Flo-Rida
02-04-2009, 01:47 PM
http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/02/01/madden-nfl-10-first-look.aspx

manufor3
02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
looks sweet

IronMexican
02-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm done with Madden after the last one. All I buy from EA is Fifa.

ClingingMars
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
awesome. now give 2K the rights back to college basketball.

fuck you EA.

-Mars

monosylab1k
02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Are they gonna fix it so that Linebackers don't all have 72 inch vertical jumps to intercept/bat down every ball thrown over the middle? I get a good laugh going to replay and focusing on the linebacker at the height of his jump, seeing his feet up near another guy's helmet.

PeterBurns
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I just got back from Orlando, and got to tour the EA Studios.
Unreal. Got to play NCAA 2010, and see how the storyboards are put together for Tiger Woods 2010...etc.

I'll try to post some pics soon.

monosylab1k
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
NCAA Football >>>>>>>>> Madden

BacktoBasics
02-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Are they gonna fix it so that Linebackers don't all have 72 inch vertical jumps to intercept/bat down every ball thrown over the middle? I get a good laugh going to replay and focusing on the linebacker at the height of his jump, seeing his feet up near another guy's helmet.
If you would have read it you'd see thats exactly what they are addressing.

dirk4mvp
02-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I wish they'd go the nba 2k route and add player specific animations. That's why nba 2k is so much fun to play, just about every player does alot of the same moves the real life player does.

chreph
02-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Sounds awesome but I hope they take it easy on the Cowboy's player ratings lol :depressed

monosylab1k
02-04-2009, 02:48 PM
If you would have read it you'd see thats exactly what they are addressing.

If you would have read it you'd see that they don't post anything about that, they talk about DB's intercepting passes they don't even see.

BacktoBasics
02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
If you would have read it you'd see that they don't post anything about that, they talk about DB's intercepting passes they don't even see.Thats the engine they're going to use across the board. This will combat the unrealistic recovery.

monosylab1k
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Thats the engine they're going to use across the board.

It says nothing about fixing the fact that linebackers can intercept passes 6 feet over their heads.

BacktoBasics
02-04-2009, 03:09 PM
It says nothing about fixing the fact that linebackers can intercept passes 6 feet over their heads.The previous engine was build on parameters outside of the individual player model. The new model is build on reactions of the single player model. This should address your complaint. It eliminates variables.

The 72" vertical wasn't a 72" vertical it was a flaw in how the player model related to the dimensions on the field that allowed the player to cover an unreasonable amount of ground.....it just happened to look like a much larger jump because of the angle of the field in relation to the player model. The flaw was in how much ground was covered by the player.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I wish they'd go the nba 2k route and add player specific animations. That's why nba 2k is so much fun to play, just about every player does alot of the same moves the real life player does.

NFL 2ks were light years ahead of Madden, that's why EA signed up for exclusivity.

johnsmith
02-04-2009, 03:53 PM
They should make it so the quarterback sneak isn't a guaranteed 1 - 5 yard gain on short yardage.

SAtown
02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
EA and Madden are all hype. They never live up to what they say, like the "85 new features" that were supposed to be implemented last year. All I saw was the stupid Rewind. What's the gimmick this year?

JoeChalupa
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe I don't take gaming so seriously but I like the Madden games. I suck at it but I still like it. Its a GAME not reality.

stretch
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
if they fix the way that defenders bat the balls down, then they gotta find a way to tone the offense down as well. its wayyyyyyyyyyy too easy still to have like 400 passing yards a game. at least they toned down the deep ball somewhat this year, but they gotta get rid of rocket catching. that shit is bogus.

BacktoBasics
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
The guy who helped develop "Head Coach" is on the team this year. I'm excited about that because the Franchise mode is lacking soooo much. A sim guy working the Franchise mode over should make for a massive improvement.

BacktoBasics
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
and lets face it last year was playable and not all that bad, just poorly polished with a shitty Franchise mode. The year before was the one that was flat out unplayable. I think only one guy remains from the developmental team that put out that abortion 2 years ago.

Things are looking up.

stretch
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
they also need to improve man defense, cuz it sucked really bad this year. it takes away from a lot of the kinds of blitzes people can do, especially since i used to run the 46, and the 46 blitzes are primarily man blitzes.

stretch
02-04-2009, 05:39 PM
i have no idea how franchise or the other modes are. i only play other friends, or play online.

that fuckface johnsmith keeps ducking out of getting his ass handed to him.

Bigzax
02-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Madden 93 was tops!

lmao at trainwrecks avatar!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=2320&dateline=1233704404

DarkReign
02-04-2009, 06:54 PM
http://f3c.yahoofs.com/shopping/3122866/simg_t_msimg_t_og01701j1c7jjpg260?rm_____DH1ob2Ivn > ALL

lefty
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
NFL 2k5 was the shit

mFFL03
02-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Why do people still buy madden or LIVE? They have to be the worst franchises on the market today. Oh and lets not forget about that MLB crap they put out every year.

Stick to Fifa, Rugby, and Fight Night EA.

SAtown
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Why do people still buy madden or LIVE? They have to be the worst franchises on the market today. Oh and lets not forget about that MLB crap they put out every year.

Stick to Fifa, Rugby, and Fight Night EA.

Actually, MLB the SHOW is a pretty damn good sports game. Probably the best on next gen imo

EricB
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Actually, MLB the SHOW is a pretty damn good sports game. Probably the best on next gen imo

Agreed. MLB the Show is by far and away the winner.

Also 2K sports has exclusivity to the MLB franchise wich sucks cause MVP baseball was far and away better than the 2K abortion they have out now.

FreeMason
02-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm done with EA.

Dr. Gonzo
02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
NCAA Football >>>>>>>>> Madden

Agreed

BacktoBasics
02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Despite the flaws I had a good time with NCAA last year. I just read that the same new Madden engine will be in the NCAA game this year. Should make for a good year.

MLB 2k is using the same interface for their Franchise mode that they used in NBA 2K9. Game should be much improved with the cleaner interface.

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Despite the flaws I had a good time with NCAA last year. I just read that the same new Madden engine will be in the NCAA game this year. Should make for a good year.

MLB 2k is using the same interface for their Franchise mode that they used in NBA 2K9. Game should be much improved with the cleaner interface.

Not just that, i just prefered the interface with MLB MVP, and they also had more up to date rosters and just other intangibles I liked as well.

mFFL03
02-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Not just that, i just prefered the interface with MLB MVP, and they also had more up to date rosters and just other intangibles I liked as well.

Yah this is my bad. I HATE the MLB 2k games right now, just so hard to play by yourself or with a friend.

I haven't played MLB the Show since I'm a 360.

EA was at the top of their game with MLB 2003, or was it 2004? The last year they made it.....

IronMexican
02-07-2009, 10:19 AM
MLB 2k5 was the only good 2k baseball game. But it was my favorite baseball game since the original Ken Griffey JR game on the 64.

BacktoBasics
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/02/23/madden-nfl-10-improvements-to-qb-position.aspx#Comments

for the latest update and full article click the link

Layered Blending

"Layered blending? I thought you were going to talk about quarterbacks?" You'll see shortly how this works for QB's. First, a quick lesson on what blending is. Anytime a player transitions from one animation to another, he will use a 'blend' of his previous animation into the next animation. When you don't have a nice smooth blend, you'll get poppy / hitching animations. If you make blends that are too long, you can easily not have the correct amount of control over your player (he can feel very 'sluggish' or unresponsive). The most common types of blends are linear, ease in, and ease out. Those just refer to how many frames of either the previous or current animation you use while blending. For Madden NFL 10 though, we've added something new - the ability to actually separate the blends out between different parts of the body. We call this layered blending because it allows us to create different layered animation by blending one part of the body out quicker or slower based on the needs of the game. So how does it relate to QB's? Well, how often has this happened to you?

New QB Ratings

Our next big change for the QB position was the addition of some new ratings. For countless years we've basically had Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, and Awareness as the only ratings for the QB position, so it's very hard to differentiate the players correctly and have them perform more like their real-life counterparts with just those few. For example, a superstar like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would previously have a very high Throw Accuracy rating like a 98, well that had to be the case for a 5 yard screen or a 65 yard heave! Here are our new ratings:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)
3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)
4. Throw on the Run: Creates a modifier to accuracy when the QB is throwing on the run. Every QB will take some sort of accuracy hit when throwing on the run, but a QB that has a high rating here will take a smaller hit.
5. Play Action: Determines the 'effectiveness' of Play Action for a QB, i.e. how often they can fake out or freeze the defense (which is obviously weighted against the defenders Play Recognition ratings)

With Donny's new philosophy on ratings, the addition of these ratings immediately made the game play VERY differently than in years past. Chucking up the deep ball with a QB with high throw power but bad accuracy is definitely a recipe for disaster! We have recently been doing tuning to scale down these effects on the lower skill levels because QB's are way more inaccurate than you're used to seeing, and we felt this would be a little too hard to play for a casual player. Rest assured though, on All Pro and All Madden, we will have a much more realistic representation of accuracy for the QB's. I know I've read many times that in the past it seems that the only incomplete passes in Madden are either swatted, dropped, or intercepted...that is definitely no longer the case.

IronMexican
02-24-2009, 11:25 AM
That sounds tight.