PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

tlongII
02-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Damn that movie looks BAD ASS! I have to admit I'm a bit of a Trekkie nerd, but I think this is going to be a great movie.

mrsmaalox
02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Simon Pegg as Scotty :tu

Scotty
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Simon Pegg as Scotty :tu

:tu He'll give it all he's got!!

peewee's lovechild
02-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Karl Urban as "Bones" (a.k.a, Dr. McCoy) is almost dead on.

I have high hopes for this movie.

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Damn that movie looks BAD ASS! I have to admit I'm a bit of a Trekkie nerd, but I think this is going to be a great movie.

As am I. It looks like its going to be really good.

tlongII
02-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Karl Urban as "Bones" (a.k.a, Dr. McCoy) is almost dead on.

I have high hopes for this movie.

Spock looks legit too.

Darrin
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
After watching Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise start their missions, I see this as unraveling the one thing unique to the original series--history of the ship preceding Kirk and crew. I'll see it, but I'm skeptical.

CavsSuperFan
02-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Is it possible to even make a “bad” Star Trek Movie? They are all awesome!

Of of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, Spocks was the most... Human...

Captain James T. Kirk

Spock
02-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Spock looks legit too.

:tu

ATRAIN
02-02-2009, 12:43 PM
I cant wait for this movie, I think its my number 2 most anticipated movie this year after Watchmen.

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 12:44 PM

Of of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, Spocks was the most... Human...

Captain James T. Kirk

Its very possible.

See Star Trek's 1 and 3. 5 wasn't much better.

ClingingMars
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM

Captain James T. Kirk

see all odd ST movies

MannyIsGod
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Dude Sylar as Spock gave me a woody. At least the one dude that can act from that show is getting a shot.

ATRAIN
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Dude Sylar as Spock gave me a woody. At least the one dude that can act from that show is getting a shot.

+1.......he is the only reason I still watch heroes and I am pumped at him being spock.

The Franchise
02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Its very possible.

See Star Trek's 1 and 3. 5 wasn't much better.

Hey #1 was the first movie I ever saw at a theater so no bashing!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM

Captain James T. Kirk

I love all forms of Star Trek, but really??? The original was HORRIBLE, and III-VI were decidely average. The only movies I'd rewatch are Generations, First Contact... and maybe Wrath of Khan.

peewee's lovechild
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I love all forms of Star Trek, but really??? The original was HORRIBLE, and III-VI were decidely average. The only movies I'd rewatch are Generations, First Contact... and maybe Wrath of Khan.

The Wrath of Khan is the greatest Trek movie.
The Search for Spock is actually pretty good.

They jumped the shark with The Voyage Home.
That was all kinds of stupid.

CavsSuperFan
02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Mikey I am going to have to strongly disagree with you on this one…Star Treks are not like Star Wars movies where they should have stopped after #2…Star Trek films offer new horizons & life forms yet to be discovered…At my annual Star Trek Convention fellow Trekies agree, some of the less popular Star Treks are actually some of the most interesting & creative…

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/3/3282/vegas_2.jpg

RashoFan
02-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Holy shit..Sylar is Spock????
ohhhhh man
:nerd
May 5th right?

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2009, 12:32 AM
After watching Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise start their missions, I see this as unraveling the one thing unique to the original series--history of the ship preceding Kirk and crew. I'll see it, but I'm skeptical.

It'a a different timeline

balli
02-03-2009, 01:06 AM
The only Star Trek movie I've seen was First Contact. I have nothing to compare it to, but I thought it was a damn cool movie. This new one looks insane; an epic effects film that's not all gayed up by Michael Bay.

whottt
02-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I think they're pretty much the opposite of the Spurs, the odd numbered Treks all suck and the even numbered ones are great to decent although the last few have sucked period.

I didn't like Generations because I didn't like the decision to kill Kirk. I'd have much preferred they kill Picard. That had to be one of the most contrived plots in history.

As for this one...it looks good, unfortunately it's the 11th in the series, and while it's not totally true that the even numbered ones are always good...the odd numbered ones have been horrendous. Probably the best one was the Search for Spock, and that's not saying much.

whottt
02-03-2009, 02:39 AM
And BTW, I don't think the guy playing Kirk is going to pull it off...William Shatner has an innate level of pompous douchebaggery that is pretty much unapproachable by any other actor in history.

Never has such a douchebag taken himself so seriously.

Observe this classic Shatner rendition of Rocketman and I challenge you to disagree:

NN3MGN899yE

MannyIsGod
02-03-2009, 02:43 AM
And BTW, I don't think the guy playing Kirk is going to pull it off...William Shatner has an innate level of pompous douchebaggery that is pretty much unapproachable by any other actor in history.

Observe this classic Shatner rendition of Rocketman and I challenge you to disagree:

NN3MGN899yE

LOL so true.

travis2
02-03-2009, 06:55 AM
V was the absolute worst of the bunch...

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM

I've heard that the movie galaxyquest was a multimillion dollar shot at Shatner and how he acts towards people.

Darrin
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM

Captain James T. Kirk

They're all very bad movies. That didn't stop me from watching them over and over, but they all contain major problems in terms of the scope of Trek and just movie-making in general.

II is good, the rest are bland.

Blake
02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Star Wars Episode I had bad ass trailers and what a turd that turned out to be.

I'll wait for the rotten tomatoes % before I run out and see it.

peewee's lovechild
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Never speak evil of Star Wars.

If you keep it up, I might be forced to send some very butt hurt university alumi to speak to your boss about how you make them cry.

balli
03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
New trailer... and man, this movie's gonna kick ass.
8ETDE0VGJY4

peewee's lovechild
03-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I saw the trailer last night before Watchmen came up . . . it looked sweet.

CuckingFunt
03-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I saw the trailer last night before Watchmen came up . . . it looked sweet.

As does Public Enemies.

peewee's lovechild
03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
As does Public Enemies.

I was sitting next to this girl who was basically having an orgasm during that trailer.

She fucking annoyed the shit out of me.

She kept saying, "oh my god, Johnny Depp. Johnny. Ohhhhhh, Johnny."

I was one second away from pulling a Chris Brown when she stopped.

CuckingFunt
03-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I was sitting next to this girl who was basically having an orgasm during that trailer.

She fucking annoyed the shit out of me.

She kept saying, "oh my god, Johnny Depp. Johnny. Ohhhhhh, Johnny."

Um... no comment.

But the movie really does look bad ass.

Seriously, though, she didn't even mention Christian Bale? Craziness!

z0sa
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
the original star trek movie sucks? Fuck you all.

tlongII
03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I haven't looked forward to a movie like this in a long time...

CubanMustGo
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
the original star trek movie sucks? Fuck you all.

The original ST movie succeeded primarily in that it revitalized a franchise that everyone had left for dead. Other than that -- it was a slow-moving mofo with poor acting, decent FX, and a nice Jerry Goldsmith (RIP) score.

Now, if they'd had an extended nude scene with Ilia, that could have redeemed it right there.

Mark in Austin
03-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I was cautiously optimistic until I saw the latest trailer. Now I'm excited. I've heard that Urban and Pegg are so spot-on it is a little creepy. Had my doubts about Pine but so far so good.

MannyIsGod
03-09-2009, 08:34 PM
trailor tonight during heroes was pretty fucking awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeesome.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-10-2009, 07:14 AM
The original ST movie succeeded primarily in that it revitalized a franchise that everyone had left for dead. Other than that -- it was a slow-moving mofo with poor acting, decent FX, and a nice Jerry Goldsmith (RIP) score.

Now, if they'd had an extended nude scene with Ilia, that could have redeemed it right there.

Spot on. :lol

Who can turn down Simon Pegg in Trek? That is just awesome. From Spaced to Trek, oh the symmetry. Can't wait.

Cry Havoc
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I've heard that the movie galaxyquest was a multimillion dollar shot at Shatner and how he acts towards people.

My mom met Shatner once in an elevator in Las Vegas. He actually initiated conversation and was apparently quite friendly.

He probably just doesn't like dudes. :lol

Movie looks AMAZING. I wonder if there's any gas left in the Star Trek franchise for another series.

batman2883
03-10-2009, 01:38 PM
i fuckin hate star trek with a passion!!! but this movie looks really good so i will def see it

peewee's lovechild
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Spot on. :lol

Who can turn down Simon Pegg in Trek? That is just awesome. From Spaced to Trek, oh the symmetry. Can't wait.

It be cooler if they would've gotten David Tennant to play the villain.

peewee's lovechild
03-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Movie looks AMAZING. I wonder if there's any gas left in the Star Trek franchise for another series.

It's basically a reboot, so it's going to bring in a lot of new fans.

Of course, a lot of the die hard Trekkies are going to hate the fact that all the previous films are now going to be void.

batman2883
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Ha ha ha i hate those people that talk klingon

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_trek_11/

garnered enough reviews for rt to put it @ 100%

Also Bk's coming out with special glasses
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/bking/Groupbk-t.jpg

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/bking/BackOfGlassesTogether-t.jpg

i''ll take all 3 but the "a whore a" seriously, that rumor is the girl they cast kept calling herself a whore

E20
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I grew up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, I haven't seen the orginial/older ones; so I have been exposed to the new Star Trek movies, I'll be sure to watch this.

Oh yeah:
Captain Picard
Data
and Worf

FTMFW

Findog
05-03-2009, 12:25 AM

100% with 17 reviews in.

AlamoSpursFan
05-03-2009, 12:32 AM
My mom met Shatner once in an elevator in Las Vegas. He actually initiated conversation and was apparently quite friendly.

He probably just doesn't like dudes. :lol

Denny Crane picked up on your mom?

:lol

MiamiHeat
05-03-2009, 12:38 AM
I hate Star Trek, a soap opera drama in space

BUT

this movie actually looks different, it looks good. I will watch it

E20
05-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Here is the top ten star trek technobabble by the angry nintendo nerd:

http://www.spike.com/video/top-10-star-trek/3037527?sublisting=&sort=&&relatedPage=20&numPerPage=9

pretty funny

phyzik
05-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Best action/sci-fi movie of 2009.... book it.

peewee's lovechild
05-03-2009, 03:36 AM
I think even timvp will like it.

tlongII
05-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm going to see it at the imax theatre out here on Thursday night.

EricB
05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Damn this summer looks like a great year at the movies.

This, public enemies, the Brad Pitt Quentin Tarantino WW2 movie.

Great summer it looks to be coming up :tu

UltimA
05-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Public Enemies is going to be good, I think this Summer will be big also.

monosylab1k
05-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I have always hated Star Trek. Just detested it. Too nerdy, too stupid, too boring. Star Trek is the gayest thing on earth.

.....but this new one looks damn good and I'm going to give it a shot.

Avitus1
05-03-2009, 03:28 PM
When I first heard about it I was like "Oh, Fuck...." Now I'm like "Aww fuck yea!" I'm looking forward to this movie. I think it will probably the best movie this summer if it lives up to everything I've heard about it.

Jacob1983
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Are any of you going to see it on Thursday night? I think most theaters are going to start showing it at 7pm this Thursday night. I was really surprised that the women in this Star Trek movie don't wear pants. I know that the women in the original Star Trek tv show didn't wear pants and I guess this one is kinda trying to be like the original but I figured since it was a reboot or whatever that they would try something different and put pants on the women. I'm not complaining though cause I think Uhura looks hot in this one.

desflood
05-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Ever since Shaun of the Dead, anything with Simon Pegg has big win potential for me. We're going to try like hell to get a babysitter for Saturday to go see it.

lefty
05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
This movie seems to be a piece of shit