PDA

View Full Version : Homeowners

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2009, 02:50 AM
lol at the home owners who locked in fixed/variable rates during the boom which was around 8-9%.....now look at the rates 4-5%....:bang

jumping on the bandwagon purchasing a property at that time and listening too stupid wankers on tv giving financial advice.....:lmao

the rates are so low now, why rent when you can just purchased a property and lock it in at those low rates over the long-term. Just wait till you see the first home buyers jump into the market with the low rates or the people with excess cash lying around jumping into the property market....i can see it pushing house prices up or stabilizing it.

the million dollar question is how long will this recession last and the probability of sustaining a job......

rates will eventually go up sometime in the future...the first raise basis point i will start looking at locking into a rate.

Rogue
02-04-2009, 03:04 AM
lol at the home owners who locked in fixed/variable rates during the boom which was around 8-9%.....now look at the rates 4-5%....:bang

jumping on the bandwagon purchasing a property at that time and listening too stupid wankers on tv giving financial advice.....:lmao

the rates are so low now, why rent when you can just purchased a property and lock it in at those low rates over the long-term. Just wait till you see the first home buyers jump into the market with the low rates or the people with excess cash lying around jumping into the property market....i can see it pushing house prices up or stabilizing it.

the million dollar question is how long will this recession last and the probability of sustaining a job......

rates will eventually go up sometime in the future...the first raise basis point i will start looking at locking into a rate.
you've got to piss off those home owners who bought their homes on credit during that blooming period. I bought a big lorry and decorated it luxurily, made it my mobile-home that follows me wherever I go. I really enjoy living in it while staying away from debt.

More importantly, I've never concerned if an earthquake would happen at midnight since I moved out of the traditional bulidings.
:hat

baseline bum
02-04-2009, 03:54 AM

LOL... kind of like NBC news trying to push people to buy their airplane tickets early right when all fuel was at its highest last summer.

TDMVPDPOY
02-04-2009, 03:57 AM
you've got to piss off those home owners who bought their homes on credit during that blooming period. I bought a big lorry and decorated it luxurily, made it my mobile-home that follows me wherever I go. I really enjoy living in it while staying away from debt.

More importantly, I've never concerned if an earthquake would happen at midnight since I moved out of the traditional bulidings.
:hat

everyday u turn on the tv current affairs programs, and you got a wanker talkin about how his struggling with mortgage payments cause he bought it during the boom and high rates, and following the advice of planners that rates would continue to increase at the time.......yeh sure at the time it looked reasonable, but all it took was the economy to go broke and look what happen. These people cant have it both ways, they wont be laughing had the economy kept on booming and rates increasing.........

house prices are continue to drop, i still think the reserve is going to drop at leasts another 1 basis point max imo.....thats when i think its good to jump into the housing market if you can afford it and have a sustainable job.

i already got it all planned out, either:
go back to ur parents native land and marry for money....some rich biatch or someshit,

or pump out 6+ kids and live on welfare lmao

Bender
02-04-2009, 11:59 PM
when the home market was booming, Bexar county taxes were being raised like crazy. The past couple years when the home market is declining, what has Bexar county been doing... yep, still raising property values like crazy. every year. They've got my house at 60K more than I paid for it. There's no way in hell it would sell for what they are taxing me at.

I bet in less than two years, my property taxes + homeowners insurance payment will be more than my principal and interest payment.

FreeMason
02-05-2009, 12:06 AM
I thought 5% has been around for years?

Bender
02-05-2009, 12:45 AM
I refinanced my house quite a few years ago. Got a 4.88% fixed rate.

edit: must have been about 6 to 7 years ago.

SouthernFried
02-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Still waiting for the inflated home prices to drop some. People still trying to get the price their neighbor got 1-2 yrs ago..."well, my neighbors home sold for 237k...so, we're asking about that." Thing is, they prolly paid 150k for the home 8 yrs ago. Don't want to give up that inflated equity that the last few yrs brought about. Understandebly so...

But, when that finally changes, I'll be in. Shouldn't be long before home prices really start, in earnest, reflecting the new market conditions.

Anyway, that's my hope. Until then, the foreclosure market looking pretty good...(or bad, depending on your circumstances.)

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Still waiting for the inflated home prices to drop some. People still trying to get the price their neighbor got 1-2 yrs ago..."well, my neighbors home sold for 237k...so, we're asking about that." Thing is, they prolly paid 150k for the home 8 yrs ago. Don't want to give up that inflated equity that the last few yrs brought about. Understandebly so...

But, when that finally changes, I'll be in. Shouldn't be long before home prices really start, in earnest, reflecting the new market conditions.

Anyway, that's my hope. Until then, the foreclosure market looking pretty good...(or bad, depending on your circumstances.)

same here man, just waitin till prices drop or another 1 basis point decrease in the rates, and im jumpin in hopefully.....

its just a renters market out there now if they are thinkn about a long commitment into buyin a house, they should jump on the low 30 yr rates.......

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I prefer to laugh at people in 40 year mortgages(Hi, California!) or those who chose to finance with I/O loans.

spurster
02-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Mortgage rates haven't been 8-9% for quite awhile.

http://mortgage-x.com/images/graph/r_30_15_arm.gif