PDA

View Full Version : Does this move tonight make Boston more important?

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 11:46 PM
With the move tonight, do you think it will be a sign of problems if the Spurs lay a complete egg versus Boston on Sunday? How do you think this rest will effect the team; will they be fresh? Will they be rusty? Does Pop deserve criticism if they lose badly to Boston?

m33p0
02-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Pop was intent on resting them regardless of who they play next. denver is a bad place to play in.

xellos88330
02-03-2009, 11:48 PM
As long as the Spurs don't get bullied around in the paint, they should be fine.

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 11:51 PM
No I am saying, if you are going to rest players, does it make the next game almost a must win in order to justify it?

ss1986v2
02-03-2009, 11:52 PM
No I am saying, if you are going to rest players, does it make the next game almost a must win in order to justify it?

you cant play a must win game in february, so no.

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I said almost a must win. Just seems like if the Spurs come out and lay an egg, that this decision will be scrutinized. I for one do not really mind the decision. I do not like it, but do not mind it.

remingtonbo2001
02-03-2009, 11:58 PM
No.

DPG21920
02-03-2009, 11:59 PM
No.

No to everything? You do not think they will be well rested and you think they won't be rusty?

alchemist
02-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Fuck yes this upcoming game is very crucial. You make a coward move by throwing away a very winnable game against a Conference rival to rest the starters for the 'big boy' in the East.

Jobbs
02-04-2009, 12:00 AM
not so much an egg, just protecting against injury. We own Denver. that blow out at home earlier this season was a fluke I tell ya.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I do not really care about Denver. I am saying if the guys are rested and you take an L, do they need to come out ready to play against Boston?

monkeypunk
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
We really don't have anyone that can match the physicality of the Celtics for an extended period of time. Timmy can't play 48 minutes straight and KT is great in spurts but not very mobile. I think that a win in Boston will be based on energy and outside shooting...

underdawg
02-04-2009, 12:06 AM
I still don't understand how anyone can be upset with Pop's decision tonight -he obviously knew he needed to rest the Big 3. Why not let your bench players compete against the 3rd place team in the West? It was a win - win situation and the benefit was that our bench competed. If we're depending on one regular season game or a tie breaker with Denver to determine the outcome of our season, we have bigger problems than Pop resting our Big 3 for one game. Pop's been known to keep games tight in the past to make his team more competitive. I can't argue with his results or his philosophy.

alchemist
02-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I do not really care about Denver. I am saying if the guys are rested and you take an L, do they need to come out ready to play against Boston?
if they get the 'Dallas special' it'll be a huge embarrassment.

m33p0
02-04-2009, 12:08 AM
they better be. and you can bet the Spurs have their date with Boston circled in red.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Do you think it would have been wiser if Pop let the Big 4 rest yesterday and let the bench play an inferior team, thus improving their odds of pulling off an upset? Then have the guys with a full days rest playing against Denver and not handing the 3rd place team a W? Just some questions, no malice in my intent.

underdawg
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Do you think it would have been wiser if Pop let the Big 4 rest yesterday and let the bench play an inferior team, thus improving their odds of pulling off an upset? Then have the guys with a full days rest playing against Denver and not handing the 3rd place team a W? Just some questions, no malice in my intent.

I guarantee that Pop didn't plan on this decision until after the OT last night. The Warriors presented an opportunity for Manu to continue his progress against a poor defensive team, but his injury was not expected -neither was TP or TD's minutes. Pop's taking care of his players and for anyone to suggest that he's throwing a game for lack of competition or arrogance is just ignorant.

xellos88330
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
IMO, Pop wants to make sure that the team can play with good energy to get a good solid measurement.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I guarantee that Pop didn't plan on this decision until after the OT last night. The Warriors presented an opportunity for Manu to continue his progress against a poor defensive team, but his injury was not expected -neither was TP or TD's minutes. Pop's taking care of his players and for anyone to suggest that he's throwing a game for lack of competition or arrogance is just ignorant.

You do not think that Pop would have done this anyways? I highly doubt the extra 5 minutes played into his decision.

Cane
02-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Could you imagine if you had big money on this game and picked the Spurs? I'd probably get a heart attack :lol

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
if we lay an egg vs. Boston, I'll accept the complaints from all the vaginas on this board..

tlongII
02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
This clearly makes the Boston game more important than it would have been otherwise. The Spurs just gave up a game in the standings and are in danger of dropping two in a row. The only defensible reason to rest the Big 3 in that game is to be able to put forth a winning effort against Boston. If they lay an egg they are in serious trouble.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
if we lay an egg vs. Boston, I'll accept the complaints from all the vaginas on this board..

This is not a complaint thread (not my intention) it is to try and ask questions about the strategy. To make logical assumptions for both sides and try to see why this was put into place. The why is more important than the result right now.

Allanon
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
To be honest, I don't expect the Spurs to win in Boston. Odd timing for resting the big 3 as a loss in Boston would make it two losses in a row and might start an avalanche.

Sunday's game is in Boston in the morning (at least for the Spur players going to that time zone). It's going to be a very hard game to win.

That said, I'm hoping the Spurs blow out the Celtics by 20.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 12:44 AM
I do not think in anyway losing 2 in a row would cause a land slide. The Spurs are clearly the second best team in the west and they still have room to grow. This loss, nor a boston loss would effect them.

It would raise questions about the strategy however. Not that it cost the Spurs anything, but was it really necessary for any reason? Did it really have an attributable impact? Is it measurable?

Amuseddaysleeper
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
To be honest, I don't expect the Spurs to win in Boston. Odd timing for resting the big 3 as a loss in Boston would make it two losses in a row and might start an avalanche.

Sunday's game is in Boston in the morning (at least for the Spur players going to that time zone). It's going to be a very hard game to win.

So I take it you don't agree with Pop resting the big 3?

I hope we beat BOS by 20 as well :toast

ElNono
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm sure in part was resting, but I also suspect he wanted to take a look at what he has before the trade deadline. And no, the next game is no 'must win' anything. Now that we separated ourselves a bit from NO is when we can take advantage and rest up a few guys. Is getting fairly obvious that Pop just wants to win the SW division, and go in as one of the Top 4 into the playoffs.

dav4463
02-04-2009, 12:47 AM
If I lived in Denver and went to the game, I would be pretty pissed off not getting to see Duncan play!

ElNono
02-04-2009, 12:49 AM

What avalanche? We've been the same steady team since Duncan joined us.

underdawg
02-04-2009, 12:50 AM

Spurs win in Boston only if Manu's ass bruise is insignificant. Tony should have an easy time with Rondo and Timmy (as Sean Elliott puts it) has more junk in his game this year. Bruce is still Bruce and if he can limit Allen, we have a decent chance of beating Boston. Just like our loss in LA, this game will be another good gauge of how far along this team is - positive or negative.

raspsa
02-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I think all those who are questionning Pop's decision are assuming that Pop cares about the seedings come playoff time, at least this early in the NBA season. Obviously he doesn't so wailing about it really isn't logical. His philosophy has been to be one of the 5 or 6 teams at the end of the regular season with a CHANCE to win it all, just to be in contention at season's end.. then let the chips fall where they may.. so many games still to play, the possibility of injuries, trades still to be made in the league, so many variables.. the only sure thing for Pop was that he got to rest his key players and if its good enough for him, why can't it be good enough for Spurs fans?

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
It is not that it is "not good enough", it is that people by nature (at least curious people) asks questions to learn. Everyone wants to know the answer to "why"?

Manufan909
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Because everyone else think's they're right. Hell, I have issues with the choices he mad today, but all I hope is that the Spurs are #2 in the POs, so I won't have to hear shit from everyone that thought this was the worst idea ever and cost the Spurs homecourt in the 2nd round.

ehz33satx
02-04-2009, 01:13 AM
You do not think that Pop would have done this anyways? I highly doubt the extra 5 minutes played into his decision.

The game started at 9 pm. After the game, the Spurs did not get into Denver till 3 am in the morning. They played long and hard to beat the Warriors. The Big 3 and Finley all deserved the rest. Regardless of what others think, it was a good decision on Pop's part.

timvp
02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
With the move tonight, do you think it will be a sign of problems if the Spurs lay a complete egg versus Boston on Sunday?No. What's the connection?

I don't see what would have changed either way. The rust factor would be the same. If anything, perhaps you get better production from role players now that they've loosened u a bit.

How do you think this rest will effect the team; will they be fresh? Will they be rusty?They were going to be fresh and rusty either way.

Does Pop deserve criticism if they lose badly to Boston?Not anymore criticism than if the Spurs would have played their starters against Denver and lost.

Bottomline is between now and Sunday, whatever happened or didn't happen tonight will make absolutely no difference. Five days in the NBA regular season is an eternity.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 01:18 AM
The game started at 9 pm. After the game, the Spurs did not get into Denver till 3 am in the morning. They played long and hard to beat the Warriors. The Big 3 and Finley all deserved the rest. Regardless of what others think, it was a good decision on Pop's part.

What time would they have arrived had the game not gone into overtime?

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 01:19 AM
No. What's the connection?

I don't see what would have changed either way. The rust factor would be the same. If anything, perhaps you get better production from role players now that they've loosened u a bit.

They were going to be fresh and rusty either way.

Not anymore criticism than if the Spurs would have played their starters against Denver and lost.

Bottomline is between now and Sunday, whatever happened or didn't happen tonight will make absolutely no difference. Five days in the NBA regular season is an eternity.

What's the connection? You are saying that if Pop is saying guys need a rest at the expense of a loss, then they show up in Boston and get blown out that it does not make the loss to Denver (that was winnable) look questionable?

So if this had no impact and they were going to be fresh and rusty either way, then why not play them and try and get another win tonight? What was the benefit then of resting them if the outcome would be the same not matter what?

raspsa
02-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Because everyone else think's they're right. Hell, I have issues with the choices he mad today, but all I hope is that the Spurs are #2 in the POs, so I won't have to hear shit from everyone that thought this was the worst idea ever and cost the Spurs homecourt in the 2nd round.

They'd be wrong though. No guarantee Spurs win even if they played the Big 3. Better chance of a win yes, but no guarantee.

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2009, 01:21 AM
sitting the guys tonight was a questionable move either way..a lot of us liked it, a lot of us didn't..it's not about the game vs. Boston at all bro, it's about the long run..they need to rest up for the entire road trip, not just Boston..

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 01:22 AM
sitting the guys tonight was a questionable move either way..a lot of us liked it, a lot of us didn't..it's not about the game vs. Boston at all bro, it's about the long run..they need to rest up for the entire road trip, not just Boston..

So you are saying this 5 days rest is dramatically better than the 4 days they would have had anyways?

alchemist
02-04-2009, 01:24 AM
They'd be wrong though. No guarantee Spurs win even if they played the Big 3. Better chance of a win yes, but no guarantee.
Is there a guarantee any of the Spurs big three doesn't get injured in Boston because they rested tonight?

raspsa
02-04-2009, 01:26 AM
So you are saying this 5 days rest is dramatically better than the 4 days they would have had anyways?

Manu was banged up. I read where Parker also had some minor injury issues. Only Pop knows what other stuff went into his decision. Plus I'm sure he found it interesting having so many minutes to allocate to the remaining players.

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2009, 01:26 AM

only because of the back-to-back situation..Manu got injured in last night's game, Duncan was in for a physical game vs. Nene after playing 40+ minutes last night, Tony has already suffered a major injury this season..

if we didn't go to OT last night and won the game by a fair margin, I don't think Pop rests them..but the way it worked out, it's a fair decision IMO..

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 01:34 AM
If it comes down to injuries, then I agree, and I knew about Manu, which I completely agree with. But I thought TP and Tim could have played 20-25 mins tonight and still been well rested. Not a huge deal, just interesting to discuss.

timvp
02-04-2009, 01:36 AM
What's the connection? You are saying that if Pop is saying guys need a rest at the expense of a loss, then they show up in Boston and get blown out that it does not make the loss to Denver (that was winnable) look questionable?Resting against the Nuggets doesn't have anything to do with the Celtics game. The Spurs could have the Clippers on Sunday and Pop would have done the same thing.

It's not a "let's rest against the Nuggets to tune up for the Celtics" plan.

So if this had no impact and they were going to be fresh and rusty either way, then why not play them and try and get another win tonight? What was the benefit then of resting them if the outcome would be the same not matter what?Avoid injury. Especially to Manu and TP. And with those two out, you don't want to ride Duncan in altitude, against a running team and less than 20 hours after the last game.

raspsa
02-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Is there a guarantee any of the Spurs big three doesn't get injured in Boston because they rested tonight?

You can get hurt every game you play. But if you're tired, you have a greater chance of getting hurt and/or making mistakes vs when you're rested. Either you trust Pop's judgment or you don't. Enough said.

timvp
02-04-2009, 01:38 AM
If it comes down to injuries, then I agree, and I knew about Manu, which I completely agree with. But I thought TP and Tim could have played 20-25 mins tonight and still been well rested. Not a huge deal, just interesting to discuss.TP's ankle went out against the Heat in the first quarter. Limiting minutes wasn't really a smart option.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 01:44 AM
An isolated event, but fair enough. I was not saying that the move went hand in hand with the Celtics. More so, you have to look at winnable games, like Pop always does (like when he pulled the guys in the Lakers game, it just was not winnable.) No biggie, but definitely a new wrinkle to an old move.

alchemist
02-04-2009, 01:55 AM
You can get hurt every game you play. But if you're tired, you have a greater chance of getting hurt and/or making mistakes vs when you're rested. Either you trust Pop's judgment or you don't. Enough said.
The way Ginobili & Parker play their chances of getting injured are higher than most on any given night. :wakeup

Gutter92
02-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Losing 2 in a row will start an "avalanche"? I seem to remember an 0-3 start, and what came after that...if it takes an 0-2 skid to get us these wins again, I'll take it.

Yuixafun
02-04-2009, 01:58 AM

Yes.

5 days rest and not playing the 2nd game of a back to back against physical Denver (which loves to bang on Manu and he's already had a bruising night before) at grueling Denver with the higher altitude, after having gone into OT the previous night.

So its not as trivial as you make it seem, 1 day extra rest because you neglected to take into account that extra day of rest means avoiding a game where playing in a weakened state, might have elevated consequence. When you play hurt and fatigued, you are more prone to injury.

They don't dig deeper into their reserves before replenishing.

Scale this 1-10. The Spurs after the game against GS is at a 6. They play Denver with their starters... Now they are at a 4.... with 4 days To Rest before they play an Even more physical, and focused, hot, not to mention defending NBA champions, at their home. After 4 days rest, the Spurs are only recovered back to a 6.

Scale this 1-10. The Spurs after the game against GS is at a 6. Now since pop Rested his Stars, After 5 days rest.. the Spurs are recovered to a 9. They will play Boston as healthy as they can be at this point in the season.

(added bonus in resting your Core, the back ups get extended minutes and experience individually and playing as a unit.... AND you sorta mind fuck with the Nuggets, trotting out that line up and still making it a close game..)

So yes that 1 day rest makes a dramatic difference. Even if they lose to Boston it was a beneficial decision by Pop. They play Boston closer to full strength then they would have had the big 3 played tonight, with really no consequence because Denver would have more than likely won this game anyway, and the Spurs would be even more gassed with Boston coming up, and you back ups didnt get any playing time.

phyzik
02-04-2009, 02:02 AM
This clearly makes the Boston game more important than it would have been otherwise. The Spurs just gave up a game in the standings and are in danger of dropping two in a row. The only defensible reason to rest the Big 3 in that game is to be able to put forth a winning effort against Boston. If they lay an egg they are in serious trouble.

I agree on the point that it makes the Boston game an important one but I disagree that if they lose that they are in "serious" trouble.

Typical Tlong making a big deal out of nothing in an attempt to prop up his pretender team,the Jail Blazers.

Go back to juggling Oden's baggage with your tounge Tlong. :hat

Kori Ellis
02-04-2009, 02:10 AM
The decision was a physical, psychological and strategic one.

Physically, it allowed Manu to get off the court and not aggravate his bumps and bruises. They need a healthy Manu. It also allowed to Tony and Tim to get some rest after playing 40 minutes and getting in late. Though players get injured at any time, tired players who are already aching are more apt to get injured.

Psychologically, it backs up the mantra that Pop preaches all season - that the focus is on the big picture, the Championship goal, not on each individual game. It also gives the bench players a psychological boost that the Spurs are willing to go into battle with whoever is healthy, from Timmy down to Vaughn.

Strategically, it does a variety of things. It allows Pop to see the bench players in extended minutes in a real game (practices can only show so much) to see who is going to be able to bring it when they scale back the rotation soon. It also puts players on display that they might want to trade right before the trade deadline.

If the Big 3 played, I thought they'd probably lose by 5-10 points. So really, what's the difference?

From a fan's perspective, it sucks. Especially if you paid to go to the arena and wanted to see Tim/Manu/Tony. But from a coaching and team perspective, it makes sense. A lot of people think that Pop did this as an ego or cocky thing. I don't think that at all. He's just doing what he thinks is best to keep them healthy and prep them for the stretch run and the playoffs.

alchemist
02-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Yes.

5 days rest and not playing the 2nd game of a back to back against physical Denver (which loves to bang on Manu and he's already had a bruising night before) at grueling Denver with the higher altitude, after having gone into OT the previous night.

So its not as trivial as you make it seem, 1 day extra rest because you neglected to take into account that extra day of rest means avoiding a game where playing in a weakened state, might have elevated consequence. When you play hurt and fatigued, you are more prone to injury.

They don't dig deeper into their reserves before replenishing.

Scale this 1-10. The Spurs after the game against GS is at a 6. They play Denver with their starters... Now they are at a 4.... with 4 days To Rest before they play an Even more physical, and focused, hot, not to mention defending NBA champions, at their home. After 4 days rest, the Spurs are only recovered back to a 6.

Scale this 1-10. The Spurs after the game against GS is at a 6. Now since pop Rested his Stars, After 5 days rest.. the Spurs are recovered to a 9. They will play Boston as healthy as they can be at this point in the season.

(added bonus in resting your Core, the back ups get extended minutes and experience individually and playing as a unit.... AND you sorta mind fuck with the Nuggets, trotting out that line up and still making it a close game..)

So yes that 1 day rest makes a dramatic difference. Even if they lose to Boston it was a beneficial decision by Pop. They play Boston closer to full strength then they would have had the big 3 played tonight, with really no consequence because Denver would have more than likely won this game anyway, and the Spurs would be even more gassed with Boston coming up, and you back ups didnt get any playing time.
Boston plays on Thursday and Friday, I find it hard to believe that the Spurs need sooooo much rest just to beat the Celtics.

Kori Ellis
02-04-2009, 02:14 AM
“Usually, I would try to argue with him,” Ginobili said. “This time, I didn't. I woke up really sore.”

With that quote from Manu, I don't know why anyone would have wanted him on the floor tonight.

Yorae
02-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Boston plays on Thursday and Friday, I find it hard to believe that the Spurs need sooooo much rest just to beat the Celtics.

They didn't rest to beat the boston celtics, but to avoid injuries.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-04-2009, 04:00 AM

Physically, it allowed Manu to get off the court and not aggravate his bumps and bruises. They need a healthy Manu. It also allowed to Tony and Tim to get some rest after playing 40 minutes and getting in late. Though players get injured at any time, tired players who are already aching are more apt to get injured.

Psychologically, it backs up the mantra that Pop preaches all season - that the focus is on the big picture, the Championship goal, not on each individual game. It also gives the bench players a psychological boost that the Spurs are willing to go into battle with whoever is healthy, from Timmy down to Vaughn.

Strategically, it does a variety of things. It allows Pop to see the bench players in extended minutes in a real game (practices can only show so much) to see who is going to be able to bring it when they scale back the rotation soon. It also puts players on display that they might want to trade right before the trade deadline.

If the Big 3 played, I thought they'd probably lose by 5-10 points. So really, what's the difference?

From a fan's perspective, it sucks. Especially if you paid to go to the arena and wanted to see Tim/Manu/Tony. But from a coaching and team perspective, it makes sense. A lot of people think that Pop did this as an ego or cocky thing. I don't think that at all. He's just doing what he thinks is best to keep them healthy and prep them for the stretch run and the playoffs.

Spot fucking on. :tu I had thought of the physical and strategic angles and mentioned them in the game thread, but not the psychological. Once again Kori comes through! :)

Dry that out and nail it to the wall, because that's the best situational read you will get about what happened today.

Oh, and Pop is a genius. He sees the big picture with a rare clarity.

/controversy

Ghazi
02-04-2009, 04:10 AM
I concur. Some people are vexed that the game was close despite the big 3 not playing, assuming that if they played it would be a win. Of course basketball doesn't work like that, for all we know the Spurs would've lost by 15-20 had they played... same reason a team can beat the Celtics one night and lose to the Thunder the next... sometimes you just cant control what the ball do.

DrHouse
02-04-2009, 04:36 AM
I will laugh my ass off if the Spurs miss the #2 seed by 1 game.

Pop is one of the only coaches that can fuck around like this though and get away with it. If he thinks it'll help the Spurs....more power to them. Let 'em lose all the games he wants.

team-work
02-04-2009, 09:53 AM

Agree.

Pop has taken it to a new level. Previously he did this mainly at the end of the regular seaon when the standings were determined. (I remembered in one game he started James White.) This time he did it so early. But his purposes were largely achieved e.g. the bench guys did fight hard to keep the game close, the Big 3 & Finley got the rest. As a fan, it has to be a happy loss.

Regarding the Boston game, it will be tough anyway. Even if we lose, it doesn't make Pop's move in the Denver game foolish.

tlongII
02-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I will laugh my ass off if the Spurs miss the #2 seed by 1 game.

Pop is one of the only coaches that can fuck around like this though and get away with it. If he thinks it'll help the Spurs....more power to them. Let 'em lose all the games he wants.

+1

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
my pre-RRT prediction was that our only 2 losses on this trip would be against Denver and Boston..so it wouldn't surprise me..

FreeMason
02-04-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes.

And Kori nailed the decision.

mogrovejo
02-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Nah, Pop is not a Lakers fan to be that obsessed with Boston; I think the decision to rest some players is completely unrelated with the upcoming game.

TwinTowers
02-04-2009, 10:39 AM

You are right on point regarding the strategic factor of Pop's move; the role players got a chance to get some confidence and valuable PT. From a physical perspective, it doesn't make any sense to me; if I'm not mistaken, the Spurs have 4 days off before the Boston game. If the purpose was to lessen the load on the big three, he could have played them reduced minutes w/out giving such advantage to Denver.

I hope that game doesn't come back to hunt y'all.

Spurminator
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
From a physical perspective, it doesn't make any sense to me; if I'm not mistaken, the Spurs have 4 days off before the Boston game.

Again, it doesn't have anything to do with resting them for the Boston game. It had to do with not playing them in high altitude 20 hours after an overtime game. Manu was banged up and wasn't going to play, meaning Parker and Duncan would have had to carry more of a load.

This game was not worth the injury risk.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Again, it doesn't have anything to do with resting them for the Boston game. It had to do with not playing them in high altitude 20 hours after an overtime game. Manu was banged up and wasn't going to play, meaning Parker and Duncan would have had to carry more of a load.

This game was not worth the injury risk.

I think people get that. What some are asking is, is their sufficient proof to back this assertion up? Is this the first set of games where they played OT in the first one then had another game the next night? Were the big 3 rested then? If not, why was injury not a concern then?

Manu, everyone gets, but not so much Tim and Tony. It is just an interesting strategy. Including myself, I think everyone is reading too much into this.

Old School 44
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM

I think this was the primary motivation. With all the injuries occurring around the league, maybe we can trade some rarely used bench guys for future considerations. With the potential season ending injury to Nelson, maybe Orlando might be interested in Jacque or Pop can swing a deal with his bud Larry Brown in Charlotte and dump Ime.

bus driver
02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
no, unless it is the NBA finals. :wakeup