PDA

View Full Version : Play-offs schedule questions

Slomo
03-03-2005, 01:40 PM
How long after the regular season end do the play-offs start normally? 3-4 days?

When do they announce the play-offs schedule?

travis2
03-03-2005, 01:52 PM
They won't announce any schedules until teams start being locked into slots.

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2005, 02:01 PM
The season ends this year on Wednesday, April 20. I'd expect the first games of Round 1 to be Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24. When the Spurs will play in there will be known probably on the night of 4/20.

davi78239
03-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Can't wait! Hopefully this time I won't come back from Europe to a lost 2-0 lead on the opponent.

timvp
03-03-2005, 05:11 PM
How long after the regular season end do the play-offs start normally? 3-4 days?

When do they announce the play-offs schedule?

Is this a hint that Slomo may make a return trip for the playoffs?

:smokin

Jimcs50
03-03-2005, 05:20 PM
One thing is certain, the first game will be at the SBC.

I am guessing that they will play Friday and Sunday. The NBA will not pass up getting TNT to cover on Friday and have ABC on Sunday. The Sat starters will either have back to back with Sunday too or have game 2 on Monday.

But if LA is not in the playoffs, they might not care to have two weekend games back to back.

maxpower
03-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Usually the first game has been on Saturday of Oysterbake...glad this year Oysterbake takes place the weekend before the playoffs begin.

Duff McCartney
03-03-2005, 05:25 PM
When the Spurs will play in there will be known probably on the night of 4/20.

:smokin

Might want to write that down Bigzak.... :hat

Slomo
03-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Is this a hint that Slomo may make a return trip for the playoffs?

:smokin Damn you good!

Nothing definite yet, but let's just say that the NAB conference this year is 16-21 April.... :eyebrows

alamo50
03-04-2005, 06:36 AM
I am guessing that they will play Friday and Sunday. The NBA will not pass up getting TNT to cover on Friday.

They better not!
I will arrive in San Antonio on Friday late!

boutons
03-04-2005, 07:23 AM
What are the playoff TV contracts this year?

TNT has the WC playoffs?
ESPN has the EC playoffs?
ABC has the Finals?

Jimcs50
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM
What are the playoff TV contracts this year?

TNT has the WC playoffs?
ESPN has the EC playoffs?
ABC has the Finals?

Hence, my stating that playoffs start on Friday night instead of Sat.

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2005, 10:28 AM
One thing is certain, the first game will be at the SBC.

I am guessing that they will play Friday and Sunday. The NBA will not pass up getting TNT to cover on Friday and have ABC on Sunday. The Sat starters will either have back to back with Sunday too or have game 2 on Monday.

But if LA is not in the playoffs, they might not care to have two weekend games back to back.

They might start on Friday, I suppose, but there's no way that there will be any back-to-backs in the first round.

In the last couple of years, though, the league has started the playoffs on Saturday afternoon with 2 ESPN games, had a third ESPN/ABC game, and given a Saturday night game to TNT. (example, in 2003, the first game on Saturday was New Jersey/Milwaukee, the second game was Indiana/Boston on ESPN, the third game was Spurs/Suns on ESPN, and the fourth game was Sacramento/Utah on TNT). They've usually had 2 ABC games on Sunday with a third ABC/ESPN game, and a Sunday night game on TNT. I'd think the same will hold for this year, too (in 2003, that meant Detroit/Orlando on ESPN as the first game, LA/Minnesota on ABC as the second game, Dallas/Portland on ESPN as the third game, and Philly/New Orleans on TNT on Sunday night).

By the way, TNT has the Eastern Conference Finals this year; the Western Conference Finals will be on ABC/ESPN.

blackbucket
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Damn you good!

Nothing definite yet, but let's just say that the NAB conference this year is 16-21 April.... :eyebrows

Hey Slomo, Fiesta runs April 15-24. That would be a good time to come besides the Spurs. Fiesta is the BEST time of the year and showcases what San Antonio is all about.

FIESTA (www.fiesta-sa.org)

Slomo
03-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey Slomo, Fiesta runs April 15-24. That would be a good time to come besides the Spurs. Fiesta is the BEST time of the year and showcases what San Antonio is all about.

FIESTA (http://www.fiesta-sa.org) Like I need the extra motivation! :rollin

Thanks for the info, I have quite a few issues to take care of first but there are some indications that I could get creative with my round trip tickets again :eyebrows

nsentv
03-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Just thought I'd help out:

The playoffs will start on Saturday, April 23rd, with one game on ABC at 3:00 and then a tripleheader on ESPN starting at 5:30. On Sunday, April 24th, ABC will air another 3:00 game followed by a likely TNT tripleheader that also starts at 5:30.

The playoffs haven't started on a weekday since 1998, and ABC has never aired a playoff doubleheader.

The Western Conference Finals are scheduled to begin on Tuesday, May 24th after the NBA Draft Lottery on ESPN. Games 4 and 7 are scheduled to air on ABC, both in primetime.

Also, the first round is scheduled to last from April 23rd to Sunday, May 7th--which means that I don't think they'll be any back-to-back games. And before I forget, a lot of games are probably going to have to air on NBA TV again, even though ESPN doesn't have the NHL this spring.

In the last couple of years, though, the league has started the playoffs on Saturday afternoon with 2 ESPN games, had a third ESPN/ABC game, and given a Saturday night game to TNT. (example, in 2003, the first game on Saturday was New Jersey/Milwaukee, the second game was Indiana/Boston on ESPN, the third game was Spurs/Suns on ESPN, and the fourth game was Sacramento/Utah on TNT). They've usually had 2 ABC games on Sunday with a third ABC/ESPN game, and a Sunday night game on TNT. I'd think the same will hold for this year, too (in 2003, that meant Detroit/Orlando on ESPN as the first game, LA/Minnesota on ABC as the second game, Dallas/Portland on ESPN as the third game, and Philly/New Orleans on TNT on Sunday night).

P.S., in 2003 it was:
Saturday
12:30 - Bucks/Nets (ESPN)
3:00 - Celtics/Pacers (ESPN)
5:30 - Suns/Spurs (ESPN)
8:00 - Blazers/Mavs (TNT)
10:30 - Jazz/Kings (TNT)

Sunday
12:30 - Magic/Pistons (ESPN)
3:00 - Lakers/Wolves (ABC)
8:30 - Hornets/Sixers (TNT)