PDA

View Full Version : "Please tune back in during broadcast hours"

Obstructed_View
02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah fuck you NBA. I knew you couldn't handle something complex like putting out audio for three Spurs games in a row. Don't ever wonder why the NFL is more successful than you are.

duncan228
02-03-2009, 10:38 PM
spursdotcom had some info today.

ALP is working and as far as I know there have been no issues reported recently. I still do not understand why it went out earlier in the year and it was working for some folks and not for others.

One thing I came across last night is that the broadcast does not start until the given tip-off time. There is no pregame show, etc. The broadcast begins within just moments of the tip. If you click the link before the broadcast starts you will get the message "Please tune back in during broadcast hours." The way I got it to work was to close the window and reopen it a few times until I heard the radio feed. But theoretically it should come in the window that was originally opened.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3079433&postcount=29

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2009, 10:39 PM
it's not like you're missing anything

m33p0
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
it's not like you're missing anything
that is one weird cat.

BlackSwordsMan
02-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Fuck You Stern

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
that is one weird cat.

Its like it stares into your soul

Obstructed_View
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm listening to the nuggets broadcast. All the links use the same java applet that's installed on my machine. If one works, they all should. All the link does is call the specific stream from the applet. When it plays that "please tune back in" audio, it's an indication that the applet itself is working. Either the stream isn't linked correctly or it's timing out. It's not fucking rocket science. The NBA has been doing streaming audio for years. I listened to Spurs games on the WOAI stream in 1997 before the NBA decided to take it over and try to charge people for it, and it worked on a 33.6 modem connection. I suppose the reason they are giving it away for free now is because even the NBA knows they can't get away with charging people for something that's so ineptly run.

One night I clicked the link for a Spurs game and got the UT football game. There are way too many people working for the NBA that don't know what the fuck they are doing, and there are too many people running the teams and the league that don't care. It's that simple.

DynastyBuilder
02-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Obviously if you had the UT football game that would be a problem at the radio station and not with the league. It's that simple.