PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts: Mavs @ Heat Jan.31

Rogue
02-01-2009, 06:03 AM
It is not a replication of 05-06's finals. The same old teams and the same old American Airlinescenter, but the result is different. Mavs won the first 2 games at home in that series, but lost the next 4 games in a row and handed the O'Brien cup to Heat regretfully. However, we have no excuse to lose again to the Heat that are on reconstruction.
Mavs hadn't given the Heat any chance to turn the game around since they laid the foundation of their victory, with 24-15 leading gap to end the first quarter. The Heat of course didn't want to lose at home and managed to shorten the gap to 10 points by the end of the 1st half, but their poor defense allowed mavs to score 33 points in the 2nd quarter. Mavs entered the lock room with a 57-39 leading gap over Heat.

Heat didn't do a much better job in the 3rd quarter which ended with 85-70, mavs outscored Heat by 7 points in this single quarter, 28-21. Heat seemed to get a little bit better in the fourth quarter but still not able to cut our leading gap a little bit. The 4th quarter itself was tied at 26, say the mavs kept their 15pt leading gap to win the game with 111-96 as the final score.

Dirk Nowitzki:
http://www.nba.com/media/act_dirk_nowitzki.jpg
34:20 30 pts 7 rebs 3 asts, ZERO turnover
Nowitzki was inarguably the No.1 ingredient for our win. 30pts, 12-14 FG including a 3, perfect at the line with 5-5 ft. besides Dirk also grabed 7 boards and 3 assists. his perfect no-to performance is not that surprising, he is always that wonderful, isn't he?

Jason Kidd:
http://www.nba.com/media/act_jason_kidd.jpg
34:36 7pts 11asts 5 rebs 2sts
Jason Kidd surprised us with his 34:36 which is the longest gt of our team, though his backup barea also played good. 7pt is not remarkable but still acceptable to kidd who is always reluctant to score himself. None of our players got a double gegit number on rebounds but they all played well respectively, of course Kidd is included. Kidd played head-to-head with Heat's rookie PG chalmers all the time, totally overwhelmed that young guy who shot 4-11 through his total minutes, though he made 3 of his 5 3pt attempts. Chalmers finished the game with 17pts but had used 11 shots and 7 free throws, of course it was kidd's effort.

Jason Terry:
http://www.nba.com/media/act_jason_terry.jpg
30:26 20 pts 5 rebs 3 asts 9-17 FG
Terry played off the bench as usual, and his contributions were usual too. Dirk made 30pts with only 14 shots while terry used 17 to achieve his 17pts, Dirk made terry look terrible but terry is not actually that bad. Terry played most of the time when our line-ups were resting, so he had to face their defense himself as he always did. He did his work well but didn't do anything else to deserve our praise.

Josh Howard:
http://www.nba.com/media/act_josh_howard.jpg
28:10 15 pts 7-13 FG 6 rebs 2 turnovers 0 ast
Most mavs fans don't like this guy and want to trade him to wherever else, but he still starts for our team and does his work. Avery Johnson intent to cultivate him as the No.1 scorer of our team and he had successful led our team in scoring for a while, but he has proven himself not as capable as Dirk. Howard is still pretty good, but no one knows how long it'll last and when his addiction will destroy his athleticism. Our one-time all-star is unlikely to shine any more, but he is still a good role player despite his salary and his hate to our national song.

Erick Dampier
http://www.nba.com/media/act_erick_dampier.jpg
25:46 4 pts 5rebs 5 turnovers
It should be ideal if these pts and rebs were contributed by a backup center who earns 1m or 2m per year, but dampier takes over 11m dollars yearly from Cuban's purse. It's really a disaster for mavs to sign him at that prize, though we are all satisfied with his performances tonight.

Devin George
http://www.nba.com/media/act_devean_george.jpg

19:49 5pts 2-3 FG 1-2 3pt
We shouldn't be too critical with George who still thinks he is a laker rather than a mav, though no one also considers him so in LA. I would give all the minutes he takes to Gerald Green if I were in charge of mavs.

Brandon Bass
http://www.nba.com/media/act_brandon_bass.jpg

18:05 11 pts 2rebs 5-8 FG

I would share half of my salary with this guy if I were Dampier. Mavs would be the most powerful team if the guy who takes 11m was not Dampier but Okur.

Jose Barea
http://www.nba.com/media/act_jose_barea.jpg
13:24 11 pts 5-7 FG 1-3 3pt

Barea is a typical tony parker-type of PG, so he is an ideal attachment to Kidd I think.

Brickhouse
02-01-2009, 06:53 AM
when his addiction will destory his athletism. Our one-time all-star is unlikely to shine any more, but he is still a good role player despite his salary and his hate to our national song.
We shouldn't be too critical with George who still thinks he is a laker rather than a mav, though no one also considers him so in LA.

:rollin

MI21
02-01-2009, 08:37 AM
:lol

This is gold.

Brand Bass :lol

BUMP
02-01-2009, 11:45 AM
are we gonna get one of these every game?

if so, id pay to keep my membership here

Warlord23
02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
LMAO ... I still can't figure out if Rogue is a troll with an awesome sense of humor or if he genuinely has trouble with English and all this is unintentional comedy.

But his posts are gold for sure

Warlord23
02-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Barea is a typical tony parker-type of PG

:lmao :rollin

IronMexican
02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow, timvp needs to take some pointers from Rogue's gsme thoughs

de Soto
02-01-2009, 02:38 PM
One lousy win for the hapless mavs....it'll be another string of losses for those Homos in blue afterwards...:lmao

monosylab1k
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
One lousy win for the hapless mavs....it'll be another string of losses for those Homos in blue afterwards...:lmao

I actually agree with you. If you create a new thread to further discuss this topic, I'd be more than willing to contribute.

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Rogue, I've posted with timvp, I know timvp, and timvp is a friend. Rogue, you're no timvp.

ClingingMars
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I actually agree with you. If you create a new thread to further discuss this topic, I'd be more than willing to contribute.

:lmao

Reck
02-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Rogue, I've posted with timvp, I know timvp, and timvp is a friend. Rogue, you're no timvp.

I bet he's funnier than Timvp.

Ghazi
02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Drive to One

We go as far as Dirk takes us, and while I love the big German I'm not sure he can outduel the likes of Kobe, Paul, and Duncan in a playoff series. And even if he did, the Big 3 or Lebron would be waiting. I still think a trade needs to be made to address an area or multiple areas of weakness. free throw attempts? points in the paint? perimeter defense? how about a real shooting guard that can slash and cause defenses to collapse? I love Terry, he fulfills his role just fine, but he is not the true shooting guard this teams been lacking since the days of Fin.

Ghazi
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Kidd has been more active in calling offensive plays in past 2 games apparently

Kidd now calling the shots for Mavericks on offense

11:20 PM CST on Saturday, January 31, 2009

MIAMI – Jason Kidd is at his best with the ball in his hands and his mind engaged.

Rick Carlisle has made sure that will happen.

Carlisle let it be known after the win over Miami that he no longer calls the majority of the plays. The Mavericks coach met with Kidd earlier in the week and told the point guard to take over. Carlisle then handed Kidd a CD with the plays he had been calling and how efficient the players were in those sets.

There has been a noticeable offensive improvement in the two games Kidd has called.

"I think I have a pretty good feel of where we need to get the ball," Kidd said. "The big thing is have everyone understand what we're running.

"Now, nobody has to look over and figure out what we're running. We've tried to eliminate some of the steps of the process and just play."

Several players estimate that Carlisle called 70 to 80 percent of the plays in the first three months of the season and Kidd took the rest. That ratio has been reversed the last two games.

"He's orchestrating what goes on, and I'll help out a little bit here and there," Carlisle said. "He's doing a great job of leading the guys who are out there on the court. We really need him in that role as a leader, as a guy calling the shots out there."

It's an interesting development to track, the offense has looked good the past few games but the Heat and Warriors are not elite offensive teams. Orlando will be a good measuring stick. Still, our offense seems very reliant on our defense getting stops pushing the transition game, and our defense is indeed inconsistent.

timvp
02-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Rogue, check your PMs. I sent you my password. You can take over from here :worthy: