PDA

View Full Version : I Hate The Show: My First Place

PM5K
02-03-2009, 03:53 PM
So they have this show on HGTV called My First Place, it's about the experience of people buying their first home.

I have grown to absolutely hate this show.

Right before they go to commercials they show a preview of what's to come, they always make it seem like something really bad is going to happen and nothing does.

So for example: This couple was buying a house, before the commercials they said something like: Changes during closing could threaten the couples chances of getting their first place, then they show the wife crying.

Well after the commercial the mortgage broker tells them there are some changes, and the changes are that the 30Yr fixed mortgage rate is changing from over 6% to under 5%, dropping their monthly payment by about 75.00, the wife then begins to cry tears of joy.

WTF? No changes threatened their chance of getting the home, and they do shit like this all the time, I fucking hate that shit......

:downspin:

CubanMustGo
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah, because we should only show BAD things happening to people on TV.

PM5K
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah, because we should only show BAD things happening to people on TV.

That's just the problem, I guess they think people won't keep watching unless the shit is going to hit the fan so they act like it's going to when it isn't.

I don't have a problem with nothing going wrong, nothing usually does, which makes it all the more annoying when they always try to act like it's going to.

It reminds me of that stupid show Ice Road Truckers...

ashbeeigh
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Have you watched Property Virgins? I love how the host calls them "Virgins" after showing them the houses. It makes me cringe.

This show though, is just typical. Obviously they get the house, unless they never had good funding, or shit just hits the fan. They always get some luxurious gift from HGTV as well; a dinning room set, a tv, a living room set, etc. I want to be on the show when I buy my first house.

PM5K
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Have you watched Property Virgins? I love how the host calls them "Virgins" after showing them the houses. It makes me cringe.

This show though, is just typical. Obviously they get the house, unless they never had good funding, or shit just hits the fan. They always get some luxurious gift from HGTV as well; a dinning room set, a tv, a living room set, etc. I want to be on the show when I buy my first house.

I watch all of those shows Ash, Sandra Rinomato is a MILF....

ashbeeigh
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I watch all of those shows Ash, Sandra Rinomato is a MILF....

Her accent drives me nuts. But, I do know that a lot of the shows that HGTV are filmed in Quebec, Ontario, and Vancouver.

IMHO (and I'm a check) I think the mom on Property Shop is a MILF.

PM5K
02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Her accent drives me nuts. But, I do know that a lot of the shows that HGTV are filmed in Quebec, Ontario, and Vancouver.

IMHO (and I'm a check) I think the mom on Property Shop is a MILF.

Yup her too and yeah I hate when they say hoouuuse....