PDA

View Full Version : Espn Says Ben Is #2 Qb In Leauge!

beefanus
02-03-2009, 12:20 AM
I was watching espn today, they were saying brady was still number qb in the leauge and and arguably ben should be # 2 over payton manning. because of what he has done in a short time and what manning hasnt done dispite all his chance.

monosylab1k
02-03-2009, 12:24 AM
:lol Just because he has the good fortune of being a shitty QB on a great team doesn't make him the 2nd best QB in the league. He's not even top 5.

Calling him better than Peyton just cuz he backed into a couple championships is as stupid as saying Phil Simms is better than Dan Marino.

beefanus
02-03-2009, 12:29 AM
:lol Just because he has the good fortune of being a shitty QB on a great team doesn't make him the 2nd best QB in the league. He's not even top 5.

Calling him better than Peyton just cuz he backed into a couple championships is as stupid as saying Phil Simms is better than Dan Marino.
i didnt! i am just relaying what espn said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-State Spur
02-03-2009, 12:40 AM
QBs on winning teams get way too much credit. QBs on losing teams get way too much blame.

dirk4mvp
02-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Michael Vick could win a ring with the Steeler's D backing him.

IronMexican
02-03-2009, 12:47 AM
QBs on winning teams get way too much credit. QBs on losing teams get way too much blame.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Udokafan05
02-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Rivers, 2 Mannings, Brees, Romo, Warner, are all better, just dont have dominant defense.

dirk4mvp
02-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Romo

Probably not. Roethlisburger may suck, but he's not that bad.

IronMexican
02-03-2009, 12:54 AM
lol, Romo. Lol, Super Bowl champs after week 2

dirk4mvp
02-03-2009, 12:56 AM
lol, december

lol, win and your in

lol, 44-6

monosylab1k
02-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Rivers, 2 Mannings, Brees, Romo, Warner, are all better, just dont have dominant defense.

Take out Romo, add in McNabb, Palmer, & Cutler.

beefanus
02-03-2009, 12:58 AM
they also mentioned how ben had more game winning drives in the first 5 years of his starting than payton has in his career and how ben doesnt have a offensive line and a good reciving core but not one near close to arizonas

dirk4mvp
02-03-2009, 01:00 AM
they also mentioned how ben had more game winning drives in the first 5 years of his starting than payton has in his career and how ben doesnt have a offensive line and a good reciving core but not one near close to arizonas

Why don't you just say you instead of espn since you agree with that bullshit.

IronMexican
02-03-2009, 01:00 AM
lol, Jessica Simpson getting fat because Romo ruins everything he touches.

beefanus
02-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Why don't you just say you instead of espn since you agree with that bullshit.
i am agreeing with it yes they but they said today

monosylab1k
02-03-2009, 01:01 AM
ESPN also proclaimed USC the greatest team ever right before they got chode bloaded by Texas.

J.T.
02-03-2009, 01:54 AM
This almost certainly guarantees that Roflsburger is suck next season since ESPN is the kiss of death. Everyone on their staff predicted the Lakers to win the NBA Finals last year. They really know what they're talking about.

Jmoney
02-03-2009, 02:24 AM
God the Big Ben man crush has started again already. After the last superbowl he was the next big thing. Yes 50 rating in a superbowl and your the next big thing awesome! His passing had nothing to with Holmes making a HUGE catch on an overthrown ball and he had to freaking somehow extend his feet an extra 6 inches and still get the ball. Instead of Holmes being the hero already a day later it's Big Ben was the man... What a freaking load of crap.

beefanus
02-03-2009, 03:05 AM
God the Big Ben man crush has started again already. After the last superbowl he was the next big thing. Yes 50 rating in a superbowl and your the next big thing awesome! His passing had nothing to with Holmes making a HUGE catch on an overthrown ball and he had to freaking somehow extend his feet an extra 6 inches and still get the ball. Instead of Holmes being the hero already a day later it's Big Ben was the man... What a freaking load of crap.
theirs that or the qb throwing the ball where only holmes could get it and avoiding a intcepsion like warner didnt at the HALF!?!

RyanLeaf
02-03-2009, 07:07 AM

You are stupid.

Big Ben > Rivers, Eli, Brees, Romo, Warner.

Peyton, Brady > Ben

Did any of you care to watch the game? The last drive was perfect and a thing of beauty.

And I hate the steelers.

RyanLeaf
02-03-2009, 07:09 AM

Uh, the last pass to Holmes couldn't have been thrown any better.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Big Ben is probably #1 pressure situation playmaker. His ability to allude sacks and make plays when it counts is second to none.

stretch
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I would still take Brady, Peyton, McNabb, Rivers, and Warner without question over Ben. I'd say Ben now definitely is top 10 though, alongside Palmer, Brees, Romo, and Eli, all of whom are guys that have the ability to be an elite QB, but have one or two missing qualities about them (consistency, turnovers, leadership, etc...)

DBryant88
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I would still take Brady, Peyton, McNabb, Rivers, and Warner without question over Ben. I'd say Ben now definitely is top 10 though, alongside Palmer, Brees, Romo, and Eli, all of whom are guys that have the ability to be an elite QB, but have one or two missing qualities about them (consistency, turnovers, leadership, etc...)

if you add up all the detriot QB's you have one elite QB

I count them as one

dirk4mvp
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Big Ben is probably #1 pressure situation playmaker. His ability to allude sacks and make plays when it counts is second to none.

You either don't watch much football, or watch too much Romo getting his shit pushed in. Peyton and Brady are much better at alluding sacks and making plays when it counts.

stretch
02-03-2009, 10:20 AM

I'd still take McNabb in those situation. Unfortunately his recievers drop everything he throws to them. Eagles need to get an elite reciever like Torry Holt.

IronMexican
02-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Palmer pre-injury was top 3.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Big Ben is probably #1 pressure situation playmaker.

Tom Brady?

SpursFanFirst
02-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I was watching espn today, they were saying brady was still number qb in the leauge and and arguably ben should be # 2 over payton manning. because of what he has done in a short time and what manning hasnt done dispite all his chance.

:lmao

smahmood26
02-03-2009, 02:32 PM

That's way off point. If it was Eli, Petyon, Tom or any other QB leading that last drive they would have won MVP. Ben does not get the credit he deserves. Most wins ever by a QB in his first 5 years. Great D yes but you still have to score points to win.

Ghazi
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Big Ben is top five.

stretch
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Big Ben is not top five. Brady, Manning, McNabb, Warner, and Rivers are all superior.

:tu

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I'd still take McNabb in those situation. Unfortunately his recievers drop everything he throws to them. Eagles need to get an elite reciever like Torry Holt.

did you watch McNabb's last drive against the Cardinals? All of his passes were way off target. He was fantastic the rest of the game, but choked when it counted.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Tom Brady?

I added playmaker because of Big Ben's ability to scramble. With pressure Tom just gets sacked or throws the ball away. However, Tom delivers strikes when the game is on the line.

Bigzax
02-03-2009, 03:25 PM
he made the plays he had to to win.

he's the most elusive non-mobile qb i've seen...:lol

santonio was a beast as well!

i'd put healthy brady 1st, then payton, and ben 3rd.

stats don't make the qb.

last minute drives to win in the superbowl do.

Warlord23
02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
The top 2 slots on any QB list are obvious: Brady and Peyton, in whatever order.

But Ben is somewhere between 3 and 5 on this list. Ben may not have the stats and consistency but is lethal in the 4th quarter. He's proved it time and time again this year with game-winning drives. The guy gets it done in the clutch, period - and that too with a crappy O-line and an inconsistent running threat. The only others in this category are Warner and Brees.

McNabb still underperforms in the big games (several miscues in the NFCCG when he threw it behind or out of reach of his receivers). Palmer the last 2 years has been injured and very average. Eli played great in SB 42, but this year he was mediocre at best .. with that O-line, D-line and run game this season was a failure for him. Rivers and Cutler ... all I can say is lol, AFC West.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
did you watch McNabb's last drive against the Cardinals? All of his passes were way off target. He was fantastic the rest of the game, but choked when it counted.

I seem to remember him throwing a strike to Curtis on the Eagles' last play of the season. Unfortunately, Hood interfered with Curtis who promptly dropped the ball.

Roethlisberger is not a top 5 QB. He makes plays, but isn't consistent enough to warrant that high of a ranking, IMO.

Ghazi
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
:tu

Rivers? Fuck that, he's like the J-Ho of NFL. EMPTY STATS IM TELLIN YA.

IronMexican
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Rivers is good.

stretch
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM

yeah, a couple were off target. but more often than not, you can count on mcnabb. that last pass he threw was perfect, but the cornerback got away with a blatant interference call. and there is a ridiculous number of times when mcnabb makes perfect passes that his recievers simply drop. there has NEVER been a QB that has so consistently had a core of recievers as bad as McNabb's (except for the year with TO, and you saw how good they were), yet he still constantly has very good passing numbers, a high powered offense, and wins lots of games.

monosylab1k
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM

You've got Philip Rivers mistaken for his teammate, LaDainian.

stretch
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
The guy gets it done in the clutch, period - and that too with a crappy O-line.

o-line is not as bad as you guys say. worthlessburger just doesnt know how to step up in the pocket and get rid of the ball. if he would do that the way that Brady or Manning does, his line would look just as good as theirs. those guys give him a good 3 seconds each play to get rid of the ball, the time frame in which a QB is usually supposed to have gotten rid of the ball.

Rivers and Cutler ... all I can say is lol, AFC West.

then you can say the same about the steelers defense, playing in the extremely offensively challenged AFC North. every team in that division has a shit offense.

stretch
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Rivers is clutch, accurate, reads defenses well, doesn't turn the ball over, and has guts.

Rivers is damn good. A lot better than I expected him to turn out.

02-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Roethlisberger threw zero or one TD pass in 13 games (including playoffs) this season. Steelers' record in those games? 10-3

He isn't asked to do much and usually doesn't.

jack sommerset
02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I would put him in the top 5 no problem.

stretch
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Roethlisberger threw zero or one TD pass in 13 games (including playoffs) this season. Steelers' record in those games? 10-3

in other words, they are better when they are able to rely on their defense. when they have to rely on worthlessburger all game, things get quite iffy.

its great that he can make some nice GW drives. thats a very good quality. but the best QBs can carry the team all game to keep their team from having to be in a position where they need a GW drive. and if they need a GW drive, they can provide one of those too. thats why I would take guys like Manning, Brady, and McNabb over worthlessburger in a heartbeat still. more often than not, they carry their teams to positions where they dont need GW drives.

mytespurs
02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
in other words, they are better when they are able to rely on their defense. when they have to rely on worthlessburger all game, things get quite iffy.

its great that he can make some nice GW drives. thats a very good quality. but the best QBs can carry the team all game to keep their team from having to be in a position where they need a GW drive. and if they need a GW drive, they can provide one of those too. thats why I would take guys like Manning, Brady, and McNabb over worthlessburger in a heartbeat still. more often than not, they carry their teams to positions where they dont need GW drives.

That Steeler offense does tend to get stagnant for periods of time in a game But Ben usually makes big plays when it counts. I don't think he's the #2 QB of all time (too early to make that assessment imho), he can be mentioned as one of the top QB in the game today.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM

the point is not that I would choose Ben ahead of Peyton, Brady, Brees and a host of others. The point is, when it comes to scrambling and making plays in crunch time, Ben is one of the best.

IronMexican
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Lol at McNabb not doing shit in the crunch. 4th and 27 begs to differ

02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
There will be five QBs (Russell, Ryan, Flacco, Garrard and Roeth) stats outside of the opponents' red zone listed below. Try to figure out which are Ben's:

A) 5 TDs, 10 INTs

B) 5 TDs, 7 INTs

C) 6 TDs, 15 INTs

D) 7 TDs, 9 INTs

E) 7 TDs, 11 INTs

The answer is C.

Not to mention he's averaging over a pick/game in his last 46 regular season starts. Guy is getting so overrated now he's approaching Favre status.

stretch
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
There will be five QBs (Russell, Ryan, Flacco, Garrard and Roeth) stats outside of the opponents' red zone listed below. Try to figure out which are Ben's:

A) 5 TDs, 10 INTs

B) 5 TDs, 7 INTs

C) 6 TDs, 15 INTs

D) 7 TDs, 9 INTs

E) 7 TDs, 11 INTs

The answer is C.

Not to mention he's averaging over a pick/game in his last 46 regular season starts. Guy is getting so overrated now he's approaching Favre status.

Just curious, what are some of the stats of other QBs in the same situations, like Manning, McNabb, Rivers, etc... ?

02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
7/11, 9/9 and 5/8 respectively. The one big time QB whose stats resemble Roeth's is Warner at 5/12. Of course, he made up for it by throwing 25 red zone TDs to Roeth's 11 albeit on twice as many attempts.

The closest comparison based on attempts is Kyle Orton. Roeth threw 469 passes this year, 48 of which inside the RZ, to Orton's 465, 59 of which inside the RZ. Orton's numbers outside the RZ are 5/11 and 18/12 on the season as a whole.

For the most part, elite QBs consistently have a TD% at least twice that of their INT% and complete over 60% of their passes. Roeth has done that once in his entire career. McNabb has done it 3 times and Rivers twice in his three years as a starter. Warner has done it only twice but led his teams to SB appearances in both years. Kurt definitely has had an odd career arc.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Brady
Manning
Brees
McNabb
Fat Ben

dirk4mvp
02-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Why doesn't warlord come in here and try to dispute the bukkake Disgruntled layed on Ben?

stretch
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Why doesn't warlord come in here and try to dispute the bukkake Disgruntled layed on Ben?

hes too busy washing the now mixed combination of disgruntledlionfan and worthlessburgers cum off his face

Warlord23
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
^^Why don't you two get a room and enact all your fantasies, you fags?

As for Ben, he wins. Something that all those other QBs with better stats struggle with. It's like the NBA, you can say that Wade, Howard, CP3, Bosh, Dirk, Jefferson, Granger, Amare etc are all putting up better stats than Tim Duncan. Obviously all those guys are expected to do more for their teams than Duncan is. Duncan has a better team, better coaching and a better defensive team around him.

Throw in Lebron and Kobe (the only 2 guys in the L actually better than Tim), and that means Duncan should be outside the top 10, right? Wrong. No way would you take any of those guys on your team in the playoffs over Timmy. That he doesn't have to up 25/12 every night doesn't mean he can't do it when needed. Ben might play poorly on certain nights, but in the 4th quarter of a big playoff game the Steelers go with an empty backfield against a D that will be trying their damndest to stop the pass. And Ben will pick them apart methodically.

I rather have that than a Rivers, Cutler or McNabb who'll fatten their stats in meaningless games and then have their nuts shrivel up when it matters.

Warlord23
02-04-2009, 12:40 AM
And we know why dirk4mvp is posting in this thread. He knows it, but won't admit it, that Peyton's the biggest choker of them all.

Peyton's regular season record: 117-59; playoff record: 7-8
Regular season completion % : 64%, playoff completion % : 56%

Even during their lone Super Bowl run, the Colts won despite Manning laying his usual egg: 3 TDs / 7 INTs.

As for stretch, lol Raiders. Al Davis is still alive and Oakland is still a pile of dog shit.

bostonguy
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM
It Sucks the NFL season doesnt start for another 7 months. :depressed:depressed I am already pumped to see next years Patriots under a returning Tom Brady!

monosylab1k
02-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Ben might play poorly on certain nights, but in the 4th quarter of a big playoff game the Steelers go with an empty backfield against a D that will be trying their damndest to stop the pass. And Ben will pick them apart methodically.

Unless that team is the Patriots or Jaguars.

stretch
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM

As for Ben, he wins. Something that all those other QBs with better stats struggle with. It's like the NBA, you can say that Wade, Howard, CP3, Bosh, Dirk, Jefferson, Granger, Amare etc are all putting up better stats than Tim Duncan. Obviously all those guys are expected to do more for their teams than Duncan is. Duncan has a better team, better coaching and a better defensive team around him.

Throw in Lebron and Kobe (the only 2 guys in the L actually better than Tim), and that means Duncan should be outside the top 10, right? Wrong. No way would you take any of those guys on your team in the playoffs over Timmy. That he doesn't have to up 25/12 every night doesn't mean he can't do it when needed. Ben might play poorly on certain nights, but in the 4th quarter of a big playoff game the Steelers go with an empty backfield against a D that will be trying their damndest to stop the pass. And Ben will pick them apart methodically.

I rather have that than a Rivers, Cutler or McNabb who'll fatten their stats in meaningless games and then have their nuts shrivel up when it matters.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Duncan in basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Worthlessburger in football

Duncan is actually talented and carries his team consistently.

Worthlessburger has to be carried by his team on a weekly basis.

beefanus
02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
o-line is not as bad as you guys say. worthlessburger just doesnt know how to step up in the pocket and get rid of the ball. if he would do that the way that Brady or Manning does, his line would look just as good as theirs. those guys give him a good 3 seconds each play to get rid of the ball, the time frame in which a QB is usually supposed to have gotten rid of the ball.

then you can say the same about the steelers defense, playing in the extremely offensively challenged AFC North. every team in that division has a shit offense.
their oline consist of like 2 free agents 1 rookie and i think 1 guy from last year or something like that. would u like to be that qb behind that kind of o line with the blitz come and thats what teams do cause they kno the steelers have a bed line they blitz constantly, the o line is as bad as we say ben gets hit the most in the nfl and has the most sacks in the nfl, thats just shows u how bad of a line he has, and he steps up stretch, he audibles all the time and their is no one who can avoid pressure like him period!

beefanus
02-04-2009, 11:42 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Duncan in basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Worthlessburger in football

Duncan is actually talented and carries his team consistently.

Worthlessburger has to be carried by his team on a weekly basis.
18 winning drives.... 1 one those was in the superbowl! the defense might carry the team as it should at #1 but he is the heart and soul of their offense, their reciving core a above average but not anything close to arizona, he has a horrible o line, has the most or one of the most sacks in the nfl, yet they win, when it comes down to those 2 min. and they pull out their lightning package, he gets it done consistanly, and their is no denying that!

beefanus
02-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Brady
Manning
Brees
McNabb
Fat Ben
y is brees up their, what the fuck has he done, take him out and then look at your list, thats pretty fuckin good for his 5th year in the nfl puls 2 SBs thats fuckin great!

stretch
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
would u like to be that qb behind that kind of o line with the blitz come and thats what teams do cause they kno the steelers have a bed line they blitz constantly

or maybe its because getting pressure on a QB is the best way to play defense, and ben gets very confused when playing against a team with good pressure schemes.

the o line is as bad as we say

no its not.

ben gets hit the most in the nfl and has the most sacks in the nfl, thats just shows u how bad of a line he has

it shows that he doesnt get rid of the ball fast enough

and he steps up stretch

no he doesnt

he audibles all the time and their is no one who can avoid pressure like him period!

yes there is. McNabb and Brady are the two best QBs in the league at avoiding pressure.

stretch
02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
y is rivers up their, what the fuck has he done, take him out and then look at your list, thats pretty fuckin good for his 5th year in the nfl puls 2 SBs thats fuckin great!

rivers isnt even on that list you stupidfuck

stretch
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
18 winning drives.... 1 one those was in the superbowl! the defense might carry the team as it should at #1 but he is the heart and soul of their offense, their reciving core a above average but not anything close to arizona, he has a horrible o line, has the most or one of the most sacks in the nfl, yet they win, when it comes down to those 2 min. and they pull out their lightning package, he gets it done consistanly, and their is no denying that!

the fact that they constantly have to rely on GW drives despite their fantastic defense shows how shitty their offense is. Brady, Manning, etc... can engineer GW drives just fine, but they dont have to be in those positions nearly as often as Ben because they prevent their team from being in those situations by playing well early. and peyton doesnt even have a defense to rely on. he has always had to do it all on offense, and is probably the only HOF caliber QB that has ever had to, other than maybe Kurt Warner.

beefanus
02-04-2009, 11:53 AM
rivers isnt even on that list you stupidfuck
i ment brees

BUMP
02-04-2009, 12:29 PM

i kind of agree here, except for the fact that he is comparing him to Tim Duncan. idk about that. two different sports and Duncan is the greatest at his position ever. BUT from what ive seen Roethlisberger do this year, against Dallas, Baltimore (3X), and Arizona id take him on my team over anybody in the league with the exception of Brady. yes, i do mean that. he might be piss poor for 3.9 quarters but when the game is on the line, Ben is someone you can count on more often than not. there are a lot of quarterbacks who are better and more talented but i want him on my team over all of them except a healthy Brady. he has the heart of a champion.

stretch
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
iyes, i do mean that. he might be piss poor for 3.9 quarters but when the game is on the line, Ben is someone you can count on more often than not. there are a lot of quarterbacks who are better and more talented but i want him on my team over all of them except a healthy Brady. he has the heart of a champion.

and that is where the issue lies. other QBs like Brady and Manning can make those same drives, but they rarely allow their teams to be in those situations, whereas the steelers are forced into those situations BECAUSE of Ben's inablity to carry the team and his high turnover rate.

BUMP
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
and that is where the issue lies. other QBs like Brady and Manning can make those same drives, but they rarely allow their teams to be in those situations, whereas the steelers are forced into those situations BECAUSE of Ben's inablity to carry the team and his high turnover rate.

i see what your saying and what i meant was that he has the ability to just completely suck for the entire game but turn on the switch and lead a gutsy drive at the end for the win. he's lit it up before too, i dont remember who it was against last year but he threw 5 TDs in the first half alone

stretch
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
i see what your saying and what i meant was that he has the ability to just completely suck for the entire game but turn on the switch and lead a gutsy drive at the end for the win. he's lit it up before too, i dont remember who it was against last year but he threw 5 TDs in the first half alone

if he could do it consistently, then that would be great. but he doesnt.

Warlord23
02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
See, here's where stretch's hyperbole takes over ... you'd think that Ben is a shitty QB who turns it up only in the final drive. Among QBs with 1500 attempts or more, Ben is in the top 10 all-time in yards per attempt and passer rating. He's already set Steelers franchise records in passer rating, completion %, yards Per attempt, most 300+ yard games, 3000 yard passing seasons.

He has been pretty good throughout his career. 51-20 in the regular season, 8-2 in the postseason. 19 come-from-behind drives to tie or win in the 4th quarter.

The scary thing is he's getting better with his judgment each year.

stretch
02-04-2009, 01:33 PM
He's already set Steelers franchise records in passer rating, completion %, yards Per attempt, most 300+ yard games, 3000 yard passing seasons.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

as if that is something to brag about, considering the history of great QBs the steelers have had... they had Bradshaw, and he is the most overrated QB of all time. i think his career passer rating is below 80, and threw about as many INTs as he did TDs. WTF? just another example of a guy getting carried to championships by his defense and getting a shitload of lucky breaks. not to mention playing in the weakest era of football helped. but i will definitely take Worthlessburger over Bradshaw in a HEARTBEAT.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 01:34 PM
lmao, Peyton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ben

It's not particularly close.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

as if that is something to brag about, considering the history of great QBs the steelers have had... they had Bradshaw, and he is the most overrated QB of all time. i think his career passer rating is below 80, and threw about as many INTs as he did TDs. WTF? just another example of a guy getting carried to championships by his defense and getting a shitload of lucky breaks. not to mention playing in the weakest era of football helped. but i will definitely take Worthlessburger over Bradshaw in a HEARTBEAT.

lmao, Michael Jordan set all kinds of Bulls' records. I don't know how the hell he did it with all the awesome Bulls' players before him.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 01:36 PM
And we know why dirk4mvp is posting in this thread. He knows it, but won't admit it, that Peyton's the biggest choker of them all.

Peyton's regular season record: 117-59; playoff record: 7-8
Regular season completion % : 64%, playoff completion % : 56%

Even during their lone Super Bowl run, the Colts won despite Manning laying his usual egg: 3 TDs / 7 INTs.

As for stretch, lol Raiders. Al Davis is still alive and Oakland is still a pile of dog shit.

Hey did you know Peyton will go down as a top 5 qb of all time? Did you know Ben won't?

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/steelersfan.jpg

smahmood26
02-04-2009, 02:56 PM
See, here's where stretch's hyperbole takes over ... you'd think that Ben is a shitty QB who turns it up only in the final drive. Among QBs with 1500 attempts or more, Ben is in the top 10 all-time in yards per attempt and passer rating. He's already set Steelers franchise records in passer rating, completion %, yards Per attempt, most 300+ yard games, 3000 yard passing seasons.

He has been pretty good throughout his career. 51-20 in the regular season, 8-2 in the postseason. 19 come-from-behind drives to tie or win in the 4th quarter.

PREACH IT!!!!!

02-04-2009, 03:59 PM

Really? The stats don't bear that out at all. Take a look at his last three years:

469 Attempts, 60% 18 TDs, 23 INTs

404 Attempts, 65% 32 TDs, 11 INTs

469 Attempts, 60% 17 TDs, 15 INTs

That doesn't look like a guy improving each year. Those stats look like a guy reverting back to the norm.

And W/L record should never be used while evaluating QBs. I said the same about VY a few years ago. Look at Roeth and his 1st ring. He had one of the worst performances of any QB that's played in the game in SB history yet still came away with the win.

He and Eli are cut from the same cloth.

beefanus
02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Really? The stats don't bear that out at all. Take a look at his last three years:

469 Attempts, 60% 18 TDs, 23 INTs

404 Attempts, 65% 32 TDs, 11 INTs

469 Attempts, 60% 17 TDs, 15 INTs

When he's asked to throw the ball more, he makes more mistakes. And those stats look like a guy reverting back to the norm.

And W/L record should never be used while evaluating QBs. I said the same about VY a few years ago. Look at Roeth and his 1st ring. He had one of the worst performances of any QB that's played in the game in SB history yet still came away with the win.

He and Eli are cut from the same cloth.

Winning is everything, y would you not take that into considerasion? You dont win, your not as good as a qb who does plain and simple!

02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Winning is everything, y would you not take that into considerasion? You dont win, your not as good as a qb who does plain and simple!

So Dan Marino isn't as good as Dilfer or Brad Johnson?

It's a team game.

beefanus
02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
So Dan Marino isn't as good as Dilfer or Brad Johnson?

It's a team game.
True it is, but if a qb cant win idc if he doesnt throw pics!

jack sommerset
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/steelersfan.jpg

Man thats one fat chick

stretch
02-04-2009, 09:24 PM
True it is, but if a qb cant win idc if he doesnt throw pics!

you're a fucking moron

Obstructed_View
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
ESPN knows there are a million Steelers fans basking in their championship, and we all know ESPN are bandwaggoning whores. When healthy, big Ben is pretty damn good.

smahmood26
02-04-2009, 11:43 PM
To be honest, it was one analyst that said he would take Ben number 2. ESPN did not conduct a poll or anything like that. Thread title is very misleading. Some "Steeler" fans do not speak for all

Obstructed_View
02-05-2009, 12:44 AM
To be honest, it was one analyst that said he would take Ben number 2. ESPN did not conduct a poll or anything like that. Thread title is very misleading. Some "Steeler" fans do not speak for all

Ben's had a lot of success so far in his career, so it's not the most ridiculous thing in the world to suggest that he's at that position. My point isn't whether or not he's that good, but that it's not surprising that someone would say it during a week where there are going to be a LOT of Steeler fans watching. ESPN likes to make the big segments of their audience happy. If they can add a little controversy to stir up discussion, so much the better. That's their MO.