PDA

View Full Version : Are Cardinals Fans = Suns Fans???

Man Mountain
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm a Santonio Spurs fan, holmes.

:toast:toast:toast:toast

Warlord23
02-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!

Cardinals = Suns = losers!!

CubanMustGo
02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!

Cardinals = Suns = losers!!

Losers = bandwagon Steeler fans.

baseline bum
02-01-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm a Santonio Spurs fan, holmes.

:toast:toast:toast:toast

:rollin

Juanobili
02-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Experienced defensive team wins another title beating a Phoenix offensive-oriented team

sounds familiar :P

phyzik
02-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I knew Steelers would win because of their defence but I was rooting for the underdog on this one. I dont like the steelers and I dont think they are the Spurs of the NFL at all. I was mainly going for the Cardinals because of Kurt Warner... that dude has heart! If you look at it that way, Cardinals are not the NFL equivelant of the suns since Nash doesnt have any heart.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2009, 11:26 PM
The Steelers D played like crap for the most part, comparing this to Suns Spurs is retarded. Suns never had a chance against the Spurs, Cardinals played better.

Sec24Row7
02-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I was upset because was going for the Cards... but then I got happy when I realized that it would make lots of suns fans depressed that they lost.

:whine:whine:whine:toast:toast:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm actually surprised SA still cares this much about the Suns and their fans......they're like a .500 team.

ducks
02-01-2009, 11:31 PM
cards have nothing to be ashamed of
the touchdown before halftime was not a touchdown
steelers are a good team
cards had no playoff expereince and should have won

the roughing the passer quarterback was questionable
the ball was thrown to no one
no intentional grounding call

props to the cards

ps steelers never once said cards gave them a good game are was a good team
what a bunch of cocky idiots

xellos88330
02-01-2009, 11:38 PM
I thought it was a great game. I was rooting for the Cardinals because I want to see a different team win it. (I don't care much for football. It's too slow for me.)

I am not disappointed with the loss. Both teams played a hell of a game. I am, however, disappointed with the lack of good commercials.

ducks
02-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I am disappointed by the refs in the game
way to many flags

Warlord23
02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
lol Suns

lol Cardinals

PS: sorry am drunk

ducks
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
lol Suns

lol Cardinals

PS: sorry am drunk

drunk on what

samikeyp
02-01-2009, 11:56 PM
No they are not the same, if they were, they would blame Warner's INT on Robert Horry.

pawe
02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Im a big Cardinals fan but Im a bigger Spurs fan.

Im still proud of the Cardinals, they fought through everything the Steelers had to give them. I am still heartbroken though.

manu_maniac
02-02-2009, 12:21 AM
drunk on what

I"M DRUNK ON BUTTERY NIPPLES/SANTONIO HOLMES

Rogue
02-02-2009, 12:28 AM
SKI, of all people, knows whether he is really a suns fan or a rockets fan.

urunobili
02-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Cardinals fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suns fans

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
last touch down......"san antonio holmes" biatches better recognize

alamo50
02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
When are the Suns ever the underdogs???

HORNSWOGGLE
02-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Well the Cards just lost to a better team..... wait that happens to the Suns every year

dbestpro
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I think its funny that there is now a new America's team as the Steelers have one more ring that the Cowboys. All hail the new America's team!

phyzik
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I think its funny that there is now a new America's team as the Steelers have one more ring that the Cowboys. All hail the new America's team!

Thats the one thing that made the game worth it, Cowboys need to bow down to their new masters! :lol

phxspurfan
02-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Pretty gay to gloat like that but....yeah I'm glad Cards at least got to The Bowl.

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 11:04 AM

Shouldn't America decide who America's Team is?

Personally, I think its the SB winner, which in this case you are right but that could change next year.

Thats the one thing that made the game worth it, Cowboys need to bow down to their new masters!

Wouldn't that go for every team as well since no one has that many?

dbestpro
02-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Shouldn't America decide who America's Team is?

Personally, I think its the SB winner, which in this case you are right but that could change next year.

Wouldn't that go for every team as well since no one has that many?

No other team calls themselves America's team. The original reason Dallas was called America's team is because of Staubach (Navy) and Hayes (olympics). Since then they have been anything but America's team. But, many fans including homer announcers proclaimed Dallas America's team because they had won 5 SB. That argument is now at an end. So Dallas fans must now leave lipstick on the toes of Steeler fans, everywhere.

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
No other team calls themselves America's team. The original reason Dallas was called America's team is because of Staubach (Navy) and Hayes (olympics). Since then they have been anything but America's team. But, many fans including homer announcers proclaimed Dallas America's team because they had won 5 SB. That argument is no at an end. So Dallas fans must now leave lipstick on the toes of Steeler fans, everywhere.

Incorrect.

NFL Films gave them that name in 1979 when they release the team highlight video from the previous season. It was titled America's Team. The Cowboys organization didn't come up with that but they also didn't run away from it. Why announcers use it is beyond me but its probably to stir up interest from fans and non-fans alike and apparently it works. Dallas fans need to do nothing but worry about their own mess of a team. They can also do what myself and other Dallas fans have done on the NFL board and congratulate the Steelers on their win.

DarrinS
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I was actually hoping the Cards would win. Everyone loves an underdog.

Everyone's giving Holmes props for that catch, but how about that throw?

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I was actually hoping the Cards would win. Everyone loves an underdog.

Everyone's giving Holmes props for that catch, but how about that throw?

Good call.

That throw was incredible.

dbestpro
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Incorrect.

NFL Films gave them that name in 1979 when they release the team highlight video from the previous season. It was titled America's Team. The Cowboys organization didn't come up with that but they also didn't run away from it. Why announcers use it is beyond me but its probably to stir up interest from fans and non-fans alike and apparently it works. Dallas fans need to do nothing but worry about their own mess of a team. They can also do what myself and other Dallas fans have done on the NFL board and congratulate the Steelers on their win.

.................and the reason NFL Films used the name America's team was because of Staubach and Hayes. The reference was then pounced on by fans and homer announcers just as indicated. So there is nothing incorrect it is just that I went a step further in detail that you were able to fathom. Next time I will keep it simple for you.

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 12:21 PM
So, if someone disagrees with you, you become a child and get personal? Ok.

Actually it had nothing do with Staubach or Hayes specifically. Hayes wasn't even on the team in 1977...although you were partially correct on an announcer coining the phrase and NFL Films ran with it.

Bob Ryan, the Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films, coined this for the Cowboys in 1979. After preparing and editing the team’s 1978 season highlight film he had to come up with a title for the film. [6] He was quoted as saying:

I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television.

During the Cowboys' first game of the 1979 season, a nationally televised game against the St. Louis Cardinals (which Dallas won 22-21), the television announcer introduced the Cowboys as America’s Team and the name stuck.

Dallas's Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry originally did not approve of the appellation of America's Team. He felt that it would give opposing teams extra incentive to play harder. Eventually he gave in and actually came to like the name.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team

dbestpro
02-02-2009, 12:31 PM
So, if someone disagrees with you, you become a child and get personal? Ok.

Actually it had nothing do with Staubach or Hayes specifically. Hayes wasn't even on the team in 1977...although you were partially correct on an announcer coining the phrase and NFL Films ran with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team

Okay, here it is nice and simple so even a child can understand. Please read slowly. If you get lost you may need to start over.

Bob Hayes played for the Cowboys just like David Robinson played for the Spurs. The name America's team was used by NFL films to refer to the Cowboys who the retired Hayes played for and who Staubach an ex-navy man played for. The Navy and the olympics are considered very important to America at that time. There was no other reason to refer to Dallas as America's team.

Now go ask mommy for a nice glass of warm milk and start using a real encyclopedia instead of the ones that are created by other homers.

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Okay, here it is nice and simple so even a child can understand. Please read slowly. If you get lost you may need to start over.

Bob Hayes played for the Cowboys just like David Robinson played for the Spurs. The name America's team was used by NFL films to refer to the Cowboys who the retired Hayes played for and who Staubach an ex-navy man played for. The Navy and the olympics are considered very important to America at that time. There was no other reason to refer to Dallas as America's team.

Now go ask mommy for a nice glass of warm milk and start using a real encyclopedia instead of the ones that are created by other homers.

:lmao

Ok..stay with that. :toast

bigfan
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I didnt have an iron in the fire on the super bowl but if I had to pick I guess I was for the cards just because I like what jurt warner has done. I never liked the steelers because they always used to be the only reason houston never made it to the super bowl. Hey, I graduated from santonio holmes!