pku47
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Is he a FA now for an NBA team?

Would spurs consider him?

p.s I cannot find an English link, here's the team's declaration
http://www.sxcba.com/shownews.asp?articleid=1594

loveforthegame
01-31-2009, 08:34 PM
If his contract is over then he's free to sign with whoever.

Did he leave on his own or is the season over with? If he left on his own then he might be signing with an NBA team.

pku47
01-31-2009, 09:51 PM
he left on his own, he came back to US few weeks ago for personal affairs and refused to return China. Then his team ended the contract.

edgar
01-31-2009, 11:19 PM
The spurs should consider this guy just for the remainder of the season. I know there are reports out there that he is lazy but i think with the team on him and a chance to win a championship...

exstatic
01-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Bonzi is a racist asshole. He spit on Danny Ferry and called another white player a cracker. If he were a 7ft shot blocker, maybe you take a flyer, but he's a fat 6'6" shooting guard who's best move is to post someone up. We have that whole post up scoring thing covered. He'd only get in Tim's scoring space.

K-State Spur
01-31-2009, 11:44 PM
I know there are people on here who will remember what Bonzi did in 2006 against us and want to sign him.

But at this point:

a) it is important to remember that Bonzi doesn't tear other teams up like he did the Spurs. he's not a good match-up against the Lakers.

b) with the exception of a stretch in Game 1 last year, he was pretty worthless in that series. i don't think he has the ability to dominate the boards against the Spurs like he once did.

c) at this stage in his career, he wouldn't give you anything that you don't already get better from Udoka who can't get off the bench as is (maybe slightly better rebounding...maybe).

timvp
01-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Bonzi is a racist asshole. He spit on Danny Ferry and called another white player a cracker. If he were a 7ft shot blocker, maybe you take a flyer, but he's a fat 6'6" shooting guard who's best move is to post someone up. We have that whole post up scoring thing covered. He'd only get in Tim's scoring space.
Ditto. I'd rather roll the dice with Hairston.

Rapper
02-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Is he a FA now for an NBA team?

p.s I cannot find an English link, here's the team's declaration
http://www.sxcba.com/shownews.asp?articleid=1594

you know Chinese?

SouthTexasRancher
02-01-2009, 01:53 AM

I don't see where Bonzi could help the Spurs. He is not the Spurs type mentally or emotionally. He is like a cancer that keeps coming back but, never actually kills you. Presently the Spurs have plenty Shooting Guard and Small Forward positions guys. The Spurs need a good big man to give us more help in the paint against bigger teams like the Lakers and Rockets. Someone who can give us a solid 20 minutes at the C/PF positions to help Tim out and allow rest for Fab & KT down the stretch. Trouble is there is no one like that out there that is available that we could pick up cheap. I don't know if Fab is going to be able to give us much anymore with his heart condition and being prone to injury in his 'old' age. It is good to see Bonner contributing like he is but, he is more like Horry ... a tall guy who can shoot the 3. Having said that I am glad to see Bonner get rebounds lately. And it is looking like Ian Mihimi isn't going to ever get to play as a Spur.

The best news for the Spurs right now is they are starting to jell and look like our good ol' Spurs of old. Good to see Manu get his confidence back.

Spurs and Magic in the 2009 Finals with the Spurs winning #5.

Rogue
02-01-2009, 02:32 AM
you know Chinese?
google knows everything, fool.:lol

Shanxi Zhongyu club on the termination of the contract with the Prince's statement

After the Chinese New Year, CBA regular season will be the resumption of fighting on February 1, the team competition will become more intense. However, this team邦奇威尔斯foreign aid can not return on time. Given the competition即将开打by Shanxi Zhongyu club and Wales and its brokerage firm and friendly consultations, it was agreed that the termination of the contracts. We deeply regret this.
Wales team to join in after-yu, to the club of great help, he led the team played some tough, dedicated a brilliant game, to teach young players and plenty of experience, but also brought the ball Shanxi City, for We very much appreciated. During the Spring Festival, Shanxi Zhongyu team unity off foreign aid. In accordance with the club, all foreign aid should be in the back on the 27th. Before returning, the Prince proposed to deal with some personal matters, the requirements on the 29th in return, agreed to by the club, the club has also scheduled a round-trip air fare for him. On the 29th, the Prince of this club also need time to deal with personal matters, requested a postponement of the time back. Expressed understanding of the club agreed to his request, the premise is not affecting the normal game. But today, the Prince can not return to participate in the competition, a direct impact on February 1 at home against the Jilin team and the team's future success.
Zhongyu club after signing with the Prince, has been in strict accordance with the contract for meeting its obligations, but unfortunately, the Prince because of personal reasons can not return on time, affecting the normal team game. The current CBA teams is becoming more competitive, the club has no time to wait. After the club with the Prince of friendly consultation and brokerage firm, agreed to the termination of the performance of the contract.
Hereby declared that!

Shanxi Zhongyu Professional Basketball Club

January 31, 2009

it sucks sometimes though.