PDA

View Full Version : Pistons Players Have Lost Faith In Michael Curry

sonic21
02-02-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02012009/sports/moresports/detroits_troubles_due_to_lack_of_confide_153054.ht m

Has Michael Curry lost control of the 25-20 Pistons and the respect of the players? Did he have it to lose? Numerous players didn't much care for Flip Saunders. Now it's more a lack of confidence in the rookie coach than a dislike of him, from what I'm told. "No confidence" is more like it, a veteran confided to a friend. "Psychologically we've lost confidence in him and I don't know how you get that back." Biggest gripe from two veterans: They're convinced Curry is being told who to play by Joe Dumars .

xtremesteven33
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
hard to say its Currys fault when you trade Billups for Iverson.

Iverson is a loser. Always was and always will be.

z0sa
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM

They traded Billups for capspace in 09 and 10 not Allen "Practice?!" Iverson

1Parker1
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I think AI may get signed by the Knicks once he becomes a FA. That may also help the Knicks lure Lebron away from Cleveland.

Obstructed_View
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
What took them so long? He's an idiot.

Lp26
02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Well if it makes them feel better, I've lost faith in Curry. I don't think he's hopeless, but christ is his '"coaching" painful to watch right now.

PM5K
02-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm just happy Flip isn't there...

Austin_Toros
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
the Billups/AI trade was just horrible for the Pistons.

major blunder if they thought it would make their team better

sook
02-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I think AI may get signed by the Knicks once he becomes a FA. That may also help the Knicks lure Lebron away from Cleveland.

I'm pretty sure having Iverson on the team would scare Lebron. Iverson is in the stage of his career where he can't help his team by scoring, he needs to facilitate, tmac is learning that too.

Chieflion
02-02-2009, 10:34 PM

Capspace galore for Pistons. Their team cannot get any better with Billups and Detroit takes one of the largest hit thanks to recession which is why they cannot afford to pay the lux.

Darrin
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
This is so predictable. I hate this season.

JamStone
02-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Some thought it would make the team better, including myself to an extent.

Most thought that it wouldn't have hurt the team this bad and the team would be "about" as good as before the trade.

However, it being a major blunder assumes that the only reason it was made was to make the team better when it has been discusses at length by analysts and fans on messageboards that there were multiple reasons the trade was made, including and perhaps more importantly to clear a huge chunk of cap space over the next two summers.

It being a major blunder also assumes that the Pistons were going to be legitimate title contenders before the trade. Even if the Pistons would have been better, that they'd be as good or better than Boston, Cleveland, the Lakers, and the Magic was not a given even with Billups instead of Iverson.

I supported the trade before hand because I thought it would keep the team as good or better and because of the what it allowed the Pistons to have the opportunity they'll have in free agency. It's very clear that the former isn't the case and the team is not close to where it would have been had the trade not gone down. But, the latter reasoning is just as relevant still and a fair enough reason to try to keep the trade in perspective.

lefty
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM

+245000 :tu

baseline bum
02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
It was time to blow the Pistons up. Besides, if there's any time to rebuild and not load up on long contracts, it's right now.

lefty
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
It was time to blow the Pistons up. Besides, if there's any time to rebuild and not load up on long contracts, it's right now.

That's what they brought AI for