PDA

View Full Version : You Steeler fans talking about haters....

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
here's one for ya...

(and before you get your panties in a bunch, I am not agreeing with this guy)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Officiating-dictates-Super-Bowl-XLIII-to-unrevie?urn=nfl,138123

It will go down as one of the most thrilling Super Bowls of all time. But, as has become all too common in the NFL, an officiating controversy threatens to overshadow the stellar play on the field.

On the final Cardinals play from scrimmage, as the team was driving for a potential game-winning score, Kurt Warner turned over the ball after his arm was hit by LaMarr Woodley. The play was ruled a fumble, and it may have been. Or it may have been an incomplete pass. The problem is, there was no official replay review to take a closer look at the ruling. Instead, the Steelers got the ball, knelt down for the win and earned the sixth title in franchise history.

Frankly, it's remarkable that there was no booth challenge to review the play. It was certainly close enough to warrant a look from upstairs. In all probability, the call on the field would have been confirmed. But why not appease the masses and nip any talk of controversy in the bud? (If the call had been overturned, Arizona would have had the ball on the Pittsburgh 29-yard line, certainly close enough to have had a reasonable shot at scoring a last-second touchdown.)

It was a night marred by questionable calls, but the game managed to make everyone forget about the disparity in penalties (106 yards for the Cardinals against just 56 for the Steelers) with its thrilling finish. And then came the unreviewed call. It's especially interesting that the play went without a second look considering the Cardinals correctly challenged two plays during the game (both of which should have been easy calls on the field but were botched by the refs).

The 11 penalties whistled on Arizona included a preposterous roughing the passer penalty on a play that wouldn't have been uncommon in touch football. That came on a drive that saw two personal foul penalties on the Cards, one of which gave the Steelers another chance to score from the goal line. For the evening, 18 penalties were called, the third-most in Super Bowl history. A missed call may have proven enormous also. After Santonio Holmes' game-winning touchdown catch he did an imitation of LeBron James' chalk move. Using the ball as a prop is an automatic 15-yard penalty on the kickoff.

Officiating controversies became way too prevalent in this league this season. Ed Hochuli's premature whistle dominated headlines in the early season and a missed delay of game penalty in the divisional playoffs aided in a Baltimore Ravens win. It's too bad a great Super Bowl followed down that path and may be marred by a decision that would have been easily remedied by a simple booth review.

IronMexican
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
If Tom Brady didn't fumble, neither did Warner.

monosylab1k
02-02-2009, 12:11 PM
If Tom Brady didn't fumble, neither did Warner.

true, those were both incomplete passes.

beefanus
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
true, those were both incomplete passes.
hey the cards had a nother challange they won bolth that gives u 1 extra they even said that during the game so he could have challenged but did they no. so its no contriversy or any other bull shit like that theirs just a bunch of sore losers trying to make up excusess

samikeyp
02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
:lmao @ "us"

Warlord23
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I think that call was too late in the day to have any significant impact ... and it was a fumble anyway

Props to Warner and the Cardinals for giving it all they had and making it a memorable game.

And sorry for being an assclown yesterday ... I was completely drunk and it's a wonder I was able to post at all ... the hangover is a bitch though. If I said anything inappropriate I apologize ... no offense intended to anybody, just some trash talk and over-the-top celebration that every sports fan should be allowed to indulge in IMO!

Dr. Gonzo
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
hey the cards had a nother challange they won bolth that gives u 1 extra they even said that during the game so he could have challenged but did they no. so its no contriversy or any other bull shit like that theirs just a bunch of sore losers trying to make up excusess

If you knew anything about football you would know that coaches aren't allowed to challenge plays inside of 2 minutes of the end of the half and the end of the game.

beefanus
02-02-2009, 01:00 PM
If you knew anything about football you would know that coaches aren't allowed to challenge plays inside of 2 minutes of the end of the half and the end of the game.
o yea thats right forgot, hm thanx still dont matter

LakerHater
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM

Well, they can but, they were all out of timouts so no challange!!

Plus the Cards players were yellin for a review but to no avail!!
I'm not a fan of either team but, I would like to see a team win with no controversy!

beefanus
02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Well, they can but, they were all out of timouts so no challange!!

Plus the Cards players were yellin for a review but to no avail!!
I'm not a fan of either team but, I would like to see a team win with no controversy!
that will never happen and has never happned their is always some one that has a problem with some thing!

monosylab1k
02-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I think that call was too late in the day to have any significant impact

LOL yeah sure. I don't care if all they were gonna get was a Hail Mary and nothing else, if you have Larry Fitzgerald on the field, there's always the chance of a touchdown happening. Bottom line is the refs screwed the Cardinals by not even bothering to review it. It was absolutely worthy of at least that.

beefanus
02-03-2009, 12:22 AM
LOL yeah sure. I don't care if all they were gonna get was a Hail Mary and nothing else, if you have Larry Fitzgerald on the field, there's always the chance of a touchdown happening. Bottom line is the refs screwed the Cardinals by not even bothering to review it. It was absolutely worthy of at least that.
yea it was worthy of a review... but it dont matter now, you cant change the past steelers have 6 SB and nothing can change that.

stretch
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
yea betwee the missed 15 yard pentaly on holmes, then the play not being reviewed, it was a load of crap. oh well. im still happy it was a pretty good super bowl

beefanus
02-04-2009, 11:51 AM
yea betwee the missed 15 yard pentaly on holmes, then the play not being reviewed, it was a load of crap. oh well. im still happy it was a pretty good super bowl
they got him for unsportsman like conduct 15 yards did u watch the game?

stretch
02-04-2009, 11:52 AM
they got him for unsportsman like conduct 15 yards did u watch the game?

for doing the lebron celebration? no they didnt, you ignorant fuck

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
hey the cards had a nother challange they won bolth that gives u 1 extra they even said that during the game so he could have challenged but did they no.

It was in the last two minutes moron, you cannot challenge in the last 2 minutes of either half, the booth decides whether to review it or not.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Not like it mattered it's highly unlikely AZ would score on the very next play, but it's funny how little bandwagon Steeler fans know about football.

BUMP
02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
yea it was worthy of a review... but it dont matter now, you cant change the past steelers have 6 SB and nothing can change that.

how come all the great teams have the stupidest fans that you cant really argue with because their team is actually really good but they have a brain of a dried up cactus?

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 01:39 PM
http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/steelersfan.jpg

smahmood26
02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
you either just found this picture for the first time or you're like 11 trying to be funny. Either way FAIL

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Are you a steeler 'fan' ?

http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/steelersfan.jpg

IronMexican
02-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Why does her shirt only have 2 X's? That thing needs like 4 or 5.