus they keep the ball. where is the basketball IQ? the Suns really are comical. I hope they hold on for the #7 spot cause after the Spurs sweep them in the first round, we will get some much needed rest.
Go Spurs Go!

that foul was really really dumb

Findog
01-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Can't believe we made it this far without mentioning the Kidd-Harris trade. The Suns and Mavs were both in eerily similar situations and made disastrous trades trying to keep their title windows open and short-circuited them in the process. Keep in mind, though, that both teams were fatally flawed as is - the Suns didn't have enough interior D, the Mavs didn't have enough post-scoring and were probably fatally broken in spirit from the back to back Miami/Golden State thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Can't believe we made it this far without mentioning the Kidd-Harris trade. The Suns and Mavs were both in eerily similar situations and made disastrous trades trying to keep their title windows open and short-circuited them in the process. Keep in mind, though, that both teams were fatally flawed as is - the Suns didn't have enough interior D, the Mavs didn't have enough post-scoring and were probably fatally broken in spirit from the back to back Miami/Golden State thing.

How was the Shaq trade bad? This team would be unbelievably crappy w/o Shaq this year, and Marion was gonna leave anyway.