PDA

View Full Version : Props to Kurt Thomas!

phyzik
02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Dude smashed the boards tonight. Granted, it was against the Warriors, but the dude played hard. I especially liked that put back on the Manu miss (at least I think it was Manu).

spursfaninla
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
freaking fountain of youth there. Thomas and Duncan dominated the glass tonight. Our rebounding and Manu going off are the reason we won tonight.

timvp
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Is it me or does KT look like he's lost about 20-25 pounds since the start of the season? Even compared to last year in the playoffs, he looks to be down about 10-15 pounds. He's moving quicker and was even able to stay in front of a player like Maggette.

Thomas is adapting well to playing next to Duncan and it looks like the Spurs told him to lose weight to add to his mobility. Results look good so far :tu

WalterBenitez
02-03-2009, 01:32 AM
good rebounding game

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Is it me or does KT look like he's lost about 20-25 pounds since the start of the season? Even compared to last year in the playoffs, he looks to be down about 10-15 pounds. He's moving quicker and was even able to stay in front of a player like Maggette.

Thomas is adapting well to playing next to Duncan and it looks like the Spurs told him to lose weight to add to his mobility. Results look good so far :tu

You know I called this a long time ago, when Fab got hurt. I said KT provides that same tough defense, but he also provides that pick and pop option that Oberto just won't do.

He really has been playing well all year for the most part. He is such a smart player, so you do not really lose that when you give him Fab's minutes. Hopefully he can keep hitting the boards, throwing in some well timed blocks and keep defenses honest.

z0sa
02-03-2009, 01:37 AM
KT is a beast. I predicted this from him, and I'm really happy he's come through with it. His physical defense in the paint is going to be the final key to our late season run and, ultimately, a long playoffs.

Also, with Kurt playing this way, our big man rotation is fairly deep - which is a little surprising. I'm loving the fact Hairston got playing time tonight as well, however small. If he could step up with some plays and KT can sustain the big time play on this road trip and beyond, the Spurs are a tough team to beat.

raspsa
02-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Really appreciate his 7 offensive boards.. keep up the good work KT

Chris
02-03-2009, 01:38 AM
He will be starting before the end of the season.

Andy25
02-03-2009, 01:42 AM
I love how Kurt Plays smart and aggressive D and is able to keep younger far more athletic centers in check. He is pretty small for a center at 6' 9'' (i think he's smaller), yet he manages to keep other bigs in check and uses his fouls wisely.

2centsworth
02-03-2009, 01:44 AM
thomas is a wrecking ball.

Solid D
02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Amen. He was HUUUUUUUGE!

EricB
02-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Impossible, the Spurstalk geniuses said that he was "washed up" needed to be "released immediately"

EricB
02-03-2009, 01:48 AM
BTW, KT keeps playing like this, theres no need for another big.

timtonymanu
02-03-2009, 01:52 AM
wasnt KT's performance tonight just like the game against Memphis but he played better?

he stepped up for the fouled out Duncan in OT against a team we should have played better against.

loveforthegame
02-03-2009, 01:54 AM
He was a big reason for the win tonight. I was so impressed with how he kept Maggette in front of him. Sure he made some jumpers over him but we'll take that to him driving to the basket.

Cleaned up on the boards, had some nice putback off others misses too.

TDMVPDPOY
nice game

lets trade his ass for 3 draft picks....

InK
KT= +24 on top

We looked so much better allround with him on floor today.

EricB
02-03-2009, 01:56 AM
nice game

lets trade his ass for 3 draft picks....

Your horrible posts just keep on coming...

Austin_Toros
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
i'm telling you- KT still has it in him

boutons_
02-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Last year I thought Kurt was fat, totally soft, round shoulders, sorta like Malik. :lol

I wish he had come in buffed like Michael did.

Yorae
02-03-2009, 02:15 AM
We both have crazy eyes that's why.

dastrey
02-03-2009, 02:57 AM
A combination of KT, Bonner, and Oberto is good enough to hold down the center spot. The Spurs season rests in the hands of Finley and Bowen giving us quality minutes at the SF.

TDMVPDPOY
02-03-2009, 03:15 AM
A combination of KT, Bonner, and Oberto is good enough to hold down the center spot.

you mean dishin out 18 quality fouls? we seriously need a guy who can reb and block shots....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Is it me or does KT look like he's lost about 20-25 pounds since the start of the season?

:rolleyes

I don't know how many times I've posted he always takes November and December to slim down and get in game shape. I know you've had patience and faith in him Timvp but some of the morons posting that he was done that are now talking about how great he is are funny.

rascal
02-03-2009, 09:49 AM
:rolleyes

I don't know how many times I've posted he always takes November and December to slim down and get in game shape. I know you've had patience and faith in him Timvp but some of the morons posting that he was done that are now talking about how great he is are funny.

Thomas has little left. He can have a good game from time to time but will not be a consistent contributor.

rascal
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
A combination of KT, Bonner, and Oberto is good enough to hold down the center spot. The Spurs season rests in the hands of Finley and Bowen giving us quality minutes at the SF.

If the spurs go into the playoffs with these guys as the frontline the only way they get to the finals is by major injuries to the lakers frontline players. Bynum being out is a start but he should be back in a couple of months.

JPB
02-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Thomas has little left. He can have a good game from time to time but will not be a consistent contributor.

We'll talk about that during the playoffs.

As expected, Kurt has been cruising during the first part of the RS and will be right there in april-may.

SequSpur
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree with this topic. KT is STRONG!

SenorSpur
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM
15 rebs? Oh yes, Big Props to KT.

I wrote him off earlier in the year. So I"ll be having some ketchup and pepper with my crow.

I'm glad he proved me wrong. Now I hope we can count on similar outings in the playoffs.

Spurs Brazil
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Props to Thomas, he started the season playing terrible but he's playing great lately

smeagol
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
If the spurs go into the playoffs with these guys as the frontline the only way they get to the finals is by major injuries to the lakers frontline players. Bynum being out is a start but he should be back in a couple of months.

You lack prediction skills. Don't think for a second I forgot about your 2005 playoff predictions. Don't make me search them.

rascal
02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
You lack prediction skills. Don't think for a second I forgot about your 2005 playoff predictions. Don't make me search them.

I'm right more often then you are. I had the lakers over the spurs last year.
You pick the spurs every year.

smeagol
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm right more often then you are. I had the lakers over the spurs last year.
You pick the spurs every year.

In 05, I remember you picked the Sonics and the Suns. That is two misses in one year.

If I picked the Spurs every year, I did better than you.

dastrey
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Rascal is right. We need to make a move for Mohammed or Nesterovic by the deadline.