PDA

View Full Version : Big game tonight

Walton Buys Off Me
03-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Steve Nash makes his return to the lineup as the Suns host the red-hot Champion Pistons.

I for one will be watching this game VERY closely.

FromWayDowntown
03-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Agreed, and as we draw closer to the playoffs, it will be interesting to see how consistently the Suns can impose their style on games against high quality teams that would prefer to slow it down. I would think that if Phoenix has any real chance come May and June, it will have to find a way to push the tempo. That's not always an easy thing to do at playoff time.

Jimcs50
03-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I have Detroit +3 1/2 pts

I think it will be a close game, so I wanted to take the points.

50 cent
03-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I took the DET moneyline for $50 at +140.

I'm also about to parlay DET ML and Under for $10 for the fun of it.

I really think PHX is about to hit a little slump.

Walton Buys Off Me
03-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Detroit wins by 8

milkyway21
03-03-2005, 10:16 PM
i want Detroit to WIN!

boutons
03-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Could be a good game if Nash really is back and can play his usual minutes.

If not, should be easy win for Pistons.

Fri: Pistons@Sonics
Sun: Pistons@King

milkyway21
03-03-2005, 10:32 PM
speaking of big game,

Nuggets win tonight(they are leading), will mean an identical record w/ Lakersfor the #8 WC spot.
Watch out Kobe. You're going down.

BTW, 2 Kobe crunch time collapse in the last 2 games(NY & Boston?? Now i know why LakerGod is missing from this forum.

milkyway21
03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
3rd 2:14 min left,detroit now leading by 10? hey where's Marion?

note:Detroit w/ 18 offensive rbds. Scary. :rolleyes still has the "it" in the East.

Tek_XX
03-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Detroit is a scary team, they will be a tough finals opponent for us.

SequSpur
03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I was lobbying for McDyess to join the Spurs and most here said he could never play again. Goes to show how smart people are.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Phoenix came back against Detroit. :(

FearDaFro
03-04-2005, 01:24 AM
what an epic choke-job. I'm ashamed of my team. We had the game in hand and handed it to them on a silver platter.

If we don't beat seattle tomorrow night, the entire trip is a failure. I'd expect better of them than they crappy performance they gave tonight.

Still, I' more scared of 3 eastern conference teams than the suns. They aren't going to beat a good team 4 times out of 7 shooting 20 threes a game.

Most disappointing loss of the season. No contest.

Dre_7
03-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Amare got away w/ a travel at the end. What in the world was that?!?!?!

T Park
03-04-2005, 01:30 AM
I was lobbying for McDyess to join the Spurs

Bull fucking shit.

You never knew who he was until the game tonight you little fuckin lier.

All of the NBA is shocked, other than the pistons, that how well he is playing.

BTW, how the fuck would you have paid him the 5 or 6 million hes gettin this year, where would the capspace have come from, THE SKY!!??!?!?!?!

Dumbass.

milkyway21
03-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Amare got away w/ a travel at the end. What in the world was that?!?!?!..let's just say the refs are only human :lol i hope Jack Nies is not officiating this time(e.g. 3-pt goaltend? :lol ).

:depressed .

FearDaFro
03-04-2005, 01:38 AM
actually, it was more like three travels rolled into one. But who's counting.....

T Park
03-04-2005, 01:38 AM
^^^ Speaking of that, I saw the head of the Refs on NBA TV tonight, and they showed that clip, and they said, that that play should've been ruled a 2 pointer and not a 3 pointer, and that "The referees on the play were wrong"

lmao, I about fell the fuck over when he said that.

milkyway21
03-04-2005, 01:41 AM
what an epic choke-job. I'm ashamed of my team. We had the game in hand and handed it to them on a silver platter.

If we don't beat seattle tomorrow night, the entire trip is a failure. I'd expect better of them than they crappy performance they gave tonight.

Still, I' more scared of 3 eastern conference teams than the suns. They aren't going to beat a good team 4 times out of 7 shooting 20 threes a game.

Most disappointing loss of the season. No contest...you don't get ashamed of a team who shows aggressiveness by rebounding 20 offensively. You were beaten from the 3pt area, i think.

just beat Miami and you'll be okay :lol

FearDaFro
03-04-2005, 01:45 AM
..you don't get ashamed of a team who shows aggressiveness by rebounding 20 offensively. You were beaten from the 3pt area, i think.

just beat Miami and you'll be okay :lol

No, I'm ashamed of a team that has another team on the ropes on national TV and decides to mess around instead of deliver the knockout blow. It was a 10-point lead going into the 4th quarter. It could easily have been 15 or 17.

I blame Arroyo for that. This is the first game all season that i've been really upset by his play. Hopefully, this is just a hiccup.

And I'm not going to dwell on the suns. No way they make the finals.

I'm just royally pissed that we blew a game we should have won, and now we have to play a BETTER team tomorrow night, on tired legs.

Sacramento I don't worry about, but seattle is the team I really wanted to beat on this trip.

Experiment2100
03-04-2005, 01:46 AM
^^^ Speaking of that, I saw the head of the Refs on NBA TV tonight, and they showed that clip, and they said, that that play should've been ruled a 2 pointer and not a 3 pointer, and that "The referees on the play were wrong"

lmao, I about fell the fuck over when he said that.

The real question would be what would he have said if the Spurs lost?

milkyway21
03-04-2005, 01:50 AM
"The referees on the play were wrong"

...here we go again :rolleyes

Refs are a necessary evil :cooldevil

T Park
03-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I only quoted what the lead referee said about that play.

Dont shoot the messanger.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2005, 02:34 AM
The refs told Pop that the reason that they called it goaltending is because they thought it had a chance to nick the rim. Obviously by the replay, it wouldn't have hit the rim. But when the refs saw the play in fullspeed live, I'm not sure that they could tell. This is just a case where instant replay would have helped make the correct call.

T Park
03-04-2005, 02:40 AM
Good point Kori, DOn Harris's extra point makes the same arguement for instant replay.

Pop is all in favor of it according to that.

BTW, nice Round table this week Kori, Ill be available after the 10th of april :)

Kori Ellis
03-04-2005, 02:42 AM
BTW, nice Round table this week Kori, Ill be available after the 10th of april

Thanks. Remind me about a week or so before you are available.

Next week, I'm having HIP HOOPERS and his friend on the Round Table as they'll be here visiting from Slovenia for 2+ weeks.

T Park
03-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Thats awesome, I hope G Moore and Jason or Rob are there for IF I get to do it.

That would be awesome.

Although, today, Jason pretty much said what I would've said.

Although, I wouldn't have gone to the extent of his comments on Brent Barry being great buddies with Tony Massenburg.

Slomo
03-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Thanks. Remind me about a week or so before you are available.

Next week, I'm having HIP HOOPERS and his friend on the Round Table as they'll be here visiting from Slovenia for 2+ weeks. Excellent give them hell HIP and make us proud!

A few more visits and we'll own this town :lol

Jimcs50
03-04-2005, 08:46 AM
I have Detroit +3 1/2 pts

I think it will be a close game, so I wanted to take the points.

Final Score: 100-97

:smokin

Jimcs50
03-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Detroit wins by 8

You would have nailed it, had the game ended at the 11:40 mark of the 4th Q.
:spin