PDA

View Full Version : The Manu foul

scanry
02-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Why the fuck are the Warriors commentators still whining about the foul. Turiaf clearly had body contact and it was a foul.

But a non call would've been fair in these situations.

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 01:22 AM
I can see why they are upset. It usually is a no call at the end of games. I would not have been mad had he NOT got the call. He was aggressive and got rewarded, but I have seen much worse than that let go.

thekingrobert
02-03-2009, 01:23 AM
it was a bad call but im a Spurs fan and I'll take it

braeden0613
02-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah i though it was a pretty bad call to make in the final seconds of the game..

Amuseddaysleeper
02-03-2009, 01:25 AM
I would be pissed if that happened against the Spurs.

Shoulda been a no call, but I'll take it

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Manu got the benefit of hte doubt because he was driving like a demon all night.

It only looked bad on the replay to the announcers. I couldn't tell if he didn't draw contact or not when he drove and even THE announcers assumed he was fouled until the replay showed he wasn't so they should just shut up. Refs are blind. the sky is blue.

Spurs are lucky to get this win!

Crookshanks
Yeah i though it was a pretty bad call to make in the final seconds of the game..

Kinda like the Manu foul on Dirk in the 2006 playoffs - that sent the game to OT. Only thing - the Spurs were the Warriors that night!

Jobbs
at the end of Reg. they were crying hard about the call

I almost felt uneasy about it.

Death In June
02-03-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't understand that logic. So it's okay to foul, just as long as it's at the end of the game ala brent barry foul circa 2008? Fuck that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-03-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't understand that logic. So it's okay to foul, just as long as it's at the end of the game. ala brent barry foul circa 2008? Fuck that.

+ 1

WalterBenitez
02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Manu got the benefit of hte doubt because he was driving like a demon all night.

Spurs are lucky we got this win!

Yeap, I do honestly didn't see that foul clearly, anyhow Manu got the famous star treatment

Yorae
He is manu.

DPG21920
You might not understand (justifiably) but that is the way it works.

Avitus1
02-03-2009, 01:30 AM
They were such whiny bitches. Yea it was a bad foul, it happened. Move on and try to win the game.

WalterBenitez
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
You might not understand (justifiably) but that is the way it works.

Yeap, if LBJ or KB were guarding Manu, that would have been a clear offensive foul because Manu's nose is too big :wakeup

Trainwreck2100
it was one of those they weren't going to call if the shot went in fouls. The whistle was a little late

scanry
I always grasp my breath whenever Manu drives to the basket. I just have that feeling that he might hurt his knee again.

He should save some of his drives for the playoffs.

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 01:32 AM
it was one of those they weren't going to call if the shot went in fouls. The whistle was a little late

peskypesky
02-03-2009, 01:32 AM
I don't understand that logic. So it's okay to foul, just as long as it's at the end of the game ala brent barry foul circa 2008? Fuck that.

+2

Man In Black
02-03-2009, 01:33 AM
It's what he does.
It's what Brent should have done in Game 4 last year, force the officials to make a call.

timvp
02-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Didn't look like much of a foul but Manu did a good job accentuating the contact. That's one of those fouls you don't like if it happens against your team.

But I'll take it :tu

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 01:34 AM
from the replay I saw Manu just lost his footing, but I only saw it once so I can't be sure.

WalterBenitez
02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
If Manu had made that baket, no foul would be called.
BTW I need pills to sleep :D

Crookshanks
02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Didn't look like much of a foul but Manu did a good job accentuating the contact. That's one of those fouls you don't like if it happens against your team.

It would've been bad had the game been already tied and they gave Manu the foul and the freethrows to win the game. But this just put the game into OT and the Warriors had just as good a chance as the Spurs did to win the game - especially after Timmy fouled out.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-03-2009, 01:37 AM

I've seen Wade have a lot more egregious ones. And Kobe get those calls a couple times with his "verbal flops"

Jayem
02-03-2009, 01:39 AM
tony took 3 steps on that drive with the wild shot...no call.

manu was not fouled...

jackson WAS fouled...no call.

the refs gave us this win.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 01:41 AM

manu was not fouled...

stop pretending to be a spurs fan. If jackson was fouled, and then so was manu.

both were no calls in my book.

InK
I always grasp my breath whenever Manu drives to the basket. I just have that feeling that he might hurt his knee again.

I got over it in the NOH game, the feeling will pass:)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz

manu was not fouled...

No, the warriors gave us this win because they also had some pretty stupid TO's.

Thompson

And remember, the 'end of the game' is arbitrary; see the Manu foul on Dirk with something like 6 seconds left, but 2-3 Mavs hanging onto Tim as he tries to dunk it 4 seconds later is a no-call.

There's also the regular season game in '07 I believe where Dirk literally tackled Finley trying to take a 3; no-call. Countless others I'm sure.

Thompson
02-03-2009, 01:47 AM

I thought so too until I saw the replay; Tony didn't take the third step, he was just flying sideways through the air before he put it up.

manu was not fouled...

Ronny did kind of kick Manu's leg (though Manu kicked his legs out too). Probably a bad call, but it's nice to see one go our way at the end of a game for once.

Actually, even the homer announcers who watched the replay said that was 'good defense' by Bruce and that there was no foul.

So the Warriors had no shot after it went to overtime and Duncan fouled out?

Jayem
02-03-2009, 01:47 AM
stop pretending to be a spurs fan. If jackson was fouled, and then so was manu.

both were no calls in my book.stop being a spurs homer. admit it, the refs bailed us out!

jackson was HIT..manu created contact..thats the difference. neither should of been called but if one was a foul, it was on jackson.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 01:49 AM
stop being a spurs homer. admit it, the refs bailed us out!

jackson was HIT..manu created contact..thats the difference. neither should of been called but if one was a foul, it was on jackson.

ok Spurs fan:lol

(you don't fool me)

Chieflion
02-03-2009, 01:50 AM
stop being a spurs homer. admit it, the refs bailed us out!

Jackson was not hit. See the replay, damn it.

InK
02-03-2009, 01:50 AM
neither should of been called but IF one was a foul, it was on jackson.

What if none of the two were fouls? Like everyone here seems to beleive? What then?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-03-2009, 01:52 AM
ok Spurs fan:lol

(you don't fool me)

:lol He's not very good at keeping his cover.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 01:53 AM
What if none of the two were fouls? Like everyone here seems to beleive? What then?

defend the officiating against a spurs fan:lol

m33p0
02-03-2009, 01:54 AM
why can't you guys just take the win and be happy with it? freaking whiners.

Chieflion
02-03-2009, 01:55 AM

Quoted for truth.

mVp
02-03-2009, 01:55 AM
It was a clutch flop by Manu...

yes, he's even clutch in that department, that's how cold blooded he is.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM

go change your tampon.

HarlemHeat37
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
it's funny that this Jayem loser takes the time to pretend to be a Spurs fan..

Manu wasn't fouled, we got bailed out there..Jackson wasn't fouled though, I thought that was pretty clear..

no complaints here..we've been screwed by refs countless times this year..even on a last second shot, where Duncan was clearly fouled by Ramon Sessions on the game-tying basket attempt vs. Milwaukee..the Orlando-Spurs game was one of the worst officiated game in NBA history..

HarlemHeat37
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
The refs made up for the call by fouling Timmy out with a terrible call. I think Tim was just defending and an awkward movement was made so the refs called a foul.

3:17 to go down by 5 with no Tim Duncan on the court should have meant easier shots for the Warriors.

yup, good point..

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2009, 02:00 AM

cause we got fans on here who like to discredit a players performance lowering down to their favorite player (non-existent in game)to bump them up to discredit players performance.

cmon you know who im talkin about and the fans in general

COM V COTL :ihit

timvp
02-03-2009, 02:02 AM
The refs made up for the call by fouling Timmy out with a terrible call. I think Tim was just defending and an awkward movement was made so the refs called a foul.Brett Brown almost got a technical there. He let loose a nice string of f-bombs after that call :lol

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 02:04 AM
cause we got fans on here who like to discredit a players performance lowering down to their favorite player (non-existent in game)to bump them up to discredit players performance.

you think this was started to belittle Manu:lol Are you the Argentinian Ducks?

EricB
02-03-2009, 02:05 AM
I think Jayem now is just looking to see how much shit he can throw against the wall and see how pissed off he can get fans by taking horrible absurd stances.

Kori Ellis
02-03-2009, 02:06 AM

Do you even read the threads you are posting in? :lol

EricB
02-03-2009, 02:11 AM
BTW, just watched the Manu foul again.

I'm wondering how kicking your legs into a guy making him fly a tad sideways, became legal.

Good call.

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2009, 02:12 AM
you think this was started to belittle Manu:lol Are you the Argentinian Ducks?

in the pass, there were games where we could afford to have 1 player sucked for most of the game appear in the last period to get the win...manu ginoboli only lives in the 4th quarter....some fans had no problems with that, cause it was common.

AS compared to toni longaria, no shit he gets ripped apart if he does that.....

so why do you think fans on the sideline like the tension between their respected fans....its like keep on stirring the pot....

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 02:16 AM
in the pass, there were games where we could afford to have 1 player sucked for most of the game appear in the last period to get the win...manu ginoboli only lives in the 4th quarter....some fans had no problems with that, cause it was common.

AS compared to toni longaria, no shit he gets ripped apart if he does that.....

so why do you think fans on the sideline like the tension between their respected fans....its like keep on stirring the pot....

no entiendo.

Jayem
02-03-2009, 02:18 AM
its like you guys see just want yall want to see and not what actually happens. :lol

i'm glad i'm not one of those fans

timaios
02-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Fucking refs !!!!!!!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang
They gave us that win !!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:p:

WalterBenitez
02-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Fucking refs !!!!!!!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang
They gave us that win !!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

:p:

:bang yeap those refs made those FTs we need.

EricB
02-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Look at me I'm saying everything opposite just to piss you off!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!

FIFY

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2009, 02:30 AM
FIFY

i see the haters are pushing ur buttons, this is how some of us roll here to keep the traffic going....:toast

Man In Black
02-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Look at the video, Manu initiated the contact...true, but by doing so, he got Turiaf leg intertwined with his own, and that...was enough to draw the whistle.

It's the same move that Tim does when someone reaches towards him and he pushes his arms into the defender, Tim gets the call...

That's life.

EricB
02-03-2009, 02:34 AM
i see the haters are pushing ur buttons, this is how some of us roll here to keep the traffic going....:toast

You lead sad pathetic lives then.

braeden0613
02-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Kinda like the Manu foul on Dirk in the 2006 playoffs - that sent the game to OT. Only thing - the Spurs were the Warriors that night!
Yeah that was actually the first thing I thought of after the foul...sucks to be on the other side but oh well

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-03-2009, 07:20 AM
its like you guys see just want yall want to see and not what actually happens. :lol

i'm glad i'm not one of those fans

lol I thought that Manu foul was a bit harsh on the Warriors,I deffinitely would have hated it being called if it was the other way round, however, you trying to argue about the Jackson no call shows your true colors lol hilarious.

Duncan't 5th and 6th fouls were awful decisions by the zebras btw.

InK
02-03-2009, 08:15 AM
lol I thought that Manu foul was a bit harsh on the Warriors,I deffinitely would have hated it being called if it was the other way round, however, you trying to argue about the Jackson no call shows your true colors lol hilarious.

Duncan't 5th and 6th fouls were awful decisions by the zebras btw.

C'mon u can't say Manu foul was "a bit to harsh" and Duncan foul was "awful" unless you extrapolate them from the situations in which they were called. Which is a bit to harsh, if not awful. Manu foul saved the game, Duncan foul was called with us 5 ahead ( i think) and it held no on significance on the development of the game. Im not saying that Duncan's 6th was a legit foul, no more then the Manu one. But the impact one the game (if u compare one and the other) was worlds apart. One was awful, and the other was a bit to harsh, but not like you think.

We gotta say a little thx to the refs for that call, no point in dwelling and rationalizing, we gonna get screwed over by them sooner or later. It all evens out in the end.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
C'mon u can't say Manu foul was "a bit to harsh" and Duncan foul was "awful" unless you extrapolate them from the situations in which they were called. Which is a bit to harsh, if not awful. Manu foul saved the game, Duncan foul was called with us 5 ahead ( i think) and it held no on significance on the development of the game. Im not saying that Duncan's 6th was a legit foul, no more then the Manu one. But the impact one the game (if u compare one and the other) was worlds apart. One was awful, and the other was a bit to harsh, but not like you think.

We gotta say a little thx to the refs for that call, no point in dwelling and rationalizing, we gonna get screwed over by them sooner or later. It all evens out in the end.

Oh I agree with you, I wasn't comparing the two foul calls' impact at all. Dubious fouls being called or not tend to even out and we've had plenty of these going against us.

sribb43
02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Certain players get calls in this league...if that was S-jax driving to the hole in that situation, i highly doubt the refs would have blown the wrestle, thats the NBA for you

benefactor
02-03-2009, 08:49 AM
It's just like the Superbowl. Were there some bad calls against the Cardinals that cost them the game? Sure. But at the same time they allowed Pittsburgh to drive down and score when they had the game won and they gave up an interception return for a touchdown.

The Manu foul was a bad call...but the Warriors had a double digit lead and could not finish. They were also fortunate enough to have Duncan foul out with over 3 minutes left in overtime but didn't capitalize on it. They beat themselves as much as the call beat them.

m33p0
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
It's just like the Superbowl. Were there some bad calls against the Cardinals that cost them the game? Sure. But at the same time they allowed Pittsburgh to drive down and score when they had the game won and they gave up an interception return for a touchdown.

The Manu foul was a bad call...but the Warriors had a double digit lead and could not finish. They were also fortunate enough to have Duncan foul out with over 3 minutes left in overtime but didn't capitalize on it. They beat themselves as much as the call beat them.
QFT.

koriwhat
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
i hate that whole "refs need to swalllow their whistles at the end of games and players need to decide the outcome"! i hate it. plain and simple, hate.

i expect the refs to call everything possible because it is their fuckin' job regardless if the play is in the opening seconds of the game or the final seconds of the game. call the fuckin' play and do your damn job!

with that said. thank you refs.

PDXSpursFan
02-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Manu got the call because he was aggresive during the whole night.
Jackson didn't get it because it was just a stupid idea to go 1:1 against the best perimeter defender on the league...

Like it or not that's just the way that calls are done on the NBA today.

K-State Spur
02-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Not a lot of contact, but you could make a stronger argument that Manu was fouled as he first made his move. As he went by Maggette (with ease I'll add), CM definitely had a hand on his hip trying to push him out.

it's me
02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Manu got the call because he was aggresive during the whole night.
Jackson didn't get it because it was just a stupid idea to go 1:1 against the best perimeter defender on the world...

Like it or not that's just the way that calls are done on the NBA today.

:hat

my2sons
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM

...but if he does that, all the haters will come in demanding to trade manu, he's just a jump shooter, add bruce to that because he's just taking 4million dollars to sit on the bench, great defense at the end by the way and better get rid of red rocket while his value is up....yadda yadda yadda

Agloco
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
It's what he does.
It's what Brent should have done in Game 4 last year, force the officials to make a call.

He did, and they missed it. They admitted as much.

Having said that, the Manu foul was pretty weak in the grand scheme of things. Especially at the end of the game.