PDA

View Full Version : DET is done

DrHouse
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when the Detroit Pistons would let a team come into their arena, beat the shit out of them physically, and not even put up a fight. This team has no heart, no will to win, and no fire.

Blow them up.

td4mvp21
01-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Can't disagree unfortunately. This is usually the game that Detroit owns at but not anymore.

Pelicans78
01-30-2009, 09:28 PM
This team will let Iverson and Wallace go in the offseason. They may be even worse next season, but hope to land big in the 2010 sweepstakes. They could be ok with Stucky, Rip, and Prince with Maxiell, Affalo, McDyess, and Johnson being solid role players.

sook
01-30-2009, 09:49 PM
lawl, we'll get back up, no harm done.

Lp26
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when the Detroit Pistons would let a team come into their arena, beat the shit out of them physically, and not even put up a fight. This team has no heart, no will to win, and no fire.

Blow them up.

Actually, this is the one game they actually did fight back. Overall, the team has major problems.

JamStone
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
What game did you watch? As Lp just mentioned, this game the Pistons actually did fight after a bad first quarter. You can say the team has no heart or fire, but tonight's game wouldn't be the example to use to support that claim.

Detroit is done. And, they are being blown up. Again, already mentioned, Rasheed and Iverson have expiring contracts and they won't be back next year. That's blowing it up.

If you were going to call out Detroit for lack of heart, you should use games like losing to Washington or Oklahoma City or getting blown out by Minnesota at home as examples. Not tonight's game.

And, I guess that gives you a little relief since one team that the Pistons can still physically dominate is the Lakers.

DrHouse
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
What game did you watch? As Lp just mentioned, this game the Pistons actually did fight after a bad first quarter. You can say the team has no heart or fire, but tonight's game wouldn't be the example to use to support that claim.

Detroit is done. And, they are being blown up. Again, already mentioned, Rasheed and Iverson have expiring contracts and they won't be back next year. That's blowing it up.

If you were going to call out Detroit for lack of heart, you should use games like losing to Washington or Oklahoma City or getting blown out by Minnesota at home as examples. Not tonight's game.

And, I guess that gives you a little relief since one team that the Pistons can still physically dominate is the Lakers.

This thread is not about the Los Angeles Lakers.

Obviously I've struck a nerve by calling your team out, which you must believe to be true somewhere in your heart based on your response. When I saw Maxiel just get thrown to the floor by Perkins it said it all to me. BOS isn't afraid of the bad boy Pistons anymore. Quite frankly, why should they?

JamStone
01-30-2009, 10:20 PM
This is not a thread or messageboard that precludes people from making tangental commentary.

It's not striking a nerve when I agreed with the conclusion. Detroit is done. And, they are being blown up.

Problem is your using tonight as an example was stupid. And, the fact that you didn't know that the team is already being blown up speaks to you talking out of your ass.

I didn't argue that the Pistons should scare anyone. I didn't disagree that they are done. I'm calling you stupid for using tonight as an example and not realizing that they are being blown up already.

But it's also obvious that you're not able to understand that. Why would you be?

RsxPiimp
01-30-2009, 10:51 PM
cracka

Reck
01-30-2009, 10:57 PM
This is not a thread or messageboard that precludes people from making tangental commentary.

It's not striking a nerve when I agreed with the conclusion. Detroit is done. And, they are being blown up.

Problem is your using tonight as an example was stupid. And, the fact that you didn't know that the team is already being blown up speaks to you talking out of your ass.

I didn't argue that the Pistons should scare anyone. I didn't disagree that they are done. I'm calling you stupid for using tonight as an example and not realizing that they are being blown up already.

But it's also obvious that you're not able to understand that. Why would you be?

What do you expect from this douche? He didn't even know how many championships his own team had early in the year.

DrHouse is the worse and most retarded poster on the entire ST site. Dont waste your time explaining shit to him. He'll still believe what his feeble mind is telling him at the end anyhow.

scanry
01-30-2009, 11:26 PM
What do you expect from this douche? He didn't even know how many championships his own team had early in the year.

DrHouse is the worse and most retarded poster on the entire ST site. Dont waste your time explaining shit to him. He'll still believe what his feeble mind is telling him at the end anyhow.

I agree, DrHouse is annoying as fuck and is probably far worse than any Lakers Homer (oops Kobe's bitch) than any other Lakers fan (Lakerluva is still the bigger bitch though).

BTW not every thing is about the Lakers you retard!!! If you want that, why not jack off at Lakersground & Clublakers???

Darthkiller
01-30-2009, 11:27 PM
the sad thing is that this is actually one of the better defense games the pistons had.

DrHouse
01-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I agree, DrHouse is annoying as fuck and is probably far worse than any Lakers Homer (oops Kobe's bitch) than any other Lakers fan (Lakerluva is still the bigger bitch though).

BTW not every thing is about the Lakers you retard!!! If you want that, why not jack off at Lakersground & Clublakers???

This thread is not about the Los Angeles Lakers.

The only people who mentioned the Lakers were Spur fan and Piston fan.

Laker fan did not mention the Lakers in this thread.

ManuTP9
01-30-2009, 11:33 PM
cracka

:lol

Ditty
01-30-2009, 11:41 PM
dumars is a idiot for trading billups i dont know why he saw it as a bad thing that they put up good fights in the confernce finals even if they didnt win all the time they were close

MI21
01-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Please come to the Spurs Rasheed :)

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Everyone knew Detroit was done when they lost to Boston last year. Detroit has capitalized on some luck and a weak East for their run, but the East is much better now and Detroit itself has regressed. Still, the fact that they were able to win a title with Chauncy BILLUPS as their best player is an impressive feat, considering it takes superstars to win in this league.

Ballin Boy
01-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Everyone knew Detroit was done when they lost to Boston last year. Detroit has capitalized on some luck and a weak East for their run, but the East is much better now and Detroit itself has regressed. Still, the fact that they were able to win a title with Chauncy BILLUPS as their best player is an impressive feat, considering it takes superstars to win in this league.

I dont think i would call it luck. Luck wouldve caught up to us and got us stomped out by an 8th seed in the first round.

BlackSwordsMan
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
wallace as a back up PF for duncan

peskypesky
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Why exactly did they get rid of Chauncey Billups?

JamStone
01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Why exactly did they get rid of Chauncey Billups?

To start Rodney Stuckey and get a shitload of cap space for the next few off seasons.

With Billups, did you think they were going to win a title this year? Would they be able to beat Boston with Billups? Cleveland?

They weren't.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
MrsHouse fails again. She's a master of kicking a dog while its down and gloating because LA can cash all the checks she's writing.

What a cunt.

peskypesky
01-31-2009, 02:51 PM
To start Rodney Stuckey and get a shitload of cap space for the next few off seasons.

With Billups, did you think they were going to win a title this year? Would they be able to beat Boston with Billups? Cleveland?

They weren't.

Don't be so touchy, Mr. Defensive. I just asked a question. You sound like the Mavs fans after the Kidd trade.

monosylab1k
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
They had a great run with their team, realized that team went as far as it can go, and now they're rebuilding on the fly. They could get really good again quickly without having to miss the playoffs or go the traditional "blow it up" route. Kinda like what the Mavs did by letting Nash go & trading the Antoine's. But that's what happens when you have a good GM.

JamStone
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Don't be so touchy, Mr. Defensive. I just asked a question. You sound like the Mavs fans after the Kidd trade.

How is that touchy? I answered your question.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I dont think i would call it luck. Luck wouldve caught up to us and got us stomped out by an 8th seed in the first round.

Please, anytime you win a title with Chauncy Billups as your best player, you were lucky.

bdubya
01-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Please, anytime you win a title with Chauncy Billups as your best player, you were lucky.

Did you watch the '04 Finals? Luck had nothing to do with it; heart did.

Very much like the '06 Finals, come to think of it....

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Luck that it was the Lakers who wound up there, Timberwolves and Spurs were better team. Spurs were slain by a fluky bullshit .4 shot, Timberwolves got injured and ran out of gas.

And yeah, Antoine Walker and Jason Williams have alot of heart.

z0sa
01-31-2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah, curbstomping the Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton Lakers worse than the Boston Celtics would the same team four years later had everything to do with luck and nothing to do with the fact the Pistons were a much better team, both mentally and physically. The Lakers almost got swept and you call it luck - ROFL. Honestly.

Let's not forget they beat the team with the most wins in the League that year (Pacers), and a very solid NJ team that had just come off repeat Finals appearances before they even got to face the Media's Consensus Pick for "Best Team of All-Time" (sarcasm but not entirely untrue). The Pistons also had the best Defense in the League.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 05:07 PM
I just call it like I see it.

In 2004 the Spurs were the best team but a fluky bullshit shot doomed them
In 2006 the Spurs were the best team but the Mavs caught some breaks against them, then advanced to the Finals to get shafted by the refs. The Mavs were more deserving than the cursed Heat but the Mavs would've been an anomaly champion.

In the NBA titles usually come in bunches, if a team wins 1 it was probably a fluke.

We will see whether the celtics are a dynasty or were delaying the inevitable King James dynasty by 1 year.

sook
01-31-2009, 05:08 PM
it doesn't matter how good detroit is or any other team for that matter, LA is just eons away and will without a doubt win the title. I would support any decision from the rockets to tank this season.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Eons away? Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers all have 9 losses.

Ballin Boy
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
You cant tell me that wasnt the best starting 5 in the league that year. Billups alone was solid but tay rip sheed and ben with memo okur off the bench and corliss williamson and mike james and linsey hunter ? cmon dude ur arguement is irrelevant.

DrHouse
01-31-2009, 05:42 PM
In a 7 game series the better team always wins.

Ballin Boy
01-31-2009, 05:47 PM
agreed

RocketsfoLife
01-31-2009, 05:51 PM
IM just happy that my team is not the only team with problems

DrHouse
01-31-2009, 05:56 PM
IM just happy that my team is not the only team with problems

IMHO if the Rockets can by some grace of God get healthy for the playoffs they are the only team that could truly take down the Lakers in the WC.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 06:01 PM
You cant tell me that wasnt the best starting 5 in the league that year. Billups alone was solid but tay rip sheed and ben with memo okur off the bench and corliss williamson and mike james and linsey hunter ? cmon dude ur arguement is irrelevant.

What happened, man? How in the world did Okur and James get away?

Cry Havoc
01-31-2009, 06:30 PM

Always.

http://www.nysun.com/pics/2654_large.jpg

sook
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Always.

http://www.nysun.com/pics/2654_large.jpg

lol!!!! :lol

sook
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM

that has to be considered the dumbass post of this thread. Congrats.

If you can look past what billups, so much older at this point, is doing with

Denver I am not surprised with your Bel0ved Mavs threads every night :lol

Ballin Boy
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
What happened, man? How in the world did Okur and James get away?

Unfortunately Okur had to walk if we wanted to resign rasheed. And mike james I guess we didnt quite see the value in him at the time and he went on to have a career season with toronto the next year. we let corliss williamson go to sign mcdyess which turned out to be a great move. But damn it sure would be nice to have okur now. Except him and rasheed would spend the whole game bombing threes together

Vinnie_Johnson
01-31-2009, 07:11 PM

Was Detroit Lucky to go back the next year and take the Spurs to 7 games too?:sleep

DrHouse
01-31-2009, 07:25 PM
DET had the rare combination of 5 legitimate All-Stars in their starting 5. They played incredible lockdown defense and had great chemistry.

It's extremely rare that a team without legitimate superstars ever wins a championship. Go back and look at the history books, what DET did in '04 was an extremely unique accomplishment.

Ballin Boy
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Ben wallace was borderline superstar at that point though man. Everybody was sporting those damn afros. That was the high point of his career. He pretty much made the pistons what they were then.