PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a two-faced liar. Aw-RIGHT!

Nbadan
01-31-2009, 01:20 AM
Obama is a two-faced liar. Aw-RIGHT!
by Greg Palast
January 29, 2009

Republicans are right. President Barack Obama treated them like dirt, didn't give a damn what they thought about his stimulus package, loaded it with a bunch of programs that will last for years and will never leave the budget, is giving away money disguised as "tax refunds," and is sneaking in huge changes in policy, from schools to health care, using the pretext of an economic emergency.

Way to go, Mr. O! Mr. Down-and-Dirty Chicago pol. Street-fightin' man. Covering over his break-your-face power play with a "we're all post-partisan friends" BS.

And it's about time.

Frankly, I was worried about this guy. Obama's appointing Clinton-droids to the Cabinet, bloated incompetents like Larry Summers as "Economics Czar," made me fear for my country, that we'd gotten another Democrat who wished he were a Republican.

Then came Obama's money bomb. The House bill included $125 billion for schools (TRIPLING federal spending on education), expanding insurance coverage to the unemployed, making the most progressive change in the tax code in four decades by creating a $500 credit against social security payroll deductions, and so on.

It's as if Obama dug up Ronald Reagan's carcass and put a stake through The Gipper's anti-government heart. Aw-RIGHT!

About the only concession Obama threw to the right-wing trogs was to remove the subsidy for condoms, leaving hooker-happy GOP Senators, like David Vitter, to pay for their own protection. S'OK with me.

And here's the proof that Bam is The Man: Not one single Republican congressman voted for the bill. And that means that Obama didn't compromise, the way Clinton and Carter would have, to win the love of these condom-less jerks.

And we didn't need'm. Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!

Now I understand Obama's weird moves: dinner with those creepy conservative columnists, earnest meetings at the White House with the Republican leaders, a dramatic begging foray into Senate offices. Just as the Republicans say, it was all a fraud. Obama was pure Chicago, Boss Daley in a slim skin, putting his arms around his enemies, pretending to listen and care and compromise, then slowly, quietly, slipping in the knife. All while the media praises Obama's "post-partisanship." Heh heh heh.

Love it. Now we know why Obama picked that vindictive little viper Rahm Emanuel as staff chief: everyone visiting the Oval office will be greeted by the Windy City hit man who would hack up your grandma if you mess with the Godfather-in-Chief.

I don't know about you, but THIS is the change I've been waiting for.

Will it last? We'll see if Obama caves in to more tax cuts to investment bankers. We'll see if he stops the sub-prime scum-bags from foreclosing on frightened families. We'll see if he stands up to the whining, gormless generals who don't know how to get our troops out of Iraq. (In SHIPS, you doofusses!)

Look, don't get your hopes up. But it may turn out the new President's ... a Democrat!

Nbadan
01-31-2009, 01:38 AM
http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/cwjmo/2009/cwjmo090129.gif

angrydude
01-31-2009, 01:54 AM
what we need is money that can buy a loaf of bread.

jack sommerset
01-31-2009, 09:43 AM
This guy has 4 years and thats it. I am a independent. I would have vote for Clinton. I voted for McCain. With that said the democratic party is fucking themselves.

FreeMason
01-31-2009, 10:03 AM
If you're cool with hundreds of billions worth of pork to help win re-elections and pay back cronies for past and future favors that's cool Dan.

My gal Pelosi has it covered :toast

Wild Cobra
01-31-2009, 11:11 AM
This guy has 4 years and thats it. I am a independent. I would have vote for Clinton. I voted for McCain. With that said the democratic party is fucking themselves.

I wouldn't mind except they are fucking us too!

Shastafarian
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Then came Obama's money bomb. The House bill included $125 billion for schools (TRIPLING federal spending on education), expanding insurance coverage to the unemployed, making the most progressive change in the tax code in four decades by creating a $500 credit against social security payroll deductions, and so on.

This is a bad thing?

BacktoBasics
01-31-2009, 11:25 AM
I've about had it with Demo vs. Repub. I'm 100% convinced that if the current labeling system were to be removed for good we'd have a much more productive Country.

Like Shasta pointed out above. People simply hate because they feel obligated to hate the other side regardless of whats productive and prudent or not.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2009, 11:28 AM
This is a bad thing?
Too much money is wasted in education already. I agree the the classes aren't getting enough, but $11,000+ per student year already... Only part of that makes it to the classes. Schools need to be more efficient in their spending. Not rewarded for wasting money, with more money!

SpursFanFirst
01-31-2009, 11:29 AM
I've about had it with Demo vs. Repub. I'm 100% convinced that if the current labeling system were to be removed for good we'd have a much more productive Country.

Like Shasta pointed out above. People simply hate because they feel obligated to hate the other side regardless of whats productive and prudent or not.

Well said!

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2009, 12:13 PM
If you're cool with hundreds of billions worth of pork to help win re-elections and pay back cronies for past and future favors that's cool Dan.

My gal Pelosi has it covered :toast

the republicans did it as well:lmao

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM

rush doesn't agree with you. he thinks it's healthy to demonize and blindly follow an ideoloy.

BacktoBasics
01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Too much money is wasted in education already. I agree the the classes aren't getting enough, but $11,000+ per student year already... Only part of that makes it to the classes. Schools need to be more efficient in their spending. Not rewarded for wasting money, with more money!The entire system and how it functions needs to be re-worked and geared to modern day employment criteria. There is a complete lack of financial and credit oriented education. 99% of HSers don't even know what a FICO is until they're in credit trouble. The texts (even the newer ones) are incomplete, too basic and poorly written for teaching purposes. There is also no preparation for functioning in a modern day work structure. The amount of available avenues to pursue a million different careers are out there and available to everyone. However figuring out how to prepare a plan to utilize those avenues and accomplish the proper education for your future is nearly an impossible code to figure out even for the career counselors. They teach for a test and that's about it. The pay scale is an abortion but I won't even get started on that.

George Gervin's Afro
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
The entire system and how it functions needs to be re-worked and geared to modern day employment criteria. There is a complete lack of financial and credit oriented education. 99% of HSers don't even know what a FICO is until they're in credit trouble. The texts (even the newer ones) are incomplete, too basic and poorly written for teaching purposes. There is also no preparation for functioning in a modern day work structure. The amount of available avenues to pursue a million different careers are out there and available to everyone. However figuring out how to prepare a plan to utilize those avenues and accomplish the proper education for your future is nearly an impossible code to figure out even for the career counselors. They teach for a test and that's about it. The pay scale is an abortion but I won't even get started on that.

but we have the no child left behind policy in place !!!!

BacktoBasics
01-31-2009, 12:32 PM
but we have the no child left behind policy in place !!!!
Well we all know how well thats working.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/haywoodgiablomi/rollbarf.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-31-2009, 01:09 PM
We need one big giant reset button for the elected officials in D.C. And I mean both parties.

RandomGuy
01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Not a single Republican voted for it.

That is a bit of a gamble on their part, collectively. If the package turns out to work, even with the inefficient tax cuts, they will get zero credit, and have clearly demonstrated that the widely held belief that you need a Democrat to effectively run the economy has some merit to it.
(Note: I have seen statitistical studies, after controlling for the Great Depression, that have demonstrated virtually no difference between the two parties when it comes to control of the white house and the economy.)

If it doesn't work, they can be in a good position to say "I told you so".

RandomGuy
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
We need one big giant reset button for the elected officials in D.C. And I mean both parties.

No way. I honestly can't think of a better guy for the white house than the guy there now.

SnakeBoy
01-31-2009, 02:30 PM
That is a bit of a gamble on their part, collectively.

I don't think it was a gamble at all. The house bill is terrible. Public support has been dropping as the details of it come out. Even Senate Dems can't go for the house version. Now it looks like Senate Dems & Repubs are forming a coalition to can that bill and introduce something more Bipartisan and more likely to have a positive effect on the economy. When they do that House Repubs get to claim victory, Senate Dems get to claim victory, Obama gets to claim victory, and Pelosi is the big loser for being the idiot that she is.

Winehole23
01-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Now it looks like Senate Dems & Repubs are forming a coalition to can that bill and introduce something more Bipartisan and more likely to have a positive effect on the economy. When they do that House Repubs get to claim victory, Senate Dems get to claim victory, Obama gets to claim victory, and Pelosi is the big loser for being the idiot that she is.Pelosi, not the big wheel after all? :lol

I do hope they take a breather and look at what the House Bill contains. On account of the size of the thing, it should be considered as carefully as necessity allows.

A few days this way or that won't make a big difference. It'd be unfortunate if we get stampeded into yet one more colossal mistake. What's the big goddam rush? Why does it need to happen instantly?

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 05:14 PM
rush doesn't agree with you. he thinks it's healthy to demonize and blindly follow an ideoloy.

:lmao

i love the obsession. keep it up. :toast

Cry Havoc
01-31-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't think it was a gamble at all. The house bill is terrible. Public support has been dropping as the details of it come out. Even Senate Dems can't go for the house version. Now it looks like Senate Dems & Repubs are forming a coalition to can that bill and introduce something more Bipartisan and more likely to have a positive effect on the economy. When they do that House Repubs get to claim victory, Senate Dems get to claim victory, Obama gets to claim victory, and Pelosi is the big loser for being the idiot that she is.

:lol

SnakeBoy offering an objective viewpoint of a Dem vs. GOP issue. :lmao

baseline bum
01-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Or education system is a joke because its two main principles are 1) You're a failure if you don't go to college -and- 2) funding is based on standardized testing. Why not teach real work skills instead giving course credit for working fast food or letting 50% of your kids drop out? Instead our system says you have to do it this way, you have to know math and literature or you're a dumbass. You have to go to college or you suck. You could help license people to be electricians, plumbers, etc. As for standardized testing; what a joke. The schools put enormous pressure on teachers to have high test scores to get funding, the schools build their curriculums around the tests, and the teachers have to constantly teach the tests, instead of the subject they're supposed to be focusing on.

baseline bum
01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Another major failure is teacher pay. No one learns by symbolic manipulation and copying things off the board. To loosely quote Alan Kay, one of the most important researchers at Xerox PARC (the group responsible for Mac and Windows), "the part of your brain that can do math and science doesn't understand English". To be a good teacher requires great visualization skills and creativity, and you cannot get people with those kind of skills if they can make more everywhere else. It works OK at the college level because professors are given the opportunity to do research with their non-teaching time while the TA's and graders do a lot of the grunt work, but for secondary education the money has to be there for the teacher.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Or education system is a joke because its two main principles are 1) You're a failure if you don't go to college -and- 2) funding is based on standardized testing. Why not teach real work skills instead giving course credit for working fast food or letting 50% of your kids drop out? Instead our system says you have to do it this way, you have to know math and literature or you're a dumbass. You have to go to college or you suck. You could help license people to be electricians, plumbers, etc. As for standardized testing; what a joke. The schools put enormous pressure on teachers to have high test scores to get funding, the schools build their curriculums around the tests, and the teachers have to constantly teach the tests, instead of the subject they're supposed to be focusing on.

+1

that's why I intend to send my kids to a private school.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 07:49 PM
I figured you would because you're a douche

wait a sec...i don't have 5,000 posts. :hat

balli
01-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Seriously mars, you're one of those ultra-fucked, brainwashed kids who never had or wanted an adolescence. The only type of people who scare me more than your kind, are the kind of people who would raise a kid like you. I would have assumed you were home schooled and planned on brainwashing your kids in the same way.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Seriously mars, you're one of those ultra-fucked, brainwashed kids who never had or wanted an adolescence. The only type of people who scare me more than your kind, are the kind of people who would raise a kid like you. I would have assumed you were home schooled and planned on brainwashing your kids in the same way.

brainwashed? wow. that's really interesting. and yes, I definitely had an adolescence period, as does everyone. thanks for insulting my parents, who you don't know shit about, too. :toast

balli
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
and yes, I definitely had an adolescence period, as does everyone. Then how do you explain being an 18 year old neocon.

thanks for insulting my parents, who you don't know shit about, too. :toast

I know they raised you.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Then how do you explain being an 18 year old neocon.

I know they raised you.

i'm not a neocon :rolleyes

yes, they did raise me, and were great role models, especially my father, who worked in a printing shop running his own small business from the time I was born on. anything else you'd like to know? and I thought you had stopped being a total asshole, perhaps I was wrong.

balli
01-31-2009, 08:18 PM
i'm not a neocon

All you do is trash Obama... and anybody who would dare speak ill of Rush Limbaugh. And you're pretty in to family values. So if you don't consider yourself a neocon, fine, but you're beyond a mere moderate conservative. And it is isn't good.

And I'm just giving you a hard time because I'm out of weed, in a pissed off mood and then I read a couple of ass ignorant anti-obama posts of yours that got me riled. So no apologies, but that's the explanation.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 08:21 PM
All you do is trash Obama... and anybody who would dare speak ill of Rush Limbaugh. And you're pretty in to family values. So if you don't consider yourself a neocon, fine, but you're beyond a mere moderate conservative. And it is isn't good.

And I'm just giving you a hard time because I'm out of weed, in a pissed off mood and then I read a couple of ass ignorant anti-obama posts of yours that got me riled. So no apologies, but that's the explanation.

i don't "trash" obama, i just tend to disagree with what he believes. if that's "trashing" him, then sorry. and yeah, I'm no moderate except with a few issues, and i make no apologies for that.

CuckingFunt
01-31-2009, 10:02 PM
+1

that's why I intend to send my kids to a private school.

I'd like to think that there is a solution other than completely abandoning the public school system.

ClingingMars
01-31-2009, 10:56 PM
I'd like to think that there is a solution other than completely abandoning the public school system.

so would I, but unless Obama makes some serious changes, that seems like the only solution to me. Hell, I ain't homeschoolin' em :lol

Winehole23
01-31-2009, 11:04 PM
I'd like to think that there is a solution other than completely abandoning the public school system.How about giving them high school equivalency at age 12-14?

Just accelerate the whole curriculum. Don't spend half the year reviewing what you supposedly learned last year. Speed it up. It shouldn't take 12 years.

Most of them would attain legal majority, college degree in hand. For everybody else Vo Tech I guess. And live by your wits.

The Reckoning
01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
when i was at public school, i didnt have too many problems with it. i didnt learn anything, but i did learn how to deal with all sorts of ppl, and IMO its paid off.

Nbadan
02-01-2009, 01:07 AM

There would have to be structural changes, especially in high-risk schools. 8th and 9th graders should not be mixed with 6th and 7th graders, this only helps to exacerbate the gang situation in these schools . Also, we need to change the way we finance schools. High-risk public schools should not be punished financially for disciplining students who get mixed-up in gangs or gang activity and get expulsion, this only leads to watered-down consequences which kids quickly see threw.....and there is no sense losing 2/3 of good students because 1/3 are severe to moderately-severe discipline issues...Also, the number 1 factor to student and school success is parent involvement, so we need to give parents the time and money to take parenting classes and the motivation to get them involved in their sons/daughters educations....we need community learning centers where adults come to school with their kids in the evenings and learn with their kids.....and finally, we need to give power back to teachers, most people here need to quit talking out of their asses and go try and teach in a South or West side district in San Antonio, most of you wouldn't last a year....teachers and schools need protections from being sued by profit-seeking parents....

Wild Cobra
02-01-2009, 12:41 PM
We all know he was a two-faced liar, why are people getting so worked up now?

Just like my mayor. Sam Adams. It was reported he had an affair with a seventeen year old some years back. He denied it. It came up again during his election as mayor. He denied it. Now he says, yes. Recently, the facts came out, somewhat. Adams admits was true... but... it wasn't until after he turned 18...

Yea right. So what did you do Sam, give him your dick for his 18th birthday, or were you already doing it...

Funny, now even some liberals and gays are calling for the most prominent gay big city gay mayor to be removed... They too, believe it was at the age of 17. Funny thing is, I am not one asking for his removal. People knew the controversy before the elections. I say he may as well stay, because he was elected with enough facts out.

Same with Obama. As much as I dislike his politics, I will not ask for his removal because he is two-faced, flip-flops, or whatever. Anyone with a milli-gram of intelligence knew it would happen.

I would find a twisted irony of delight however if it was proven he was not a US citizen. That would be fun to watch in the courts, as everything he signed would technically be null and void!

Portland, Oregon mayor Sam Adams apologizes for sexual affair with 18-year-old man (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/01/22/2009-01-22_portland_oregon_mayor_sam_adams_apologiz.html)

Winehole23
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I would find a twisted irony of delight however if it was proven he was not a US citizen. That would be fun to watch in the courts, as everything he signed would technically be null and void!Hopefully you can get by on the fume your fantasy emits. Maybe that will continue to inspire a twisted irony of delight. Lucky us.

Rogue
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Obama is not an honest boy but hasn't reached the stage to deserve "double-faced liar". At most he is just a "do something opposite to what I think" type of guy. He gave his SOS job to Hilary who we all know has heavily scared and hurt her husband, and I don't think Obama hasn't heard of her "fame".

On the other hand, Halle Berry had never stopped rooting for Obama even during her pregnancy, but hasn't got anything as reward. Obama is also interiorly willing to nominate her as his SOS but this proposal was rejected by so many of his fellows that he has even mentioned it. Obama is not quite different from the other politicians who are never reluctantly to change their standpoints, he even gave up his blackberry for the house's "security". How are the telephone numbers memorized in you former cellphone, Mr president? Halle Berry hasn't made any good movie that deserves the ticket and the time we spend watching it since "monster's ball". Please stop her making those junky movies Mr president, give her a job in the White House.

Winehole23
02-01-2009, 11:18 PM
On the other hand, Halle Berry had never stopped rooting for Obama even during her pregnancy, but hasn't got anything as reward.Do you have a reward for her? :lol

Obama is also interiorly willing to nominate her as his SOS but this proposal was rejected by so many of his fellows that he has even mentioned it. Obama is not quite different from the other politicians who are never reluctantly to change their standpoints, he even gave up his blackberry for the house's "security". How are the telephone numbers memorized in you former cellphone, Mr president?You have unique insight, Rogue. This needs to be a blog. I'm serious.

Halle Berry hasn't made any good movie that deserves the ticket and the time we spend watching it since "monster's ball". Please stop her making those junky movies Mr president, give her a job in the White House.Barack Obama as Halle Berry's Svengali (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1020664-svengali/), priceless.

Keep it comin, Rogue.

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/Butler.JPG

ducks
02-01-2009, 11:58 PM
I figured you would because you're a douche

president sends his kids to private scholl is he a douche to?

implacable44
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM

I love how Rush is getting all this credit while the Bill Mahers, Keith Olbermans etc.. of the world slide by with a pass.

balli
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I love how Rush is getting all this credit while the Bill Mahers, Keith Olbermans etc.. of the world slide by with a pass.

Bill Maher and Keith Olberman aren't a shadow-hand that controls the Democratic party. Plus, they're not stone hateful, hillbilly-heroin addicts.

implacable44
02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Bill Maher and Keith Olberman aren't a shadow-hand that controls the Democratic party. Plus, they're not stone hateful, hillbilly-heroin addicts.

Rush is a shadow-hand that controls the Repugs? fact ? proof ? George Soros and crew are the shadow hand that control the Libtard left then ?

Rush is a stone hateful hillbilly-heroin addict? I thought it was pain pills .. a hillbilly ? dude is the most successful radio guy -- ever....

balli
02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
You're not familiar with the term hillbilly heroin? Don't you know what oxycontin is?

Shastafarian
02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Rush is a shadow-hand that controls the Repugs? fact ? proof ?

I guess you didn't hear about the Republican Congressman who went back on his knees apologizing to Rush for even hinting at criticizing the fat man. Rush has millions of idiot listeners who believe everything he says. Those people also happen to be constituents.

implacable44
02-02-2009, 03:57 PM
You're not familiar with the term hillbilly heroin? Don't you know what oxycontin is?

I don't do drugs.

balli
02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh. Rush does.

implacable44
02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I guess you didn't hear about the Republican Congressman who went back on his knees apologizing to Rush for even hinting at criticizing the fat man. Rush has millions of idiot listeners who believe everything he says. Those people also happen to be constituents.

you might want to know his name first... Rush has millions of idiot listeners? -- compared to those geniuses that listen to all the libtards at NBC / CNN / ABC/ MSNBC / ,e tc ???

Shastafarian
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
you might want to know his name first... Rush has millions of idiot listeners? -- compared to those geniuses that listen to all the libtards at NBC / CNN / ABC/ MSNBC / ,e tc ???

Right so if I don't know his name it didn't happen. Sound logic. I haven't had the privilege of seeing a Deomcratic congressman/woman grovel on their knees to Keith Olbermann or Anderson Cooper.

Oh btw the congressman's name is Phil Gingrey and he's from Georgia

ChumpDumper
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Is he trying to deny that happened?

Wouldn't surprise me.

ClingingMars
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Right so if I don't know his name it didn't happen. Sound logic. I haven't had the privilege of seeing a Deomcratic congressman/woman grovel on their knees to Keith Olbermann or Anderson Cooper.

but I've seen the opposite.

wnMevMJLdtE

Winehole23
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
That old chestnut. Smoke em if you got em.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2009, 05:16 PM
How about giving them high school equivalency at age 12-14?

Just accelerate the whole curriculum. Don't spend half the year reviewing what you supposedly learned last year. Speed it up. It shouldn't take 12 years.

Most of them would attain legal majority, college degree in hand. For everybody else Vo Tech I guess. And live by your wits.
Yep, lets get back to the quality of education of the 50's, where the average 8th grader knew more than today's high school graduates.

Winehole23
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Yep, lets get back to the quality of education of the 50's, where the average 8th grader knew more than today's high school graduates.Well, that would be a start, wouldn't it?

Winehole23
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Yep, lets get back to the quality of education of the 50's, where the average 8th grader knew more than today's high school graduates.Is this actually true, or is it PFA?

Wild Cobra
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Well, that would be a start, wouldn't it?
It sure would, but the liberals would never allow the discipline to be enforced to keep classes moving along smooth.

Wild Cobra
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Is this actually true, or is it PFA?
It's true in many areas. Schools have gone downhill over the years, and pouring more money in does no good.

Winehole23
02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
It sure would, but the liberals would never allow the discipline to be enforced to keep classes moving along smooth.Damn liberals.

p.s., your mean streak is still showing.

Why you wanna whup everybody ass, Wild Cobra?

ClingingMars
02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
:corn:

-Mars

Winehole23
02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
It's true in many areas. Schools have gone downhill over the years, and pouring more money in does no good.Not saying I don't believe you, but do you have support for this? You've actually studied this?

Winehole23
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Hint: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/