PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard has spoken. The Mavericks don't need no changes, man. Y'all crazy.

lurker
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Amid trade-deadline speculation regarding his future with the Mavs, Josh Howard has for the first time publically stated his desire to remain in Dallas.

“We don’t need no changes right now,’’ J-Ho said Saturday after the Mavs’ 111-96 win in Miami. “I know people end up getting traded and I know I might end up going somewhere. But I’m looking forward to living and keep playing in Dallas. … I love this Dallas team.’’

The NBA TV crew asked Howard if he wanted to be dealt.

“No!’’ Howard said. “I like the team that we have!’’

Mavs owner Mark Cuban continues to reiterate Dallas’ desire to get the most out of Howard rather than deal him. Nevertheless, rumors continue. And DB.com has Mavs GM Donnie Nelson suggesting the club will try to do something impactful.

We’ve covered this story from a variety of angles. The offseason crap, of course. Howard’s return from injury. His early-game “shot-hunting.’’ His “Invasion Of The Body-Language Snatchers’’ aura. His value in our imagined blockbuster Josh-for-Shaq deal that would alter the face of the Mavs. Howard acknowledged in this visit with NBA TV that he has an awareness of all the talk – especially the rumors of him being dealt to Miami for Shawn Marion – but largely dismissed them.

“If you’d have heard the fans today – you’ve heard the Miami scenario for me coming down here (to the Heat) – the fans were going crazy,’’ Josh said, smiling widely. “But the situation in Dallas, (even) outside of basketball, the opportunities. … I enjoy it. … With the pieces we have. … so many people try to down what we do. In-house we stay positive and everything. … As long as I’m out there on that court with my teammates, good things happen. I love this Dallas team.’’

z0sa
02-02-2009, 03:13 PM
They love their team!

IronMexican
02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
You can't control what Donnie do. Ya'll crazy man.

ClingingMars
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
where's the Donnie troll?

"We love our team!"

-Mars

DANILO DRASKOVIC
02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I wonder if Josh Howard and Michael Phelps hang out...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gawker/2009/01/phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg

Rogue
02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Howard's works have moved me so much that I start to think he deserves a ring, but he can't get it with mavs. set him free out of the cage, please deal him to spurs for manu.

de Soto
02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree with the whore. No changes needed. Keep playing as before, mavs. It is a major source of sports-related fun here in the Spurs country.:lol