PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Villanueva is the Bucks' #1 man

Austin_Toros
02-01-2009, 05:10 AM
With Redd out, Villanueva is arguably the best scorer on the team.
I don't understand why the Bucks refused to appreciate him and limited his minutes. It seems only now, when Redd has gone down injured, that Charlie V has begun to play bigger minutes- and he hasn't disappointed.

Bucks must realise they have a solid player that can stretch the defence with his outside shooting skills.
But sources say Villanueva is staying put. Redd's injury means the Bucks will probably keep him.

DaDakota
02-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Dang it we almost got him for Landry.

DD

kcplayboi_26
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM

DD

dang it i would picked him up on my fantasy but someone did just minutes before me :bang

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2009, 01:33 PM
lottery, u into it....

Biggems
02-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I wish we could have gotten him when his value was somewhat low in Toronto......oh well.

sook
02-01-2009, 04:49 PM

DD

Landry has a higher ceiling. Just wait till he develops that lethal 3 pt shot. Last season he had no shooting mechanics and this season he is hitting 50%+ of his mid range shots

mogrovejo
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
When I've said here Morrey was considering to trade for him, every Rockets fans said it would be a stupid trade and that CV was useless. Right... Houston should have pulled the trigger.

To the OP: Villanueva doesn't play defence (he has been improving since Skiles joined their club) and he's an highly unreliable offensive player (let's see for how long can he hold this current form). That's why they limited his minutes, and rightly so. Villanueva wasn't affected and fought back, that's encouraging.

Indazone
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM

DD

Landry is >>>>> Villanueva

Rockets would be stupid to make that trade.

Red Hawk #21
02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Villanueva is eyebrowless...

m33p0
02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
first time i saw him play yesterday. i was impressed.

wireonfire
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Landry has a higher ceiling. Just wait till he develops that lethal 3 pt shot. Last season he had no shooting mechanics and this season he is hitting 50%+ of his mid range shots

Why? CV is younger, much bigger (6'10 to 6'7).

CV is one of most talented offensive players in the league (Landry definitely is not), but he doesn't bring it every game. I'd love to have him if he plays with intensity and focus. Right now he is only playing for a contract.

wireonfire
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I wish we could have gotten him when his value was somewhat low in Toronto......oh well.

His value was not low in Toronto, just he was playing the same position as Bosh so they decided to move him for TJ Ford.

mogrovejo
02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
If Villanueva ever masters the skill of concentration, being able to play focused every quarter, every game, he'll be an offensive monster in this league who's also able to help significantly on the boards.