PDA

View Full Version : warriors! thank you

Ditty
01-31-2009, 12:02 AM
giving the spurs some room another chance for the spurs to get another game lead tommorow :toast

and ill be there

loveforthegame
01-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Warriors played some good defense in this game. That's not a joke either.

Ditty
01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
89-84 5.3 left

west looks like hes going to cry

Ditty
01-31-2009, 12:10 AM
warriors win !

Pelicans78
01-31-2009, 12:10 AM
What do you know. West comes back in the lineup and the offense goes stagnant all of a sudden. Not only does West shoot a terrible percentage, but Peja has a terrible game, Butler and Posey aren't factors offensively. We need to figure out how to incorporate West in the offense without leaving everyone else stagnant.

MarHill
01-31-2009, 12:11 AM
The Spurs better be ready tomorrow!

The Hornets will be mad!!!!

Look at how the NBA is....

Golden State loses in Dallas by 24 points on Wed and then wins in New Orleans by 4 tonight!!

:lmao

Pelicans78
01-31-2009, 12:18 AM
The Spurs better be ready tomorrow!

The Hornets will be mad!!!!

Look at how the NBA is....

Golden State loses in Dallas by 24 points on Wed and then wins in New Orleans by 4 tonight!!

:lmao

No way. Our offense stinks right now with West back. Peja becomes a non-factor when the offense is run through West. You guys will win pretty easily if we don't figure out how to play with West and Peja together.

timvp
01-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Looked like a case of the Hornets looking ahead . . .

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 12:20 AM
I was really high when I was me but is it me or was Julian Wright very productive, drew a few charges, forced a few turnovers, hit some shots.

Yorae
01-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Good job Warriors!!! (damn still no crazy in game pics)

Spursfanfromafar
01-31-2009, 12:35 AM
More than anything.. I am looking forward to John Hollinger's playoff odds and the odd expression on his face when he reminisces about this week.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 12:49 AM
WHy you guys hating on Hollinger, he loved the Spurs in 2007 (when the Spurs were actually elite).

Spursfanfromafar
01-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Its not about "hating" Hollinger. Its about his stubborn reliance on the "stats-alone" methodology. Not everything is measured in terms of numbers. Say, people with heart. They aren't measured by pulse rates or heart beats. Like the Spurs.

Hollinger got it wrong by saying that Spurs will finish with a record of 47-35 over the season. As things stand, they would have to go 16-21 to get to that milestone. Obviously, his number crunchers are wrong and that means his methodology is flawed.

The Rodeo Trip is still on and the Spurs might trip now and then; that doesn't mean that they will roll over owing to the schedule - something that Hollinger was hinting. It is not about "disrespect", but what else could it be if Hollinger continues to put up the Spurs below the 76ers in his "power" rankings?

TheDarkSide.
01-31-2009, 01:14 AM
WHy you guys hating on Hollinger, he loved the Spurs in 2007 (when the Spurs were actually elite).

? soooo brent barry puts us on that elite level? dumb.

doldrums
01-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Its not about "hating" Hollinger. Its about his stubborn reliance on the "stats-alone" methodology. Not everything is measured in terms of numbers. Say, people with heart. They aren't measured by pulse rates or heart beats. Like the Spurs.

Hollinger got it wrong by saying that Spurs will finish with a record of 47-35 over the season. As things stand, they would have to go 16-21 to get to that milestone. Obviously, his number crunchers are wrong and that means his methodology is flawed.

The Rodeo Trip is still on and the Spurs might trip now and then; that doesn't mean that they will roll over owing to the schedule - something that Hollinger was hinting. It is not about "disrespect", but what else could it be if Hollinger continues to put up the Spurs below the 76ers in his "power" rankings?

He doesn't do anything, his software does it. He could care less because he thinks his software is impeccable -it isn't but that doesn't mean he has anything to do with how the software ranks the Spurs.

Spursfanfromafar
01-31-2009, 01:35 AM
He doesn't do anything, his software does it. He could care less because he thinks his software is impeccable -it isn't but that doesn't mean he has anything to do with how the software ranks the Spurs.

Obviously he fed in the logic for the software, didn't he? Otherwise it wouldn't be "his software", would it?

The point is that Hollinger's logic is flawed and ergo, so are his s/w's findings. Didn't someone say Humint > Machine Intelligence? Was it CIA Pop?

whottt
01-31-2009, 02:05 AM
What do you know. West comes back in the lineup and the offense goes stagnant all of a sudden. Not only does West shoot a terrible percentage, but Peja has a terrible game, Butler and Posey aren't factors offensively. We need to figure out how to incorporate West in the offense without leaving everyone else stagnant.

Yeah...West is the reason ya'll lost. He's a bum and if I were ya'll I'd trade him ASAP.

KaiRMD1
01-31-2009, 02:18 AM
That's my main man Stephen Jackson showing it how it's done!

TDMVPDPOY
01-31-2009, 02:25 AM
jax 15-6-7...nice

ManuTP9
01-31-2009, 06:17 AM
http://i11.tinypic.com/6fu7f3d.jpg jackson played nice.

texbound
01-31-2009, 09:11 AM
I was really high when I was me but is it me or was Julian Wright very productive, drew a few charges, forced a few turnovers, hit some shots.

Are you still high or are you someone else now?

Shastafarian
01-31-2009, 11:18 AM
The Warriors really should've won by a lot more. They missed so many open shots (a lot of threes). Still, tonight will be a tough game.

Ghazi
01-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Hollinger's formula has the Celtics , Magic Cavs and Lakers as the top 4. Dont see how there's any argument there.

Spurs are 8th, and if they beat the Hornets by a decent margin (4+ points) they'll probably be ranked 7th.

Thomas82
01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Looked like a case of the Hornets looking ahead . . .

That's what I thought too.

Pelicans78
01-31-2009, 03:38 PM
We didn't look ahead against the Warriors. We played solid defense. We were just lost offensively. Guys were forced to stand around watching West be Karl Malone. The offense became stagnant. The Warriors are a terrible team. We beat much better teams in Philly and Denver easily this week without West, but once he came back, the offense revolved around him and his 5-17 shooting.